𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑌𝑜𝑢

By hxrtqxq

When Sapphire moves from the hills of LA to Atlanta to get away from her mother, she gets tangled in a whole... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine

twenty six

6.3K 132 55
By hxrtqxq

Jahbari Micheals
"Na hol on.. lemme get this straight. You said she was bitching, grabbed her, and now you're mad?" Destiny says, a confused look on her face.

"I mean, yeah, but when you say it like dat it sound like I'mma abusive ass nigga" I refill my solo cup with some hennessy.

Me and Destiny were chilling in her room because Marcel was with his family in New York for the weekend.

"You did grab ha tho" she shrugs, sipping from her cup. "Mane fuck. What am I supposed to do shorty hasn't hit my line all weekend" I shake my head.

It was now Sunday afternoon, no one had heard from Sapphire since Friday night.

"So she hasn't texted you once since Friday?" I reassure and Destiny nods.

"I mean if I was was her I wouldn't hit yo line. But if I was you I wouldn't hit her line cause she was slight triflin" Destiny shrugs and I nod.

"Exactly. That nigga all up on ha and she act like she blind or sum" I shake my head.

"You know she'n grow up around niggas tho. You really her first real interaction with a nigga who interested in ha so maybe she actually don't know" Destiny shrugs again, taking another sip.

"Aye this ha right na hold up" I say, looking at the notification that just popped up on my phone.

'Li Bit 💕😩 posted on their story'

"Oh she just posted on her snap" I say, opening the snap. "What da fuck.." I lift my eyebrows, tapping through her story.

"Des look at this lil ass guh" I show her and her eyebrows lift too.

________________________________
Li Bit 💕😩

________________________________
Li Bit 💕😩

________________________________

"Des who da fuck she with right na" I ask and Destiny shrugs. "We haven't talked all weekend. Like I fuckin know" she shakes her head.

"Facetime ha. Right na" I say firmly. "Ight" she shrugs and I hear the phone ringing.

"She not answering" Destiny takes another sip of her drink as I start typing.
________________________________
You
wya.
Li Bit 💕😩
..why?
You
where are you at sapphire.
Li Bit 💕😩
out. what do you need
You
who you with rn
Read 4:13
________________________________

"This girl keeps PLAYIN" I throw my phone across my room and Destiny flinches. "Bro. Chill the fuck" she touches my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down but I shake her off, going to get my phone.

It had a crack on the side now.
________________________________
You
ion know why you playin like i won't pull up on yo ass n murk whoever tf you with.
Li Bit 💕😩
Attachment 1 Image

you gon shoot my daddy jah? 🤨
i been w him the whole time
You
oh. my bad
Read 4:20
________________________________

I clicked on the live photo and the sound went on. "Daddy say hi!" Sapphire laughs. "Didn't I tell you to get that damn camera out my face girl" Mr. Westlock responds.

I hear Sapphire laughing again before the photo cuts off. "She with ha dad" I shake my head, tossing my phone to the other side of my bed.

"Hol on she callin me. Act like you ain't here" Destiny says, accepting the call.

"Heyyy best" Destiny smiles, accepting the call. "Hey. Are with Jah?" Sapphire asks. "Nah. I think he sleep" she replies.

"He most definitely is not. Guess what this nigga just did" Sapphire shakes her head.

"What he do, best?" "Swear to god this nigga said that he gon murk whoever I'm with right now" Sapphire laughs.

"Who you with" Destiny asks and Sapphire turns the camera to her dad who was grocery shopping.

"Who is that?" he asks, coming up to the camera. "Destiny. Say hi" she gives the phone to her dad.

"Hey Destiny. Y'all should come over for dinner tonight" Mr. Westlock smiles. "No! Dad!" Sapphire says, trying to take the phone back.

Mr. Westlock keeps dodging her. "Yeah, and bring Jah too it'll be nice" Mr. Westlock laughs.

