The Phoenix Returns

By ExoticTwist

"What?" I asked her. "Was that Keema with news?" She shook her head, silently. "Who was it?" Kennedy freaked... More

Chapter 1 - Lanie...
Chapter 2 - I'd Feed That Bitch to the Wolves
Chapter 3 - Tell the Boys, that Daddy Loves Them
Chapter 4 - Where's Our Daddy?
Chapter 5 - I Missed You, Kyson
Chapter 6 - He Doesn't Even Know That They Exist
Chapter 7 - A Very Serious Talk About What?
Chapter 8 - All Of That Is True, Jerk
Chapter 9 - Come On, I'll Make You Some Coffee
Chapter 10 - Tap Out
Chapter 11 - You Know You Want This
Chapter 12 - Shit
Chapter 13 - Somebody Likes It Doggy Style
Chapter 14 - I Can't Just Be Your Friend
Chapter 15 - Fine, Baby Daddy
Chapter 16 - Happy Birthday, Love
Chapter 17 - I'm Happy For You, Angel
Chapter 18 - This Hearing Is Adjourned
Chapter 19 - Shut Up, Ky
Chapter 20 - Never, Have I Ever Jumped From A Roof
Chapter 21 - I Need Another Beer
Chapter 22 - Trust Me, I Look
Chapter 23 - I'm Not Elliott
Chapter 24 - Can I Kiss You?
Chapter 25 - One Word; Submission
Chapter 26 - You're Fucking Declan
Chapter 27 - Can You Help Me With My Zipper?
Chapter 29 - Thank You, Captain Obvious
Chapter 30 - Fuck
Chapter 31 - Scarlett Will Understand
Chapter 32 - I Got Your Text
Epilogue - Kyson
Epilogue - Scarlett

Chapter 28 - I'm Not An H-O-E

299 11 2
By ExoticTwist

(Scarlett's POV)

"Hey, Oak." I smiled, opening the door for him to enter as I went back towards the kids.

"What's up, sis?" He walked in and shut the door behind him.

It's around lunchtime and I was just feeding the boys and Olivia, Kennedy went out job hunting. She wants to start pulling her weight around here, plus, it will help keep her mind off of Nick.

Oakley followed me to the kitchen.

"Just feeding the kids." I spoke, plating their mac n' cheese and nuggets. "Kennedy went out to look for a job and I'm just chilling here."

I shrugged.

"Mind if I chill here with you?" My little brother hoped.

I beamed. "Not at all."

"Cool." Oakley nodded once, relaxing.

"Hey, umm, do you happen to have that picture of our birth mother?" I tested him. "I've been patiently waiting for you to bring it, but now I'm dying to see it." I bounced on my feet, anxious.

Oakley chuckled at me. "Yeah, my bad. I keep forgetting about it, remind me to bring it next time."

Can't remind you of you just pop up every time.

I'm a little bummed now. "Gotcha."

I'm never going to be able to see this picture, and it's crazy that Kyson said he lied about having. He didn't say that he didn't have it just now, only that he had to get it.

Maybe Kyson heard him wrong?

"Mommy!" Kylan whined from his highchair. Olivia and Sammy on either side of him in their highchairs. "I want my mac n' cheese!"

I laughed at him as I walked over with his plate. "Here you go."

I went back for Olivia's and Sammy's. Once they all had their food, I pour juice for them before sitting down at the table with Oakley.

"Have you seen your birth father recently?" I asked him, sipping my wine.

Oakley shook his head. "I don't think I want to have anything to do with him anymore. I tried."

"Are you sure?" I tried to reason with him because sometimes it's hard to find birth parents, and in my case, I haven't found any. "I tried looking for our birth mother, but I couldn't find her, her name was the only one on my birth certificate."

"I had both and I feel like I was able to find the sucky parent." Oakley chuckled humorlessly. "Maybe we should just enjoy the fact that we found each other and forget about our birth parents."

No.

I shook my head. "I can't do that, I need closure."

"They probably don't want to have anything to do with us anyway, that's why they gave us away." His tone was slightly harsh.

I shrugged. "I don't care."

Oakley rolled his eyes at me, annoyed. "Okay."

"What's your problem?" I grilled, he was making me upset.

