Record of Ragnarok: Human God...

By angle99999

The score is tied after 13 battles. The previous battle ended with both competitors dying simultaneously. Wha... More

Info
Prologue: A Final Match
Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 2: Buildup
Chapter 3: Final Fight Begins
Chapter 4: The Defective vs. The Immaculate
Ayanokouji vs Zeus Part 1: Zeus' Mighty Sword
Ayanokouji vs Zeus Part 2: Without a Vollund
Ayanokouji vs Zeus Part 3: A Loss of Hope
Ayanokouji vs Zeus Part 4: The Fight Heard Throughout the Cosmos
Epilogue

Chapter 5: 'Victory' for Humanity

8.7K 311 173
By angle99999

As the whole stadium saw, Eros was finally dead. He had been reduced to simple ashes, a long shot from his original divine body. Ayanokouji stood there as he bent down and looked at the decayed body of Eros. He didn't even cheer or celebrate his victory. He simply stood there until the announcer proclaimed him to be the winner.  

Ares was weeping on the ground as he couldn't hold his tears. On the side of the gods, there was not a single soul that didn't shed a tear. Aphrodite, as composed as she was, destroyed the seat she sat from and was ready to get up to the platform and rip Ayanokouji's head clean off.

However, as the gods were becoming restless, it was Brunhilde who showed her emotions for everyone to see. 

Brunhilde: MY GOD, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!! WHAT A FUCKING, DOMINANT SHOWING!

Professor Ayanokouji simply nodded at her reaction.  She couldn't hold her excitement as she balled out on the ground to the horror of the rest of the Gods.

However, Humanity responded to her screams of victory with their own as they screamed out Ayanokouji' name for all to hear. What was once doubt in their choice was replaced with the relief that Humanity was saved.   

Class D and the rest of Ayanokouji's classmates, however, were horrified of the sudden victory. However, there were a few of them who were relieved to see Ayanokouji victorious, that being Kei, Sayanakagi, Ichinose, Shiina, Sakura, and most especially Ryuen. 

Ryuen: KUKUKUKUKU! I told you fucks that he'd do it! That monster does the impossible! Now he made me fucking rich!

Ichinose warmly smiled as Kei was clutching her hands in relief as she sat down normally. She finally knew it was over. Kei stared at Ayanokouji, her boyfriend, who was simply standing there with an emotionless face.

Kei thought about what would happen when they return home. What will their classmates say about Ayanokouji? What will happen to the both of them. She had already planned to tell others of their relationship in order to keep him away from the claws of other girls, but now she would have to wait since the time wasn't right. 

Kei: MOU!

Ayanokouji POV

The fight was quick and simple. I had not sustained a single fatal blow, which was lucky. It was troublesome for my classmates to know about my abilities, but no matter. After I finish this tournament, I have no intention of returning to that school. I plan to live my life out in peace at a different school. 

As I contemplated my future, I realized something when I saw Zeus up there. He, no surprise, wasn't smiling. However, it almost seems like he was waiting for something. He looked down at me and just continued to stare, as if he wanted to rip through my entire body with that glare. 

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Goll then started to talk to me. 

(Goll): Ayanokouji, we did it!

Me: We did. Good work. 

(Goll): How can you say that, Ayanokouji? You're the one who carried us! I was holding you back!

Me: Well it's true, that weapon durability is certainly not your strong suit, you did make the specific ones I needed at the right moment, so I thank you. 

(Goll): Um, so can we separate now? I mean, we already won right? Besides, I think I'm about to pass out.  

Me: No

Goll was confused.

(Goll): Why? The fight's over! 

Me: Your correct about that. But it seems that there's more in store for both of us. Stay cautious. 

As I waited for their cheers to die down, the announcer concluded the match. 

Announcer: And with that, Humanity has taken the final match of Ragnarok in one of the most one-sided bouts in the history of the tournament, meaning that the victor of Ragnarok is..... HUMA-

3rd Person

As he was about to finish, Ares, Aphrodite, and the almighty Zeus came down into the middle of the arena, each with their own auras and pressure being exerted. So much so that the announcer almost died of a heart attack as he fainted on the ground. 

 Ares: As if we'll let this tournament end like this. 

Aphrodite: You had this one coming. 

The stadium was completely dumbfounded and shocked as silence came through it once again. Brunhilde was completely shocked as she stopped laughing. She leapt off the stadium as she ran towards Ayanokouji. 