"For sure. What time do you want us over there?" Destiny asks with a smile on her face.

"Never! Do not come" Sapphire yells, still trying to take the phone back. "Dinner will be ready by seven so anytime before then works" Mr. Westlock says, pushing Sapphire away from him.

"Give me my phoneee Daddd" she whines, still reaching for it. "That sounds good. We'll be there at 6:30" Destiny hangs up the phone and snickers.

"Well shit" I laugh. "Sapphire gon be pressed as a mothafucka" she laughs.

Sapphire Westlock
"Dad you are so irritating" I say when the phone hangs up.

"I'm not sure why you're acting like you wasn't just telling me how much you felt bad" my dad shakes his head.

"Yeah, but he doesn't need to know that" I explain, shaking my head.

"Y'all are both overdoing it. You shouldn't have been overly friendly with that boy and he shouldn't have reacted the way he did. Period" my dad says, making the city girl's hand signal.

"Tuhhh. Alright" I shrug.

Two hours later, we're back at the house. "I'll cook. Go get dressed" my dad says and I look down at my outfit. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I ask.

"Put on something nice. We're having dinner" he says and I shrug, going up the stairs.

I put on the grey dress that my dad just bought me and post pictures on my snap.
________________________________
Your Story

________________________________
Jahbari 🕺🏾
Story Reply: mmm 🤤
You
thanks.
Jahbari 🕺🏾
you still mad at me?
You
slightly... are you still mad at me?
Jahbari 🕺🏾
slightly..
do you want me to come to the dinner because i don't want to make you feel like u gotta ttm
You
you can come.
and i want to talk to u
Jahbari 🕺🏾
ight. imma see you inna second we otw
witcho fine ass
You
okay ☺️
________________________________

I smile a little at his text and shut my phone off, laying on my bed. A couple minutes later, Destiny comes into my room, shutting the door behind her.

"Here. I thought you might need this" she hands me an opened coke bottle and I give her a confused look.

The look goes away when I open it, smelling the alcohol. "You needa go to rehab" I laugh, taking a sip before screwing the cap back on.

"Aye" Jah peeks his head through the door before coming in. "Wassup" he says, giving me a hug. "Hey" I hug him back.

"I'mma... go" Destiny sneaks out of my room and Jah sits next to me on my bed. "I'm sorry" he says, looking down at me.

"I'm sorry too. My dad was talkin about how I was being too friendly with Reece and I understand why you were frustrated about that. I would be too" I respond and Jah nods.

"Yeah but I shouldn't have been trippin like that. Or callin you out yo name. I won't trip about it no more. I trust you" he apologizes and I smile.

"It's okay. We was both triflin" I shrug and he nods. "We good?" he asks and I nod, laying on his lap. And for the first time since we started fighting, I meant it.

"I missed you" he says, looking down at me. "We haven't talked for a day Jah" I laugh. "That don't matter. Say, where my son at?" he asks.

"Sleep. What happened to your phone" I ask back. "I just dropped it" Jah shrugs.

Jahbari Micheals
*the day before*

"You know Sapphire gon get bent if she find out you doin dis" Destiny shakes her head. "Yeah facts" Kooda agrees.

"What happened between y'all anyway cause me and her was finna go shopping and she ain't responding" Des asks.

"I'a tell you later. She trippin" I wave my hand, dismissing the memories of the fight we had last night.

"Well text the nigga if you gon text him. Got me sittin n' waiting fa what" Kooda encourages.

"Mm. For the record I'm not agreeing with this" Des shrugs and I roll my eyes. "Mane fuck what you agree with this nigga been on my girl ass" I say, pulling out my phone and texting Reece.
_________________________________________
You
aye
Reece.
wassup.
You
back up off my girl folks
Reece.
wym. we just friends
You
fuck allat. j stop talkin to her
Reece.
u should tell ya girl to stop hittin my phone if she don't fw me
You
chill onnat. ion wanna beat yo ass but i will if i got to
Reece.
she yours ian got nun to do w that or y'all's relationship
You
ight bru just stay away from ha ofn
Reece.
she yo girl not mine
_________________________________________

"Hol on, but didn't you tell Sapphire they can hang out as long as you know where they're going" Destiny asks and I nod, turning my phone off.

