๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž...

By Ifebodee__

"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics ๐Ÿ’–โฃ๏ธ
Prolouge
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY-ONE~
~TWENTY-TWO~
~TWENTY-THREE~
~TWENTY-FOUR~
~TWENTY-FIVE~
~TWENTY-SIX~
~TWENTY- SEVEN~
~TWENTY-EIGHT~
~TWENTY-NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY-ONE~
~THIRTY-TWO~
~THIRTY-THREE~
~THIRTY-FOUR~
~THIRTY-FIVE~
~THIRTY-SIX~
~THIRTY-SEVEN~
~THIRTY-EIGHT~
~THIRTY - NINE~
~FORTY~
~FORTY-ONE~
~FORTY-TWO~
Update!-Not really, hehe.
~FORTY-THREE~
~FORTY-FOUR~
Pretty Important, please read.
~FORTY-FIVE~
~FORTY-SIX~
~FORTY-SEVEN~
~FORTY-EIGHT~
~FORTY-NINE~
~FIFTY~
~ FIFTY-ONE~
Listen up, guys.

~EIGHTEEN~

300 140 50
By Ifebodee__

                         ~•~•~•~
"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things." - Mother Teresa.
                        ~•~•~•~
Read the author's note at the end of this chapter please 😊

The pic above is another pic of Joy-Anne I found.

Go on...

                        •BOLU•

The Talent show finally ended and we headed to class. School had closed for the day but as usual, students were still catching cruise. My classmates surrounded the whole corridor, chit chatting, famzing, gossiping and squealing and yelling.

Nina, Ninuola, Joy and I walked ahead of the boys — Fred, MJ, Jeremy and Ayo— while they, on the other hand, yelled about whatever. MJ was the loudest and Ayo said nothing. No, I didn’t have eyes at the back of my head but I could tell whose voice was whose.

“SCIENCE STUDENTS! Go to class one! Arts and commercial students to arts class two!” Mary Belle Dairo, the head girl, yelled.

“Go to class one ke? For what na? Me, I’m tired oh,” Joy said, as she stomped her feet. “Sheybi it’s already closing time.”

“Wahala!” Nina commented.

“Wahala be like SS3 students oh,” I added.

“Bet we’re gonna have stupid holiday classes or projects,” Ninu said.

“Well I hope not,” Joy said.

We walked to the fairly occupied class and took our seats waiting for whatever was to come.

Joy sat with us too, shared a seat with me. Soon after, the class was fully occupied. Ore came and sat beside me, Chidera followed and sat on his laps.

Jeremy brought a chair and put it beside mine, making Joy and I to be in the middle of him and Ore. Then he pulled Joy to his laps.

This was one of those days when RBA wasn’t strict with seats because obviously, the class was crowded.

I looked at them both. Chidera had her arms wrapped around Ore while Joy was just a blushing mess. Jeremy smirked at me while Ore had an unreadable expression on his face.

He didn’t look sad but he didn’t look happy either. He looked like he was thinking about something. Funny, ‘cause he was the one who did giveaway just now, wasn’t he? His mood didn’t ever switch like that.

I shrugged and decided to mind my business.

I also decided to talk to Joy later. I really need to know what was going on between her and Jeremy. I looked at both couples again and felt caught in the middle and for some reason, I sank deeper into my seat.

After a few seconds, the vice principal and my least favorite teacher — physics teacher, entered the class.

“Good afternoon sir!” All of us greeted.

“Afternoon students, trust your day is going well,” the VP said.

“Yes sir!” we all chorused.

“Now, you people know that this is your final year here at River Brook Academy and we expect nothing but the best from you. You have shown arrogant, insolent, pompous and lackadaisical character since you returned and saw and your GCE results…”

Some students murmured loudly:

“Ehhhh lackadaisical…”

“Sir, do you know the meaning?”

“Wahala be like English ohhhhh…”

“Sir, be our English teacher nau.”

“Daddy sir, we love you so much.”

I shook my head and smiled. Typical of my classmates to do something like this.

