Incapable of Love | IwaOiKage

By Boke_Beany

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. S... More

I'm Strong, Right?
Why am I Surprised?
Who is He?
Screams and Shouts
Seijoh Match
Cuts
Grocery Shopping
Candy
Sleepover
Nekoma
Cherries
Rewritten
All Their Fault
Memories
We Will Win
Aftermath
Impress Me
Hikaru
A Glance: Kindaichi
Christmas Special
The Week Isn't Over Yet
Picnic
Ferris Wheel
Alone
"Tsukki!"
A Glance: Yamaguchi
"Tobio?"
Goodbye
What They Asked For
Epilogue
...what's a Goody Two Shoes?
A Glance: Rei Ikumoto
Inevitable Announcement

Ignore It

7K 272 335
By Boke_Beany

Before u read this- pls answer the feedback chapter ^^ it helps me alot

Uh- THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT LIKE 4 DAYS AGO BUT I REALIZED I SKIPPED WRITING THE SEIJOH MATCH AND THAT TOOK TOO LONG WGFUYWGF Anyways, uh- Happy Eid to those who celebrate it! This is kinda late, but eh- (enjoy Kags in a baju raya but 2021 version ^)

(I know this is an IwaOiKage fic, but I would like to propose, IwaYama. I've been thinking about this ship on and off for the past few months but forgot about it until I rewatched the second season to write this chapter. I mean- the tension on court when Yamaguchi comes in to serve and Iwaizumi's determination to stop him is 🥵, trust me, ep 21 and 24. If you notice it you CANNOT unsee it. Honestly, if any of you know those twitter au fics on instagram, I used to have 2, both of which went pretty unfinished. My second one was supposed to have IwaYama)

____

Tobio fidgeted with his fingers, he knew why his boyfriends called him there with a more serious tone than usual. Spring Interhigh was a few days away, and with the possibility of them playing against each other, they had the sort things out. Hopefully. Maybe.

Ayu-san put a glass of milk in front of Tobio, which he took, grateful. "Hajime said you like milk, no wonder you're so tall", she said, ruffling Tobio's hair. "Ah thank you.."

"So, why are you here, Tobio-kun?"

"Uh, Zumi-san and Kawa-san asked me to meet them."

Ayu-san hummed, taking a seat beside Tobio and sipped her tea. "Zumi-san and Kawa-san hmm? I thought you were using first names?"

"Ah- I just wasn't sure what to call you and it would be confusing and-"

"It's fine! You don't have to be tense with me."

Tobio nodded, embarrassed.

"How are you today? I heard your training goes until late, then again Hajime and Tooru get home later than you somedays," she sighed fondly. The handle rattled, and the door cracked open.

"We're home!"

"Welcome home, is Tooru with you?" Ayu-san asked, standing up, Tobio following behind.

"Yup, hai Ibu. Tobio?"

Iwaizumi placed a small kiss on Tobio's cheek, Oikawa following behind, also placing a kiss on Tobio.

"Ayu-chan!! Miss me?" Oikawa said, fluttering his eyelashes. "Of course, Tooru-kun. I'll let boys have some space. Call me if you need anything." Ayu-san said, walking upstairs.

"Tobio, come here. Don't be so tense." Oikawa whined, making grabby-hands at Tobio. Tobio sighed, relenting, and plopped himself onto Oikawa's lap. It felt nice.

Oikawa hummed, resting his chin on Tobio's head. Iwaizumi had a fond smile on his face. (No Tobio was not blushing shut up.)

"What did you call me for?" Tobio asked, nerves getting the better to him.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa seemed to share a look, before looking back at Tobio.

"As you know, Spring Interhighs are close.. and in the event of us going against each other..."

Tobio gulped, "You want me to put up a block?"

"What-" Oikawa screeched, hands tightening around Tobio's middle.

"No!" Iwaizumi yelled, making Tobio flinch. "We promised you that we'd never, make you put on a block on. We're keeping that promise!"

Oh.

"Thank you... Tooru, Hajime", Tobio mumbled into Tooru's chest. "Sorry... because I didn't trust you would keep the promise..."

