My Kitten

By lauren_o79

What happens if you found out that your boyfriend that you knew since you were kids is not your mate like you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 16

1.2K 46 12
By lauren_o79

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I just finished my junior year of college and lacrosse finally. Also, my girlfriend who reads this book wanted me to post it today so we can talk about it when she comes and sees me lol

Nova's POV

After training the gang and I have been waiting for Tala to meet us, we all can leave. I also wanted to ditch the group and I can have some needed alone time with Tala, but she is taking too long.

"Maybe she got lost in the house, it is a big house to get lost in easily," Dakota says.

"Yeah, you might be right. Let us all split up and look around for her, she can't be that lost" I say, and we all split up to look for her. I looked all around the house and even went into my room to make sure that she did not go into my room and fall asleep. I go back to the front of the house where we started to see everyone is back, but without Tala.

"Where could she be in this house?" I say and everyone just looks around, Dakota calls her on her phone, but it goes straight to voicemail. Which was very weird and now I am starting to get a bad feeling about all of this. My parents came downstairs, and they were talking about the meeting that he was having tonight which involved talking about a fighting plan against the rouges. Then they see us and come over.

"What are you guys still doing here and where is Tala?" My mom says.

"Good question because we are looking for Tala and we can't find her anywhere in the house," I say to my parents.

"That's interesting because we saw her head to you guys. How about you get some warriors to go look for her Takoda" My mom says to my dad.

"Alright let's go up to my office and get some warriors to go look for her," My dad says walking up to his office being followed by my mom and me. We get to his office and see that his office door is ajar. He tells us to wait while he goes and checks it out. My mom and I wait outside ready for something to happen, then you hear a loud growl and a banging noise. My mom and I came barging in to see that his offices had been gone through. Some of his drawers have been open and gone through, seeming like someone was looking for something. I could smell the air and I could only smell Tala and some other smells that I could not detect.

"It seems like nothing has been taken from my office that I see right now. They may have not been able to finish the job. I can smell something in here, but I cannot tell you exactly what was here. I also have a faint smell of Tala, maybe she came in at the wrong time" My dad says then sounds off an alarm that will alert the warriors that they are needed. Within a minute the top warriors come into the office and ask what is going on and what they can do.

"There were rogues in my office going through my stuff and left kidnapping someone too without being stopped. I do not know how this happened and we will talk later about it, but I need you guys to find the rogues and Tala, who is the girl that they kidnapped. Go now!" My dad says and takes a deep breath. My dad was mostly worried because there were rogues in his office. After all, but I am worried because my mate is missing, and my wolf and I are going crazy. I am using all of my strength right now from my wolf coming out and going to look for her right now. The office door opens again, and all the ranked wolves and their kids come into the office. I am pretty sure Rudi, Tobey, and Dakota have gone back to their pack right now. Beta Jackal and Gamma Luka come in and ask what is happening. My dad explains what happened and how the warriors are out right now searching the land.

"I also have another worry because not all of my drawers were open, just a few like they knew what they were looking for. They were very quiet, and no one knew that they were on the land or saw them leave. I think that they might have help on the inside" my dad says. I stop and think about it and it could be true. While everyone was talking about what they think happened, my wolf is fighting to come out to go look for Tala. I could not sit still so I started moving around in place not trying to draw too much attention.

"Hey sweetie, come with me outside really quick," my mom says to me and we go outside the office.

"I can tell that something is bothering you ever since Tala was kidnapped. You seem to be on edge and overwhelmed. I know that she is your friend's best friend, but you do not need to get so worked up over this" my mom says not understanding the situation.

"She is not just my friend's friends; she is my mate!" I shout to my mom and she goes pale.

"Oh, well that changes a lot of things," my mom says shockingly and goes back into the office. I follow behind her.

"We need to inform the Dark Moon Pack that one of their pack members has been taken," my mom says.

"Do not worry, we are already on that" my dad says.

"We also need to inform her parents ourselves because we lost her on our watch," my mom says and takes a deep breath. My dad looks away in deep thought.