"Nothing." Oakley muttered, his blue eyes looked away.

"Well, what was your point in finding me?" I demanded. "You're the reason I want to find her, it gave me hope because you found me."

Oakley sighed. "You may not like what you find."

"I'd like to see for myself, thank you." I concluded.

He had no right to make me feel dumb for looking for our birth mother. He was able to find his birth father but since his birth father isn't what he was looking for, he doesn't want me to find out mother.

I want to know who she is.

I want to know why she gave me up.

I knew Oakley wasn't exactly on board with looking for her, that's why I petitioned Lyle and Elliott to help me. I mean, they were already invested in it, they came to me with ideas yesterday. I just wanted Oakley to be a part of the search so we can meet her at the same time.

Oakley and I sat in silence pretty much the entire time until Kennedy got back a couple of hours later. We spoke a few times but nothing to keep a conversation going.

He upset me for no reason.

Kennedy stopped when she saw Oakley sitting on the couch with me and the kids. It was a weird gesture from her, but I ignored it. "Hey, guys."

"Mommy!" Olivia pounced from the couch to greet her mother. "I missed you, Mommy!"

Kennedy matched her energy, peppering her daughter with lots of kisses. "I missed you, too."

Kennedy brought Olivia back to the couch as she also joined us. "How was job hunting?"

She smiled at me. "Productive." Kenn continued. "I got hired at a diner 10 minutes from here, I'll be a waitress. It's perfect because I also went up to the college and enrolled in two classes."

I beamed at her. "That's great."

I'm proud of Kennedy. She lost sight of a lot when she was going back and forth with Nick. She allowed him to get her all distracted and drop out of college because she was stressing over him.

As for me, I stopped taking classes a few weeks before Kyson came back to see about his father. I needed that break because it was getting overwhelming to take care of the boys, attend classes, and study.

I wanted to continue, badly, but my grades were dropping.

I have about seven more classes to finish my degree, I'll probably get back to it soon since I now have help from Kyson.

Speaking of Kyson...

I messed things up with him. He doesn't even want to exercise the thought of being with me— ever. He said that he just wants to co-parent, and that's it.

I sighed, upset. "What am I going to do about Kyson?"

"Daddy?" Sammy questioned from beside me.

I gave him a small smile. "Yes, Daddy."

"What do you mean?" Oakley was confused.

Kennedy rubbed my leg in comfort as she sympathized with me. "Scarlett confessed to Carter that she wants to be with him, but he turned her down because she found out that she slept with Declan."

Oakley frowned. "Who's Declan?"

"He works for Kyson, at the gym." She shrugged. "He's the younger guy with the brown curly hair." Kennedy responded to Oakley. Oakley attended the grand opening of the gym, so he may remember seeing Declan."Carter was highly upset with our girl Scarlett." Kenn snickered. "Doesn't pay to be an H-O-E." She said in a light tone, spelling it out because the kids are around.

My jaw dropped as I looked over at her just as Oakley began to chuckle but played it off as a cough when I glared at him.

"I'm not an H-O-E." I declared, also spelling it so the kids don't repeat the word.

Kennedy giggled. "I'm kidding, babes." She was amused. "You're not an H-O-E, you just had an H-O-E moment."

"Kenn." I whined.

"Scarlett, admit it." Kennedy spoke, eyeing me. "You were playing with Carter and Declan in the same week."

I groaned internally because she's right, I was acting like a hoe.

"Fine." I grimaced. "It's not a good look, but I was never interested in Declan the way that I'm interested in Kyson."

I pouted.

"He'll come around." Kennedy reasoned. "He's just cautious about who he gives his heart to right now because of Sophia."

Kennedy made sense, but it's not like Kyson doesn't know me.

Kyson didn't want to be with me just because he broke up with Sophia, Sophia really broke his heart. He needs to heal from that before he tries to be anything with me and the boys.

Oakley spoke up. "I don't think that you should be with him— or any guys right now."

"Protective little brother..." Kenn trailed off.

"I'm just saying, Kyson is who I want to be with." I told them. "I'm waiting for him."

Oakley rolled his eyes which made me roll mine. I have no idea what's going on with him today, he seems agitated.