Tooru stayed silent, rubbing Tobio's back. Hajime sighed. "Please Tobio, please trust us? Fully?"

Tobio nods, slowly but hesitantly. "I'll try my best.. I promise, for us."

"For us."

They never did finish the talk about Interhighs.

_______

It has been a rough few days.

After the initial matches against Johzenji, Karasuno went back to Tokyo to train more.

And they did it, they managed to get the new quick down.

Tobio even got to meet the Old Coach Ukai, who he found out has been training with Hinata and Tobio couldn't be more jealous.

The main matches were hard to, especially Wakunan South, when Daichi had to go out because of an accident, but Ennoshita was there, and thank god he was.

(That's why he's Tobio's favourite but don't tell anyone)

They were against Aoba Johsai next though, just how the three expected.

God, Tobio was nervous.

_______
The crowd was loud, ringing in Tobio's ear.

"Make sure they hear you!" Daichi yelled.

Karasuno yelled their affirmations, staring their warm-ups.

Tobio watched as Seijoh got ready to, before making a serve.

The ball landed in- Seijoh's side.

Ahah.

Tobio went up to the ball, when a hand also grabbed the ball.

Tobio's eyes shot up and-

Tooru.

"Well, well.. If it isn't Tobio-chan, who was miserably defeated last time."

Tooru on the court is always the same.

Tobio and Tooru fought for the ball, smiling through the annoyance.

"We've come to win this match."

"I depressed the hell out of you last time. All that's left is that bastard, Ushiwaka."

The ball suddenly felt light, and Tobio fell onto the ground, Tooru laughing and huffing.

"I'm gonna have you get out of the way again, Tobio. Hahaha! Take that! Hahaha!"

Tobio ignored Tooru's annoying(ly cute) laugh, walking back to his team to warm up.

"Hey Kageyama." Hinata mumbled, and Tobio turned his head.

"Huh?"

"Was that guy on Seijoh's team before?"

Tobio saw.. Kentarou? Tobio didn't know he played volleyball, much less got to Seijoh. Then again, Tobio did see him talk with Tooru and Hajime the first time they talked with him, when he just went back from buying cherries. Speaking of those, Tobio didn't even get to try the cherries that day, he got so distracted by the confrontation that he left the cherries by the shoe rack for day, and by the time he remembered about them, it was because of the horrible stench from the moldy cherries.

"Who knows". Tobio replied, not really paying attention.

And so the match began.

The captains went up, shook each others' hands.

Karasuno received first.

The teams lined up, and Tobio stared at Tooru, then at Hajime. He let out a small smile, before focusing back to the match.

"We're the ones that are going to win this match." Hinata said suddenly. Tobio eyed Hinata for a second, before focusing back to Seijoh.

"Yeah."

They were going to win this.

__________

"Oooohoooohhhhhooh Seijohhh"

"Seijoh!"

Tooru started the match with his signature serve.

"Nice serve!" Kindaichi yelled, and when Tobio expected the rest to do the same, Iwaizumi yelled out, "Shoyu!"

Followed by the pink haired guy yelling out, "Tonkotsu" and the big eyebrow guy from the sidelines yelled out, "Tantanmen!"

What the--

"Do you want me to get it over, or miss?!" Oikawa whined, but went back to his serious demeanour. Tooru threw the ball up, and slammed it down.

Daichi went to receive the ball, bringing it up.

Tobio could see Tooru and Daichi exchange glares.

But- the ball went over the net.

Kindaichi jumped to push it down, and Hinata jumped to block. The ball still went down, but Tobio managed to receive it with one hand.

He got the first touch though.

Nishinoya jumped from behind the line, setting the ball to Asahi, who spiked it.

First point for Karasuno.

Next to serve was Tobio, who served it near the line. It looked like it was going to go in when- it went out.

Fuck.

"Don't mind! Don't mind!"

Point for Seijoh.

Iwaizumi served next and- since when did he know how to do a jump float serve?

Asahi received, but the ball went too long.

"Sorry Kageyama!" Asahi yelled, and Kageyama jumped, trying to set it. Kunimi was on the other side of the net, trying to hit it down.

Tobio managed to set it toward the back, Tanaka spiking it. Point for Karasuno.

