Jaune - Prince of Arcadia -

By NeonHunter2

Jaune, Prince of Arcadia, is forced from his Kingdom for his own safety after a grave incident takes place. D... More

Vol 1 Ch 2: Strange Dream.

Vol 1 Ch 1: Arcadia

1K 19 7
By NeonHunter2

The Great War. What a terrible name for such a horrible time in history. Though the war itself lasted around ten years, the century leading up to it was filled with so much tension, you might as well lump them together. And most of that tension was coming from Mistral.

Territories rich with resources and safe from Grimm have always been in high demand. But the emperor of Mistral had managed to conquer nearly all that had to offer, thanks in part to an unlikely friend, Mantle.

The two Kingdoms had allied. Mistral provided the tiny Kingdom with goods unavailable in the tundra. In return, Mantle introduced technological innovation, as well as guidance in settlement of Anima's cold northern territory. It was good until it wasn't.

An incident in Mantle led to a strange and unexpected decree - the abolishment of the arts and the repression of self-expression. The people of Mantle had come to believe that they would be much safer from the Grimm if they could keep the masses' emotions in check. Given Mistral's artistic solid culture, many assumed this would be the end of their alliance. But they were wrong.

Mistral complied... selectively, enforcing Mantle's wishes only in the outer territories, allowing the central powers to continue to live as they pleased if you haven't caught on yet, Mistral's full of jerks.

The people of Vale had a problem with this. Well, they had a problem with many things Mistral and Mantle had been up to - treatment of their citizens, use of slave labor, and their constant insistence that their way of life was what was best for everyone.

Eventually, Mistral made the jump across the sea to the eastern coast of Sanus. The small islands and peninsulas in the area were perfect for establishing a settlement. They were so perfect that Vale had just begun settling the place themselves. I think we can all guess what happened next.

He did everything he could to avoid armed conflict. Despite cries from his people, he insisted on sharing the land with the settlers from Mistral. But... (sigh) To this day, no one knows who shot first, but what began as a riot between two bands of settlers... would suddenly become the first battle of the Great War. Mantle quickly came to Mistral's side. Battles were fought on both Sanus and Anima soil. Villages were lost to both combat and Grimm. And it wasn't long before they decided to join the party.

Up to this point, Vacuo and Arcadia had done their best to stay out of the fight as Mantle and Mistral, having both already established a small presence in both territories years before, promised to leave them alone.

Provided they didn't interfere. Soon, those talks evolved. It went from "Don't side with them" to "Side with us, and you'll be safe." Vacuo and Arcadia did not much care for that, and they concluded that if Vale were to fall, there'd be no one left to stop Mistral and Mantle from conquering the next. So they did what they considered to be the logical thing. They drove Mantle and Mistral out of their lands and told Vale they had their backs. (chuckles) I love their style.

So the war raged on. Grimm attacks increased worldwide. On the battlefield, this meant a temporary ceasefire to deal with the monsters before returning to the fight at hand. Those left miserable back at home, however, were often helpless, with their best warriors away fighting the "good" war. A lot of settlements were lost during these years, and most were never reclaimed. Rations on food were put into effect, development of technology accelerated, Humans and Faunus who fought alongside one another became closer, and every day, humanity grew more and more efficient at destroying itself.

But it all ended in the Vacuo campaign. Mistral and Mantle knew that if they could take the Dust mines of Vacuo and Arcadia, they would effectively cut off the supply of Dust to their enemy. It was to be a final devastating blow to Vale, Arcadia, and Vacuo. They were only half right. The King of Vale and The King of Arcadia personally led their army into battle alongside the soldiers of Vacuo and decimated the enemy forces. The crown atop their heads with the King of Vale armed only with a sword and his scepter while The King of Arcadia armed with a sword and a shield, they laid waste to countless men.

As the sand was soaked red with blood, the Grimm came in droves. It was the single deadliest battle of the war, and legends of the greatness and terror of the Warrior and Hero king were born that day. Historians will tell you that most of these stories are nothing but grandiose hyperbole. Unusually violent weather conditions, combined with Mantle's unfamiliarity with desert combat, are likely what led to such a high death count. But whatever the reasoning, everyone bowed to the King of Vale and Arcadia by the time it was over. The Great War had ended. The world was ready to live under the rule of Vale and Arcadia. But Both refused.

The leaders of the five Kingdoms met on the island of Vital, and it was there that they worked together to form a treaty and establish the future of Remnant. Territories were redistributed, slavery was abolished, governments were restructured, and the Warrior King, the last king Vale would ever have, founded the Huntsmans Academy and placed his most trusted followers in command of each Kingdom's school. In contrast, The hero King founded his own Academy at Arcadia. They would teach the world to fight, so long as we promised to fight for ourselves and never against ourselves.

But the Hero King had different plans; he decided to ask the four kingdoms a favor. To hide his Kingdom away from Remnant, entirely of the map. It was hard at first for the Four to decide, but they agreed to help him. As long he promised to let still them and others who are trusted go to Arcadia, then he agreed.