"So then why you texting Reece. You acting like you'n trust the girl" Kooda chimes in and Destiny agrees.

"I don't trust the nigga. I trust Sapphire hell you talm bout" I lay down on my bed. "But you should trust that Sapphire wouldn't do nun with him" Des shrugs, walking out the door.

"Fuck that" I mumble, beginning to close my eyes.

*back to present*

Sapphire was asleep on my lap after about five minutes. "I luh you. You know dat?" I ask and she hums in approval.

"Mm. Good" I nod, rubbing her sides. Fifteen minutes later, Destiny comes in saying that dinner is almost ready.

"Get up li baby" I shake her slightly and she sits up, her hair a little messed up. "That dress is real distractin. Gon make me do sum to you" I say when she stands up.

"Youn needa stop" she laughs. "Mm. You was tired?" I ask and she nods. "Yeah. I'an sleep last night" Sapphire says, sitting next to me.

"Why ain't you sleepin for. I gotta come sleep witchu?" I ask, hugging up on her. "Preferably" she mumbles and I laugh.

"Ight. Then that's what I'a do" I laugh, leaning back so she's laying on the bed. "Mm. Yeah?" she asks. "Mhm" I hum, looking down at her.

"Aye whatchu want to do for your birthday" I ask and Sapphire shrugs. "I don't know. Food" she laughs.

"You want to do food?" I laugh too and she nods. "Ight we can do that baby" I laugh again and she pulls my face towards hers.

"Whatchu want?" I smile, looking at her again. "A kiss. I can't have one?" she asks. "Lemme sleep on it and I'll get back to you" I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"Jahbari, you play entirely too much. C'mere" she turns my head back to hers, leans up and kisses me.

"You barkin up the wrong tree right na with that dress on, Sapphire" I turn my head away from hers. "You want me to change?" she asks. "Nah I want you to take it off" I reply.

"Boyyy. Now get off me you done killed the vibe" she laugh, pulling me off of her. "I'm playinnn chill out" I laugh, sitting up.

"No you not" Sapphire laughs. "Yeah you right" I shrug. "Aye dinner's ready" Destiny says, closing the door behind her.

Sapphire sits up but I push her back down on the bed. "Can you st-" she whines but I kiss her before she can finish.

"You are so irritating" she shakes her head, walking out the door. "Mm. But you like me tho" I shrug, following behind her.

After dinner, we go back into her room. "Are you leaving Des?" Sapphire asks and she nods. "Yeah. Marcel just landed so I'mma catch y'all later" she waves walking out the door.

"So wassuppp" Jah asks, pulling me down into bed. "Bye Jahbari. I want to go to sleep" she says, pointing to the door.

"Ain't I tell you I was gon sleep witchu" he says, turning my light off. "Okay" she mumbles, scooting closer to me.

"I love you" Sapphire starts falling asleep.

A/N: heyyy y'all 👋🏾

what y'all think of this chapter?

y'all changed opinions yet?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396K 23.3K 49
AN URBAN NOVEL | Ace and America - A woman and a man with a close relationship can sometimes be hard to maintain, especially when there are so many s...
53.4K 4K 101
When you love someone, you tend to worship the ground they walk on. The sun sets and rises on that person with grace and it brings you peace. But whe...
99K 5.2K 15
Ray's world comes crashing down at the young age of 16. Her brother, her protector, gone. Shot and killed. Her mother, her bestfriend. Gone loosing h...
74K 1.9K 51
*Completed* No one takes what is the King's, especially his Queen. Being reckless and getting in trouble is kinda Hazel's thing, well that and a bunc...