In Between

By Bails701

You're an FBI agent at the BAU, something you've always wanted to do growing up. And now, you've made it, at... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Beginning: pt. 2
3. An End to A Remarkable Begining
5. Girls Day
6. Girls Night
7. The Hardest Thing
8. Inconveniece
9. Opening Statements
10. Proceedings
11. The End Result
12. The Celebratory Dinner
13. Surprise, Surprise
14. Choices
15. Decisions, Decisions
16. An Unexpected Case
17. John A. Monroe
18. Harley
19. Panic and Reassurance
20. Stella Rhodes
21. Nick Gray
22. New Colleagues
23. Thursday
24. Friday: The Party
25. Fourth of July
26. Ready
27. The One With The Wedding
28. Ivy
29. A Fresh One
30. The Talk
31. Betrayal
32. Moving Day
33. The 28th Birthday
34. Back In Virginia - Filler Chapter
35. The February Agreement
36. Official - Filler Chapter
37. Different
38. The Boston Reaper 2.0
39. The End Of The Ghost Murderer
40. The Finale
41. Acknowledgements and Things

4. Unpredictable

1K 34 16
By Bails701

Previously: You and the team caught the unsubs that kidnapped the children. You all were on the jet ride back home and you woke up with a jacket covering you.

It's been a few days since the last case. You end up finding out who's jacket was on you.

~ A few nights ago~

~ Present Day ~

You woke up in your apartment. You brushed out your hair and took a nice steamy shower. You got yourself dressed in a white blouse, a black blazer, skinny jeans, and black ankle boots. You throw your hair in a sleek high pony. You throw on some nude eyeshadow, black eyeliner with a wing, mascara, and clear lipgloss.

You make some eggs, sausage links, and two pieces of toast along with coffee. After eating all of your breakfast you throw the remainder of the coffee pot and what's in your cup into a travel mug. Then you throw the dishes in the dishwasher. You grab your purse, keys, and badge. You walk out the door and lock it behind you.

You hop into the car and turn it on. It's a bit cold so you turn the heat on. Then you get a phone call from an unknown number. You shoot Penelope a text.

You drive over to the BAU and head straight to Penelope's office.

You knock on the door.

Penelope: "Come in!"

Y/N: "Hey Garcia."

Penelope: "Oh hey! Come here, it's so good to see you!" She pulls you into a tight hug.

Y/N: "It's nice to see you too hun."

Penelope: "Come hither, let's see who called you."

You walk over to Penelope's desk. You hand over your phone and she plugs it in. She goes to the unknown number and figures out who it is.

Y/N: "Ugh you've got to be kidding me."

Penelope: "My software never makes mistakes, you get what you're looking for!"

Y/N: "Thanks Garcia."

Penelope: "Who is this Nick Gray?"

Y/N: "Someone from my past."

Penelope: "Hmm, the past? OH, is it an ex lover??"

Y/N: "I don't wanna talk about it."

Penelope: "I may not be an excellent profiler, but I do know that when someone usually avoids a question it means that it's exactly what you think it is."

Y/N: "Garcia please, don't tell anyone about this either."

Penelope: "Ok, ok, I won't."

Y/N: "Pinky promise?"

Penelope: "I double pinky promise!"

Y/N: "I take those seriously, if you break it i'll be upset and I won't tell you anything ever again."

Penelope: "I won't, I won't!"

Y/N: "Thank you. I gotta go see Hotch."

Penelope: "Ok, bye lovey!"

Y/N: "Bye Garcia."

You grab your phone and walk to Hotch's office, you knock on his door.

Hotch: "Come in."

You open the door and close it, you take a seat.

Hotch: "How can I help you?"

Y/N: "So I was supposed to take my gun test during the case, but we got sidetracked and it never happened. So I was wondering if I could take it now? So whenever the next case comes up I'll have a gun to defend myself and my fellow colleagues."

Hotch: "Sounds reasonable, let me sign this real quick and we can head down. You can wait outside the door."

Y/N: "Thank you Hotch." You flash him a smile.

You get up, walk out, and shut the door behind you. You're waiting outside his office and rehearse how to shoot. "Front sight, trigger press, follow through." you say to yourself. After a few minutes Hotch comes out.

