Silver Lining (Newtmas)

By thenanotherfangirl

(NOTE: CONTAINS SPOILERS) Thomas had always stared at Newt behind the screens of WICKED. When Newt was sent u... More

1 - Acceptance
2 - A New Beginning?
3 - Change of Plans
4 - Confusion
5 - Tommy
6 - Questions and Answers
7 - Rebel
8 - Almost, But Not Quite
9 - Intruder
10 - One Step Further
11 - Promise Me
12 - Fantasies
13 - Beginnings and Endings
14 - Belief
15 - Decisions
16 - Out
18 - Fever
THANK YOU <3
19 - Two Broken Souls
20 - Blissful
21 - Scorched
22 - Trusted
23 - Downhill
24 - Problems Amongst Problems
25 - Playing With Emotions
26 - The One That Got Away
27 - Good Or Evil
28 - Strangled, Afraid
29 - Angels and Demons
30 - Drug
31 - Give Or Take
32 - Electrotonic
33 - Soft Edges and Fading Ink
34 - Dark, Darker
35 - Celestial
36 - Eclipse
37 - And Now I Sit In Silence
38 - Lullaby
39 - Blink
40 - The Last One That You'll Ever Remember
Epilogue

17 - Revealed

5.9K 247 282
By thenanotherfangirl

Thomas POV

By the time the helicopter stopped, it was evening. Newt had fallen asleep, and I too was nodding off, my head still comfortably on Newt’s chest. Minho woke us up as the helicopter landed in a cloud of dust. I looked out of the window - the our helicopters stopped in front of a massive building. It was much bigger than the Homestead in the Glade, but it was completely nondescript. Grey walls, no windows, a grey door… I wondered what was in it.

I gently kissed Newt’s forehead, waking him. He opened his eyes and lifted his head up, his lips meeting mine. Both our lips were chapped, and the kiss was short, but still heavenly. We stopped when Minho cleared his throat uncomfortably, pointedly looking away from us.

“Get a room, or get out,” he said. We smiled, then pushed the door of the helicopter open. We walked forward to join the rest of the Gladers. It was hot - very hot. Just walking towards them I was already sweating. The temperature was a huge difference from the tropical yet cool temperature of the Glade. I wiped my forehead, wiping off sweat, dirt and bits of rust from who-knows-where. I took a deep breath. The air smelt burnt, like there was a lingering trace of smoke.

[A/N: I’M WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
I WIPE MY BROW AND I SWEAT MY RUST
I’M BREATHING IN
THE CHEMICALS - radioactive by imagine dragons]

Everyone looked exhausted. The weird army people guided us into the building. We followed soundlessly behind, too tired to talk. Yet this place didn’t exactly seem like a haven… 

And then we entered.

A rush of cold air hit me. I admired the house with my jaw slack - the walls were a creamy colour, the floor mahogany wood and framed by dark red and gold linings. Paintings were hung on the walls, each one perfectly straight and perfectly polished. We were led into another room - this one with a grand table filled with all sorts of food. I drooled at the sight of it: steak, spaghetti, stew, salads, fries, lamb, fish, even pizza… My stomach grumbled loudly, perfectly in sync with another dozen stomachs. It’s been far too long…

“All these are yours. When you’re done, you can proceed to the adjoining room to rest for the night,” a man said, as if reading our minds. “Enjoy it while you can.”

“I think I’ve been shucked and gone to heaven,” Minho whispers beside me, and I couldn’t agree more.

We dove in to the food. Every bite, every dish tasted so good. Lasagna? Sure! Mashed potatoes? Of course! Burgers with double layered patty and extra cheese? Why the hell not?! After all, the food was all for us. And the guy did say for us to enjoy it while we can - I wondered what that meant, but right now I couldn’t care less.

After a while, we were all completely full, yet the food was only half finished. Still, we escorted ourselves into the room nearby like we were told to do so. The room had many bunk beds against the walls, evidently for us to sleep in, a huge set of drawers and a door that opened to a bathroom. Newt and Minho quickly established a showering system, and a while later everyone was clean and in new clothes provided to us by whoever who was in charge of this place. 

“Newt,” I said quietly when no one was listening, tugging on his sleeve, “we need to tell the others, you know. Especially since we’re probably going to be stuck here for a long time.”

“But-“

“We’re free now, Newt. There’s no more fighting for our lives. We may be separated, I don’t know. This is our best chance. Everyone’s here.”

Newt sighed. “Okay, we’ll tell them before we sleep. I’m just worried - what if they don’t accept us? I don’t want what happened when I first came to happen again. I’m scared, Tommy. I’m bloody scared.”

We sat in silence for a while. This was the closest I’ve come to knowing about whatever happened to him when he just arrived in the Glade. I was curious - I could ask Minho, of course, but it was Newt’s choice and only his choice whether or not I should know. Behind us, I held his hand in mine, drawing soothing circles with my thumb on the back of his hand.