"Car loves you, Scar." Kenn beamed. "And you guys will get back to making beautiful babies in no time."

I gasped, throwing a couch pillow at her. "Shut up, Kenn."

"So, what about you Oakley— do you have someone that you're crazy about?" Kennedy knocked Oakley out of some kind of daze he was in. "Hello, Oakley?"

He jumped in his seat. "My bad, yeah?"

"Do you have a special someone in your life?" Kennedy asked differently.

I was excited to hear about it as I adjusted my spot on the couch and pulled my hair behind my ear. Oakley rarely opens up about anything, I finally get to hear something good.

My little brother shook his head. "I do, but I don't. It's a sticky situation." He enlighted. "It's forbidden."

I frowned, bummed.

"Forbidden?" I was puzzled. "It's the 21st century..." I trailed off. "Who still forbids?" My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

Oakley shrugged.

"It's a parents thing, huh?" Kennedy inquired, thinking about it. "Parents can be lame— and cruel." She added, probably relating to how parents can behave. Considering her parents are not exactly parents of the year when it comes down to it.

"Something like that." He snipped.

"Right." I nodded as the talk died down.

Kennedy excused herself to the bathroom as Oakley sat with me and the kids.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Oakley staring at me but every time I looked over at him, he turned his head. It happened about three times until I just gave up.

Sometimes, I wonder about him.

Kyson and Lyle came over a couple of hours later, Oakley was still here while Kennedy and Olivia left for her parents' house to spend the night. I kind of wanted Oakley to leave because he's been here almost all day and once Kennedy left it got kind of awkward.

He doesn't talk much and when he does the answers are always short.

Oakley has been here since noon and now it's almost bedtime.

"What's up, Oakley?" Lyle greeted him, sitting on the couch.

Kyson came straight to me and hugged me, it was a little weird considering how we left things, but I didn't mind. It felt good to know that he and Lyle were here with me now. I didn't want to hold Kenn up with my problems.

"Hey, baby mama." He kissed my forehead.

If this is us co-parenting, then I can live with it.

He pulled away too soon. "Hey, Ky."

"What's the matter?" Ky asked me, rubbing my back.

"Nothing." I sighed, even though something is very wrong. I want Oakley to leave already, he makes it seem like no big deal to want to stay around me all day. Since the boys were in their room, it was easy for me to pull Kyson away. "The boys have been asking for you." I lied to cover up why I actually pulling him away.

I lead him away from Lyle and Oakley, we headed to the boys' room. They weren't asleep yet, just in their cribs watching television.

They were so happy to see Kyson as they cheered his name. "Daddy! Daddy!" Kylan and Sammy both jumped for joy in their cribs.

He hugged and kissed both of them before turning to me. "What's wrong?"

Kyson knew something was up with me when he walked through the front door. I felt bad for what I was about to say but I don't know what else to do.

"I want Oakley to leave." I whined.

"Why?" He questioned, checking me out. Not in a sexual way but in a way to make sure I was okay. "Did he do anything to you?" His eyes grew twice their size, panicked.

I was confused by his question and reaction as I shook my head. "No." My eyebrows scrunched together on my forehead. "Why would you ask that?"

Ky just shook his head. "Never mind." He waved me off.

"He's just been here since noon and he makes it seem like everything's okay when it comes to being with me all day." I rolled my eyes. "Plus, it's bedtime, and Kennedy is gone for the night." I told him.

"Where did she go?" Kyson wanted to know.

I shrugged. "Her parents."

He nodded. "I'm staying the night."

Yes!

I wanted him to stay with me, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

We headed back downstairs t I see what Lyle and Oakley were up to, but once Kyson and I walked into the room, he spoke. "Lyle, I'm gonna stay the night with Scarlett and the boys."

Oakley looked at me, longing. "Aww, sis. I could have stayed with you if you didn't want to be alone."

I want you to go home!

Kyson waved him off with a shrug. "I offered, she didn't ask."

"Yeah, he mostly wants to stay for the boys." I explained, lying.

Oakley frowned, standing up from the couch. "Okay, I guess I'll get going." He looked upset at the fact that he wasn't going to be the one to stay with me tonight. But it's crazy that he would be upset by that because I never invited him to stay the night, or offered.

