Last Summer: Vegas Baby

By NefieBolin

Love confessions, and surprise nuptials and heartbreak, but what if it happened a different way? Olivia left... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(9)
(10)
(11) Epilogue I
(12) Epilogue II
(13) Epilogue III
(14) Epilogue IIII

(8)

1.7K 45 25
By NefieBolin

Two more weeks had passed, and Spencer and Olivia still hadn't spoken. He had no idea what was going on with the pregnancy, or if it still even existed. She had completely isolated herself from him after their last conversation over text. Truth be told he was going a little insane trying to figure it all out. He just wanted answers but part of him believed he never would get those. In the meantime, he tried his best to focus on the things that he does have control over, his family and football. Spencer, Grace, and Dillon were sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"You're awfully quiet baby, everything okay?" Grace observed.

"I'm good Ma, just got a lot on my mind" He said while scrapping the fork around the food on his plate.

"Dillon go freshen up while I talk to your brother" His little brother nodded excusing himself from the table. Spencer placed his fork on the plate no longer wanting to eat. Grace angled her chair diagonally, so she was facing her son. She rested her hand on his shoulder lifting his head.

"Talk to me, what's on your mind?" He looked up at his mom.

"Ion know mom, it just feels like everything is...falling apart...the team is not doing so great, it's been really hard for me to get recruited for college and... then there's Liv..." He paused. Grace eyed him suspiciously leaning closer.

"Liv? What about Lay-"

"Layla? Yeah, that's over. But it's for the best" He sighed pushing his plate to the side.

"And Liv?"

"It's complicated..." He whispered folding his arms in slight defense.

"When you're in love it always is" Spencer's head shot up quickly in stunned by his moms statement. She smiled at his facial expression.

"You knew?"

"Boy, I was young once. I know what it's like to be in love, and you're my son. I notice things you don't think I see" He chuckled.

"What things have you noticed ma?"

"Hmm well for starters, you light up like a Christmas tree anytime her name is mentioned!"

"Nah! No, I don't ma" He lied trying to play it off.

"Nah!" Grace copied him sarcastically. They joined each other in a rumble of laughter, holding their stomachs and almost falling in their chairs.

"Aight ma you got me there"

"Mhm yea I know. Also, I see the way she looks at you. It's the same look I used to give your father and she smiles like a kid in a candy store whenever your name is mentioned, soo, I know love when I see it and it's pretty obvious with you two" She said to her son.

"I don't even know how it happened. The shooting changed things for us. We connected so deep over the summer, then Vegas happened, and it completely changed our dynamic. And as weird as it may sound...I'm crazy about her ma" Spencer revealed to his mother. Grace rested her palm over his.

"Listen son, I don't know what happened between you two in Vegas and the summer but what I do know is it has made you happier than I've seen you since you got shot. You have a light, but it's been brighter since her and I know things are complicated, but it won't stay that way forever. You have to figure out a way to make the love, not so complicated. Talk to her" She spoke.

"That's a lot easier said than done mom, she won't even answer my calls or texts" Spencer swore feeling depleted.

"Well, then find a way to get her attention. Give her a reason to answer. She's got a stubborn streak and that's' one thing I've learned after almost three years of knowing her, and she may just need that extra push from the man who loves her" He looked up nodding.

"& as far as the team, college recruitment, that'll come in its time. Everything happens for a reason son, we must go through it to get to the meaning. But no matter what happens, know you're a king who's destined for greatness, and anyone who says otherwise, isn't meant for your journey. Don't give up on your dreams and aspirations just because it didn't happen the way you planned it. Anything worth fighting for is worth keeping. Hear me?" She advised him standing up tilting his chin up. He listened to her words nodding his head again. Grace patted his shoulder before leaving the room to check on her youngest. Spencer grabbed his phone pulling up a new message to send her but hesitated and exited out of it putting it back on the table.

Meanwhile on the other side of town, Olivia and her only twin were taking a self-care day from school to get some sibling bonding time in. Jordan mentioned to his mom that his sister has been sadder and moodier in the past month and thought it would be a good idea to spend the day together to check in with her. Given her break-up with Asher recently, and the tension between her and Layla after telling her the truth about Spencer, his sister was going through it. Also, her and Spencer have gone another few weeks without speaking and he knew it was effecting her. Jordan hasn't always been the best brother to her and paying attention to her when it was needed and after finding her unconscious when she relapsed on pills, he's been working on showing up for her in any way that he can. They were posted at a neighborhood karaoke bar singing their hearts out to classics from Aaliyah while wearing matching shirts of hers.

