My White Knight ✔️

By mikywaymidnight

What would you do when the happy bubble you lived in for the past 25 years gets popped? Do you wanna know wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank You 🖤
Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)
Bonus Chapter
Lies and Love (Next Book)

Chapter 15

1.2K 120 60
By mikywaymidnight

Andrew

"Ms.Abrams, you can leave. I won't be working this weekend and neither is Jameson. So you can take a rest and have some fun maybe." I told her, closing the last file by signing it.

Ms.Abrams is a small petite girl with thick-rimmed glasses, always shy. Theresa told me that she was in desperate need of a job, so I made her my secretary even though we didn't need one.

She has been working really hard, I know it's her first month, but she looks like she has no social life.

And I don't believe in being rude to people, mostly the ones you work with.

I finally closed all the deals, completed the paperwork, and leaned back on the chair. Just a few more documents to be signed and we will be good for the day.

"Thank you, Mr.Jones. I will take leave then." She said and got up from the chair and left.

I walked to Jameson's room, whose head is buried in the computer screen.

"Dude! I am leaving. Are you not done yet?"

"I have to sign a bunch of files for the merger. I also have to finalize the new bid with the State and with Apple." He said looking back and forth from his screen.

"I already checked the bids, go ahead and sign them and I also completed the paperwork for our new branch in New York. Just relax."

"You are my savior man! I've been drowning with work ever since we came back from California. I haven't had the chance to go to the hospital." He sighed.

I went to him to sit with him for some time and cheer him up. I know he has his legs on 3 boats sailing in completely different directions. That's the reason I step up when it comes to Global Tech. We have already expanded Global Tech to 27 states her 10 countries and now we are marking New York too.

"Relax! When are you starting for New York?" I asked him to divert his mind from work.

"We will be there at the party and then fly back. Maya's strict warning was to interact very less with you and Divya, so you can have more time together."

"She is being a baby along with all of them, it's like I have 4 kids. Last week they all ganged up on me, made me take them out at midnight for a drive."  He said with a smile glued to his face.

Amaya is the only person who can put a smile on his face. I stayed there talking to him, till he signed everything and completed all his work.

I drove back to my house, I will be staying with Divya and Amar tomorrow, just the thought of spending the next few days with her elates me. I fucking love her and I can't seem to get her out of my mind.

After confessing my love to her, she avoided me like a plague for a month. I didn't know what to do that month I felt like I made a mistake by telling her but at the same time, I couldn't refrain from doing that. She deserves to know my real intentions.

But ever since we met at the hospital, she changed. She is letting me in, small gestures like letting me stay at her place, and hugging me are enough for me. I'm going to glue her broken heart back, make it mine, and protect it like it's a treasure.

I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 PM, I picked up my phone and called her.

After my little staycation at her house, I feel like we've gotten closer than we've been in the last 3 years. I wish I could've done this earlier she would've been mine by now.

Oh god! I am addicted to her, her smell, her smile, her anger, and every single thing about her. Loving her is the drug that keeps me alive.

"Hello," She said in an angelic voice making me feel alive.

"What are you doing? Did you pack everything? Our flight is at 4:30 early morning."

"I packed and we are so excited to see New York. I made a list of places to visit." She started listing out all the tourist spots in New York and I smiled at her enthusiasm.

"I will show you the real New York, not a tourist one," I told her and she hummed her response.

"How was your day?" She asked me

"Busy! I can't spend the whole day with you and Amar tomorrow. I have some work to do at the New York branch. I will drop you at my house and then meet you for lunch." I told her feeling bad that I had some work to do leaving the love of my life all alone.

"It's okay, Amar and me will catch up on some sightseeing. I would love to go to Central Park."

We talked for an hour, she updated me about her hospital work and all things about Amar lying on my bed.

This is how my life has been, I talk to her every day after coming back and eat dinner, and some days if she is home I will just go there.

I woke up got ready and picked up Divya and Amar who is sleeping, We got into my dad's plane. After landing in New York my driver met us at the runway and drove us back home.

Divya and Amar were sleeping soundly on the plane, so picked up both of them one after the other and placed them in my car and then on the bed and left to the office to complete all the work before they woke up.

After finishing my work by 10, I reached my home, the place where my mother and I used to live with my father.

After my father remarried I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted my mother to be the only woman in this house. So I asked my father moved away with his family to another house.

It was filled with laughter resonating through the house after a really long time and the smiles belonged to Divya and Amar who are talking to Linda. Her laughter is something I would listen to every second and never be bored. I wish I could return home to the same sounds every day of my life.

"Drew, You are back!"Linda said as soon as she saw me walking into the kitchen.

Linda is the caretaker of this house, she has been with my family ever since I remember. I went in and hugged her. She is like a mother to me, she took care of me better than my father ever could.