A few rallies went by, and the point was now 6-5, Karasuno leading.

Hinata switched back in, with Tsukishima up to serve.

Tsukishima served a normal serve, Seijoh's libero digging it up pretty easily. The ball went to Tooru, and he set it to Hajime. The ball went down, but Daichi managed to dig it up. Tobio focused on the ball, already seeing Hinata coming. He slammed the ball, but Kindaichi blocked it.

Another failed quick.

Tobio watched as the ball went towards the back, falling down when-

Tsukishima received it.

The ball went up, but to Seijoh's side.

"It's coming back! Move back! Move back!" Hajime yelled out, and Tobio got ready for a block beside Hinata.

The setter could see the irritation coming off from Hinata.

He was so worked up he didn't see the block.

Tooru saved the ball, getting the first touch.

"Damn it, I'll get it next time!"

Tobio needed to make Hinata focus. How-

Tobio kicked his ass, literally.

"Calm it down- uh... you dumbass!"

The ball went to Seijoh's libero, who sent the ball to Hajime.

Tobio jumped at the same time as Hinata, getting a one touch on Hajime's spike.

Asahi received it cleanly, and Hinata ran up for a spike.

This was it, they could do this. They have to do this.

The quick had to work.

Tobio could feel the team's anticipation, the support they radiated.

Hinata jumped, and Tobio sent a quick. Kindaichi jumped, just like he did that day. Just like when they lost last time.

But Hinata angled it, avoiding Kindaichi and hitting the ground.

They did it, point for Karasuno.

Hinata was vibrating with excitement, but then-

"You kicked me for real you jerk!"

"I woke you up, dumbass!"

"What'd you say-"

Asahi came up from behind, holding Hinata back from "attacking" Tobio.

"Calm down guys."

Karasuno got another point, when Kunimi managed to spike the ball down.

Hajime served, full of power-

-into the net. I mean, point for Karasuno.

__________

The point was now 18-17, Karasuno barely in the lead.

Kindaichi served, aiming for Tanaka, who managed to get it up.

Hinata went for a slide hit, but the big eyebrows guy followed him, forcing Hinata to hit it in a narrow line and Kindaichi receiving the ball, already waiting.

Seijoh spiked it down, earning a point.

They've already thought up a way to counter Hinata's slide hit.

___________

The score is now 23-22. Tooru's serve.

Tobio saw the serious look on his face, this was going to be a string one.

(Even Hajime covered the back of his head just in case)

The ball went up-

-and it already slammed into the ground, no one could even move.

Tobio realized how far behind he is.

The stadium was silent.

Beep.

It was out.

Thank god.

"Lucky, lucky! Let's get another one", the captain said, but Tobio could see how tense he was.

They were at set point.

It was now Tobio's turn to serve.

It won't be easy to get it over. Don't put too much strength into it. Our team is strong when all six of us are strong. That's what Hajime said a lot back then.

The ball flew towards Seijoh's side, but the libero dug it. Tooru set the ball to Hajime, who avoided Daichi's block, scoring a point.

"Stay calm!" Daichi said, clapping his hands, "We're going to get this one!"

Karasuno was prepared, but then the whistle blew. Seijoh was changing a member.

Tobio looked to the sidelines to see- Kentarou?

Kunimi went out, and Tobio could see Tooru's frustrated? or unsure expression. What Tobio was sure is that Tooru himself wasn't too confident.

Kentarou stepped onto the court, and he had a more serious expression than Tobio has ever seen him.

"It's that guy from earlier." Hinata mentioned.

"Kentarou-kun..?" Tobio whispered out, it was odd seeing his neighbour in Seijoh's jersey.

Tobio saw Tooru talk to Kentarou, seemingly serious.

"Maybe they're just trying to strengthen their left block", Daichi suggested, "Make sure your spikes don't get caught".

The game continued.

Hajime did another jump float serve, to which Daichi managed to pick it up, but it was short.

Tobio set the ball to Tanaka, who spiked, but Seijoh got a one touch. The libero easily got it up, sending the ball to Tooru. Kindaichi approached, ready to spike it-

-but Kentarou pushed him to the side.