Needless to say, it was definitely headed by Fawaz and Josh.

“Quiet! All of you!” The physics teacher cried.

I rolled my eyes as other students mumbled. “Sorry sir.”

“As I was saying…” the VP continued. “You have shown such despicable character since then but nevertheless, we still want you to excel in your soon-to-come WASSCE. That’s why, your teachers…” He looked to the physics teacher for some kind of support, who in turn nodded his head in affirmation. “… Have decided to organize holiday classes for you.”

The class groaned.

“Called it!” I heard Ninu yell and she turned back to look at Nina then me. She smiled at me but it faltered a bit when she looked at the people on my left— Joy Anne and Jeremy that I thought I imagined it.

“But sir…” someone objected.

“Quiet Aderele!” The physics teacher yelled again.

I mocked him mentally.

“The classes will commence on the Monday after normal school vacation until two days before Christmas.”

Two days to Christmas?

But why?

Students argued and yelled but the VP paid deaf ears.

“The time for each class will be communicated to you. I rest my case. Mr. Noah, over to you.”

The VP Nodded at the physics teacher — whose name is Mr. Noah. Never knew it until now or maybe I did but didn’t feel like calling him that because Noah is too nice a name for such a nasty person — and left the class.

Students still murmured and argued and yelled. Joy was complaining beside me while Jeremy was trying to cajole her.

Chidera whined about how that was gonna disrupt her spa and shopping plans for Christmas. Ore was mute. Something was definitely up.

“Silence!” Physics man yelled.
The class went silent with little murmurs.

“Granted, that most of you did well in your GCE…” He drew out. “Except some…of you, they know themselves.”

I felt my forehead crease and my brows furrow.

Then a deep chuckle followed. I turned to my right to look at Ore. The teacher kept talking.

“You must really hate this guy, huh?”

“Hate doesn’t even describe the depth of my feelings towards him,” I said.

“But see, relax. Your frown can kill a human being, swears.”

“Yeah, Bolu stop frowning,” Chidera chirped happily still holding on to Ore’s neck.

I managed a smile. “Yeah, thanks guys.”

“…but that’s that about that, my main reason for still being here is y’all are gonna have to do a physics project.”

Class groaned again.

“Yes, yes, if you like, groan like lion and tiger, it will not make me change my mind.”

More groaning.

“You will do this project or lose thirty marks from your mock exams.”

Sober groaning.

“And you will be paired in groups…”

“I pray I’m with you,” Chidera said as she looked down at her boyfriend.

“Sure, baby,” he said trying to match her enthusiasm but still sounding dry.

“The paring goes thus: Each group must have a maximum of six students. Y’all have seatmates which makes my work easier. So, two seatmates from class one will pair with four others from class two and three respectively, am I understood?”

“No sir!” Fawaz yelled.

“Then you must be very stupid,” physics man replied.

“Ye pa!” Fawaz yelled and cracked up with Josh and the other guys, not sounding as if he was just insulted. I laughed a little too.

“Any questions?”

“Yes sir,” Ninu said and stood up. “How do we know our other partners?”

“I was getting to that part. I’ve done the pairing between seatmates and you will know today as I will instruct the head boy and girl on what to do.”

“Okay sir,” Ninu said and sat down.

He then explained the project which was each group picking a particular topic in physics and talking about it in full and stuff.

We would also point out the contribution of each scientist to that topic, dress like them if we have to. We would do all it takes to fully deserve and earn our full thirty marks.

Submission/presentation would be next term, next year.

Mr. Physics man left the class.

“Ouuu, too bad we don’t get to be partners,” Chidera cooed. “Now I wish I was your seatmate.”

Well, thank God, you’re not.

“Yeah, saddens me too,” Ore replied, but it felt fake.

“Me three,” Jeremy added and gave Joy a hug around her waist. “Don’t wanna be away from my baby for a second.”

“Stop being cheesy,” Joy said and flicked Jeremy’s head.

My guy did not even mind, he still kept hugging her. He’s totally whipped.