"Aaaaand if at first you don't suceeeedd, then you can dust it off and try again, ya can deest ittt hoff" Jordan was singing to the lyrics on the screen as his sister sat watching him as he sung off-key and swinging his hips and pointing at the same time. She couldn't stop laughing at how bad his voice was. She sang to the lyrics herself in silence playfully pointing and laughing with him.

"Try again try again. Cuz if at first you don't succeeeeeeed" Liv dragged her voice silently giggling and covering her mouth looking at the screen.

"Guess what? Ya can dust it off and try...again ok that's it! That'll do" Jordan popped his collar before the music stopped and the song ended.

"I'm amazed you remembered that much!!" She squealed.

"Well considering that this was the same song you had me sing every time we've been here, I'm not that all surprised. Oh! We've got five more minutes left in the room-"She cut him off while looking down at his watch.

"Perfect! Enough time for me to sing one more song" She said resting her hands on the cushions lifting herself up before her brother delayed it.

"Actually, I was thinking we could just talk for a bit" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Here we go... Jordan, I'm fine ok" She sighed annoyingly sitting back down on the couch clasping her hands together crossing her legs.

"Yeah! Layla's still giving me the cold shoulder and...every run in with Asher is...awkward? To say the least, but I...am fine"

"Do you wish you were still with him?" Her brother pondered.

"Mmm nah, it's not like that. It honestly was inevitable, I just didn't expect us to break up the way that we did..." She said with sadness lacing her voice. She was head over heels in love with someone else but that didn't change her love and care for Asher. She loved him, just wasn't in love with him anymore. She never really was, not the way she is with Spencer.

"I mean if I'm being honest sis, I was never really a fan of ya'll, but the breakup did take me a little by surprise but after I learned why, not so much" Jordan made clear.

"Damn I had no idea you felt that way" She narrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Welp now you know but seriously though, I know that it was unfortunate but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Maybe it was a perfect storm of destruction to...allow you to put the pieces back together the right way" Jordan validated throwing some knowledge at his baby sister.

"Okay Jordan Pinkett! Look at you talking like an expert" She teased him laughing hard.

"What does that even mean?"

"Don't play dumb sis, it's not your forte okay. You know exactly what I mean, it's time you go for what Olivia wants, or...who. Have you talked to Spencer?" He was all smiles when he asked her this question and she just looked away rolling her eyes playfully at him. After the whole "Spencer is our brother" theory was thrown out the window, Jordan has secretly shipped him and his sister together and shed no tears seeing her and Asher break up.

"I haven't but it doesn't matter Jordan. There's no future for me and him. I mean look at all the damage we've caused with just one Vegas kiss." She described.

Olivia's POV

Okay it was more than one kiss and there's a baby on the way but that's beside the point. Too much has happened, we can't just go back now. If only Jordan knew.

Jordan leaned over relaxing his hand on her leg in comfort.

"Sis, I know your situation with him isn't ideal but it's not impossible to fix. Look at me and Simone, we made a very unpopular decision, but it worked. It turned out great. I've never been happier" He exclaimed talking about his elopement. She curled her lip as her eyes rolled in the back of her head.

"Have you forgotten that mom and dad still don't know? They are gonna kill you when they do especially mom when she finds out you forged her signature to make it happen" She fought.

"We'll cross that bridge my sis when we get to it, but in the meantime, you've got some bridges to mend" Ignoring her comment about his illegal marriage.

"Yeah...I'll reach out to Layla, eventually" She remarked.

"I meant Spencer. Stop avoiding him and just go and clear the air, once and for all. And after that, maybe you two can...dust yourselves off and try again" Jordan grabbed the mic singing off-key making her chuckle.