Pushed.

The ball slammed down with a loud bam!

Point for Seijoh.

God save me.

Tobio did not expect that. Karasuno didn't even have a chance to move.

Fuck-

The whistle rung. It was out.

Karasuno won the set.

Kentarou muttered a small sorry, as if he didn't just throw away the set for Seijoh. Tobio could see Tooru's face, his expression a mix of confused, shocked, and plain what.

Tooru looked conflicted, when Hajime hit Kentarou on his head.

"That's dangerous!!!"

"Yeah! That's it! That's how you start!"

Tobio giggled at Tooru's cute behaviour.

___________

The next set began.

Hinata walked on the court, Tobio following.

"Ah, the guy from earlier is there. He's starting this set."

Oh, Kentarou's in the starting lineup.

"Since he's replacing Kunimi he must be smart", Tobio suggested, he didn't really know Kentarou, they've only talked a few times (and bonded over how loud Tooru was, that should've made Tobio connect the dots about where Kentarou studies).

Karasuno huddled around before the set began.

"We're gonna take this momentum and run with it!" Daichi said, "We're going to win this set too!"

"Yeah!!"

Asahi was the first one to serve. The ball went up, and it slammed down.

Out.

"Damn it! Sorry!" Asahi sighed.

"So close, you'll get the next one!"

"Don't mind!"

"Your face is scary!" Daichi yelled.

"What did you say-"

Tobio smiled.

Tooru served next, but Nishinoya called it out, and it did.

Point for Karasuno.

Tsukishima served next, making the ball hit the net. Iwaizumi dived in, digging the ball up.

There are three attackers on the front line... Who's it gonna be?

"Mad Dog-chan."

Open from the right?!

Kentarou ran up, basically parallel to the net.

That was one of the sharpest cut shots Tobio has seen.

"Mad Dog is amazing!!" Hinata awed.

__________

Kentarou is like a double edge sword. He scored as much as he lost, and Tobio was impressed.

The point was 16-13, with Aoba Johsai ahead of Karasuno.

Sugawara was sitting on the bench, ready to be switched in.

But not with Tobio.

Oikawa did a jump serve, and Tobio didn't even have a chance to blink before it hit the floor.

The second serve hit the net, and it bounced up. A chance ball.

Nishinoya managed to dig it up last second. Tsukishima passed it to Tanaka, who managed to get a block out.

Suga switched in with Tsukishima.

Suga went up to Tobio, whispering his plan.

"Suga-san nice serve!"

In moments like those, Tobio is reminded about how amazing Suga is, the precision in his serves were amazing. Suga managed to serve right in front of Kentarou, causing him to get the first touch and making him late to attack.

The ball went back to Karasuno's side.

Suga and Tobio changed places, with Suga setting to Tobio, who did a straight right beside Seijoh's block.

Point for Karasuno.

"N-nice kill.." Hinata grumbled out.

The point was now 17-16, they were catching up.

After a short break, Suga was up to serve again. This time however, the pink haired guy quickly came forward to receive it, giving Kentarou the opportunity to go up to attack.

Kentarou spiked, another point for Seijoh.

Suga switched back out.

__________

The second set was going badly.

Tobio wished he talked to Kentarou more, maybe he could've warned the team beforehand.

Seijoh was so close to winning.

The score was 23-19, and Karasuno finally got a point.

Hinata was about to serve, when the whistle blew again.

Yamaguchi switched in.

"Yamaguchi! Score 10 points!" Tobio heard Hinata yell, to which Yamaguchi replied, "That would end the game.."

"I'd forgive you."

Yamaguchi smiled.

"N-now go ram the ball up their fat noses!" Tanaka stuttered nervously.

"Y-yeah! And try to keep your cool!"

Tobio looked to Yamaguchi. "Just get it over."

"Over the net", Tsukishima added.

"Give it your all", Daichi said reassuringly.

The first serve was right behind the line. Point for Karasuno.

They got 5 points in total with Yamaguchi's serve, 3 of which were service aces.

Karasuno was now at match point.

Yamaguchi served again, but Seijoh's libero got to it. The ball went up, and Tooru set it to Hajime.