Even though Oakley claims to be my brother, it doesn't mean that I trust him or believe that he won't harm me in my sleep.

"I'll drop you off." Lyle stood up with Oakley and turned to him with a smile of hopefulness.

"Uh, sure." Oakley agreed, hesitantly.

Thank you, God for Lyle and Kyson! I've been wanting Oakley gone and now he is leaving. I can finally go to bed; it has been a long day and a slow night.

My little brother walked over to me and hugged me, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow, sis?"

"I'll let you know, okay?" I responded. I don't want this happening again tomorrow. I had enough of him today.

I'm not a H-O-E

He nodded in return.

Lyle said goodbye to Kyson and me before heading out with Oakley.

I nearly did my happy dance.

"Uh." I sighed in relief, giddily locking the door behind him. "Thank God."

Kyson chuckled from behind me. "Stop being mean."

"I'm not." I went to fix my pillows on the couch as I cleaned up the little mess in the den before turning off the lights and heading back to Kyson. "I'm just a wimp when it comes to stuff like that." I explained. "Thank you for saving me."

I will always be grateful.

He looked at me strangely. "What's going on?" I shrugged so he continued to speak. "First, you're all excited to get to know him and now you don't even want to see his face."

"He's weird sometimes." I groaned, making sure all the doors were locked. "He doesn't like to have conversations with me. The most that I've known about him is what I learned during the first night that he was here."

Ky was surprised as his eyebrows went up on his forehead. "Really?"

I nodded.

"And before you guys got here, he kept staring at me." I confessed, kind of feeling stupid now that I said it aloud. "Ugh, I don't know."

Instead of Ky being his super supportive self, he was as quiet a mouse. He had nothing to say as he stood in front of me. He usually defends Oakley, but he said nothing.

"Hmm." Kyson thought.

"Then he told me that he never said anything about not having the picture of our birth mother, he just keeps forgetting to bring it." I added.

And that's when Kyson's mouth completely dropped. "Are you sure that's what he said?"

I nodded. "Yup."

Kyson chuckled as he headed for the stairs. "This dude is nuts."

I rolled my eyes, turning off the lights as I followed behind him. "I didn't think that meeting my brother at this age would be so hard, but it is." I continued as we headed up the steps. "I wish we grew up together and bonded as little kids."

I sighed as we reached the top.

Kyson wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he pulled me into his side and kissed my forehead. "I know how bad you wanted this. I'm sorry that it's not working out, babe."

I frowned. "Thanks."

Going straight for the boys' room, Kyson and I decided to just crash in there. We made a bed on the floor with tons of covers and pillows. The boys were still up when we stepped in, they were watching television.

It bothers me how Oakley has been acting lately. I'm starting to really not like my little brother even though I wanted this to work so badly, but I don't know how much longer I can take.

****

The next morning, I woke up before the twins, but not before Kyson. I noticed that he was already out of the bed as I ran my hand over his empty spot, the cold sheets gave me a chill.

He has been gone for quite some time now.

Kicking the covers off, I grabbed the baby monitor. I tip-toed over to their cribs to make sure that they were covered up before heading out in silence, I don't want to wake them.

Checking my phone on the way, I checked the time.

9:34 AM.

I slept longer than I meant to. Plus, last night was like a little unexpected slumber party. The boys didn't want to go to sleep because they were excited to see their dad sleeping over and in their room.

So, they talked to Kyson for almost the whole night which kept me up. Although I'm not complaining, I love to see my boys happy, and it was highly entertaining.

I went straight to my room to brush my teeth and shower. As soon as I stepped out of the shower, I smelt pancakes and sausage. The smell instantly made my stomach rumble in anxiousness and hunger.

Dressing quickly, I pulled on a pair of Elliott's black joggers, and white shirt, and a black hoodie. The mornings are chilly now since the temperatures dropped.

Pulling on some socks, I headed downstairs.

I wasn't surprised to find Kyson lounging on the couch in his hoodie, eating breakfast.

He smiled at me once he saw me. "Well, aren't you comfy?"

I beamed, adjusting the thermostat. "Very."

"Your food is in the oven." He told me, taking a huge bite of pancakes.

