Kion and Kovu's Secret Romance

By KionTheLeader

This story happens a few days after the episode 'Lions of the Outlands' from season 1 of The Lion Guard. When... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's note

Chapter 1

5K 86 28
By KionTheLeader

The Lion Guard were doing morning patrol. They were almost done for the morning and so far, it had been pretty quiet. They only had to save a genet from a high tree and help a lost gazelle back to its herd. The Guard were walking their last path of their patrol.

"I'm glad Janja and his clan aren't here. I could get used to this quiet patrols." Fuli said.

"Maybe they finally learned their lesson?" Besthe asked.

"I doubt it." Fuli chuckled.

"I hope not! Kicking Janja out of the Pride Lands is the most fun thing to do!" Bunga said with full excitement.

"Well, let's just be glad the Pride Lands are safe. We can take a break once we finished this path." Kion said.

"Don't speak too soon." Ono said, as he flew in the air. He noticed the zebra herd running towards the Outlands.

"Hapana! The zebra herd are fleeing towards the Outlands!"

"We have to stop them! 'Till the Pride Lands end..." Kion began.

"LION GUARD DEFEND!" the rest finished. They all ran towards the zebra herd.

"Fuli! Use your speed to calm the herd down!" Kion said.

"You got it Kion! Huwezi!"

Fuli ran with full speed around the zebras, making circles to slow the herd down. The rest of the Guard followed the herd, making sure the zebras stick together.

"Calm down, calm down. It's okay. That's it." Fuli said.

As the herd finally slowed down, they were almost at the border of the Outlands. Kion and the Guard approached the leader of the zebra herd, Thurston.

"What made you all run off like that?" he asked.

"I was just minding my business eating the most delicious grass of the Pride Lands, when suddenly a red stick moved towards us! So we did what we had to do."

"You panicked and ran?" Fuli asked.

"That's right."

"A red moving stick? Are you talking about Ushari, the cobra?" Ono asked.

"A cobra? I most certainly can see the difference between a snake and a stick! I am the smartest zebra in the Pride Lands, you know?" Thurston responded.

"Sure you are!" Kion said while he tilted his head. He figured that Ono was right, but didn't want to make a whole argument about it.

"The stick should have moved away by now. You all can go back to your territory." Kion said.

"Right! ...where is that, exactly?" Thurston asked, as he looked at his surroundings.

Fuli sighed. "Zebras..." she mumbled to herself so no one could hear.

"Don't worry, we'll get you home safe." Besthe said.

"You guys go ahead, I want to check the border to look out for trespassers." Kion said.

"Aren't you coming with us?" Bunga asked.

"I'll be at the watering hole soon. I'm pretty sure you can lead the herd back to their home without me." Kion chuckled.

"Alright Kion, see you at the watering hole!" Ono said.

"Bye guys!"

The Guard led the herd back to their territory and then took a break from their patrol.

----------

Kion was walking around the border to make sure there are no trespassers. It wasn't too long before Kion heard a scream.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" he heard in a distance. He looked into the direction the scream came from and saw Kovu surrounded by Janja and his two followers, Cheezi and Chungu. There was a wall behind Kovu: there was no escape from him. Kion immediately ran towards them.

"You don't want to mess with me! I've trained for this!" Kovu said angrily.

Janja laughed at the cub's response. "Tough talk for a young lion cub. Give up already, no one's gonna save you."

"That's what you think!" Kion said loudly, before standing behind Janja and his crew.

"Kion?" Kovu said.

Janja turned around to face Kion, before he spoke. "Well if it isn't Kion, leader of The Lion Guard. What brings you into the Outlands?"

"Janja! Leave him alone and you won't have to deal with me." Kion said determened.

Janja laughed. "This is our territory. Why would you save some animal in the Outlands anyway?"

As everyone paid attention to Janja and Kion's conversation, Kovu sneaked up towards Janja, not making any sound. Kion noticed with the corner of his eye.

"Because the Circle of Life goes beyond the Pride Lands. Now go back to your home!" Kion said.

"I don't think so." Janja said as he stepped towards the yellow cub. Then, Kovu jumped onto Janja's back, bitting him in the neck.

"ARGH!" Janja screamed.

Cheezi rushed towards Kovu while Chungu tried to knock Kion down. Kion dodged the attack and hit the hyena hard in his face. Kion saw Chungu struggling getting up. He then saw Kovu getting pushed off of Janja. Cheezi was on top of Kovu and was about to bit the brown cub in his throat, but Kion ran towards Cheezi, pinning the hyena down.

"RUN!" Kion screamed.

Kovu ran deeper into the Outlands. Kion got off of Cheezi and saw Janja and Chungu rushing towards him. He ran away and was right on Kovu's tail. The cubs were a bit faster than the hyenas, but not by much. Kovu and Kion ran into a dead end. There was no escape now. Both Kion and Kovu turned around, facing Janja and his followers.