Hotch: "You ready Monroe?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Hotch: "Good. Follow me."

Hotch starts walking and you follow him. You reach the elevator and see Derek inside. You and Hotch walk in and he presses a button.

Morgan: "How's it going Hotch?"

Hotch: "Good. It's going good, how about you?"

Morgan: "It's good. How about you Monroe?"

Y/N: "It's fine, thanks."

Morgan: "You both heading down to the shooting range downstairs too?"

Hotch: "Yes. Y/N needs to do her test so she can get her gun."

Morgan: "You still haven't done that yet? Do you need lessons?"

Y/N: "I'm fine Morgan. I don't need lessons, I know how to shoot a gun."

Morgan: "Do you though?"

Y/N: "Shouldn't I be asking you that? Why're you going down there if you're such a good shot?"

Morgan: "It's good to practice, I don't wanna get rusty."

Y/N: "I can assure you I'm fine, you wanna bet on it?"

Morgan: "Absolutely."

Y/N: "Fine, $100 if I shoot dead center on three different paper targets."

Morgan: "How about $200?"

Y/N: "Alright, it's your money. I haven't shot in a while anyway so you might have a chance."

Morgan: "Shake on it?" He holds out his hand.

Y/N: "Alright." You shake each other's hand.

After a few minutes you three arrive downstairs. You walk out and head to the targets. You insert ear plugs, load a gun, then put safety glasses on. You wait for Hotch and Derek to put in ear plugs. Once Hotch gives you the go ahead, you shoot without hesitation. All at three different ranges. You bring them up and they're all dead center. You take out the ear plugs.

Y/N: "Where's my money Morgan?"

Morgan: "Nuh uh, there's no way you just did that."

Y/N: "Well you better believe it, pay up."

Morgan: "Ugh fine." He takes out $200 from his wallet and gives it to you.

Hotch: "Nice one Monroe."

Y/N: "Thank you Hotch, does this mean I get my gun?"

Hotch: "Yes, I have one up in my office waiting for you."

Y/N: "Thank you!"

You look over at Derek.

Y/N: "Fist pump?" You raise your fist.

Morgan: "No, never. I'm out $200 now, I'm never betting with you again."

Y/N: "Boo hoo, cry me a river. I said $100 but you decided to raise the stakes."

Hotch: "Psst."

You look over at Hotch. He has his fist raised, you both fist pump each other.

Hotch: "Let's go up to my office, I'll get you your gun holder and your gun."

Y/N: "Sounds great, thank you Hotch."

He nods.

You and Hotch walk over to the elevator.

Y/N: "You coming Morgan?"

Morgan: "No."

Y/N: "Why, cause you're a sore loser?"

Derek swears to himself and you chuckle a little.

You and Hotch walk in the elevator and he presses a button to go upstairs. You both walk towards his office. He gives you your gun holder and the gun itself along with ammo.

???: "Y/N?"

While your back is turned you hear an all too familiar voice behind you. Your body freezes and tenses up. You're in shock. You don't know what to do. You're just standing there. You never thought you'd hear that voice again. You dropped everything to get away from him. Him and his toxicity. Him and his lies. Everything to do with him. I mean, you should've known after the unknown number call earlier.

Hotch: "Y/N? Do you know him?"

Y/N: "No. Get him away."

???: "Don't be like that babe, you know me."

You draw out your gun and aim it at him.

Y/N: "I fucking mean it Hotch. Get him out now."

Nick: "Hey come on know, I know we fought dirty but really? With the gun?"

Y/N: "Get the fuck out. Get the fuck out and never come back. I got away from you for a reason."

Nick: "And what was that?"

Y/N: "Are you fucking kidding me right now? WHY did I get away??"

You kick him in the groin and he immediately falls to the ground.

Y/N: "Hotch, for the last time, get him the fuck out of here. Before I commit a murder."

You walk to the conference room and shut the door. You sit down against the wall and start to cry. "Why, why the hell was he here. Why was he acting like nothing happened? He knew exactly what he had done." You think to yourself. You place your head between your knees and cry some more. You hear a knock at the door. You quickly wipe away the tears and take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Come in.." You say in a quiet voice.