I couldn't stop smiling. "Thanks." Gosh, he is so good to me and the boys. Grabbing my food, I headed to the couch with him. My plate consisted of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and hash browns. "It looks so good. How did you learn to cook like this?"

He just shrugged as I sat down beside him.

"A chef in LA." Ky continued. "He was my personal chef and he taught me a few things."

I nodded, listening. "Well, tell him I said thank you."

Kyson chuckled slightly. "I will."

We got extremely quiet for a moment as we just enjoyed our food. I was surprised that he wasn't already done, but that only means that he just started eating and just finished cooking.

I love how he picked up cooking in LA. He probably learned a lot of things in LA. He probably misses the sunlight, the warmth, his house...

Maybe that's why he wondered last night if I could ever see myself leaving New York.

"I don't know if I ever see myself leaving New York..." I trailed off.

Kyson turned to me, confusion written on his face and in his chocolate eyes. "Huh?"

"You asked me last night if I could ever see myself leaving New York— and the answer is I don't know." I continued. "I have so many unanswered questions when it comes to this place. I don't want to leave them that way..."

Kyson's expression softened as I spoke. "It's okay if you don't. I just wanted to pick your brain."

"Okay." I gave him a small smile.

Kyson's eyes looked weird, they didn't look happy, but they didn't look sad either, they looked a bit disappointed. He was probably expecting a different answer from me.

What if he wants me and the boys to go with him to LA?

Or maybe just the boys?

I can't be without my sons, and technically, since they are half his he could do it.

I would die without them, if they were gone, even for a second, I wouldn't make it through the first day. Hell, I wouldn't make it through the first five minutes without them.

"Do you miss home?" I asked him, picking his brain this time.

He just shrugged. "Home is where you and the boys are." Kyson glanced at me with a small, loop-sided smiled.

It was hot.

I wanted to question him more, but I was terrified of his answers, so I just remained quiet and ate my food.

Ky and I finished our breakfast before the boys woke, we enjoyed ourselves as a family for most of the day. Olivia and Kennedy got home much later, I was surprised. Usually, Kennedy runs away from family time when it comes to her parents because she doesn't have that good of a relationship with them anymore.

I was lucky to stay Oakley free the entire day, I hope that he wants a break from me just like I want one from him. I can't see how he just wants to be around me all day, every day but some people are like that. Maybe Oakley has been looking for me for a long time and now that he has found me, he's afraid of losing me.

I was lounging on the couch watching a movie when Kennedy stepped downstairs. She was wearing white skinny jeans with black two-strap heels to match her long, black sleeve crop top, it was form-fitting and covered her chest up to her neck.

I popped up in surprise. "Where the hell are you going?" I requested, watching her walk to the door.

Please, tell me that she is not going out with Nick.

But she just smiled and opened the door, she didn't even answer me. However, it all made sense when the front door swung open to reveal Paisley.

"Surprise!" She cheered, jumping up and down in her diamond-studded heels. She too, was dressed for a night out. Paise wore a pair of light washed skinny jeans with a white belt, a white form-fitting top that was tucked into her pants, and a black blazer.

She looked so cute.

I gasped and squealed like a little girl as I hopped from the couch and ran to my best friend. "Paise, I missed you so much!"

I wanted to cry I was so happy. I haven't seen her in a while and life has been hard since she has been gone. Paisley was always the most mature one out of the three of us, she is our words of wisdom, our shoulder to cry on, and our life coach. She always knows what to say in a tough situation.

Plus, she was the only one of us that didn't get pregnant in high school.

She went on to college just like I knew she would, and she is excelling in everything. I bet, one day she'll own a fortune 500 company and make all of us extremely rich by giving us jobs.

"I missed you, too!" She hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. She has always been taller than me, but the last year of high school she shot up a lot. She was even taller with her heels on. "It was so hard to keep my visit a secret."

I smiled up at her as we separated, I pulled her into the house, Kennedy closed and locked the door.

There was so much squealing and screaming going on, I'm surprised Kyson didn't come down from the boys' room. He's been up there with them for about an hour, just playing. He wished to bond with the boys alone, and I didn't mind. I got to chill and watch TV in peace.