After the Treaty. The Hero King returned to Arcadia to hide the Kingdom at plain sight. And how, you may ask? Well, let's say that the King has something up his sleeve. A little secret that he didn't tell to the Other kingdoms, a little something that's called Magic. he used Magic and with the help of Aura to amplify it. He hid the whole Continent away from plain sight, nowhere to be seen.

And till this day. The Kingdom of Arcadia was lost to the annals of history after the events of the Great War. All who still remember its existence believe it to be destroyed, save for a select few. Its only legacy today is that of a simple fairy tale for the newer generations of Remnant. All were remaining unaware of its shadowy existence as it continues to grow, and when the time comes where Arcadia will be opened for Remmnat to see.

_____________________________________________

A map of Remnant shows the five kingdoms. in the middle of the map is Vale, and in the west is Vacou, and Mistral is located in the east while Mantle is located in the north, and lastly, in the south, Arcadia was shown as the Continent was fogged over by clouds as if it was never there.

In Remnant. they were told not to go to the south where the clouds are located. It was said that intense storms and giant Grimm leviathans roam the area, making it impossible for transportation and fishing for those who come near it.

But little do they know about the truth of what lies beyond that storm.

_______________________________________________

" come on; we're going to be late!" A voice of a boy echoed through the vast corridor.

" I know. Just wait up a bit; I am falling behind!" A voice of a girl echoed from behind as well.

The two tiny silhouettes zoom through the halls, their footsteps echoing from each step their
take as the two continue to their destination.

As the two continue, up ahead was a female Faunus who had her hair tied to a bun and was walking down the vast corridor carrying a tray of some sort.

As she was walking, minding her business. The two blur zooms past her making her lose her balance. She managed to stay on her feet while not dropping the tray in hand.

She signed, " watch where your going next time." with a kind voice as in the distance, the two stopped in their tracks as they called out.

" Sorry." The two turned back as the two continued as their footsteps echoed through the halls. The Faunus smiled as she continued her business and continued walking.

_________________________________________________

" where are those two? where going to be late." A young man was seen standing with his arm crossed, Irritated.

The young man was pale and had white hair with light blue eyes, a pair of white wolf ears, and a tail.

His attire consists of a white dress shirt, royal blue vest, and tie, including a white suit and gloves with a soft blue accent and white slacks and shoes.

" Now, now, let's not be hasty also that is not the attitude that an Ace should act and especially you Master Alexander," A voice behind the young man called out. The young man signed, bringing his palm to his face.

." Please don't lecture me, Benson." The young man known as Alexander Ace said as the man behind, known as Benson, chuckles.

" If I want to, I will," Benson said, making Alexander groan. " and besides, it's not the little one's fault that their late despise the Ace household is four times bigger than the other nobles' houses in the region.

" Fine, you win," Alexander admits defeat as Benson chuckles.

The two stood there as the doors of the Ace household opens getting the attention of Benson while Alexander didn't notice it.

" Well, speak of the moons," Benson said as he laid eyes on two bundles of joy coming out of the doors.

This caught Alexander's attention as he soon looked to see two tiny figures coming in their direction.

" Benson!" one of the tiny figures called out, waving their hand as they grew closer to them. As they got close, Benson smiled as he greeted the two little figures.

" Young master Jaune, good to have you back," Benson said

The boy had Blond hair and sapphire eyes. His attire consists of a Black hoodie with a bunny logo in the middle: some orange knee socks and sneakers.

" Same here." The boy, known as Jaune Arc, said as the other figure who ran up beside him.

" Hello, Benson." the other figure said, getting the attention of Benson.

" why hello, Young master Neone. How's your day with Young master Jaune?" Benson asked the little figure known as Neone Ace as she pointed her index fingers together.

" It was good. We had so much fun together!" Neone said.

The girl was pale and had white hair and light blue eyes with a pair of white wolf ears and a tail similar to Alexander's. Her attire consists of a white sundress and white sandals.

" that's good to know," Benson said as the three heard a loud cough to the side. They look to see Alexader holding his fist to his mouth as he lowered his fist and looked at them.

" Brother/ Big bro Alexander!" Jaune and Neone said as Alexader waved his hand towards them.

" We can talk later. For now, we need to get going." Alexander said as he walked up to the Carriage and went inside. Benson signed before turning back to Jaune and Neone.

" Now, children, let us go now," Benson said as he guided the two to the Carriage. Once aboard, Benson gave the Carriage driver the alright signal as the Carriage started to move on their way.

" So where are we heading, big brother?" Neone asked.

' well, to the palace, of course. to attend the ball." Alexander explained as Neone eyes widened as she forgot about the ball.

She looked down at her attire as she was not even dressed appropriately, but that was soon interrupted as Jaune placed a hand down onto hers.

Neone looks at Jaune, who has a smile on his face as he assures Neone that there will be some dresses that she can wear if they get to the palace.

This made Neone calm. She held Jaunes hand as she looked out of the window, admiring the view from outside as their on the road.

To Arcadia.

To Be Contuinued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 8.2K 84
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
187K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
726K 26.8K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
226K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...