Angelfall (Skyfall #2)

By marcyswales17

"Oh what an adventure it would be to die..." More

Ch.1 Lover
Ch.2 Play Along
Ch. Baklava
Ch. 4 Undress
Ch.5 Green with Envy
Ch.6 The Human Brain
Ch. 7 Innocence
Ch.8 Onions
Ch.9 Sounds
Ch.10 Good Girls
Ch.11 Play the System
Ch.12 All things nice
Ch.13 Little Fairy
Ch. 14 Take me home
CH.15 Gifts
Ch.16 Be Nice!
Ch.17 A family Effort
Ch.18 Ruby Red
Ch.19 Trust in me
Ch.20 Leave a message
Ch.21 No cream, one sugar
Ch.22 Autura
Ch.23 Bees and Honey
Ch.24 Just a drop
Ch.25 The night changes
Ch.26 And there she was...
Ch.27 Puzzle Pieces
Ch. 29 Thunder
Ch.30 Vestal
Ch. 31 Clay Doll
Ch.32 Caveman
Ch. 33 Cry me a river
Ch.34 Introductions
Ch.35 Fresh start and flowers
Ch.36 Heart to heart
Ch. 37 Time out
Ch.38 Soul's Solace
Ch.39 Like it's your last day
Ch.40 Promises of Forever
Ch.41 Bath time
Epilogue

Ch.28 Strangers

5.7K 544 95
By marcyswales17

Chapter 28

"This is bullshit," Kiara said as she paced the floor of her hospital room. "Bring her back to me!"

"Let Kiara be here," Killian said. "With her voice."

"Lila is my daughter!" Kiara snapped. "You can't keep her away from me."

"Lila is Kiara's daughter," Killian reminded her. "And we are not going to let you near our daughter."

"You stupid idiot boy!" Kiara groaned. "Don't you see you're also keeping Lila from Kiara by not bringing her here? She's a newborn, she needs her mother!"

"Let Kiara go!"

"I hate you," Kiara narrowed her eyes and spit. "I hate all of you. I can't stand to breathe the same air as you rotting miserable souls. Do not underestimate me, Killian. I will see Lila and I will take her away from you forever if you leave no choice."

Killian let out a deep sigh as he hung his head. The machines in the room beeped as the pair stood across from each other, one boiling with anger and the other exhausted.

"You need to sit here and think," Killian said after a while. "I'm going to go check on Lila."

"I want to slit your throat."

"Okay," Killian nodded. "Stay here. Don't be crazy."

Kiara glared as Killian walked to the door and slipped out. She could have easily followed him, but she knew Tobias and that damn blonde witch had put up some spells to keep her locked up in the room. And it didn't help that the other Kiara was shoving with all her might from the back of her head.

Why did everything have to be so damn hard all the time?

When the anger began to boil over the pot, Kiara let out a scream and pushed her energy out through her palms. The glass sliding doors of the hospital room shattered, revealing the green forefield all around it.

The nurses and doctors all jumped and stilled as the shades fell and glass rained down. They stared at Kiara as she walked up to the boundary and stomped her feet.

"Killian!" She yelled. "Let me out!"

No response. The hospital staff continued to stare as Kiara glared at them with murder in her eyes.

"The longer you all stand here, the more time I have to memorize your faces," she said. "And once I have your picture in my head, I will make you all scream for mercy."

All eyes looked away. Life resumed and people began to scatter all over. Kiara remained behind her forcefield and continued to glare at whoever passed by. After some time, the cleaning crew came and cleaned up all the broken glass. Kiara wanted to send the shards of glass flying into their face, but she wasn't in the mood. Someone had caught her attention across the nurses station...

"That took a while," Nora frowned as she walked out of the examination room.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Dr. Banks said, following her out. "The images were a bit blurry so I had to keep trying."

Nora nodded slowly, adjusting the blue hat on her head, "Was that all? Or are we going to get a blood sample again today?"

"Sorry, love," Banks frowned. "It's standard procedure."

"But the autura is long gone," Nora said. "It's been months."

"Nora," Dr. Banks' frown deepened but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "We're not like them. Our bodies take a lot longer to heal. You've been hospitalized with serious injuries all within the span of a year. We need to keep checking to make sure everything is okay."

