Billionaire's hired wife

By popcornwriter1234

"You don't understand little rose bud... This wasn't supposed to happen!!" "What wasn't supposed to happen?"... More

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors note
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Quickkkkkk authors note!
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Quick Catch up!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note :)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28/ Important Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 27

1.1K 31 3
By popcornwriter1234

A/N: HEY TUNE IN DOWN BELOW FOR A QUICK AUTHORS NOTE THANKS! LOVE YOU ALL!

The next morning after walking Beyer I get changed into my previously chosen outfit (image above, I LOVE IT SO MUCHHH). (Loose beige suit pants with long ties around the waist with a lace spaghetti strap satin top tucked in and a white suit jacket on top. Beige stilettos and a beige purse).

 I let my hair down in my light brown waves and spray a bit of perfume before doing my normal routine of checking my purse for everything I need such as laptop, chapstick, wallet, car keys, gum, and files that need to be brought into work.

As I walk to the kitchen I see the clock reads 8:23 AM, I should be at work by 9. I sigh knowing that I was yet again going to miss my daily coffee run and I already knew, Mondays suck, 

I kiss Beyer and walk out to the big Subaru before jumping in and putting the address in for my phone. It's about a 15-minute drive and I park in front of the huge building before grabbing my purse and throwing it sideways across my body and opening the trunk.

I pull out the huge piece of artwork and haul it to the door. I stop in front of the security guards,

"Sorry, this is for Mr. Grey he left it at my house and I'm just returning it" I start. 

The guard gives it a once over and check it for anything dangerous. Yeah because I look like I'm carrying something dangerous. But who'd blame the person who was going to see Grey, I should have planned this better dang it!

I snap out of it when the guard instructs me to go to the desk. After a short, while it's settled and the bratty woman at the front desk will bring it up to Grey's office. As I turn around to walk out I hear my name being called.

Ms. Brown!

I turn around and the woman from the desk is following me to my car. 

"Yes?" I say cocking my head. 

"Sorry, would you like us to keep it? I was just informed that Mr. Grey left to go back to New York last night, so he won't be there to receive your gift, would you like to keep it until he returns?"

I shake my head and explain to her that she can just give it to him. She nods and I continue walking to my car. 

Flew back huh? 

Maybe he'd actually be gone this time. Who am I kidding, he'll never leave. He's Greyson Grey.

I pull up in front of my work building 23 minutes late and smile at the security as I walk in. As the elevator opens and I walk onto my floor repeatedly saying hi to me, my darling assistant Adam comes up to me. 

He gives me a once-over before looking like when a parent spends 20 hours teaching their kid 2+2 and they get their test back and they wrote -37. Like I disappointed him. 

"What Adam?" I ask in an irritated tone

"Nothing sweet pea..." He responds. I roll my eyes and walk into my office starting my day. Adam comes in every now and then giving me a look. Not a good one, but that's about it. 

Around 6 pm as I am packing my stuff into my bag to leave, Adam and a few coworkers drop by to ask if I want to go grab some dinner and I don't see myself having any other plans so I agree.

45 minutes later I find myself actually having a good time with a nice glass of white wine in my hand laughing at what Winnie one of our coworkers comments about our boss.

We all part ways around 8 pm and just as I am arriving home about to get out of my car I get a phone call from an unknown number.

I answer and my blood runs cold.

"Is there any way that I can get you here or if you have an emergency contact for him?" She asks

"I uh... I don't have his mothers phone number anymore I got a new one" 

"Alright, we'll figure it out tha-"

"Wait, I'll be there in a few hours I'll catch the next flight out," I say

"Thank you, ma'am! that would be wonderful! I'll put your name down" 

We sign off and you run into the house booking the next flight that leaves in 3 hours. You grab your purse and fill it with your passport, keys, wallet, phone, and anything else you need. You pack a small duffle bag with some sweats, a t-shirt, and any other essentials. 

Still in your work clothes and heels, you flag down a cab and get to the airport. Once you're checked in waiting for your flight to start boarding you call your friends and ask them to watch Beyer.

You still can't quite believe that you just jumped on a plane for a man you barely know. Once you arrive, you flag down a cab with your duffle bag and purse in hand and go straight to the hospital.

Once you get there you go to the front desk but before you can say anything a woman in blue scrubs walks out and notices you.

I must look an absolute mess. 

"Ms. Brown?"

"Andrea?" We ask at the same time. 

"Yes! Right this way ma'am, he just got out of surgery about 45 minutes ago and is placed in the ICU but you are able to see him for a bit" She says

I thank her repeatedly and follow after her, the sound of my beige heels clacking on the marble floors is the most prominent noise, covering up the sounds of hospital all around you. 

She lets you in the room and you see him. 

You stop in your tracks. 

"Car flipped, drunk truck driver driving an 18 wheeler decided to switch lanes, Mr. Grey didn't see him coming." Andrea states.

You cover your mouth as tears begin to flow. 

She leaves you alone and you grab his hand. You feel his hand wrap around yours and tighten. You start crying loudly,

You flag Andrea down and ask for his phone, you look for his mother's name and you dial her on your phone. 

"Hello?"

"Ms. Grey? Hi, it's  Nataza, I need to tell you something".

Within an hour, you hear heels clacking and sneakers hitting the floor, the head of blond hair bursts through the room wailing and crying. She notices me sitting there and I freeze.

How will she react... 

She lunges at me and wraps me in her arms tightly. I slowly defrost and hug her back.

"Sweetie, oh my god I was so worried about you. Greyson told me you had left and I had no clue what happened to you, OH my god. I am so happy you're okay" She says. 

I smile and see Mel in the corner. She smiles and hugs me and I return it. We fall into a light conversation before we hear Greyson groan. 

It's a bit of a frenzy before he asks everyone to leave. He can't speak very much, and I watch in pain as the nurse enters and exits the room walking up to us. She smiles and says that he wants me to return in a week so he can have dinner with me.

Now, normally I would say h*ll no. I ain't flying back and forth just cuz you want me to.  But given the circumstances, I decided what the heck, the man was in a car accident for god's sake.

Since apparently, he wasn't in the mood to talk, I told her that it was a plan and that was it. 

That's all that happened. 

A few short hours ago I didn't know if he was going to live, and now I'm going to have dinner. So much has happened, yet here I am leaving.

What the hell is going on with my life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

READERS?! YES YES YES IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS, BUT MY SCHOOL HAS ONE MORE WEEK AND THEN IT. IS. SUMMAH. TIME!!!!!!!!!! (I am going to be working on LOADS OF HOMEWORK over the summer) I AM SO EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO HANG ON WATTPAD SOOOOO MUCH MORE, I HAVE MY CHAPTERS PLANNED OUT AND I AM PUBLISHING AND EDITING.

I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL STILL ALIVE, WELL, AND LIVIN YOUR BEST LIFE ;)

STAY HOME
STAY SAFE.

MAKE. GOOD. DECISIONS. 

SEE YOU NEXT TIME! CHAPTER 28 HERE I COME!

MADSSSS <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
7K 168 24
I want the record to reflect that I didn't want this marriage. My husband is wealthy, which was a relief initially, but he is also friends with some...
91.3K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...