"I see you've met each other," I said looking at Divya, Amar, and Linda.

"We did, Sit and join them. I made your favorite breakfast sandwich with a cinnamon roll." Linda said and walked away into the kitchen.

We all ate breakfast together, I gave them a house tour, and then we went out to Central Park skating Rink, We had so much. But, we had to be back home by 1 as Divya had to get ready.

I bought Divya a big ball gown for the event, she is the host's date. She is gonna be the highlight of my evening. I wish my mom met her.

I'm so excited to look at her in the dress. I even arranged stylist to get her ready. I hope everything goes great tonight.

After dropping Divya at my home, I went to my father's house to meet Hannah and Madeline to check up on them because I know my father won't be there at this time being busy with the event. Hannah was really excited, she wanted to meet Amar and the kids so I told Madeline to drop her off with Linda for the night.

I drove back home took a quick shower, changed into my plaid suit and pants, and sat on the couch waiting for Divya to come down looking into my phone, and completing some documents related to the merger with Elite.

I've been going to this event for the last 7 years, but I feel nervous for the first time. Maybe it's because this will be the first I am taking a date with me or is it because Divya's the girl I am taking? I kept tapping my shoe to the floor not able to the tension in me.

"Mr.Jones, We are done and we are leaving." Emily the head stylist said after clearing her throat.

I nodded at her and looked up the stairs for Divya.

As soon as my eyes found her.

My heart skipped a beat and raced to a million miles per minute, my breath hitched and my knees felt weak. Everything else except her blurred out and it felt like she was walking in slow motion.

Her hair with luscious locks at the end flowing down around her slender neck, Her eyes which speak volumes filled with confidence, those glossy lips with a smile playing on them, and her nose, everything looks perfect. This is how I want her to live. Royal like a queen, my queen.

She makes me fall in love every single time I see her.

And that dress hugging her body like a leech, I wish I was her dress so I can be close to her touching like that. 

Oh great! now I am jealous of her dress.

"Do you want me to change?" Divya asked me in a scared tone.

I opened my mouth to protest but I couldn't speak a word. Why is my throat dry?

Pull your shit together man, give her an answer.

"NOO! You..you look. You put me out of words. I don't know what to say." I scratched my head in embarrassment and took a few gulps while she laughed at me.

Her smile is like a melody to my ears, showing her pearly white teeth. 

She makes me feel like a horny high school kid, talking to his crush, stuttering, and not knowing what to say.

I mustered up all the confidence I could and walked to her.

"You look like an Angel, I wish you could wear something like this every day. Don't ever hide that beautiful smile from me." I whispered in her ear and took her right hand and placed a wet lingering kiss not breaking any eye contact.

I would love to have her in my arms and never let go. I don't want to take her to the gala and expose her to the world of preying men.

"MAMA!"

We heard Amar yell and broke our eye contact.

She gave him another heart-squeezing smile while he ran to her from Linda's hold.

"You look pwetty, like a princess." He told her as she picked him up in his arms.

Even Amar told her she was pretty, what was wrong with me? I should learn from him.

"Linda! Take care of him. Jameson, Amaya, and Madeleine will come by and drop others too." I told her as Amar and Divya were talking to each other.

"She is a great girl Drew. She is lucky to have you in her life. I am glad you found your peace finally." Linda said to me as I was looking at Amar and Divya.

"I am lucky to have her, Linda. I hope she accepts me soon." I told her and myself.

"Shall we go?" She asked me coming forward passing Amar to Linda.

I nodded like a child and walked with her to the Limousine. We reached the venue which is a minute's drive from Times Square. I could see and hear all the paparazzi waiting outside clicking pictures of people going in. I looked at Divya, who has a panicked look on her face.

I forgot to tell her that this is a high-profile event where all the celebrities, mom's coworkers, and all the top businessmen of New York attend too. Hence the paparazzi.

"Trust me!" I told her and gave her my hand.

She thought for a second and placed her beautiful soft hand in mine.

I got out of the limo and helped her out. Here comes the hard part.

"Don't look up, don't interact. If you feel uncomfortable close your eyes and trust me to get you into the room without any interruptions." I whispered to her and pulled her face into my chest, covering her face with her hair, so no one can see her face completely.

She gently nodded and took a few deep breaths near my heart.

I don't want people to bother her outside, that's the least I would want for her. I held her hand tight waiting for the blinding flashlights shower.

Here goes nothing.

"Andrew"

"Andrew"

"Mr.Jones"

"Who's the girl with you?"

Divya clutched my shirt tight at that question and I started walking faster holding her by the waist, which fits perfectly in my arms.

"A few more steps and we will be done," I whispered in her ear and she nodded

"Show her Mr. Jones."

"Where is Jameson?"