Zeus transformed into his muscular form as he grew some feet in height as he looked down at Ayanokouji, the killer of his grandchild.

Zeus: You really kicked his ass didn't you?

Brunhilde arrived and tried to get in front of Ayanokouji but he shoved her back, to her shock. 

Me: And what of it?

Ares budded in along with Aphrodite. 

Ares: He was my son, you mortal! I'll kill you where you stand! Humanity might be saved, but that doesn't mean you'll be spared.  

Aphrodite: You will be killed by my hand, kid!

Zeus calmed them down. 

Zeus: Now, now. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Congratulations are in order, you won! However, you seemed to piss off the entire pantheon of gods all the way to the native gods. 

Ayanokouji:  As long as the end result is a win, why do you care? He might be family, but so was Adam and the rest of humanity, the man you killed. Humanity didn't curse out the gods and try to avenge his death when he was gone, so why should you. 

As they continued to talk Zeus looked Ayanokouji straight into the eyes as Ayanokouji met him right there with his own glare. There was not a single intake of air in this entire exchange. It was almost as if the entire stadium had held their breath for a swim in the pool. 

Brunhilde: That's enough. The fight has ended and you all lost. Stop being sore losers and let him off the stadium. He won his battle. 

Aphrodite: Zeus isn't talking to you so why don't you back off. 

Brunhilde gave her a death glare as she was ready to square off with her. 

 A fight was soon to break out as then Ares had went over and grabbed on Ayanokouji's shirt as he didn't even look at the crying mess that was Ares. 

Ares: Show something! Show me some eyes of admiration for your opponent! At least admit my son fought well!

But Ayanokouji never liked to sugarcoat much things. 

Ayanokouji: His technique was terrible, his attitude pompous and prideful, and his inner character cowardly. I have no words to give to such a being. 

Zeus: THEN WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT A BEING THAT's THE OPPOSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus reached his hand out which shocked Ares and Aphrodite to the point that they rushed off the arena and leapt back into the stands as Brunhilde remained behind Ayanokouji. 

A long greatsword came rushing towards Zeus as it hovered behind Brunhilde, preparing to hit both her and Ayanokouji. 

Humanity: LOOK OUT!!!!

Ayanokouji created a shotgun and changed the course of the sword's trajectory using a shell which rang in Brunhilde's ear. In an instant, Ayanokouji's shotgun broke and dissipated away. 

Zeus caught his sword as he put it on his shoulder and grinned. 

Zeus: Your reaction time is quite abnormal, mortal. 

Ayanokouji reached out his hand to Brunhilde as she took it and stood up.

Brunhilde: How can you possibly bring that blade out with all of these spectators present?!

Zeus: Oh come on, I'll be pretty careful.

Ayanokouji: What is that blade?

(Goll): Only the strongest weapon ever forged by Hephaestus before he passed away.

Ayanokouji: And what does it do?

(Goll): It channels the entire might of the skies to his neck and call. He didn't use it against Adam because he said he wanted to go barehanded. 

Ayanokouji: So in other words, he is more powerful now than when he previously fought Adam?

(Goll): YES!!!!!!!

Ayanokouji took account of this and proceeded to ask Zeus a question.    

Ayanokouji: So it seems you want to redeem Eros' death, correct?

???: Get off the stage!!!! We won already! We don't need sore losers!!!

Some humans were cheering Ayanokouji as well as dissing the mighty Zeus. 

Zeus: Ah, so just because we lost a little game, you all think your equal to gods. 

He smiled creepily towards the group of humans as they clammed up. 

Horikita, who was watching everything, knew something was wrong. 

Horikita: Ayanokouji won, but it doesn't seem like it's over. 

Ike: What are you talking about? He won right? That means we get to go home!

The majority of the school were facepalming at the stupidity of Ike. 

Back to the arena, Ayanokouji and Zeus kept looking at one another as they conversed about the events to come. 

Ayanokouji: I see what you're getting out, sir. 

Zeus: Yes. You see, ever since my fight with Adam, I wanted to find another human who could entertain me to that big of an extent. Although I let Odin deal with Leonidas, I don't plan on having anyone else feast on my mortal prey. 

Ayanokouji: But I won already. Why should I fight another match? I have nothing to gain. Humanity is already secured for at least another 1000 years so it will be someone else' problem by then. 

Zeus stabbed his sword into the ground as a large thud could be heard. 

Brunhilde: This goes against the rules, Old man!