"You are right and we need to inform the family ourselves because it did happen while she was here. I am busy with the warriors right now and you know that you can't go over there, so Nova I need you to go over there. Tell her parents that we are deeply sorry and we will do our best in finding her" my dad said and I looked over to my mom. I was wondering why my dad said that my mom can't go, but I just let it go. I grab my wallet and keys and head over to Tala's house. Once I get there, I go up to their door and ring the doorbell. Tala's mom opens the door and she stares at me with awe.

"You look just like your mother," Tala's mom says and I smile.

"I get that a lot," I say and Tala's mom is motioning me in. I walk in and follow Tala's mom into the living room and see that Rudi is here.

"What are you doing here Nova?" Rudi says confused.

"I am here to inform them of what is happening," I say back at Rudi.

"It is okay Nova, we already know. Rudi just told us what is happening" Tala's mom says, holding back her tears. Her husband comes over to try and comfort her but she backs away from it. I feel horrible because Tala is my mate and I couldn't keep her safe, this is all my fault. Her mom is crying because of me.

"I am still wondering why you are here right now?" Rudi says and I look at him with anger in my eye. How dare he ask that question when Tala's mom is grieving right now?

"I am here because it is the right thing to do, Rudi. It happens on our land so this is the least that we could do" I say then go over and hug Tala's mom and she hugs me back.

"Thank you for coming Nova, it means a lot," Tala's mom says to me after she calms down from crying.

"No problem and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that Tala is back here," I say to her.

A week later and there is still no sign on Tala. We have looked within both lands and out of our land. We guess that the rogues have a secret place that they are hiding out, but we can't find it anywhere. I have been up day and night going out and looking for her, and I have barely got any sleep from it. My wolf and I are exhausted from everything. My wolf is even starting to give up, but not on my watch. I will not rest until Tala is safe at home.

I just came back from another search for Tala and I am covered in mud, so I head up to my room to take a shower. I take a long hot shower and think of my next plan to search for Tala. I get out of the shower and put some fresh clothes on. I look at my phone and there is a message from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: We have Tala and if you want her back meet us at 34.5942 N, 52.4854 E. Also, come alone and be there in 30 minutes

I run and grab some shoes and go to the location that the unknown number sent me. The location is about 20 minutes away from me and I step on the gas. I get to the location and it is an empty grass field. I hear a car pull up and I turn around to see that it is Rudi. He parks his car next to mine and gets out of the car.

"Is this some type of sick joke dude!? Getting me out here saying that you have Tala" I say getting angry and about to punch him.

"Hey wait no, I didn't bring you here. I got a text from this unknown to be here because they have Tala. What are you doing here?" He says holding his hand up.

"I got the same text you did," I say, taking a deep breath.

"Why did they text you to come and get Tala thought?" Rudi questions but I just shrug because I don't want him knowing that we are mates just yet. The only thing that I cared about was getting Tala back. Then a black car pulls up in front of us and a group of guys gets out of the car. They look like warriors from the rogue pack.

"Where is Tala?" I say in my alpha voice.

"Tala is not here, but if you want to see her you will have to come with us," one of the warriors said. I looked over at Rudi and it seemed that we had the same thought in mind.

"No, we aren't going with you. We don't even know if you have her or not" I said.

"If you are willing to take your chances, then that is on you. If you do not come with us then Tala will be killed" one of the guys said and Rudi and I growled. I took a deep breath and nodded my head and so did Rudi.

"That is good. Now leave your phones and put this over you guy's head" he says and throws up two sacks. I handed one to Rudi and we put it over our head. I pulled out my phone and dropped it, and I heard Rudi do the same. They help us get into the car without tripping then we are off to wherever we are going. All I can think about on the car ride is how pissed my dad will be if he knew what was happening, and how I am going to get Tala back. We drove to the location which felt like forever with the sack over my head. I don't think they took a straight shot to the location, they maybe took some extra paths to get there so we don't know exactly where we are. The car stops and the men open the door for us and take the sacks off our heads. I look at my surroundings and we are in the middle of the woods somewhere and there is this abandoned mansion. The house was overtaken by nature with vines growing in the house, broken windows, the paint is chipping away. It has not been taken care of in years. The men tell us to go inside and once we go in there are people everywhere. Kids are playing around, women are making food, and men are training and working out. It seems like they have their things in order around here. We walk upstairs to the 4th floor and go into the master bedroom.

