Crackerbox Palace

By PickleGirl58

While at a school for troubled teens, Taylor meets a boy by the name of George Harrison. While she'd there, s... More

Prologue
Chapter One: St. Matthew's school for Troubled Youth
Chapter Two: Hershey Kisses
Chapter Four: Voices in the Laundry Room
Chapter Five: The Beatles
Chapter Six: Wet in a White Shirt
Chapter Seven: The Fight in the Dining Hall
Chapter Eight: French and Algebra homework
Chapter Nine: Detention
Chapter Ten: Star Gazing on the Roof
Chapter Eleven: Drew
Chapter Twelve: The Plan
Chaprter Thirteen: Fighting
Chapter Fourteen: Mike's help
Chapter Fifteen: Heartbreak
Chapter Sixteen: George Decides to be Stupid
Chapter Seventeen: Make or Break
Chapter Eighteen: Shooting Stars and Wishes
Chapter Nineteen: Wishes that come True and Wishes that Don't...
Chapter Twenty: Leaving...
Chapter Twenty-One: Back to the Beginning
Chapter Twenty-Two: Surprises
Epilogue

Chapter Three: The Frog Prince & The Goose-Girl

236 9 2
By PickleGirl58

"And where's here?" I asked as Gerge and I walked toward a big, old-fashioned building.

 "This is the Library," he said, still being very shy around me. We walked inside and George put a finger to his lips. I nodded and gaped at the huge interier of the building. The book shelves were floor to ceiling and covered in books. I let out an involuntary gasp and George looked over at me.

 "Do you read alot?" he whispered. I looked over at him and nodded. He grinned and took my hand before pulling me through the big library. I giggled as we stopped near a bookcase of old hard back books.

 I ran my hand along the spines of the beautiful books. They were all Fiarytales like "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", and George bit his lip as he pulled out a big heavy book and handed it to me.

 "That one's my favorite," he said moving closer as I opened the book to the title page. "Grimm Fairytales" is what it said. I grinned and looked over at him.

 "Mine too," I said in a whisper. It wasn't until then that I realized how close he was standing. He turned a slight shade of pink, but neither of us moved. I moved my gaze between his eyes and his mouth. He swallowed hard and looked down at the book in my hands.

 "Which story do you like best?" he asked turning to the first story titled, "The Frog Prince". I shrugged and watched as he took the book out of my hands and sat down at one of the big oak tables.  I sat down next to him and he pointed to the title.

 "I like this one the best," he said. We both read the story in silence for a few minutes and when we finished I frowned.

 "How come the frog turned into the prince after the princess threw him against the wall?" I asked making a face, "I never understood that." I took the book from him and looked for one of my favorites.

 George shrugged, "I dunno, but it's my favorite because the frog can be happy too, even if he is a really a prince." he said, becoming shy again.

 I nodded in agreement and found my favorite before sliding the book back in front of him.

 "The Goose-Girl"." he said the title, "You like this one?" he looked over at me and I nodded.

 "Yeha, My mum used to read it to me when I was little." I said watching him carefully. He read the stoory quickly and when he finished he looked up at me and nodded.

 "That's a good one, I can see why you like it" he whispered. He looked at his watch, "hey do you wanna go get some lunch?"

 I hadn't even thought about how hungry I was until he mention it. George took my hand and I grabbed the book we'd been reading. He checked ot out for me and we went to the Dining Room for lunch.

 We got our sandwiches, some chips, and a fruit cup before going to sit outside at the picnic tables.

 "So," I said biting into my sandwich, "Tell me about these voices you hear."

 George froze in his place and looked at me blankly.

 "Y-You don't have to if you don't want to," I said reassuringly, "I'm just curious is all."

 George swallowed hard and nodded, "Well there's two of them." he said, "And sometimes they're really mean and scary."

 "Do you hear them all the time?" I asked trying to sound confident and not frightened for him.

 "Not all the time, but alot of it." George said looking a thim plate of food, "I don't now, and I haven't since breakfast."

 I nodded, "What do they say?" I asked chewing my cheek curiously.

 "They just try and convinse me to do things mostly." George said shrugging.

 "That sounds terrifying," I said, I myself now looking at my food.

 "Inly sometimes," George shrugged again and got back to eating his lunch. I found I was no longer hungry.

 After we finished lunch, george and I walked around for a bit. We ended up in the gardens and George seemed like nothing was wrong. He grabbed my hand suddenly and pulled me over to a big Magnolia tree.

 I grinned at him and let go of his hand before staring to climb the tree. I carefull climbed as high as I could before looking down at him with a grin. I giggled and he waved up at me. I tried to wave back, but I nearly fell out. He laughed and continued to watch me.

 "Are you coming up?" I caled down to him. 