"Yes, I understand," Nora nodded. "Thanks."

"I'll see you at dinner tonight?" Banks smiled.

"Yeah," Nora cracked a small smile. "Lidia is cooking. God help us all."

"It'll be great," Banks laughed. "I'll make drinks."

As the two said their goodbyes and parted ways, Kiara locked her gold eyes on Banks. She watched the way he moved and the way his handsome face smiled at the nurses. There was something about the man that irked Kiara...

Darling, the magic called to Kiara. Are you still there?

Yes! Kiara glared. Still here!

Do you want to make a deal?

With you? Kiara asked. Never.

You know, Killian is pretty serious this time, the magic shook her head. He might never let us see Lila. Can you believe it? This ungrateful little idiot.

I would keep you away from Lila too if I was in his shoes.

So you're okay with never seeing your daughter? The magic swirled around all over Kiara's head. You're okay with never holding her....

Kiara didn't know what to say. Just thinking about never seeing Lila's sweet eyes made her want to drop to her knees. Her chest ached and her breathing labored.

I can take you away, Kiara, the magic threatened. I can make us do things that will seal Lila's fate with Killian forever. You will never see her.

What do you want? Kiara asked. Why are you doing this?

You've made me work very hard, The magic said through its teeth. Never did I have to deal with such a stubborn creature. But I always get my way. Just remember that.

You will never win.

And why not? The magic laughed. The horrific sound bounced all around Kiara's head. Who is going to stop us?

Kiara wanted to claw out of her own skin. Her ears burned from the metallic sound of the voice in her head as she tried to push her head above the surface and find some kind of a release for the toxic energy in her.

Just then, Killian began to come down the hall. His eyes fell on the shattered door and his face darkened.

Now, Kiara, the magic spoke again. Be good. If you mess this up, you will never see Lila.

Kiara didn't know what to say as she was pushed into her mind. She felt the tips of her finger begin to tingle and her knees buckle as she gained her footing.

"Kia?" Killian stopped at the door.

Kiara looked up and she knew exactly what he was seeing. The relief washed over Killian's face as he rushed into the room and pulled her into his arms. Kiara froze, her hands crushed against her chest and her head awkwardly tilted back as Killian buried his face in her shoulder.

The warmth that spread all over Kiara was a painful reminder of just how long it had been since they had held each other like that. She felt tears rise to her eyes as she tried to say his name but no sound came out. Killian's arms tightened around her as she buried her face in his chest and pushed her arms out to wrap it around his body.

After several long seconds, Killian pulled back and took Kiara's round face in between his large hands. His dark blue eyes bored into her gaze as he lowered his forehead to her and took in a deep breath. Kiara was surprised to see the tears that had gathered in the corner of his eyes.

"Are you feeling okay?" Killian asked, leaning back and opening his eyes. His voice was hoarse and his cheeks flushed.

Kiara nodded her head. She looked over his shoulder at the empty crib and then back at Killian.

"You want to see Lila?" Killian asked.

Kiara nodded once more.

"She's safe," Killian assured her. "She's with Posey."

Kiara grabbed Killian's hands and began to beg the best she could without her voice.

"I'll tell them to bring her here," Killian said.

Kiara shook her head and pointed to the forcefield. Killian followed her gaze and frowned.

"She's too little to pass through that," Killian said to himself.

Kiara reached up and touched the edge of his face. She turned his face towards her and gripped his other hand.

"How are you feeling?" Killian asked, his eyes scanning Kiara's eyes. "Do you think.....I mean will you be gone again soon?"

Behave Kiara, the magic warned her. Think of Lila.

Kiara shook her head slowly.

"Do you feel the magic on the surface?" Killian asked.

Kiara swallowed the lump in her throat and shook her head.

"Okay..." Killian said slowly. "We can go see her."

Kiara's heart leaped up. She jumped into Killian's hand and wrapped her arms around his neck, catching him off guard. Killian welcomed the small display of affection. He had been starving for her touch.

"Let's go," he said, taking her hand.