Zeus: No it doesn't. Because the Ragnarok tournament is over. Just like our judge stated. 

Brunhilde: Then w-

Zeus: HOWEVER, I believe you all know I am Zeus, the god father of the entire cosmos. This means I can do what I want, now that I am the last healthy remaining member of the big three. Which means I can dictate the following!

The whole stadium was waiting in anticipation.

Zeus: One duel, my strongest against this man's strongest. Whoever prevails, becomes the ruler of the gods. 

Everyone: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus: However, in the event I win, each and every living and nonliving being in this stadium will perish. I will kill each and every single one of you. And there is no negotiation regarding this. 

(Goll): WHAT!

Brunhilde: You can't do that?!

Ayanokouji: OK. 

Ike: What the hell?!!!

Sudo: He just agreed like it was nothing. 

Horikita: Well that's just Ayanokouji for you. He's always been like that. 

Shinohara: What do you mean?

Horikita: He sees fighting Zeus as less trouble than if he refuses. 

Ryuen was laughing his ass off in the back as he couldn't believe himself. 

Ryuen: KUKUKU. Looks like my bet will need to be doubled after this. What's one more god to that monster!!!!!

Sayanakagi: It'll just be like Eros. 

The gods emotionally screamed out with tears as Ares and Aphrodite calmed down and took there respected seats as Zeus picked up his divine blade as it became riddled with electricity that was ready to strike at any time.

Ayanokouji: Brunhilde, clear the battlefield. 

Brunhilde was still reeling in the scene in front of her as Ayanokouji's father appeared behind Brunhilde and took her away as she accepted the outcome. 

Zeus smiled as he continued to flex his muscles in his small white tunic. 

Zeus: Ready for round two, kid?

Ayanokouji didn't answer as they both walked up to each other to meet the gaze of each other's dark sides, both intertwining and canceling each other out as it left no room for conversation. 

The Announcer had recuperated from his injuries and stood up. 

Announcer: I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, BUT I GUESS WE HAVE ANOTHER FIGHT!!!!!!! AYANOKOUJI FROM HUMANITY WHO COMPLETELY OWNED EROS WILL NOW FIGHT THE GOD FATHER OF THE COSMOS, ZEUS! WE COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER FIGHT! NO INTRODUCTIONS ARE NEEDED SO LET'S BEGIN!

However, both god and mortal didn't hear the Announcer speak just there. All they could do was sense the other's resolve and might as Zeus smiled even greater as Ayanokouji still kept his nonchalant face. They continued to move closer towards one another as the gods and humans grew somewhat anxious. When they were a mere foot from each other, they stopped as all they did was continue to stare, as if they were battling with mere glares. 

Ike: What's he doing? Why aren't they fighting?

???: It's obvious. Each of them are sizing up one another. 

Ike: Huh? Koenji? When did you decide to bud in? Didn't you want to sleep right through this?

Koenji stood up. 

Koenji: I was planning to tan up and possibly talk with those beauties over there but something fun is going to happen. 

Horikita now budded in. 

Horikita: But why didn't you watch Ayanokouji's fight then if you wanted to be entertained?

Koenji: Because the outcome was already decided before they even set foot up there. For a year of observing T-Rex kun, I've never seen him this motivated before. 

Ike: Well, duh, humanity is at risk!

Koenji: Idiot. It's for something else. He's fighting for something he values even more than the rest of creation. It's almost as if he yearns for something that has more value than his own life. 

People were getting lost from Koenji's rant so he sighed and laughed in his usual cackle.

Koenji: I wouldn't expect a bunch of inferiors to understand what someone like me preaches!

Sudo grabbed his shirt as he eyed him until Kei finally spoke up.      

Kei: Hey! We should pay attention here! If he loses, we're all dead!

But deep down, all she could think about was how Ayanokouji was going to get himself out of this hole once again...

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 759 20
The Gods of all Faith has voted that humanity is not worth giving them another thousand year so has decided to exterminate them. however the thirteen...
3.6K 70 12
The human race evolves more and more with each passing year, and also destroys itself, and the great gods wanted to put an end to this before they de...
1.1K 67 3
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji wakes up one day and gets thrown into a game. Well, that's not exactly it. He didn't get thrown into a different world or anything...
177 9 4
This fanfic is based on the manga 終末のワルキューレ (Record of Ragnarok). I do not own the manga or the characters in it. I only own the story and the self-c...