Sweet Dreams, Hot Scenes [kag...

נכתב על ידי bo-love

Hinata is tired and broke. Raising his younger sister on his own, he feels alone, depressed and helpless. He... עוד

Prologue: Tragedy
Chapter 1: Tired
Chapter 2: Scenery
Chapter 3: Regrets
Chapter 4: Daydream
Chapter 5: Choice
Chapter 6: Date
Chapter 7: Games
Chapter 9: Altercation
Chapter 10: Finally
Chapter 11: Involvement
Chapter 12: Fallout
Chapter 13: Plan
Chapter 14: Reunion
Chapter 15: Persuasion
Chapter 16: The Bet
Chapter 17: Truth
Chapter 18: Attack
Chapter 19: Confrontation
Chapter 20: Courage
Epilogue: Dreams

Chapter 8: Volleyball

489 21 8
נכתב על ידי bo-love

When Hinata got home from work on Friday, he found Kageyama sitting on the stairs in front of his apartment wearing gray sweatpants and a tight fitting navy blue t-shirt. (Didn't he ever give Hinata a break from drooling over those amazing pecs and arms?)

Kageyama grinned at the redhead and pulled out a volleyball from behind him. "Since we only have a couple of hours, I thought maybe we could go to the park and I could give you some tosses."

Hinata's face lit up, "Yeah, that would be awesome!"

Kageyama said, "Go change. I'll grab some meat buns and milk from Ukai's store and we can bring them with us. I'll meet you down there in five minutes."

Hinata grinned again as he made his way back to his apartment to change. Part of him was a little nervous about playing volleyball again. He had avoided, as much as possible, thinking about volleyball over the last couple of years, trying to not dwell on what he couldn't have anymore. What if playing some tonight made him miss it too much? He debated that for a few minutes while putting on sweats, a baggy white t-shirt and his volleyball shoes, but decided that even if it did make him miss it more, at least he would feel something, some joy, even if it was just a short time. And he figured he deserved a little joy once in a while.

He met Kageyama out in front of the store and they started to walk to the park. After briefly stretching, Kags starting setting for Hinata. Kageyama's first impression was "Shit, he can jump really high! Damn." Then he observed, "He's so fast. I can imagine blockers have a hard time keeping up with him."

Then, Kag's final thought was that Hinata looked like an angel in heaven when playing. He looked so happy and excited, so energized, that smile shining brightly. Kageyama's heart might have skipped a beat or two while watching the small redhead do his thing. He was really impressed with his skills, and also found him incredibly adorable when he was playing.

Hinata was also pretty impressed with Kageyama. His sets were very precise, and he had no trouble reacting to Hinata's crazy unexpected moves. Hinata felt comfortable playing with Kags, and yes, incredibly happy to be doing this again. He knew he was grinning like an idiot, but he couldn't help it. This. This was good.

After a while they took a short break to have a bite to eat.

"This is great, Kageyama. Thank you so much. I like being with you. You make me forget my problems."

Kageyama's smile faded a bit and he was suddenly eyeing Hinata intently. "What problems, Hinata?"

The redhead shrugged and turned away slightly, determined to not ruin the cheerful mood he was in. Kags tried again. "What are you hiding?"

"It's nothing. It's just... you're leaving soon, to go back to Tokyo."

"Yes, I am."

"When?" Hinata asked.

"Probably Sunday."

"Oh," was all Hinata said, thinking Two days. That's it.

"Is that what this is? That you are afraid to get too involved?"

"Yes. No. I don't know. It's just ... complicated."

Kagaeyama waited silently to see if Hinata would speak again.

Hinata looked out at the trees and pondered for a moment. He was thinking that Natsu had a birthday party to go to tomorrow evening. She would be leaving around five o'clock and had planned to stay overnight at the friend's house.

"Tomorrow," he said, making the decision. "How about tomorrow I make you dinner at my place and we have a quiet night in. And maybe if I drink enough I'll tell you some secrets." Hinata looked a bit mischievous at that. Kageyama nodded, one side of his mouth lifting slightly.