Kiara took in a deep breath and followed Killian out the doors. She watched him raise his hand with the bundle of charm Gemma probably gave him and create an exit in the forcefield. She followed him out and let him hold her hand as he began to lead her to Lila. her heart started to hum as her whole body lit up with excitement.

But just as the pair got a few feet away from the forcefield, Kiara's feet stopped. Her heart stilled as she became rooted to the ground. Kiara looked up as Killian turned to look at her.

"What's wrong?" Killian asked.

Kiara couldn't explain it. She watched everything through her own eyes, yet nothing was in her control. Her hand moved away from Killian's and feet took a step back.

"Kia..." Killian reached for her hand but Kiara jerked back.

"Kiara," Killian's voice hardened. "Don't."

Kiara wanted to scream and tell him she wasn't doing anything. But all Killian saw was the brown eyes tear up as Kiara raised her hand and a portal appeared beneath her feet.

"Kiara!" Killian jumped forward but Kiara had already vanished.

______________________________

Nora took in a deep breath as she raised her hand and knocked on Abraham's office doors.

"Come in," came the man's voice from inside.

Nora pushed the door open and entered with her field held closely to her chest.

"Good morning, Ms. Kennedy," Abraham smiled. "Done with those reports already?"

"Yes," Nora nodded. "We're all ready for the briefing tomorrow."

"Perfect."

"I just wanted to come in and remind you that I'm leaving a bit early today."

"Oh, that's right!" Abraham nodded. "Thank you for reminding me. You're leaving at noon, correct?"

"Yes," Nora smiled. "But I wanted to go over the new facial recognition features we will be using with everyone before that."

"Should we all meet in 10 minutes?" Abraham asked, checking his watch. "I have a meeting with the king and you can join us and fill him in. He will have questions and you're better at answering all this tech stuff."

"I would love to," Nora nodded. "I'm just going to go grab my file."

"See you in the throne room in 10 minutes," Abraham said.

Nora turned and rushed out. She tried to take long strides forward but forgot she had chosen to wear the annoyingly tight black skirt for the day. At least the heels she wore didn't hurt.

In the past few months, Nora had taken a serious look into her personal style. Working on the higher floors of the palace really put her in view of a lot of people. She felt odd wearing flats and jeans to work. Even though Abraham never said anything, she knew people would take her seriously if she looked the part.

So with Aunt Lidia's help, she had picked out a whole work wardrop complete with professional dresses, skirts, blouses, shoes, handbags and even jewelry. Nora never wore jewelry. She only ever wore her mother's watch but since she lost that she figured she wear something.

"God damn it," Nora mumbled to herself as she moved much slower then she would have liked to.

She was tempted to hoist her skirt up above her knees and run to her office. Nora looked down the hall to make sure no one would witness her ridiculousness. She almost got away with it.

But right before she was about to reach for the hem of her skirt, she heard Hayden's voice coming down the hall. With a gasp, Nora straightened up and turned.

There he was.

The boy who haunted all of her dreams.

The boy who once again became a memory in her life.

As Nora stood staring at Hayden, everything began to move in slow motion. She watched Hayden nod his head to whatever Annabelle was saying. His thick brownish hair caught the sunlight coming in through the windows in the hall and made the strands lighter. His thick lashes became even thicker with the shadows. His lips moved, forming words. He had one hand in his pocket and his other hand waved in the air as if he was trying to draw in the sky. Annabelle nodded and Hayden watched her to make sure she understood.

Fuck, Nora thought to herself as she stood frozen. He's beautiful.

As the pair neared, Annabelle's eyes caught Nora's. The young blonde smiled politely and waved, distracting Hayden from what he was saying. Nora smiled and waved as Hayden flickered his gaze up at her.

The sharp pain and extravagant explosion of fireworks that ignited inside Hayden's chest was unimaginable. If she hadn't stopped talking, he would have surely lost his breath once his eyes landed on Nora.

Man, did the girl look like a million buck, Hayden thought to himself as he worked overtime to keep his expressions neutral.

Nora was dressed in a fitted black pencil skirt that teased the tops of her knees. The sheer black blouse she wore played peek-a-boo with Hayden's eyes, showing him hints of her collarbones and just the tip of her cleavage. Her shoulders looked oh so smooth under the material. Hayden tried not to notice her thick brown logs and her subtle makeup. But damn did those lips look so inviting.

