Love Worth Dying For (RusAme)

By xxxbrandikaixxx

Trigger warning: Abuse, self harm/suicide, trauma/violence, homophobia (For storytelling purposes, I fully su... More

The School Bully
Super Ultra Mega Prank Wars
Just Like Prison
Girl of my Dreams
Revenge
The Fight
Exploration
The Truth
Math Tutor
Comrade
He's Not a Monster
Childhood
Finally Appreciated
Party!!!!!!
Seven Minutes in Heaven
Graduation
The Loch
Game Night
Nightmares
Welcome to the Red Parade
Gulag
Awakening
Coming Out
Gay Best Friend
Pet Russian
Dad's Toy
Homophobia
Regrets
Apologies
I Hate You, I Love You
Lemon

Improvement

1.5K 37 90
By xxxbrandikaixxx

*America's POV*

The astronomy teacher was trying to decide what to do with Russia.

"So you're really saying you have made up with these three?"

"Yeah. And I already have tons of ideas for this project." The Russian boy answered.

"Hmmmm. Well this is the only group that doesn't have four members................are you sure about this?"

"Yeah."

"Alright..........but if any of you get into another fight..........."

"Yeah yeah, I'm over that now." Russia got up and sat in the empty seat next to me. He immediately opened up his notebook, which had a really detailed layout of the dome. I'll admit I was quite impressed.

"Wait why is there a weapons room?" I asked him.

"Countries need to store their weapons for the shooting range somewhere. It's part of the entertainment."

"Huh I didn't think of entertainment." Germany replied.

"A shooting range sounds AWESOME THOUGH!!!!!!!" I shouted. "Guns are the only real entertainment."

"But how will guns work in a third of the gravity of Earth?" Poland asked. We all froze and just burst into laughter. Russia seemed a little embarrassed but he was still laughing.

"They make it 1G duh!!!!!!" Germany added.

We spent the rest of the class having a blast working on the project. I was quite surprised Russia had this many ideas. Now that I think about it I've never seen this side of him before. Was this what his sister was talking about when she said Russia used to be a lot happier? Was this what he was like before his dad died? If so I really like this side of him. I really couldn't have asked for a better friend.

Before we even knew it class was over. We parted our ways and then met back up at lunch. When we got to our table I noticed South Korea was holding a stack of papers.

"Hey friends it's that time of year again!!!!!" She handed a piece of paper to Japan, then Romania and Canada, and then to Poland and Germany. Lastly she handed one to me. It was an invitation to the end of the school year party on June 1st. She does this every year and it's always a blast. Tons of countries always show up, even ones outside the friend group. I read the invitation.

End of school year party

June 1st

Fun, games, food/drinks, and Kpop

Don't wear anything fancy this is not the lame prom.

"Yessssssss can't wait!!!!!!" I shouted while fist pumping the air.  That's when it also hit me that Japan will be there too. Usually she was invited to these parties but this time I felt extra nervous for some reason. I don't know why though. Ugh, I would have no idea how I would ever ask her out. I doubt she even feels that way around me.

"Can't wait to see you there buddy!" Canada patted me on the back.

"You too."

But I couldn't help but notice that Russia looked a little sad. Usually he was not invited to these parties for............obvious reasons. I bet he was feeling guilty again.

"Oh you can have one too." South Korea slid an invitation over to Russia. I noticed his eyes light up a little even though he didn't say much.

"Wait really?" He finally asked.

"Well you're cool with us now so why not?" She told him.

"Awesome my best friend gets to go too!!!!!" I put my arm around Russia which I don't think he liked.

"Ame can we talk in private?" He asked me.

"Yeah but why?"

We both got up and walked away from the table.

"This party sounds nice and all but I don't think I can make it." He whispered.

"What!?!?!?! Why!?!?!?!?"

"It's just.............I haven't been to a party in years and I won't know many countries there. Plus my reputation in the school is............not the best."

"Well you can just stick with us!!!!!!!"

"No.............I'm just afraid............everyone will judge me."

"Well just be yourself dude and show them the real you. And if they still judge you I'll defend you. You may seem intimidating on the outside but deep down you're a really nice guy. I just wish I found that out sooner..............besides I'm a little nervous myself."

"America? Nervous? What's next Canada will quit maple syrup start yelling at everyone?" Russia teased me.

"No it's just............there's gonna be a girl there that I like."

"Wait since when do you have a crush on someone?"