After a minute, Kageyama asked, "So, can you cook?"

"What?"

"Can you cook? You said you'd make me dinner. So will this be a treat for me, or a punishment?"

Hinata laughed. "Because you beat me yesterday, I'm going to dodge that question and leave you wondering."

"You're a pretty sore loser, you know."

As a response, Hinata stuck his tongue out at Kageyama and bounded away from him, back to the net. Kageyama got up to follow him, grinning like a school boy. Hell, he felt like a school boy. When was the last time someone stuck their tongue out at him?

Kageyama caught up with Hinata after a few seconds. Hinata was laughing again and Kags was mesmerized, feeling the need to smile himself. He had a momentary panic when he realized he might be falling for the energetic sunshine boy.

"Your laughter is infectious, Hinata."

"It is, huh?" he answered with a bit of sass.

"Yes. And your smile is beautiful." Hinata briefly averted his eyes from Kageyama's face and lowered his head in the hopes of hiding his blush. Kageyama continued, "And very kissable."

By the time Hinata's eyes returned to Kageyama's face, he had closed the short distance between them and kissed him, briefly, but deeply. It was enough to make Hinata's heart pound in his chest.

Hinata replied "You look pretty good when you smile too. And I'm a sucker for blue eyes," he said teasingly.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What else are you a sucker for? That information might come in handy in the future."

"Let's see. A handsome face..."

"I've got that," Kags teased.

Hinata tsked him and continued, "is not important to me.". he finished while enjoying Kageyama's affronted glare.

Hinata continued chuckling, "I like someone who is kind."

"Check."

"Someone who is a good kisser," he continued mischievously.

"We've already established that." said Kageyama, a little too proudly.

"And the most important quality is... modesty," Hinata finished triumphantly.

Kageyama laughed deeply. "Oi, you got me."

They played for another hour or so but soon it was time for Hinata to start back home. They gathered up their things and began to walk, quietly at first. They were both pretty tired. After a few minutes, Kageyama said thoughtfully "Hinata, can I ask you, you're really good. Why didn't you go back to volleyball? I know you said money was an issue, but I'm shocked you couldn't you get some kind of scholarship."

Hinata looked down at the sidewalk as he debated what to say. He figured he had come this far, had revealed enough about himself to this guy, that he might as well lay it all out there. He was leaving in two days anyway. Did it really matter one way or another?

Hinata hesitated while trying to find the words. "It's not just me. It's my sister. Natsu. She's why I have to be home early tonight."

Kageyama was a bit confused, "Your sister is coming to visit you?"

Hinata smiled sadly, "No, she lives with me. She's twelve. I take care of her. Well, we take care of each other."

All at once, Kageyama's brain processed the information and he suddenly understood everything he had been wondering about the redhead. He looked at Hinata, with sadness in his eyes, but Hinata was looking back with a bit of anger.

"Don't look at me like that. Like you pity me. I don't want your pity. I don't want anyone's pity. That's why I didn't tell you before."

Kageyama replied softly, "I'm sorry. I don't pity you. But I do respect you. That must have been, this must be, really hard for you." Hinata just nodded curtly and continued walking, but Kageyama was still thinking.

"Where has Natsu been the last few nights? And what about tomorrow?"

Hinata answered, "Obaasan, Suga's grandmother who lives across the hall from you, has watched her for me the last couple of nights. But tomorrow Natsu is going to an overnight birthday party for a friend, so no babysitter needed." Kageyama nodded, feeling one one hand, sad to learn about Hinata's situation, and on the other hand, happy that he will have Hinata to himself all night tomorrow.

They walked the rest of the way back in relative silence, each lost in thought. When they arrived back at the apartment, the mood was subdued. Their time was over, and neither particularly wanted to part at that point.

"Tomorrow, right?" Kageyama asked as they stopped in front of Hinata's door.