Hayden swallowed the lump in his throat as he realized he had only taken a glance at her. He didn't want to know who wild his mind would go if he was to allow his eyes to gaze at her to his heart's content.

"Hey," Hayden said quickly to not appear rude.

"Hi..." Nora wanted to say more but Hayden had already looked away.

She stood staring as Annabelle and the boy walked off leaving her standing alone in the halls. Her tummy began to hurt and her good mood vanished like smoke. All she wanted was to lay down on the floor and stare at the ceiling. But then she remembered she had to meet the king in ten minutes.

"Fuck my life," Nora muttered to herself as she shook her head and walked off to her office.

She grabbed the file from her desk and ran back out of the room. Dodging the palace staffs preparing breakfast for the council, Nora hurried down to the throne room and found Abraham standing outside.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yes," Nora nodded.

The door to the throne room opened and Abraham led her inside. Some of the other people already seated inside looked up and shared greetings as Nora passed them by. She smiled politely and made her way over to the empty seat beside her team member, Matthew.

"Good morning, sunshine," Matthew, a blond with blueish green eyes and a crooked nose, smiled with his pearly whites as Nora slipped into the seat beside him.

"Morning," Nora said, tucking her hair back.

"Coffee?" Matthew held up a cup.

"No, thanks," Nora shook her head. "I might barf."

"Nervous?"

"Always," Nora laughed, not knowing that the sound had caught someone's attention all the way at the head of the table.

Hayden looked up and his eyes fell on Nora immediately. Abraham's voice disappeared completely from his ears as all his attention focused on the girl towards the middle of the long conference table. He stared at her through hooded eyes as she shook her head and scrunched up her nose to whatever the boy sitting beside her was saying.

Hayden felt a wave of sadness come over his heart as he realized Nora hadn't even noticed he was in the room. Her sharp eyes were on the boy as he read something from his phone and showered her. Nora laughed, before taking out her own phone and showing something to the boy.

Nora...

Hayden didn't know why he had said her name in his head. Was he expecting her to hear him?

Suddenly, there was a loud beep. Hayden looked away from Nora and found Abraham and some of the other staff members pulling out their phone all in unison.

"What's going on?" Hayden asked as Abraham's shoulders tensed.

Before Abraham could answer, Hayden felt his mind-link open.

Hayden, Heyder spoke up. Kiara escaped.

What? Hayden's eyes immediately found Nora.

She had stopped speaking to the boy and had her eyes glued on him. Of course, his brilliant girl had already picked up the shift in the room before anyone else. She was always ten steps ahead of everyone.

She's gone, Heyder said. I suggest you go find Nora and keep her around you until we can find Kiara.

Hayden didn't need to be told twice. He began to move instantly across the room as staff members all began to rise and scatter.

"What's going on?" Matthew asked as people around the table began to rise. He looked at Nora but she had eyes only for Hayden.

Her gaze was fixed on the half jinn as he made his way through the crowd of black suits. His eyes were hard and his jaw tensed. His eyes scanned the room as he took quick long steps. By the time Hayden reached Nora, Matthew had risen to his feet.

"We should go," he said, looking down at Nora.

Nora was about to look up at him when Hayden appeared beside her. She looked up and their gaze locked.

Hayden reached down and took her hand, pulling her up to her feet. Nora didn't utter a word as he pulled her to his chest and locked his arms around her.

"Close your eyes," Hayden said, low enough for just Nora's ears.

Nora closed her eyes and gripped Hayden's shirt. She leaned her head onto his shoulder and felt him step into the portal.  

What do you think of Nora and Hayden situation? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24 2 29
Horror. Vampires. Love. Death
457 3 10
A perleo story! I don't think I need to say more ;)
13.5K 922 22
"Can I face my problems alone or die trying?"
8.3K 550 7
❝IF I COULD BE HONEST FOR ONE DAY, EVEN JUST FOR A SPLIT SECOND, I'D TELL YOU THAT I'M HURTING. AND I MEAN REALLY HURTING.❞ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 201...