"For quite a while but I never told anyone because it would just start drama and I hate drama."

"Me too. It just makes me so angry!!!!" He clenched his fist out of anger. "But that's exactly why I don't want to go. I don't want any dumb rumors to start about me."

"Well don't listen to the rumors. They're dumb so that's exactly why you shouldn't listen. Plus you'll have blast!!!!!!"

"Fine I'll go. Just promise you won't say anything dumb about me."

"I promise." The tall country shook his head.

"Oh and I just remembered Belarus said she can take your stitches out in a few days. Then I can show you what I've been working on."

Oh yeah that's right Russ has a surprise for me. I couldn't wait to figure out what the surprise was.

*Timeskip to a few days later in class*

"United States of America could you please come to the front office." The loudspeaker boomed.

"WHAT!?!?!?!?" I shouted. "I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!"

"Going to the office again Ame..........." The teacher mumbled.

"But I didn't-"

"Just go."

I trudged down in anger to the principals office, dumbfounded cause I literally did nothing. Ugh what's next the school is saying my pencil is too sharp and could be used as a weapon!?!?!? I got down to the office and noticed Russia was also there. Great, did someone start a dumb and totally false rumor about us?!?!?!? Was I being blackmailed. I sat down in the chair with my crippling anxiety following right behind me.

"America, I brought you down here to tell you........" The principal spoke as I bit my nails.

"I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!"

"HUH!?!?!?" I shouted.

"The past couple of weeks your grades have made a staggering improvement. And I think I know who's behind it." I looked over at Russia.

"Is this a joke?" I asked.

"I've noticed you have also made up with this young man. I'll admit I was expecting this task to be a lot harder." I didn't know whether to call that a compliment or an insult. "Also it seems Russia's grades have improved too, meaning you'll both be able to graduate."

Well then. Guess I won't be a dropout after all. I wasn't that worried but it would definitely save a lecture from my dad. A BIG lecture.

"Speaking of which your dad's on the phone." The principal handed me the phone.

"Hey son I heard the news!!!!!"

"Thanks dad."

"I say this weekend we celebrate and we all go to the frozen yogurt place as a family."

"Sweet!!!!! Question though can I bring Russia?"

"Oh sure the more the merrier!"

"You okay with that Russ"  I asked my friend.

"You guys have treated me so nicely so sure." He answered.

"Awesome!!!!!! See ya later dad!!!!!" I hung up the phone.

"Hey Ame I'm done the project. And you are ready to get your stitches out." Russia told me.

"Sweet this day keeps getting better and better!!!!!" I shouted.

*Le skip to Russia's house*

Russia opened the door to his house and I was immediately greeted by Belarus and Ukraine.

"Hey there dude!" Bel greeted me. "Ruski I see you've finally made a friend."

"Okay now where's the surprise!?!?!?" I shouted in excitement.

"Follow me." Russia replied as he led me to his room. Oh right, that dingy place. Was his room the surprise?

He opened the door and I immediately noticed the holes in the wall were sealed up and the whole room was painted bright red. On one wall was a golden symbol that looked like a hammer and some scythe crossed over each other. The line work on it was so neat it didn't even look painted. The glass on the floor was also completely gone.

"Did you..........do all of this?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was a mess in here before so I fixed it up in here. And that right there is my dad's symbol." He pointed to the hammer scythe thing. (A/N Ame doesn't know it's called a sickle)

"It's amazing Russ!!!!! Looks like a professional did it!!!!" I could tell that comment made him happy.

"I like to build stuff actually." He replied. "I just...........never had the motivation to do anything."

I also noticed there were several different sized wooden dolls on his desk and a couple of children's drawings were tacked into the wall. It looked so much better in here than it did before. I reached out to hug my best friend and wrapped my arms around his skinny body.

"This is the best surprise ever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 2.5K 38
After America tried multiple times and failed to get rid of his lingering feelings to Russia, a game of truth or dare forced him to go up and talk to...
727 55 9
The tall tale of the later hardships faced by "the gifted child". As Russia ages, he finds his life dulling because he has nothing to live for. He ha...
140K 4.3K 49
America has it all: fame, friends, allies, a supportive family- everything a country could ever want; but, when America's past and guilty conscience...
25.7K 468 17
decided to drop this, the most atrocious and humiliating shit ive ever wrote. update;: decided to end it onceand for all, had to sacrifice my life ge...