"Hey, guys! I have been waiting for you for a while now. I am so happy to see you" the alpha rogue says.

"Where is Tala?" I say cut to the chase.

"Wow, no hello or how are you. I understand that is the reason why you both came here, but there has been a change in the plan. You guys are not leaving to go anywhere until I say that you can" he says.

"What do you want from us?!" Rudi yells at the alpha.

"Well of course I want both of the packs. I want more power duh. The easiest way to take over the pack is to get to the alpha and one of the most important things to an alpha. The alpha's heirs of course and that are why I have both of you here. I knew that you both have a connection to Tala, so I took her to get you both here. Oh, and if you guys try to leave, I will kill Tala on spot without a second thought. Now you guys will go be with her in the cell" he says and claps his hand and warriors come in and take us all the way down in the cellar.

It seems like they made a makeshift holding cell and Tala was in there. Tala saw us and her face lit up, I had to hold back my tears. It has been so long since I have seen her. The warriors put us in the cell.

"Oh my gosh Tala you are okay," Rudi says, opening his arms expecting a hug. Tala runs up to him but passes him to hug me.

"I knew that you would come for me," Tala says holding me tighter.

"Wait for a second, what is going on here?" Rudi questions.

"Rudi, remember the night of my birthday. Well when we found out that we weren't mates and I ran off, I found my mate. My mate is Nova and ever since then we have been dating" Tala says.

"I should have seen this coming because why else would you break up with me," Rudi says trying to understand what is happening.

"Just want to say that you guys were mates in the first place" I chime in and Tala looks at me with a 'like really' face.

"I know we have been going after it for as long as I remember, but if anyone was her mate I am happy that it is you," Rudi says with his hand out and I shake his hand.

"Thank you, Rudi, that means a lot coming from you. Now let's get back to business on how we are going to get out of here. Tala, why haven't you escaped yet?" I ask, looking at Tala and she shows me her hands that have scars on them.

"The cell is made out of silver. Trust me I have tried and tried to get out of this cell many times" Tala says and I check on her hands. Silver is the only weakness of werewolves. It doesn't burn us, it is just impossible for us to break.

"I am okay, they have been like this for a while now," she says and I give her another hug and we all sit down.

"Look we are going to be down here for a bit unless we come with a bulletproof plan. All they do is come down here three times a day to give us food and water" Tala says and I am just happy that they were feeding her the whole time. We sat there for a while trying to come up with a plan, but nothing was sticking so we all fell asleep for the rest of the night. Other than me, I was having a hard time sleeping because I was keeping watch. I didn't want someone coming down here and taking Tala away from me again. While I was just laying there up all night, I heard the door open and two people came in. They started to talk and I could tell that one of the voices of the alpha, but the other one I couldn't tell. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't figure it out.

"See we have everyone down here like you said," the alpha says.

"Good everything is going as planned just how I wanted it," the unknown voice says.

"I am happy about that because I don't know how much longer I have to pretend to be the alpha. I am your highest rank warrior, but it just feels wrong. I am not supposed to be alpha, that is your job. I don't want to put a bad name on our rep" the alpha said, well fake alpha said.

"See this is why you are my best warrior. You know what the right way is in wolf life. You listen to your alpha and do as told, but don't worry. You won't have to pretend for too long until I reveal myself and get my revenge" the unknown voice says.

"Okay sir and don't worry I will handle everything here," the fake alpha says.

"Good and make sure nothing happens to her. You know she is my sister and I don't want anything bad to happen to her" the unknown voice says. 

Thank you for reading!!! Please vote!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.3K 48
What will happen if your mate is already married and he has no clue about being your mate. This is what happening in Oliver's life. Unaware of danger...
4.5K 117 22
what happens when you find out werewolves are real and also you are one of their mate?
69K 2.8K 56
Finding your mate is one thing, actually getting them to like you is harder for some than it is for others. Pursuing them was tough enough, now how d...
164K 4.3K 36
Emily has always been shy and stayed unnoticed but her 18th birthday passes and out of the blue she is then spotted by the player of the school, Alex...