The MAIN character

Por PetraDay

Olivia is the it girl. Definitely not your typical protagonist She has everything, she's popular, smart and... Más

•Authors note•
•I am the main character•
•New girl•
•He asked me what?•
•Finding Madison•

•OMG•

15 1 0
Por PetraDay

The weekend helped me to get my thoughts in check and I did that by treating myself to new clothes and my usual hair and nails appointment.

I've been so stressed out lately that I forgot to take a day off and just focus on myself.

The house was weirdly quiet and I even started missing the housekeeping crew who came to clean up the mess of the party this morning.

The sound of the vacuum and footsteps all over the house was oddly calming.

Madison tried to call me the whole day, which I ignored but later found out from Candice that she was embarrassed about puking all over the bathroom and wanted to apologize.

I didn't need her apology, as far as I know, she's dead to me.

Well not really, I was glad she thought I was mad at her because quite frankly, I had forgotten about the incident entirely.

Thankfully I didn't answer her unsaved number when she called so her thinking I'm mad at her was in my favor.

I drove all over town buying new clothes and shopping for dresses in case the one my mom brings wasn't "the one"

I walked into a random boutique to see the latest dresses when my phone started to ring 

"Hello?" I answered

"Liv, you will not believe what I heard" Candice exclaimed in my ear

"What?" I replied dryly

"Roy asked Madison to the dance" She informed

What?

"What?" I almost laughed

"Yes! At the party last night"

"And?" I replied

"And what?" Candice asked

"And did she say yes?" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh" Candice laughed "of course its Roy"

"Ugh, he's probably doing this to get back at me for not going with him" I replied with a chuckle

"You think so?" Candice asked stupidly and I rolled my eyes

"Yes Candice, he's my ex-boyfriend"

"I knew that!" Candice replied with a giggle

"My question is, why did Madison agree to go with him if she knows he's my ex"

"You think she knows?" Candice asked, uncertain.

"Duh, we spoke about him like 2 days ago" I rolled my eyes

"Oh yeah, that's weird"

Indeed. I hung up after we said our goodbyes and headed straight home as the sun began to set.

I was surprised Roy asked Madison to the dance.

It was obvious he was doing this to get back at me and quite frankly, I didn't even care if he went with Madison but it did show Roy in a different light.

He was petty.

The whole Saturday consisted of calling my mom multiple times to arrange for my dress  and catching up with school work and occasional phone calls between Candice and I

Kylie was being distant. She didn't reply to our group messages or text me once and I wondered if I had touched the last nerve.

I didn't care though, all she has to do to get me out of her face was to stop hanging out with me and that...would be very hard for her.

I didn't mind her little tantrum, she will be back soon.

***

"Dad, max wants to tell you something" I announced during dinner.

Mom and dad came back early Sunday afternoon and also fetched Max from our aunt.

Max couldn't look up from his plate of food because he was too nervous about what he was about to tell dad but I encouraged him to do it.

"Yeah sure, what's up buddy?" My dad leaned in from his chair and gave max his full attention.

My mom was casually eating her steak with her fork her knife, watching the situation closely.

"Dad" Max started slowly "remember the project I have this Friday..." he dragged his words.

He was so cute.

"Oh yeah buddy, I even got this..." My dad smiled and stood up, rushing to the living room and coming back with a dorky old school mayor hat and a fake mustache.

"Good afternoon, I'm Mark Jacobs, one of five running for mayor this year, and let me tell you about the cities biggest playground we are planning on building if I get elected!"

My dad role-played and I wanted to cringe but most importantly I wanted max to not back down on his decision

"Yeah Dad, that looks pretty cool but please have seat" I looked at Max and winked at him

Dad made his way back to his chair with a confused expression on his face.

"What's going on? Why aren't you excited max?" My Mom asked curiously

"Again, let Max speak without interruptions okay?" I looked at my mom and winked at her.

Everyone agreed and Max started to slowly explain to dad that he wanted mom to show up for his project

"What?" My mom and dad said at the same time

"Oh honey, me? I'd be honored" My mom stood up and went over to give max a hug "why didn't you tell us sooner?" She squeezed him tight

"I thought Dad would be mad" Max mumbled

"Nonsense" My dad replied "your old man would never be mad at his little boy" My dad smiled happily at max

"See I told you" I cheered for Max. He looked happy and relieved and I was honestly proud of him.

"Now we're even" Mom cheered too and we all laughed

***

"I heard Roy asked you to the dance" I addressed Madison during lunch on Monday morning.

"Yeah, I know he's your ex but—"

"Hey, that's totally fine. I don't like him anyway so it's okay if you go with him" I added quickly

Madison has been feeling very melodramatic since morning and I think it's because everyone knew about her incident at the party so she was feeling self-critical and extremely conscious of everyone looking at her.

Even her nerdy friends avoided her. I guess they didn't know their little friend had a wild side.

I wanted to feel bad but it was very hard to summon those emotions since I didn't care if she was embarrassed at all.

