Midnight Musician

By XxPumpkinBuns_

When Izuku Midoriya gets tired of people crying themselves to sleep, he devised a plan to rid the world of th... More

Origin
Musings (Part 1)
Musings (Part 2)
Mishap
Confrontation
Meetings (Part 1)
Meetings (Part 2)
U.A Entrance Exam (Part 1)
U.A Entrance Exam (Part 2)
Author's Note

Lover of Chaos

1.2K 68 55
By XxPumpkinBuns_

Contrary to his vigilante persona, Izuku wasn't all chaotic and cheeky like he made himself to be. Okay that was lie, but Izuku's chaos was more organised and planned out than the spontaneous games his vigilante persona played.

Izuku wasn't all chaos and cheek. His love for chaos was more buried whenever he was in his civilian persona. He rarely showed a need for it and projected a more calming aura whenever he was around others.

He was the last person that would be suspected, besides Kacchan (he always seems to figure him out), for a prank done on somebody. The pranks were usually harmless though so no one had any need to worry.

But Izuku wasn't all fun and games. He was serious and collected whenever he was faced with real danger. He was always serious underneath the fun and happy mask he put on.

He had to be.

Some would say it's because he's a vigilante and he had to watch his movements to prevent capture. While they are correct, it isn't the entire truth.

In the real world, it wasn't all rainbow and unicorns as much as people liked it to be. In truth, it was a dark and cold place that lived by the rule of 'Survival of the fittest'. Those who failed to adapt would not last one day. And those who did, lived like apex predators. That was the world he grew up in.

One small misstep and everything you carefully build up would crumble and fall. And along with it, you would too.

Izuku was ashamed to say he believed that everything was alright. That was before he got his quirk. He was initially extremely happy and like many others, hopeful to be a great hero.

That changed when he saw the hidden truth.

His quirk was simple despite being a rare mutation that differed from his parents.

The melody manipulated someone's emotions despite what they wanted to think otherwise. Singing manipulated their actions and essentially forced them to be his puppet as long as they listened to him.

Instruments amplified the effect and how good you are at singing originally affects the outcome.

With this little tidbit of information, Izuku trained. He trained and trained. His body improved and it let him become a rat that roamed at night. His singing abilities increased drastically and it opened up more uses for his quirk.

Of course, alongside the quirk, its side effects increased significantly.

What started out as a simple emotion sensing aspect changed into something more authentic. More identifiable. And Izuku was not prepared for it.

He would get overwhelmed whenever the noise and tears got deafening and cried himself to sleep every night. Izuku soon came to the realisation that those were real human emotions that others were feeling and all his doubts and naivety burned away.

And from those ashes, determination filled its place.

That was the start of Midnight Musician, a vigilante who never engaged in battle but a vigilante all the same.

Izuku may have debuted when he was 12 but the plans were already set in motion when he was 8.

He researched and scoured the internet for information. He learned to hack and became a parasite that fed on data. Izuku found dark secrets and learned the identity of everyone who even set a foot on the internet. He dug deeper and implanted himself into a web of knowledge not even the greatest cryptic in the world knew.

No secrets were hidden from him and every skeleton that ever existed was pushed out of the closet they resided in. Izuku learned until his eyes burned and his head pounded. He learnt until he reached the end and there was simply no information left.

By then he was 10.

2 years left.

By then he could have already debuted. He was ready. His mind was sharpened and hones, his instincts were developed and his body was able to take on any dangers he could encounter to give time for escape. Izuku even had his costume ready.

But he didn't.

Izuku was simply too young. He was ready but he wasn't prepared to throw himself into the world and face anything it would throw at him. Izuku might have grown up earlier than the rest of his peers but until then, he and the rest of those suffering would have to wait.

He was smart. Izuku had to be. He knew he wasn't ready to find a hypothetical dead body somewhere or watch bloodshed happen in front of his eyes. So Izuku waited.

Until then, he continued his training and information gathering until he was ready. He sent any and all information to the police under a name simply known as 'Anonymous'. That could be considered vigilantism and he would probably get arrested for it but that name was more associated with an informant. He didn't think the police and heroes would want to lose a reliable source.

He was bored to say the least. 2 years wasn't long but it was boring all the same.

Then he found it.

He found it and his heart twinged with an unnamed emotion, his eyes sparkled with an unknown fire and his fingers twitched with unnoticed desire. That day the world trembled and his love for chaos pulsed.

It was purely on coincidence and accidental but it was the best mistake Izuku ever made.

That day, Izuku and Nezu met.

And the got along like a house on fire, much to the chagrin and absolute doom of the world.

They had met while Izuku was practicing his hacking skills and stumbled upon an account on a chess game. They were playing multiple games at once and they were winning. Izuku was intrigued.

It wasn't often he met someone who could multitask efficiently.

He sat and watched them play. When he decided he was sufficiently entertained, Izuku's finger slipped and sent them a request.

They actually accepted and Izuku was dragged into a game of chess with them.

He thought it would be rude if he just left and disregarded a good opportunity for amusement. So he played along.

Izuku thought it would be a fast game with one of them dominating the other. But that wasn't the case. Izuku got more and more engrossed in it and found himself accidentally giving it his all.

He analysed and calculated and moved two steps ahead of his opponent. But they always counteracted it. He weaved a trap and it was broken, he cornered them and they slipped from his fingers. Izuku was filled with unimaginable joy.

He didn't notice how his opponent stopped their other games and concentrated on his game specifically.

It soon ended in a tie after a two hour long game.

It was anticlimactic but Izuku had never been more restless before. His heart pounded with exhilaration and his shoulders trembled with excitement. Izuku had never been in a moment when he felt like this.

It felt right in a way.

(Somewhere at a prestigious school, a furry chimaera thought the same and cackled with glee.)

Izuku got invited to another game and who was he to decline?

Most of their games ended in ties but the elation and adrenaline he got from them had him wanting more.

They moved from chess to other games like poker and checkers. Then they went to other games that specialised in analysis and deceit. All had the same effect but Izuku wanted more.

He didn't know what he wanted but he had a need to collapse the world and drag its ruins around.

N, as they were called, and him never hacked or asked for each other's identity. Even if they had a slight inkling, that was a game on their own. They were never suppose to know each other's identity and to say a code between them if they ever met each other in real life.

N was one secret that Izuku kept from kacchan.

He kept another when he debuted as Midnight Musician.

Izuku had a feeling that Kacchan already knew who the vigilante was. His guesses, much to his absolute fear, were confirmed a week after his faithful capture. He was pretty sure his life flashed before his eyes when he saw Kacchan standing in the middle of his room looking like an absolute demon from hell.

But he never really regretted being a vigilante.

At first, it was to alleviate the pain that victims suffered everyday. Then it delved into something more. He still helped people. That was his goal after all. But part of him still wished, that maybe he could be a little bit selfish.

He was human so a little selfish he was.

Only then did his need for destruction satiated. He got a lot of joy when he saw abusers and bullies escorted out of their homes or alleys after directing heroes to them. Something about seeing what they deserved getting served to them eased the growing spark of chaos in him.

Izuku was chaotic in his own way. He like organised chaos when in his civilian persona and spontaneous games in his vigilante persona.

It didn't really matter what chaos it was, Izuku thrived on it all the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

967K 59.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
101K 12K 19
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
179K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
641K 23.4K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...