The ball flew across the court, and Yamaguchi got to it, but it still went out.

Match point for Seijoh.

Goddamnit.

Karasuno got the next one, which made them at match point, but Seijoh easily won the point back.

Tsukishima scored the next point, but again, Seijoh got it back.

Then it was Tooru's serve.

Fuck.

Tooru threw the ball in the air, his form was amazing. His hand swung down, slamming into the floor and ricocheted off, slamming into the spectators above.

Tobio sucked in a breath. How could he be so good?

Seijoh was now at set point.

Tooru served again, but luckily Daichi was able to receive it. The ball went up, so close to the net that Kindaichi was able to hit it down. Tobio managed out a gasp, but Tanaka was there to get it back up.

Tobio jumped, setting to the ball to his left. Asahi hit it, but the pink haired guy was there. Both Kentarou and Kindaichi went up to serve, but Tooru set the ball to Hajime, who hit it from the back. Tobio could see the trust they had.

The ball hit the floor. Seijoh won the second set.

__________

"Just get it up. Get it up, no matter what. Then, someone will connect." Coach Ukai was obviously nervous, but at the same time Tobio could see his confidence in the team.

"RIght!"

"If an enemy you must defeat one day is called an archenemy, then for Karasuno, Aoba Johsai is indeed that. You are going to be the ones who are going to win this battle against your archenemy"

"YEAH!"

Daichi spoke up, "The final set.. We're going to surpass Aoba Johsai. We're going to surpass them with this team!"

The team put their hands together, "Karasuno, FIGHT!"

"FIGHT!!!"

The set started with Asahi serving, which Kentarou received. The ball flew to Tooru, who swiftly sent it to Hajime. Daichi got to it, but the receive was off.

Seijoh got the first point.

Tooru's serve next.

The ball went towards Asahi, who managed to get it up. It flew back to Seijoh, Kentarou doing a direct hit, barely missing Tanaka's arm, and scoring another point.

It doesn't seem so good.

Tooru served again, but Daichi dived, digging it up. Tobio set the ball to Tanaka, who sent the ball to Tanaka. Tanaka slammed the ball through Seijoh's block.

Kentarou seemed oddly mad with Tanaka.

____________

The point was now 7-6, with Aoba Johsai just barely leading.

Asahi got a no touch service ace, ball just barely on the line.

Despite Tobio's social skills -or lack thereof- he was pretty observant on court. Tobio could see Kentarou grow more and more irritated as the set continued.

Asahi served again, but uh- Makki received, and Tooru set the ball to Kindaichi.

Seijoh got the point again.

Tooru was back serving, but it went up. Tsukishima spiked, Tooru getting to the ball. Iwaizumi sent the ball to the front.

"Kyoutani, get the last one!"

Kentarou spiked-

-only to be blocked by Tsukishima.

Seijoh called for a time-out.

_____________

11-12, with Seijoh closing in.

In that time, Kentarou had been subbed out for a while, but was put back in.

Tobio didn't know why, but the last point Kentarou scored, Tobio saw this- this look of surprise when the team huddled around him. And Tobio, his heart, felt a pang. Because he used to be like that, or at least close enough, to where when he suddenly had a team again, after middle school, it felt so foreign.

Huh.

"Sorry, I'll get the next one!" Daichi said, and Tobio snapped out of his inner turmoil. Right, he had his own family, Karasuno. He wasn't alone.

Maybe he should really talk to Kentarou more. But that's for later. Right now, the match.

_____________

After a court change, the game continued.

Kindaichi spiked a pretty far ball, and Tobio felt another pang in his heart, because he knew, he knew, Kindaichi could hit sets like those, but damn his terrible social skills and anger issues because he couldn't tell that to Kindaichi properly. But of course, Tooru could make the middle blocker do it. Why did Tobio ever think he could catch up? Tooru was already so far out of reach.

No, Tobio had to step out of it, Aoba Johsai were already leading, even if it was by one point. Every point counts.