"I know I've been dying to tell you." Kennedy sighed, mocking exhaustion as she flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. "Paise wanted to surprise you because she knows that you have been having a hard time lately."

I pouted, feeling emotional. "You guys accomplished the greatest surprise ever." My pout quickly turned into a smile as I checked both of them out. "You guys look hot. Where are we going?" I demanded, hopeful.

Please, say the club...

"To the club!" Paise beamed. "And I already spoke to Carter, he agreed to watch the boys. I even got Lyle to agree to be our DD." She wagged her eyebrows. "He's outside waiting, so hurry up and get dressed."

She smacked my butt as I headed upstairs to get dressed. "Yes, ma'am!"

Like Paise and Kenn, I didn't want to wear a dress or shirt. I'd rather be warm and sexy. It's freezing outside.

I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, a long, red sleeve form-fitting shirt, and my red heels with black bottoms. For additional warmth, I grabbed my white leather jacket.

Flat ironing my hair first, I rushed so it wasn't as good as it could have been. I applied my makeup second, I took more time with that because I was doing a dark smoky eye look and I didn't want to mess up and look like a raccoon. Lastly, I dressed, and as soon as I was done, Kyson stepped in with a wide smirk, checking me out.

I rolled my eyes at him, he's so confusing. One moment he's checking me out, and the next he's telling me that we should just co-parent.

I can't keep the hell up.

"Damn, angel." He leaned against the doorframe. "You look gorgeous. Do I need to go to this club to make sure that no guy dares to touch you?" Kyson chuckled.

I shook my head wordlessly before speaking. "Ky, stop looking at me like that."

He looked like he wants to eat me. "Like what?" He mimicked innocence. "You can't take a compliment?"

I strolled passed him, rolling my eyes as I decided not to play his games.

"Oh, okay." I grabbed my black wallet purse, it's small and holds everything I need for tonight. "Just checking."

Hand lotion, money, phone, keys, and lipstick.

"Good because we are just co-parenting." He reiterated.

I bowed my head in agreement. "We are."

I left Kyson in my room as I headed downstairs to join the girls, they were waiting for me on the couch. They pooped up with excitement as I approached them, they also had shots in the hands.

"Shots!" Paisley smirked.

They both had three each, which meant that we would all get two.

Fuck.

The start of drinking sucks, I loathe it, getting to the point where you can no longer feel it is what I'm aiming for.

I pray it comes fast because tonight is going to be a riot.

I took the shots, one from each of them before smelling it to see if I could figure out the type of liquor. "Tequila." I gasped.

"Babe, yes." Kennedy smirked, it was mischievous. She knows that tequila fucks us up and turns us out. I'm either getting ready to blackout or have the time of my life, those are the two toss-ups with tequila.

Maybe I should take Kyson up on his security offer.

We downed the shots at the same time, toasting each one to a girls' night out.

Heading out, I locked up. And as Paise promised, Lyle was waiting in the car for us. He drove us to a club called Vacant and promised to pick us back up when we are ready. I didn't know anything about the plans, but I trust them.

And since I knew nothing about the plans, it was a game of follower the leader for me.

There was a long line heading into the club and I was preparing myself to stand in it, but that wasn't the case as Kennedy pulled us to the front and into the VIP line which only had three people in it.

"Name?" The bouncer queried as we got to the front. He was a large guy, with a huge head and big hands. He looked terrifyingly strong, strong enough to lift Kenn, me, and Paise at the same time. He wore an all-black suit and a pricey gold watch.

His name tag read; Tank.

It fits.

"Party under Carter Blackstone." Kennedy reported to Tank.

Tank explored the clipboard he had in his hands as he flipped to the next page with a thumbs up. He used the earpiece he had in his one ear as he held a button to speak into it, releasing it when he stopped.

"Blackstone's party is here." He listened on the other end before pressing the button and speaking again. "Copy." Stepping aside, he unhooked the rope hindering us and let us strut through. "Enjoy, ladies."

Kyson is the reason we are in VIP, Kennedy must have set this up.

Tank didn't ask for our ideas.

"Yaaaasss." Paisley moaned in excitement. "It's been so long since I've been out with my girls. Prepare to get drunk, bitches!"

