A Diffrent Kind of Dead

By allycatt136

Everybody has their survival story. Mine is a little bit different. We all knew that the Apocalypse was comi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

49 0 0
By allycatt136

Well, I think I got my point across pretty well. The sun was setting. It shinned through the window and hit my face. It was so warm, I felt like it was going to be okay for a second. Until the voices in my head started to laugh at me. Nothing was ever going to be okay, I'm going to give up my pathetic life for everyone else's. Hey, maybe i'll be in a book when everything goes back to normal, you know, when the dead wasn't running around eating people.

"Red, are we going to sleep here tonight?" The girl asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

No we shouldn't stay here but it's almost dark and I'm not familiar with this part of the state.

"Hey, I didn't get your name." I Kneeled to the same height of the girl.

"Jessie." She smiled, "Can we go upstairs?"

"May we?" I looked at Tate.

"Sure." he smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we ran upstairs. We went in the door on the right, it was a little girls room. A horrible feeling ran over me. The walls were a light pink with red splatters. There was a bed up against the blood splattered wall. Jessie ran over to the rose gold vanity, she didn't even notice the blood.

"Can you do my hair?" She smiled in the dirty mirror.

"I would be honored", I smiled.

The vanity was filled with hair stuff and makeup, I picked up the hair brush and started to brush her golden curly hair. I don't know that many hair styles. I put her hair into a ponytail and then I twirled it and it made a bun.

"Thank you!" Jessie giggled.

"Your welcome."

I heard heavy foot steps coming closer. I got my knife ready to kill anything that came through the door. It was Tate, I took a breath of relief.

"Am I interrupting?" He asked.

He leaned up against the door frame and had his arms crossed.

"No." I put my knife away.

"Look!" Jessie said.

She opened a closet door and there was tons of clothes, they looked about her size.

"Looks like your gonna get a new outfit." I smiled.

"That's not a good idea." Tate said.

"Why not? It doesn't belong to anybody anymore."

"It's just... I'll be outside." I stood up straight and closed the door behind him.

"Alright, which outfit do you like." I asked her.

"This one." she grabbed a pink dress.

"How about we stay away from dresses."

"Why?"

"They're really hard to run in. believe me, I know."

"Okay."

The memory of Nat popped into my head when I was stuck in that dress, that sucked.

She picked out a baby pink, long sleeve shirt and heavy blue jeans. I helped her put them on, I opened the door and Tate picked her up.

"You looks so pretty!" He laughed.

"Thanks." he put her down.

She ran down stairs to her mom.

"Come on." I grabbed his hand, "I think I saw a balcony in here."

We went into a room at the end of the hall, It looked like it was the parents bed room. There was a glass sliding door, I opened it and it lead to a balcony. It was made out of a dark wood, there was also a chair up against the siding. The sun was almost down but, It was still light out. I pushed my body up against the chipped rail.

"You know, sometimes I think that everything will be okay, silly, I know." I smiled and looked down.

There was still some snow on it.

"No, it's not because I think that too." He looked at me.

I looked at him back, he moved in a little closer. He was wearing a dark blue long sleeved shirt.

"We should get down stairs." I said quietly.

"Yeah we should." He came a little closer.

I put my hand on his chest, "I can't."

He backed up, "I'm sorry." He turned around.

"It's fine, I just lost... somebody that met a lot." A tear rolled down my face, "It's like, there's no time to Morn someone you loose anymore. It's hey, you gotta keep going." I covered my face with my hands.

I couldn't hold it any more. Nat, mom, Ashley, dad. I never got to cry or grieve over them, I don't think any one is allowed to anymore.

Tate came closer and wrapped his muscly arms around me, just hugging someone made me feel better.

"Red!" I heard a little voice call.

I pushed him away and cleaned up my face with my sweater. I looked at him and walked inside.

"Jessie what's up?" I bent down to her level.

"Can I do your hair? Since you helped me pick out my outfit and do my hair?" Jessie asked.

I looked down to my braid. Nat did it, little baby hairs was coming out of the braid.

"Okay." I said taking a deep breath.

It was getting super hard to see, I took off my backpack and I searched for a match. I walked inside and there was a candle on the night stand beside the bloody bed. I tried to light it but it was so hard.

"Crap." I said under my breath.

"Here let me." he stuck his hand out.

I gave it to him. he swiped it across the top and it lit, before it ran out he lit the candle. We moved into that little girls room, that we were in before. I set the candle on the vanity and sat on the floor. The candle lit the room pretty well, surprisingly.

"Okay, ready?" Jessie asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

She undid my braid and pulled all my hair back into a ponytail. Then she twirled it and made a bun. She secured it with a ponytail holder, It looked pretty decent from what I can see.

"Pretty good for your age!" I said while brushing down the baby hairs.

"Thank you! I've been practicing from my doll that I found." she held out a porcelain doll.

It had a cracked face and one eye missing.

"Ohh...kay. How about we find you a better doll and a little less creepy."

"No! I want this one." She moved the doll away.

"Okay." I smiled, "What's her name?"

"Lizzie!" She smiled.

"Okay. let's go downs stairs and check on mommy, okay?"

"Okay!" She smiled and ran down the stairs.

I stood up and turned around. I smiled at Tate and then grabbed to candle, he followed me down the stairs. I set it on the coffee table in the middle of the living room. White was sitting on the couch staring at the wall blankly,

Oh shit, was I too mean?

I went to sat next to her, "Are you alright?" I asked.

she handed me a little leather book.

"This is all you need." She said.

She took something out of her back pocket, I had an idea, I grabbed it in the nick of time. Only it hit me instead. It hit me right in the side of the cheek. I had a hole in my face.

"Oh my God..." Tate covered his mouth.

Jessie started to scream, We have to get out of here. The gun shot, and Jessie's screaming is going to attract zombies.

"Guys get your stuff we have to go!"

It wasn't long before I heard moaning from behind the front door, I got my knife out.

I took the little black book and shoved it into my backpack. There was scratching and banging on the front door, I cringed every time I heard their dead nails rub up against the door.

I opened the back door and tiptoed out. I heard gun shots getting closer. Tate picked up Jessie and we started to run as fast as we could. All I heard were the gun fires and the jingle of my backpack.

I was running out of breath but I knew I couldn't stop, I heard Tate and Jessie getting slower. The bullet hole started to burn, it hurt so bad. I slowed down once we got to the tree line I stopped. I felt some one slam me in the back of the head with something.

Everything was fading. I couldn't feel or hear anything, I hit the ground.

***

My eyes fluttered open. I looked up through my eye lashes and there was a gun pointed on my forehead. Where the fuck am I?

(Sorry this chapter is short)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 5.4K 33
The apocalypse came; firstly only with the side effects of another world war, the radioactive making people sick and poisoning the air and food, but...
2K 341 26
"Dreams. Everyone human has them. Some believe in them. Some think it's a pigment of their own imaginations. It's soothing to see yourself in a beaut...
496K 21.5K 51
Meghan Polinsky was excited to see her long distance boyfriend of four years when she took her trip to Brazil. All that hope was squashed as soon as...
3.5K 193 12
This world of ours was ready for anything........ Anything except for fiction to turn reality.... If you wanna live you better know how to fight and...