Tooru served again, sending the ball to Karasuno. Nishinoya received it, but the ball went over the net. Kindaichi and Tsukishima pushed the ball, but with Tsukishima's towering height, he easily pushed it into Seijoh's side. (Off topic fun fact: Kindaichi is a mere 0.3 cm shorter than Ushiwaka)

Tsukishima was up to serve,, with Nishinoya going out and Hinata coming back in beside Tobio.

Tobio focused his attention to Seijoh, but Hinata spoke up.

"The Great King really is amazing. You're lucky to have him as a soulmate."

Tobio ignored the soulmate part, distracted by the first statement.

"Do you really understand what you said?"

"I can at least tell something is amazing about him."

Tobio knew. Tobio knows.

"But!" Hinata yelled, making Tobio flinch.

"If I'm here, you're invincible!"

That- That meant a lot.

But-

"All of your spikes kept getting picked, so what are you talking about?"

Tobio could feel his soulmarks tingle slightly, more his right then his left.

Is Tooru ok?

Tobio did a quick peek and saw the captain glaring at the tiny middle blocker in front of him.

The whistle blew, so Tobio had to get back to the match.

___________

Seijoh is at match point.

And Tooru's up to serve.

The ball went up, and Tooru's hand slammed down. Tobio watched as daichi, full of determination, ran to receive it. And he did, the ball went up.

Tobio quickly set the ball to Asahi, who slammed it down.

Seijoh was still at match point though, but Karasuno was only a point behind.

The next point was heavy Karasuno. Nishinoya was out, and if they lose the point, they lose the game.

They couldn't take any chances.

Sugawara subbed in to serve, Tsukishima out of the match.

Sugawara high five-ed everyone, including Tobio -who'd've thought a few months ago Tobio didn't know how to high five. Suga leaned into Tobio's ear, whispering his plan.

Tobio walked to his position, turning to see Hinata concentrating.

How is he able to concentrate so intensely towards the end of the match?

Though it's just his concentration!

Tobio subconsciously glared at Hinata, to which Tanaka was confused by. "Eh? Why are you picking a fight with Hinata?"

The match resumed. Suga served, but it was easily picked up by Hajime. Kindaichi approached to spike, but Tobio could see that he was just a decoy. Tooru set the ball to Kentarou, and Tobio jumped to block.

Tobio thought the ball would go through, afterall, Tobio did a one man block and Kentarou was pretty strong. At the last moment, Hinata jumped up too, slamming into Tobio's side.

That fucking hurt.

Tobio heard faint curses, no doubt Hajime and Tooru feeling the pain as well.

The ball ricocheted back to Seijoh's side, hitting the ground.

The rest of the team was busy celebrating Hinata's block, but Tobio was in pain.

Tobio mustered all he could to glare at Hinata, who had some decency to look remorseful.

"I- I feel bad! I swear!"

Tobio ignored the middle blocker, focusing on the match. They were tied, it's a deuce.

Suga served again, and like before, Hajime got it up, but it was off.

Tooru set the ball to Makki, who spiked the ball. The ball got through the block, and it almost hit the ground, but Suga rushed in, diving to get the ball. The ball went up, but since Suga got the first touch, they couldn't do another synchronized attack with Suga as the setter like last time.

"GO!" SUga yelled, and the rest of the team ran up for a synchronized attack. Seijoh looked ready, keeping their eyes open to see who would spike. Tanaka and Hinata were in the front, while Daichi and Asahi were in the back. Who would it-

-Tobio did a setter dump, catching Seijoh -and Karasuno- off guard.

The ball was so close to the floor, but Tooru ran up, desperately trying to get it up.

"You little brats!" Tooru yelled as he dived in, merely missing the ball. Karasuno got another point.

Tooru looked up, making eye contact with Tobio. His gaze was sharp, and Tobio felt himself flinch at the aggression in those eyes.

Tobio could feel his right soulmark burn slightly.

Suddenly Tobio's team was surrounding him, cheering out loud. But Tobio could only focus on Tooru's gaze.

The whistle blew. A time out.

___________

Suga bounced the ball a few times, before throwing it up into the air. He hit the ball lightly, making it fall near the front. Hajime received it, but it was off balance. Tooru sent it to Kentarou, but his spike was received by Tanaka.

Sugawara and Tobio switched places again, swiftly doing a synchronized attack, Asahi spiking it from the back. Makki received it, but it was way off, going out of the court.