“Um, gotta make new plans with Ashley, later boo, later guys,” Chidera said, kissed Ore and waved at us.

Jeremy and Ore shared a look that I will never grab the meaning of and then Ore excused himself, probably to meet the physics man.

“Joy Anne, we need to talk,” I stated and gave her a look, then added, “later.”

Her face became red as she nodded. Jeremy looked between us and smiled goofily. I shook my head at him.

                  |ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ|

The next day at school, after assembly, Mary Belle told me the physics teacher wanted to see me. My friends left to the school hall for the day’s PEEP activity— Film Show. I was so looking forward to watching that movie, whatever it was but as it were, Mr. Physics man just loved to make my day.

Hint my sarcasm.

Anyway, I got to his office, which was located at a particular room in the physics laboratory. Knocked and entered. Ore and a student were there, about to leave the office.

Just before they left, Ore winked at me. I rolled my eyes and faced the teacher.

“Good morn__”

He cut me off. “Before you open your mouth, Jayeola. I want to let you know that I will not have you ruin my always perfect physics result.”

I probably showed a stunned expression because he said, “That’s right, it’s my result. MINE. For the past nine years, that is, since I joined this school, no student has ever had less than a C4. If I’d happened to notice anyone who would, I made sure he/she didn’t register physics for WASSCE. But for some reason, you escaped me and I only decided to be merciful because your chemistry teacher spoke well of you. So please do your best, which will never be good enough, to get at least a C, huh? That’s probably the best you have to offer, honey.”

I felt tears sting my eye. I kept mute and listened to the teacher’s heart wrecking words. They were worse than the voices in my head. And the worse his words get, the ones in my head take the hint and become even worse.

“Listen dear, crying will do you no good so get your sh— I mean, yourself together and pull your weight. Make that C, do your project well and we will have no scores to settle. You’re lucky you’re paired with the head boy so make him help you or something, don’t let me see any stupid grade less than a C, is that clear, Jayeola?”

I nodded and gulped down whatever was forming in my throat. “Y-yes s-sir.”

He sighed. “Get out.”

I held myself together and walked out of his office with my head down.

The voices came:

This is all your fault, dumb-dumb.

The teacher is right, your best in physics will always be the worst.

You are worse than a dull brain, accept it!

Accept it, Boluwaji!

ACCEPT IT!!!!!!

I screamed in my head.

I didn’t know where my legs took me but I found myself in the same garden at the back of the clinic that Ore took me to the other time.

The same place I’d cried my eyes out. And I was here doing the exact same thing, only this time, Ore was not with me.

DON'T ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hey guys!!!!!

How are you???

Happy Sunday - again😂

I don't know what's wrong with me oh but I've written this chapter since and didn't post it.

I actually wanted to do a double update because I kinda promised myself I'd write more than one chapter in a week. I actually did (praise God!😂) So maybe I'll update the next before midnight or early tomorrow morning.

I wanna speed up writing this book cuz guyyyyy it's taking too long😩😩😩😩

So pray for me oh.

Anyway, what do you think of this chapter???

Tell meeeeee!

Bolu is still as insecure as heck!

Mr. Noah is a 🤐🤐🤐🤐😤😤😤😤😤😤

I'm so angry I wanna flog him😤😤😤

Yes, I wanna flog my own character 😂😂😂

This chapter is short yeah, but as I already said, expect another update.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Last but not least:
Please pray for Nigeria, India(the country is dying) and also for the people in Palestine.

God bless y'all!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Ife

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 1K 35
Ten different lives. Two boys. One night that'll bring them all together. Sixteen year old Nosa is okay with being a loner. He doesn't have social a...
310K 14.6K 72
[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd get my Karma and that led me to you, baby...
45.3K 10.6K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
19.2K 6.6K 32
COMPLETED!! ONYX VOYAGE SERIES: BOOK ONE โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข ๊งโ„๐”ผ๐•Š๐•†๐•ƒ๐•Œ๐•‹๐•€๐•†โ„•๐•Š๊ง‚ It's a new year and everyone wante...