 He shook his head, "No, I'm no good at tree climbing." he said. I shrugged and climbed back down. I slipped a little bit on the last branch, but George caught me and we both fell to the ground.

 "Sorry George," I said getting up off if him.

 He sat up and brushed the leaves and grass out of his hair, "That's alright Taylor." he said with a light giggle.

 We both leaned against the tree trunk and George looked over at me. I looked back at him and smiled. I picked up his hand and his fingers played with the ring on my middle finger. We both stared off into space for a few minutes until  the boy and the girl from supper the night before walked up.

 "Oh look," the girl said, "It's the new girl and the freak."

 "Hey!" I said snapping my attention to them, "He's not a freak!"

 "Aw look!" the boy said, "She has a crush on little Georgie!"

 "Go away Derek!" George said calmly. I looked over at him and saw his cheeks were red either from anger or embarrassment.

 "Aw, Derek look," the girl said with a cackle, "He likes her too!"

 "I'm warning you two!" George said through gritted teeth, "Go away!"

 "What're you gonna do about it if we don't?" Derek asked crossing his arms over his chest. George huffed and shot up off the ground.

 I followed behind him as he stomped up to Derek. I grabbed his arm.

 "George don't!" I said trying to pull him back, "You're just gonna get into trouble!"

 "You better listen to your girlfriend, Georgie." the girl said with a shrill laugh.

 George pulled his arm out of my grasp and Derek cocked an eyebrow at him. 

 "George, please!" I begged, grabbing his hand. He finally turned back around to face me and Derek and the girl laughed as they walked away.

 George was silent as he sat back down under the tree. I sat next to him and he took my hand again.

 "George?" I asked looking sideways at him. He looked back at me and swallowed hard. He strained a smile and gave my hand a squeeze. I sighed and put down on his shoulder, "Who're they?" I asked quietly. George rested his cheek against the top of my head as I pulled my knees to my chest.

 "They're Derek and Alicia Johnson." he said with a sigh, "Brother and sister; they're here because they witnessed their parent's murder."

 "Whoa," I muttered, Why do they pick on you?"

 George shrugged, "I'm easy to pick on I suppose." he muttered back. I looked up at him and he stroked the hair out of my face and sighed again. I gave him a small smile before he cleared his throat and stood up. I frowned as he pulled me up with him.

 "It's getting late, we should be getting back to our rooms." he said keeping his gaze on his feet. I nodded and took his hand in mine. His thumb stroked the back of my hand lightly as we started back toward the dormatories.

 When we got there, I opened my door and walked inside, pulling him along with me. I climbed half way up the latter to my bed and sat down. George looked at me blankly and I cocked an eyebrow at him. He yawned and we continued to look at each other.

 "Are you tired?"i asked him. He shook his head and we went back to looking at each other.

 "Do you have anymore chocolate?" he asked. I nodded and climbed the rest of the way up to my bed. He followed me and sat down at the end of my bed. 

 I picked up my baggy of chocolates, and handed it to him. He pulled out a few pieces of candy handed in eto me as he leaned against the railing of the top bunk. We ate our candy and watched each for a while.

 "Do you ever get scared when you're by yourself?" he asked as he played with the silver wrapping.

 "Sometimes I suppose." I said with a shrug. he took a deep breath suddenly and crawled up next to me, "Do you?"

 He nodded and I leaned back against his shoulder, "I'm always scared when I'm alone." he put his arm over my shoulder and I put mine over his waist.

 "I don't get scared, but I don't like being alone too much," I said cuddling his chest.

 George rested his chin on the top of my head and sighed.

 "How do you ignore the voices?" I asked him.

 "I don't," he said plainly.

 "Well maybe you should try," I said looking up at him.

 "Ok," he said looking back, "But what would I do?"

 "Think of something else," I suggested.

 "What should I think about?"

 "I dunno, What's your favorite color?" I asked biting my lip curiously

 George chuckled, "Purple; what's yours?" he asked.

 I giggled lightly, "Green and orange," I said, "Now back to you."

 He nodded, "Ok then, the next time I hear them I'll think about Purple." he said. I suddenly felt very sleepy and he noticed it, "I better get to my room."

 I sat up and let him down from my bed. He smiled at me before he left the room. I durled up under my covers and went to sleep,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 539 21
(Beatle Fan Fiction) "He sighed painfully and dragged a hand across the side of his greased up hair. I felt such pain of his, just by seeing his eyes...
52.8K 1.3K 41
Charli (Charlotte) McLeod and Paul McCartney grew up together and were each others first love. After Charli's extremely strict religious parents tea...
75.5K 3.7K 24
Clay had been closeted all his life and planned for it to remain that way. But, with having homophobic parents it was seemingly impossible to ever fi...
101K 3.8K 35
TRIGGER WARNING: contains homophobic slurs, alcohol abuse and NSFW content. ====================================== "Don't pass me by, don't make me...