Finally I decided that the silence was too much for us to bear. We just got out of the shucking Maze, we should be happy, not this kind of sad! “It’s gonna be okay,” I tell Newt, “Minho accepted it, and the others will too. I’ll be with you. We’ll do this together.” I wondered if I was reassuring him or myself.

~TiMeSkIp~

All the Gladers were out - ready. We were just going to organise ourselves into beds when Newt announced, “Gladers. Tommy and I have something to tell you.”

Every head turned our way. I avoided their glances, but one face caught my attention. Minho had a sly smirk on his face. That slinthead… He knew what was going on, “Yes, we do,” I said, trying to sound confident. I was pretty sure my voice wavered a little. I walked over to Newt.

He took a deep breath. Behind the carefully constructed leader stance, I could see he was shaking. Mentally preparing himself for this moment. 

“We’re together,” he finally said, his eyes wide. 

The room elapsed into deafening silence. 

Newt stared at every Glader, a piercing stare that only he could pull off, daring them to disapprove. Somewhere inside me a switch flipped, and I realised I found that attractive. Very. In fact, we should just cut this klunk and kiss already. 

But behind it, I could see that he was slowly coming apart, little by little. His eyes, though stern, watered. Quickly and silently, I reached out to hold his hand, wrapping my fingers around his. 

And then, it was as if we were in a fairytale. There was one single clap - Minho - and slowly the room was filled with applause. Cheers, whoops and congrats surrounded us. I was very much relieved, and so was Newt. His whole body relaxed, a smile replacing the frown on his face. The tears finally rolled down, but they were tears of joy. I crushed him in a tight hug, and I don’t know what came over me, but I suddenly felt it was appropriate to show just how much we were truly together and I pressed my lips against his.

A second passed where I took everyone by shock. Then, there was an uproar of disgusted retching sounds as I broke away from Newt, laughing my guts out as he stood dumbfounded. Oh - if only they knew where my thoughts wandered half the time. They’d have to wash their brains out with bleach.

For the rest of the time, I wondered around the room, talking with Newt and Minho and some others. Contentment and joy filled my mind. When it was time to sleep, we found out that there was one less bed. Naturally, I shared a bed with Newt. No one minded, except a few Gladers who gave me an 'I know what you're doing, you better keep it down' look. I winked back.

I snuggled against Newt on our bed. We got the top bunk - less people to see what we're doing. I shifted so that my back was facing Newt. He put his arm around me, hugging me closer to him. I inched backwards, so my back was firmly against his chest. The bed creaked. Beneath the layers of clothes, I felt something - hard - against my back.

I couldn't help it; I smirked. Newt heard my muffled laughter (and so did probably half the room). I could almost feel his blush.

"Sorry," he mumbled into my neck, sending a ticklish wave of warmth up my body, "I can't really help that, not when you're in this position."

"It's okay," I smiled back, trying not to laugh. My face was red as well. "I'm glad to know I have this effect on you," I whispered, wrapping my fingers in his. 

"Shut up," he replied gently, but moved closer to me. "I love you, Tommy," he said suddenly, and a feeling of absolute bliss, both emotional and physical from his movements, caused me to practically drown in overwhelming feelings.

"I... I love you too, Newt," I managed to reply.

"Will you guys shut up?! We're trying to shucking sleep here!" A voice from below us shouted. I burst out laughing as Newt groaned, burying his head into the pillow.

A/N: OMG 7K READS HjkhOQHKHJQHSIDJl I never thought I would get that far! Seriously :OOOOO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! 

I was literally squealing while writing the last part (if you know where I got the inspiration for the last bit from good job) (hint its from teen wolf which im absolutely obsessed with <3) HAHAHA 

Also if you've read the book you would know that the next few chapters will be them stuck at that place... So finally stuff can happen... if you know what i mean *wink* ;) With that being said however I have no idea if I can write smut... I can't bring myself to it XD 

Thanks to my new followers mashton233, BrandiFawcet, bethiebear13, lolzfangirling, newt_flix, sierra448223, OliviaCaldwell, spaceycasey123 and Everlark_forever_xx!!! <3

QOTC: OTP(s)?

AOTC: NEWTMASSS, dylmas, stydia (tw), sterek (tw) XD

Thanks for reading <3 please vote if you liked this and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 183 21
Minho and Thomas are the best of friends, and they live conveniently close to each other. They hang out with a small circle of friends, which has alw...
243 15 11
"You and me, always forever" β€’ When Thomas arrived in the box it all felt different. Memories began to resurface, eye contact was shared and feelings...
76.7K 2.1K 28
time wasn't in our favour. this isn't goodbye, it's simply see you later. Book 2 in The Maze Trials Series. Thomas X OC X Newt #1 in A5 - 18.04.21 #1...
147K 4.8K 32
The gladers are in paradise, wicked is destroyed and Newt is safe. We rejoin the guys 3 years on. But what lies beyond their paradise? The gladers ge...