At this point, dropping her out of the group would be a good thing. No old friends, no new friends, and most importantly NO  Zack!

I was surprised that Roy didn't pull out on his revenge date with Madison after the news broke out but I guess he wanted to prove a point by this and for that;

+1 Roy

When lunch was over, I had science with Madison.

Zack was the only person who spoke to Madison despite the word on the hallways. They quietly spoke to each other as they worked in pairs for the science experiment

Even though they spent a few minutes talking, I wasn't as threatened as I was before.

Madison carried herself like a broken record, wishing and hoping a fairy Godmother would magically appear and make the news all go away.

So pathetic.

When class was dismissed, Zack waited as everyone left the class.

That was strange.

I walked past him and a cold hand grabbed my wrist tightly. I looked down at Zack who asked me to follow him outside.

I was confused but I still did

"What?" I demanded when we were outside.

"Madison is going to the perfect dance with your ex?" Zack asked bluntly

"Yes" I replied firmly

"Why would you do that? He's your ex-boyfriend" He said as if it was a crime.

"So?" I started "are you jealous because that would be pathetic"

"Excuse me?" Zack said taken back by my statement

"You heard me" I looked into his ocean's eyes without looking away "why don't you ask Madison all these questions? You sit next to her"

"You're the one who told me you got her a date, so why is it your ex-boyfriend?"

"before you embarrass yourself, remember, it takes two to tango, and Madison wasn't forced into anything, and quite frankly Zack, I think she likes Roy so save your tears for the pillow," I said and walked away.

I was frustrated.

He cares about Madison but that shouldn't be my problem.

I didn't answer anyone except my teachers or my family and I wasn't going to start with Zack because I had a crush on him.

I walked towards my next class which was GYM

With Zack.

Great.

We were doing dodge ball today and I was the team captain.

I picked the preppy kids who were athletically built and strong on my team while Zack was stuck with the nerds

My team played exceptionally as I guided them on what to do.

Zack threw the first ball as hard as he could and I quickly hit it right back with the same force.

We then went back and forth on each other until I threw the ball accidentally but on purpose a little too hard, resulting in Zack falling to the crowd and hitting a nerdy boy with his elbow.

I laughed

"Okay okay, that's enough" Mrs coz blew her whistle and stopped the game.

"Are you okay? Take him to the nurse" Mrs cox instructed as the boy got up with his nose bleeding slightly.

Zack escorted him to the nurse's office while everyone went back to the changing rooms to get dressed up.

I was happy, my team won and I got the last laugh. After I got dressed, I made my way out of the change rooms and headed for my locker to get a few books.

"The dance is over"

I heard the voice and immediately closed my locker and looked at Zack

"No Zack, the dance isn't over because you decided to not show up but okay, we'll miss you," I said with my usual forced smile

"You don't care about anyone do you?" Zack asked

"Besides my family, yes I don't. I hope it's not a problem" I stated and walked away.

I was defeated but I had to hold my dignity.

***

"Roy pulled out on the dance?!" Candice exclaimed, looking back at Madison on our ride to the mall.

About time.

Wait what??

Madison nodded slowly at the back seat and I almost swerved into the wrong lane.

What? Why?

I had so many questions I wanted to ask.

"Oh my god! Why?" Candice asked and I was thankful I had her with me, Candice love for the latest gossip was my life savor.

"I dunno, I didn't hear it from him" Madison replied softly

"Who did you hear it from?" Candice asked

"I don't know his name but he had curly brown hair and was wearing those bumper jackets"

"James?" Candice looked at me for confirmation "that's James right?"

"Yes" I nodded and Candice exclaimed dramatically

"Oh my god, I'm calling him, I can't believe that," Candice said while fishing for her phone in her purse

"Stop" I looked at Candice "it doesn't matter, we will turn this into a girl's perfect dance" I announced

Candice furrowed her brows with confusion

"What about your date?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes

"I never had a date, Candice, I'm not buying into this system of going with shallow boys to the dance. This is high school, I want to be all boys clear" I said proudly even if I hated that I was going alone.

I couldn't believe I was going alone for the first time in never and now Madison not having a date only meant one thing.

"Zack asked me to the dance though" Madison informed.

"What?" Candice and I both said at the same time, causing me to halt the brakes of the car.

I looked around and noticed Madison looking at us with wide eyes.

"Candice, why did you scream like that? I could've made an accident" I looked to Candice angrily

"Zack asked her to the dance" Candice replied as if I didn't hear it too.

"I know, I heard" I replied with a sour face then continued to drive to the mall.

"Didn't you say he had a date?" Candice turned to ask Madison who shrugged her shoulders slightly

"Yeah I was confused too" She replied softly and I rolled my eyes

I couldn't believe this was happening to me.

Hi

This is getting intense. My fingers wrote these chapters, let's see what will happen next.

Let me know what you think of the book so far! <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

106K 3.2K 31
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
339K 13.3K 140
"𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖...
748K 2.7K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
1.1M 62.5K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...