Kennedy and I squealed along with Paisley.

Taking a deep breath, I followed my best friends through the hallway and into the club. The techno music's volume grew louder and louder with each step. I was both excited and nervous at the same time. It's been a while since I've been out, and I may not like it.

I hope I do.

As soon as we made it to the entrance to the main club area, we were stopped by another man in the same black suit as Tank. He also had an earpiece in, minus the clipboard.

"Follow me." He instructed.

I could now start to feel the consumed earlier. It wasn't heavy but it was enough to make me feel slightly bubbly.

The man in the black suit leads us to a section close to the DJ booth. I was surprised to see that our area was so big, we definitely had room for way more people.

"The royal treatment." Kennedy smirked, checking out our space. "Thank you, Baby Daddy Blackstone."

"Yes, he is in charge of all club outings." Paise agreed with Kennedy.

We sat down on the velvety red couch and removed our jackets to get comfortable. And as soon as we did, three women dressed in next to nothing brought us bottles. One had Grey Goose Vodka in an ice tub, another had two glass bottles that looked like pineapple and cranberry juice, and the third girl had the glasses and thin black straws.

Paisley and Kennedy order the same drink; pineapple vodka.

I wanted a Red Bull vodka, but what I wanted was behind the bar. So, they all left, leaving the bottles and everything, one of them came back to hand me a drink.

My drink.

I need the energy and the buzz.

"It feels so fucking good to get out." Kennedy called to us over the music.

Paise nodded in agreement. "Tell me about it! College is stressful, I'm close to dying."

I laughed at her. "Shut up! I'm sure you have it easier than both of us. Kennedy and I need a village to raise our kids."

"Or just the dad." Kennedy called, sipping her drink and eyeing Paisley.

Paisley gave me a look. "Speak of daddies— how's Carter?"

I can't believe we were yelling this conversation over this loud ass music. I just want to dance and get drunk.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them before silently getting up, sipping my drink, and dancing to the music. I giggled as they looked at me like I was crazy before joining me.

They should know that I don't want to talk about guys. We are here to have a great girls' night out.

We kept pouring drinks after drinks, before I knew it, I couldn't feel my feet. First, they were mildly aching in my heels, and then nothing. It was great.

Kennedy and Paisley were farther gone than me.

We danced, laughed, and took multiple pictures together for hours. When I checked my phone, it was almost 4 AM and I had several texts from Kyson and Lyle asking me if we were ready to go.

I was starting to sober up some so leaving in the next half hour doesn't sound like a bad idea.

"Kenn, I love you, girl." Paise slurred, hugging Kenn around the waist as she rested her head on her shoulder.

She was drunk and tired.

"Aww, I love you too, Paise." Kennedy replied, sloppily rubbing Paise's head.

I giggled, waving my hand around. "We got a couple of lesbians over here."

Grabbing the three mini water bottles in the ice tub, I passed them out to my best friends while keeping one for myself.

"Drink up, bitches." I slurred.

The room was definitely blurring and spinning still, but it was less than it earlier. I know that I won't get completely sober, however, I'll be sober enough to pretty much, walk straight.

Hopefully.

Lyle is on his way.

Kyson texted me back.

"Lyle's coming." I hollered to them.

They lounged on the couch, sipping their water, I joined them. We just sat back and waited patiently for our ride.

Fifteen minutes later, I got a text from Lyle telling me that he is outside. Helping Kennedy and Paisley put in the jackets and purses, I put mine on.

We staggered towards the exit with a little bit of help from the bouncers. And just as we walked out of the main club area, I saw him from the corner of my eye. It was just for a split second, so I wasn't even sure if I saw who I saw.

Ivan.

How does he even know where I would be?

Did he see me?

Does he know that I was here?

My non-sober body wouldn't exactly let me react to possibly, it that was really him, seeing Ivan.

So, I remained a bit numb to it.

Although, I couldn't break the chill that continued running through my body. It was a cold and heavy chill that made all my hair stand up on my skin.

Lyle loaded us in his car and drove us back home.

Paisley didn't stay, she left with Lyle. She's staying with him for the two days she is here. Maybe I can talk her into a slumber party tomorrow.

Just the girls, kid and male free.