"Kovu, get behind me!" Kion said. Kovu obeyed.

"He's gonna use the Roar!" Cheezi said with fear.

Kion waited for Janja's response, before he would consider using the Roar of the Elders.

Janja growled. "Fine! We'll leave. But next time, you won't be so lucky, cub!"

Then the hyenas turned around, heading back to their home. Kovu was still catching breath from the long run.

"Thank you," he began, "but why did you help me?"

"Well, as I said, I'm just keeping the Circle of Life in balance. Hyenas shouldn't eat lions." Kion chuckled. "What were you doing near their home?"

"I was just searching for some rats or mice. I didn't mean to stumble on Janja and his crew." Kovu answered.

"Rats and mice?" Kion tilted his head with a confused face. "Yeah, I'm sick of eating termites."

Kion then understood what he meant: food. There aren't any animals to hunt in the Outlands, so he's forced to eat termites. Just like the rest of his pride. Kion flatted is ears.

"Oh... right." Even though Kovu was an Outlander, Kion still felt a bit guilty he could eat whatever he wants, while Kovu cannot.

"Do you want to search together? It's the least I can do." Kion asked.

Kovu's eyes widened and then he smiled. "Sure! Always nice to have the Roar with me."

They both chuckled before leaving the place, searching for some small animals.

"You know, I never thought you'd ever help me, after you kicked us out of the hyenas' watering hole." Kovu said with a smile.

"Of course I would help! That's what I do. And I'm sorry I had to get you out of there. I was just helping my friend Jasiri."

"Don't worry about it. It was probably the right thing to do anyway."

"You think so?"

"Well yeah, my mother should've left those hyenas alone. I don't think lions are any better than hyenas."

"I agree! I didn't expect you to believe that as well."

"You don't know me yet." Kovu said with a smirk. Kion chuckled and even blushed a little.

As they continued walking, Kion picked up a scent. "I think we're getting near some mice!" he said while sniffing the ground.

Kovu followed the yellow cub and not long after, they saw a small hole in a wall where a couple of mice were. The whole wasn't big enough to enter, but a leg could definitely fit.

"Perfect!" Kovu said, as he slowly approached the hole. He could hear some mice squeaking not too far in it. When he got close enough, he put his front leg into the hole trying to catch a mouse. All the mice were running around fast, but Kovu managed to catch one with his paw toes. When Kovu pulled back, all the other mice were running out of the hole.

"I guess it's just one today." Kovu said, before eating the mouse he just caught.

He looked at Kion while he was still chewing. Kion was smiling, happy that Kovu has something different to eat than termites.

"Thank you." Kovu said when he was done.

"No problem!"

"How did you know there were mice in that hole?" Kovu wondered.

"I'm training to track different animals by scent. It's really useful to find lost animals." Kion explained.

"Really? That's so cool! I never learned how to do that. All I do is train to become k... I mean, a great fighter."

"I noticed! You were really brave out there at Janja."

"You should've seen me a couple of months ago." Kovu chuckled. "I was scared of almost everything, but now with all the training, I have way less fear." They both laughed a little.

"I probably should go back to the Pride Lands." Kion said after a while.

"Oh... Yeah, um... I guess this is good bye then?" Kovu was actually sad that Kion was about to leave. Why is that? Kovu wondered.

Kion thought for a bit. Kovu is a really nice lion and he liked hanging out with him. He definitely wanted to meet Kovu again. Kion then thought of something.

"I have a better idea. We could see each other again so I could teach you how to track. What do you say?" Kion asked, smiling at the brown cub.

Kovu couldn't believe what he heard. Kion really wants to help me? He already did so much for me! Kovu thought.

"I... I'd love to!" Kovu then shook his head. "I mean, that sounds great!" Kovu felt nervous, but didn't really understand why.

"Awesome! Let's meet here tomorrow around the same time."

"OK! I'll see you then, bye!"

"See ya!"

As Kion turned around to head back to the Pride Lands, Kovu stared a bit at the yellow cub. Why does he want to help me? Kovu thought. Whatever reason it was, he really liked having Kion around him. Kovu snapped out of his thoughts and headed back to the Termite Mounds, already looking forward to meet Kion the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 2K 114
Scar is gone but his spirit burns with unfinished business, but he was found another to carry on his task. Kion, the former leader of the Lion Guard...
4.5K 130 24
In this story Kion never went to The Tree Of Life. One day his father (Simba) told Kion that the King and Queen of The Tree Of Life would be visiting...
67.5K 1.3K 24
Kovu and Kiara are madly in love with each other and every one can see it. While a silly unofficial wedding made for a few laughs, the pressure is o...
55.1K 759 22
Fuli has finally decided to leave the Pridelands and find her long lost friend and leader, Kion. Scar determines to make it as hard as possible for t...