"Yes, definitely. Six o'clock?" Hinata answered.

Kageyama nodded and moved toward Hinata, making the shorter boy's heart skip a beat.

"Are you going to kiss me goodnight?" Hinata asked teasingly and a bit breathlessly.

"Do you want me to?" Kags asked quietly, his voice like a caress.

"Yes. I might even kiss you back."

Kageyama took his time approaching Hinata. They were standing close so that their bodies touched lightly, yet neither made a move right away, only stared into each other's eyes. Hinata began to get restless as he waited and his pulse began to quicken as he felt the heat from Kageyama's body. Impatient now and tired of waiting, he grabbed at Kag's shirt, pulling him in to initiate the kiss.

Kageyama was in heaven. He was turned on by the force with which Hinata grabbed him. He let him lead, though, let him set the pace, and it was exquisite. On their own volition, Kageyama's arms moved around to Hinata's back and waist and he pulled the redhead against him with a bit of force. Hinata moaned softly and kissed him more fervently.

After a moment Kageyama broke the kiss to plant kisses on Hinata's chin, near his ear, and down his neck to his collarbone. Hinata moaned again and Kags felt himself growing hard with desire. He worked back to Hinata's soft lips and was desperately devouring them. Hinata was kissing him back with abandon as his hands moved over Kag's buff chest and up around his shoulders. They were both breathing hard as Kageyama managed a tortured whisper. "Hinata, you're killing me here."

Hinata shivered with excitement and lust, and his body had almost convinced his brain to say yes, but reason slowly emerged through the fog of his passion. "I can't. Natsu will be home soon. Tomorrow."

Kageyama closed his eyes and tried to regain control of his raging desire. Could he wait one more day? Could he survive? Damn it, he would have to. He planted one more hard kiss on those soft lips and reluctantly stepped away.

"Tomorrow."

Hinata nodded and Kageyama left. Neither one slept very well that night.

* * *

It was just after five o'clock Saturday. Hinata had spent the day much as he always did – running errands, cleaning, and spending time with Natsu. He had just brought her to her friend's house and was finishing getting ready for his date with Mr. Hottie.

He was going casual again but wanted to look nice, so he dressed in fitted jeans that he knew showed off his ass, and one of his nicer t-shirts. He was shoeless as he prepared dinner, again, a simple one because he really couldn't cook, though he doubted Kags would mind.

Although Hinata had been up most of the night, restless thinking about one black-haired, blue eyed god, he surprisingly did not feel tired and instead felt energized and excited for Kageyama's arrival. And, of course, what would come later. He flushed red in anticipation.

Looking at the clock, Hinata figured he had about thirty minutes until Kags arrived, and about one hour until they had dinner. Everything was on schedule. He entered the living room to put on some music when he heard a knock at the door.

Glancing again at the clock, he furrowed his brow. Kageyama was awfully early! Then he grinned. Maybe Kags was just too excited to wait. The thought almost made Hinata giggle. He crossed the room and opened the door sporting a big smile, but the smile died instantly, replaced with sheer terror.

It wasn't Kageyama at the door.

It was his worst nightmare.

[A/N: hey everyone. hang tight. the next chapter is going to have everything -- angst, fluff, and finally, the smut you've been waiting for! ]

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

28.2K 957 23
It's been 7 years since Hinata graduated high school, and 3 since he last saw his teammates. For the last 5 years Hinata has been in a lovely relati...
4.3K 119 9
a shobio/kagehina fanfic. -hinata is a collage student, living in a dorm with his boyfriend. but that boyfriend turns into an ex when he leaves out...
4.1K 90 17
Hinata never knew he could fall in love with anyone. No one... except dark haired boy, his teammate, his setter, Kageyama Tobio. Kageyama never show...
1.4K 88 13
After a fatal car crash, Kageyama is left reeling from the heartbreaking loss of his older sister. But the nightmares that wake him at night, and da...