Tobio watched as Tooru ran after the ball, raising a hand, pointing to Hajime. Tobio understood, Tooru would always go to Hajime when backed up to a wall. Tooru turned midair, setting a super long fast set from outside the court, aiming straight for Hajime. Tooru fell onto a table, but Tobio didn't have time to feel sorry because Hajime jumped out to spike. Tobio jumped to block, but he was off. Thank goodness, Daichi was there to receive the ball, but it went off.

Tanaka was there, sending the ball back to the front.

The ball seemed to go towards Seijoh's side, but Asahi hit it from the middle of the court.

The ball fell, and Seijoh's libero barely got to it. The receive was off, the ball went it the net.

Tobio thought that was it, but Kentarou managed to get it back up.

The ball went above the net, and Tobio went to spike it. Kindaichi was there, and the ball rebounded, going back into Karasuno's side. The ball hit Suga's forehead.

"Give it to me!" Hinata yelled out, making a running start. This was it. They could do this.

Tobio ran to his position. This angle, this moment. The ball flew towards Hinata, and stopped right in front of him. Hinata's palm met the ball. It hit Kindaichi's hand slightly, making the ball fly at an angle.

Tooru missed the ball.

_______

Tobio could feel his heart pounding rapidly against his chest. He could feel a warmth enveloping his body, no doubt his teammates, but he had no idea which it was. Tobio's ears were ringing, but at the same time he could hear everything. Sweat trickled down his jaw.

They won.

Adrenaline pulsed through his veins. They had won.

Tobio fell to his knees, panting. Suddenly everything felt hot and sticky, his jersey felt like it was glued onto him. Tobio ripped off his wristband.

Wristband? Why was he wearing a wristband--

("Instead of blocking the bond, maybe we could just cover it up? So we can't see each others' feelings?" Iwaizumi messaged.

"I forgot to say this that day, we kinda got distracted."

"Oh, I think that's fair." Tobio wrote, noting in the back of his mind how odd it felt to write on his arm, as he'd only done it a few times before.

"Okie!! Good luck Tobio!" Oikawa wrote, and Tobio fell asleep.)

Right, Hajime! Tooru!

Tobio's eyes immediately snapped upwards, searching for his boyfriends.

Were they happy for him? Proud? Are they sad? Angry?

Tobio met eyes with Tooru and for a split-second Tobio could see what was the same expression Tooru gave him that day he almost got hit. It was gone in a flash, replaced with the back of Tooru's head, Hajime next to him. Walking away.

Tobio didn't want to know if his brain meant it literally or figuratively.

Both teams bowed, shook each others' hand. Tobio tried to make eye contact with either of his boyfriends, but both of them avoided it.

They were upset, Tobio knew.

They just needed time. They'll talk to him again.

Everything is fine.

Right?

___________

Tobio let themselves down in the feeling of victory. It was scarier than the other option.

Coach immediately got to work, discussing tactics against Shiratorizawa. Tobio took it all in, anything, anything, to distract him from his soulmates. His mark keeps changing from blue to red to random colours.

Tobio wants to write something to them, anything. Ask them if they're fine.

You know they're not. You just took their final chance of Nationals.

No, shut up.

Focus, it'll be fine.

____________

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

He can ignore the uncomfortable weight on his chest.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

He can ignore the fact that his soulmarks seem to fade.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

He can ignore the pain the wall caused.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

It'll be fine.

Ignore the wall. Ignore the wall.

At least they didn't break their promise. Tobio wasn't the one who put up the wall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 416 15
(DISCONTINUED) 'A young girl has just been living her life normally; until she turned thirteen--the age where you can find your soulmate. That was w...
399K 16.3K 45
Y/N l/N was your average girl. She had good grades. Good group of friends. She was happy and cheerful. And she had wonderful parents. But that all c...
98 3 15
Another story with the Soulmate AU where instead of having the first thing they say tattooed on each other, they have a random sentence that the pers...
136K 5.2K 31
DISCLAIMER IS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NEVER BE FINISHED What happens when you have a soulmate? well, you love them with everything you've got, of course...