Later, that night, Olivia was sprawled across her bed reflecting upon her thoughts about life's current events. Her relapse, her and Spencer finally consummating their feelings for each other, the baby on the way and the fact that she wasn't speaking to the father. As hard as it was for her to admit, she was missing him like crazy. There have been times where she just wanted to pick up the phone and tell him she misses him and loves him, but her pride wouldn't let her. She missed listening to music together while riding in his car together, their mini road trips around the city, ice cream runs, beating him at scrabble and monopoly, and their movie nights where she'd always end up falling asleep in his arms posted on the couch. This baby would change a lot for them as well as their families and it was a lot to think about. Nobody knew about her relapse and even though she hasn't had a drink since she learned she's pregnant, the thirst and taste for it never went away. Addiction is and can be a powerful thing to overcome. Quiet as kept, Olivia wanted to get help, for herself first off because deep down she knows she needs it. However, her instant care and love for the baby and the father is the other reason behind why she hasn't given into the temptation to take a sip. She even emptied out all the bottles from her room and trashed her blue bottle, which was a start. She looked down at her stomach rubbing the small bump that was beginning to form. She smiled at the thought of how the baby was conceived and that prompted her to pull out her phone. She scrolled through her camera roll opening the album labeled "Us 💜". She continued to scroll until she came across a photo of them sharing a kiss by the pool and another with them in the pool, Spencer's arms protectively holding her waist from behind snuggling her neck and her giggling as their hands were entangled. A tear rolled down her cheek as she ran her fingers across the picture. She closed her eyes sighing deeply. Before she could exit out of the album, her phone buzzed alerting her of a message. She opened it.

Love of my life 💜: Livvy, you don't have to respond, I just want you to listen. I'm sorry for getting so angry with you last time we were together. I may not agree with your decisions but whatever you choose, I just want you to know, that I'll support you, no matter what. I don't know where we go from here, but I love you and I want to be here for you in whichever way you need me to be. That's all I wanted you to know.

Tears streamed down her face as she read the text over and over. She clicked on the thread and started typing while grabbing her keys, her coat, and her purse before walking out of her room.

Back at Spencer's place:

Spencer sent the text and noticed the three bubbles pop up letting him know she was typing. The phone dinged.

Liv 💜: You had every right to be angry with me. I was making the decision for both of us without considering how it might make you feel, and I'm sorry for that. I was freaking out and I panicked. But that's no excuse. I'm sorry Spence, I'm so so sorry...

Love of my life 💜: It's okay Liv, I understand. I'm scared too...

Liv 💜: You are?

Love of my life 💜: Yeah...terrified

Liv 💜: I never thought the infamous All-American Spencer James would be scared of anything

Love of my life 💜: All heroes fear something Liv, for me, it's losing you...

He was prepared to send her a whole other paragraph until a light knock at the door kept him from doing so. He got off his bed, shirtless with sweats headed to the door. He knew it wasn't his mom because she was staying at a friend's house for the night and Dillon was doing the same, so he had the house to himself until tomorrow. Another knock sounded and he looked through the peephole, couldn't see who it was. He turned the knob opening it and looked blankly as he swallowed hard at the person standing in front of him that he never expected to see this soon.

"Liv??"

"Guess we both share the same fear" Without a word she pulled him close hugging him tightly. He reciprocated wrapping his arms fully around her waist, hers around his neck resting her head on his shoulder. They stood in front of the door without a care in the world and held onto each other for dear life. Like they never wanted to let go. Spencer moved to pull away, but she pulled him back to her making him hug her even tighter.

"Don't let me go" & for the time being, he didn't.

Hopefully this makes up for the much shorter part 7! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section, light it up yall like you always do! 💜Chapter 9 coming up!  Finished writing the rest of the series last night, just have a lot of editing to do! Part 10 will have two parts and is the last chapter. Collide will have 10-12 chapters(depending on whether I want to extend it a little longer. 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 362 31
As Spencer navigates being single after his breakup with Alicia. He is now ready to start over with Olivia. It has been a few months since she conf...
34K 798 14
She knew she was in trouble as soon as she saw him at Jordan's engagement party. Olivia and Spencer have been separated for almost three years, but...
5.2K 99 32
Ethan was worried - where did Mia just disappear too. How could she do this to him. He thought they had something special between them. He had to put...
35.7K 1.2K 32
Everything started out wrong, but then Spencer and Olivia finally got things right. It was a whirlwind romance that led to a marriage at nineteen yea...