Maybe invite Lanie and Davina, it'll be fun.

"You're next." Ky walked into my room. He had just come back from putting Kennedy to bed.

I snickered, shaking my head like a little kid. "You're next." I mocked him just as he came towards me. I would have run, but I didn't want to get up from my bed. I was almost asleep until he walked in.

"Come here." He demanded, talking of my purse, jacket, and shoes.

Putting everything away, he searched my dresser drawers before tossing a pair of shorts and a tank top at me.

Instead of having me undress myself, he did it for me, starting with my jeans. I stretch my arms above my head in contentment.

But I wonder how he put Kenn to bed.

Did he undress her too?

"Is this what you did for Kenn?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He just shrugged, pulling off my jeans and tossing them. "She did it herself." Ky informed, making a face at me. "But you are being difficult."

I rolled my eyes as he sat me up.

Raising my arms, he pulled my shirt from over my head.

"I'm not difficult." I slurred, heavily.

I'm sure sleep mixed with alcohol was the issue with that.

"You are." He smirked, chuckling. "It's okay, I like the challenge.

He unhooked my bra.

I gasped, slapping my hands over my chest, he scoffed. "I've already seen them."

Kyson rolled his eyes.

"So, we aren't together, you don't get to see them anymore." I commanded as he placed my shirt over my head. Using one arm at a time, I slid them into the sleeves. I kept one arm across my chest until my shirt came down.

It was one of his old shirts.

"I saw them when we weren't together too, remember?" He spoke in a light tone. "Once in my couch and once in your bathroom." He chuckled, pulling the covers back on my bed.

Oh, yeah.

"Well, no more." I slurred, sloppily plopping back on my bed. "You broke my heart." I pouted.

Ugh, here I go.

Word vomit.

When you're drunk you know what you're saying, and you don't want to say it, but you can't stop talking.

Kyson stopped and turned to me. "I broke your heart?" He scoffed again. "You had sex with Declan—who, by the way, I haven't fired." He smiled, but it was condescending. "For you."

I scoffed, waving my arms around. "Fire him, I don't fucking care." I didn't mean that. I don't want Declan to lose his job. "I advised you that I didn't want to be with him, I was waiting for you to get out of your breakup funk."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You were telling the truth..."

"Uh, yeah. Asshole." I slurred the word asshole, so bad that it sounded like an entire sentence. "You found me out. You know that I was still in love with you almost as soon as you got here. Why would I pick Declan over you?"

Why can't I stop talking?

Ky was listening, and how I know was because he was standing so still, just looking at me. But a few seconds later, I could tell that he was done listening because he looked away and changed the subject completely.

"Scarlett, get your ass in the bed." Kyson didn't want to hear any more of my shit. "You talk a lot when you're drunk."

"Stay with me." I whined, getting under the covers.

I grabbed his wrist as he was about to walk out.

He groaned, quietly. His expression was pained as he debated with himself, staring at my hand on his arm. "No, I can't. I'll go sleep with the boys."

"Fine." I pouted, dropping his hand and turning away, I laid my head on the pillow. The move caused my stomach to turn as I moved too fast.

Ugh, alcohol.

Kyson sighed. "Goodnight."

Turning off my lights, he left the room. I'm guessing he left my door cracked because I didn't hear him close it.

I laid there for a few minutes, alone. My thoughts were running wild, but I tried not to entertain them because I didn't want to feel worse than what I feel now.

I don't understand why Kyson doesn't want to entertain the thought of being with me now. It was him who initiated our hookups and he was the one who admitted that he wants me to himself.

Now, everything is different.

He won't touch me.

He doesn't even want to be with me anymore.

We are to just co-parent now. I always thought that Kyson and I would end up together.

Kyson.

Me.

And our boys.

But I guess not.

*****

Hope you guys are still hanging in there!

I'm trying to continue this story until the end! It has been going on for TOO LONG!

Stay tuned, the next chapter will be up soon!

Please share, like, & comment!

Stay safe ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 55.1K 31
[HIGHEST RANKING #1 IN FALLINGINLOVE] It wasn't ever supposed to happen like it did. It wasn't supposed to happen at all... Katarina Rhodes was just...
5.6K 437 21
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...