You see JJ, Emily, and Penelope walk in.

Prentiss: "Are you ok Y/N?"

JJ: "We heard and saw everything that happened, we wanted to see if you were ok."

Y/N: "I'm f-fine." You say sniffling.

Penelope: "Was that him Y/N? Was that Nick?"

Y/N: "Yeah..." You nod.

Emily: "Who's Nick?"

JJ: "Who is he Y/N?"

Emily: "And how long has Penelope known about this? I'm surprised she's kept a secret this long."

Y/N: "All she knows is that he's someone from my past, she only knows because he tried to call me this morning."

JJ: "Do you feel comfortable sharing about what happened back then?"

Y/N: "Not completely, maybe one day I'll be able to share."

Penelope: "That's ok, we're all here for you with open arms."

JJ: "For whatever you need Y/N."

Prentiss: "Anytime, anywhere."

Y/N: "Thank you, I feel a bit better." You manage to smile a little.

Penelope: "Come on, get up from the floor, we're gonna go out clubbing!"

JJ: "We are?"

Prentiss: "I'm not one to pass down a good time, we should do it!"

Y/N: "It's only 9:38 in the morning, we can't go out clubbing now!"

Penelope: "Then we'll take the whole day off then, we'll go dress shopping, it'll be a fun girls day!"

JJ: "It sounds like fun Penelope, it's up to Y/N if she wants to go out though."

Y/N: "What happens when there's a case?"

Prentiss: "Then we'll have to reschedule, either way you need some fun, you need a break Y/N."

Y/N: "Alright, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a few drinks and to dance a little."

JJ: "A little? With Penelope? There's gonna be a whole lot more than just 'a little'."

Y/N: "Yeah, you're right. Alright, let's go tell Hotch that we need a day."

Penelope: "Yippee! I'm SO excited!"

Penelope quickly walks out of the room to go talk with Hotch. Emily and JJ holds out their hands to help bring you up off the floor. After a few minutes Penelope comes back in.

Penelope: "We're all set my sweets! Let's hit the mall!"

Prentiss: "Are we all driving separately or together?"

JJ: "I'd say together, I don't think Y/N is capable of driving right now."

Penelope: "Are you capable of driving Y/N?"

Y/N: "I think so, but I don't feel like driving."

Penelope: "Don't worry my lovelies, mama will drive!"

Y/N: "Sounds like a plan." You give her a small smile.

Prentiss: "We should grab our purses and such."

JJ: "Good idea."

You all walk out of the conference room to grab your things. You could feel everyone's eyes on you, you felt heat traveling throughout your body. You were so blinded with rage that you didn't care who saw what you did. All you needed was a day and night out with the girls, maybe that would help ease the rage and sadness you felt.

Once everyone grabbed their things you guys head out of the bullpen and into the elevator. You see Spencer and Derek.

Morgan: "Hey, how's my favorite baby girl?" He flashed Penelope a big smile.

Penelope: "So good! The girls and I are having a girls day!"

Reid: "The girls?"

Penelope: "Yeah! Me, Emily, JJ and Y/N!"

Morgan: "What's the special occasion?"

Penelope looks over at you, you shake your head slightly letting her know not to say anything.

Penelope: "Just 'cause why not! I'm always in my office, plus it'll give Emily, JJ, and I to get closer with Y/N!"

Reid: "Well I hope you three have fun." He gives you three a tight-lipped smile.

Morgan: "Don't let her have any jäger, we all know how she is."

Penelope: "Hey! I'm not that bad!"

Morgan: "Of course not." He gives Penelope a kiss on the cheek.

Penelope blushes a bit. The boys went on their way and you three went into the elevator to exit the BAU building.

~ End of Ch. 4 ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
193K 3.2K 39
You've been in the BAU all your life. You grew up with your boss, SSA Aaron Hotchner, and his wife. When you found out they were getting married, you...
2.3K 96 14
𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 [Spencer Reid x fem!oc] Awkward Spencer Reid met the awkward new BAU agent, and it just about ruined his entire life. "Of cou...
36.4K 799 25
Y/n recently transferred to the BAU. She quickly became closer to a fellow agent than she ever thought possible. Will her past ruin her future, or wi...