I gave them a final smile and walked in the doors. That was the hardest red carpet walk ever.

I looked at her face buried in my chest, her eyes closed one hand clutching my shirt. She looks so vulnerable but strong for not running away and walking with me.

"We are in," I told her and placed a kiss on her head not able to hold myself looking at her like that.

She opened her eyes revealing her brown orbs, looking at me like I am the most precious person in the world. I wish she could see me like that forever. She pulled herself away from me and adjusted her dress.

I held her hand and went into the elevator with my chest filled with pride, and a smile on my lips, that she trusts me enough to close her eyes and walk with me.

We reached the closed rooftop and looked at the people who are already there, the room is already half filled with people.

I could see my father and Madeline talking to some old people, I hope I could dodge Divya away from my father. I don't want him to meet her.

"Hi, Andrew! How are you doing and who is this beautiful lady?" John a friend of my dad asked me, looking at Divya and scanning her.

Keep your eyes away from her you stupid old man.

"I am fine John! How's Athena doing?" I asked him with a coy smile playing on my lips. Athena's his wife who according to everyone is a really controlling woman.

The smug look on his face disappeared at Athena's name and he excused himself away from me.

" Why were you so mean to him? He seemed nice. He even complimented me." Divya asked me slapping my chest.

That old man was eye raping her and she thinks he is nice.

Did she not look herself in the mirror before coming in?

Does she not know how beautiful she looks?

I wish I could make her see herself through my eyes.

"I don't like him."

That was the only answer I could give to her and looked at my glass of water.

"Divya! How are you? You look great. Nice dress." Madeline told  Divya tapping on her shoulder as I was sulking that she was happy with that old man's compliments.

"Hello, Mrs. Jones! I am good Thank you. You look beautiful too. How are you? How is Hannah?" Divya started questioning her.

My mind got stuck on Mrs.Jones, That was supposed to be my mother, not her. I want to yell at the world that Moira Jones is the only Mrs. Jones. I started to accept Madeline as Hannah's mother, not my father's wife, She will never replace my mother.

I felt someone place his hand on my shoulder and looked at the person I was trying to avoid standing right before me.

My father, Theodore Levi Jones.

I stood up straight and stiff in anger looking at him.

"Did you really think you would leave New York without meeting me?" He asked me with a smirk looking at my pale face.

"A boy can wish!" I huffed turning away from him.

It's been more than a year since I saw his face, he looks old and tired, but there was no end to his witty charm.

"Hello Dear! I am Theodore, Drew's father. You look heavenly, Now I know why my son is smitten by you?" He introduced himself to Divya who is standing beside me.

She blushed red at his compliments.

"Hello, Mr.Jones. I am Divya." she smiled at him, holding his hand.

"Call me Theodore. Don't mind me asking, what do you do Divya."

"I am a Trauma Surgeon at Global Care." She said with pride at her achievement.

Can he leave already? He hasn't been here for 2 minutes, he already made her blush and feel proud of herself. This stupid charm of his is what made my mother go crazy over him.

"Awesome! you should come along with Drew for Dinner at our house tomorrow night." He invited her before she could answer I stepped up.

"We can't, We have some other things planned. And my name is Andrew for you." I answered him calmly and hissed at him at the last part.

"Ignore him, Theodore, he is being a baby. We would love to come by for dinner." She replied to his invitation, shoving away my words to the trash can.

"Divya, we are not going there," I announced to her and everyone.

I found my father and Madeline with sad faces and Divya with an angry look on her face.

"Excuse us please." She said and dragged me by my hand 2 feet away from my father.

"Andrew! stop acting like a baby. We are going and that's final. I don't want to hear any more snide remarks from your mouth. Do you understand?" She commanded me like I was Amar.

No one ever yelled at me when I was mean to my father. And look at her going all commando over me.

I don't know why but I liked her bossing me around.

I quietly nodded yes and followed her back.

"We will be there by 7," I told them to which they gave us an all-tooth smile.

What did I get myself into? 

Oh God! please stop me from doing more stupid things for her smile.

I hope everyone liked Andrew's POV.

Do you feel Andrew and Divya getting closer?

I am trying to show all her small changes, that she is no more the quiet girl who can be stepped on.

Don't forget to Comment and Vote.

If this reaches 1k, I promise to give you another update.

Keep dreaming. Till then

Toodles

Love,

Sneha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.3K 14
"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband. Do you promise to love him, honour him, comfort and keep him in sickness and health, for ri...
3.3K 248 31
Sneak peak: "How can a woman be so selfish?? Until yesterday she was with another person and today she's ready to marry me.. I can't believe this...
139K 6.2K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
77K 9.7K 52
A girl... who got pregnant at 24... Left alone in this cruel world by her people... her mistake was to fall in love with a man who was already marrie...