Forgive Me, Naruto

By sns_enthusiast

(Naruto The Last Movie AU) After returning from his 2-year redemption journey for an emergency mission, Narut... More

* Disclaimers!!! *
Old Memories
The Mission
Just You Wait
Sasuke's Return
An Awkward Meeting
The Cherry Blossom Festival
Capable of Love
Toneri Appears!
A New Mission
Wishful Thinking
Just Friends
A Warm Heart
A Cold Heart
Don't Walk Away (Again)
Kumi Otsutsuki
Naruto's Letters
Conflicted Once Again
Sasuke's Letter
The Otsutsuki Wedding
Wedding Crashers
The Final Showdown!
Silent Scream
Love and Hatred
A Tough Decision
That Damn Uchiha
A Tough Decision, Pt. 2
Finally Together
My Loser
* Thank you!!! *

Conflicted

4K 138 112
By sns_enthusiast

Sasuke's POV:

As we set out for our mission, I notice a slight mood change in Naruto. I first noticed it while we were walking together to meet with the team, but I didn't want to say anything.

I pull my cape tighter around me, remembering I have the envelope inside the inner pocket.

Shit. I didn't get a chance to put it away since Naruto came over this morning. Now I gotta carry this stupid envelope with me the entire mission.

I turn to look at Naruto again, finding it odd that he hasn't tried to run ahead of us or complain he needs to use the bathroom for the last 10 minutes.

"Hey, what's your problem, loser? Why are you so quiet?" I ask.

"I have a name, ya know! You don't gotta call me a loser in every sentence!" He pouts, crossing his arms.

I begin to feel relieved, seeing that the old Naruto is still there. However, he returns to his odd quiet self soon after.

"Keep it down, you too! Whole reason we're walking and not flying on Sai's hand drawn birds is so we don't get noticed if there's an enemy lurking around," Shikamaru says. His eyes linger on me, with an irritable scowl.

So it seems someone still has a grudge.

We eventually arrive at a dock in front of a lake, in an extremely foggy area.

"Uhh, two canoes, please," Sakura asks the man at the dock.

When we walk towards the two canoes, Sai turns to Shikamaru.

"There's an uneven amount of people in our group, so we'll need two people in one canoe and three people in the other," Sai states.

I automatically turn to Naruto, assuming he'll want to be with me, but he avoids looking in my direction. Instead, he grabs Sakura and Sai's arms.

"I'll go with you guys," he says, dragging Sakura and Sai to one of the canoes.

Surprised, Sakura and Sai look at each other, and then at me. Confused as well, I shrug and turn towards Shikamaru, who rolls his eyes.

"What a drag..."

~

Me and Shikamaru wordlessly row the paddles on each side of the canoe. We follow closely behind Naruto, Sakura, and Sai's canoe.

"Can you row any faster? We'll get lost if we don't catch up to them," Shikamaru says, rolling his eyes again. This guy is really starting to get on my nerves.

"Well it's hard to row with just one arm," I say, sarcastically.

He continues rowing the canoe with his left arm, while he uses his other arm to light up a cigarette. He takes a long drag from the cigarette and breathes out the smoke before he looks in my direction and smirks.

"Well I seem to manage," he finally says. Asshole.

"What the hell is your problem?" I snap at him.

He takes another drag from his cigarette. I'm tempted to grab it out of his mouth and toss it in the lake.

"You. You're my problem, Uchiha," Shikamaru says. I roll my eyes.

"I get it, I'm the Rogue Uchiha. But can you hold on to that grudge some other time? We got a mission to complete," I say.

"Please, this mission is the only reason I'm even in this boat with you," he replies, taking another drag from his stupid cigarette.

"Then why are you being an asshole?"

Shikamaru laughs. "Asshole, huh? That's rich, coming from you."

I stare at him angrily as he finally puts out his cigarette and sighs. He continues speaking.

"Look, I don't know what's going on between you and Naruto, and I frankly don't care. But something's obviously up, and I know you're behind it," Shikamaru says, looking me in the eye.

"I don't even-"

"Don't care. But as I'm sure you know, the only reason you're even here with us right now is because Naruto spoke on your behalf. By all rights, you should be locked up," Shikamaru continues.

I frown and look away. Of course I obviously knew that.

"So what's your point?" I ask.

Shikamaru looks up at the clouds and sighs.

"My point is, it's pretty obvious the guy has a thing for you, okay? I don't know what he sees in you, but it's a fact. So if you really don't feel the same, I suggest you rip off the band-aid and stop leading him on," he says.

"I'm not-"

"Again, don't care. Just tired of seeing my friend mope around about a guy who clearly doesn't give a shit about him," Shikamaru says, looking straight ahead and continuing to row the canoe.

Resisting the urge to Amaterasu his hair off, I continue rowing and look ahead as well. As much as I hate to admit it, the asshole is right. I look ahead where Naruto's canoe is, and watch as Naruto tries to splash water on Sakura and blame it on Sai. Unsure of who it was, Sakura punches both of their heads before continuing to row her side of the boat.

I slightly smile as I watch them.

I don't want to lead him on, but I don't know how I feel about him either. And slowly, I can tell Naruto is beginning to sense that.

~

After we reach land, Shikamaru takes out his map.

"There's an abandoned village a few miles east of here. Let's head over there and look for any clues," he says, leading the way.

I walk up to Naruto. "Hey Naruto-"

Naruto quickly turns to Sai. "So Sai, how are you and Ino doing?"

They walk side by side behind Shikamaru, while me and Sakura walk side by side at the back.

I frown, as Sakura laughs.

"What's so funny?" I ask, irritated.

"All those years of Naruto chasing you, it's just so funny seeing the tables turned," she says teasingly.

"That's not funny. I'm trying to get his attention, and he's completely ignoring me..." I trail off. I suddenly realize that Sakura is right.

She laughs again, harder this time. "Now you know how it feels, huh?"

I frown even harder. Everyone in this team sure loves teasing me today.

Sakura puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Naruto has been wanting to talk to you ever since you got back. He's probably just feeling discouraged," she says.

"But we've talked a bunch of times," I say.

She shakes her head. "Not just any kind of conversation. The conversation."

I stiffen as Sakura continues.

"I don't exactly know what it is you two need to talk about, but he's been wanting to talk to you about it for a while. And knowing you, I suspect you've been purposely avoiding it. Set your ego aside and talk to him, for God's sake...before it's too late," she says, sadly looking at the ground.

I notice she is still wearing the scarf that Hinata made for her.

"Hinata isn't weak," I say to reassure her.

She nods. "I know. I just hope she isn't suffering too much."

We continue walking in silence as I watch Naruto walking ahead.

I have to talk to him. But when?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 1.8K 11
"Are you sure about this?" He whispered in my ear. "No. Sasuke, are you?" "Of course. This is a dream come true." He smirked. "Do it Sasuke. Prove...
20.7K 870 14
Right after the event of Sasuke killing his brother, Itachi, Danzou take the chance to finally exterminate the remaining existence of Uchiha. He sent...
177K 4.4K 17
Cr: art from IG; narusasu00 "I don't want to see you ever again. Get out of my sight!" Never did Naruto see such anger in his brother that is not rel...