Trollstopia Season 2: Harmoni...

By Rally9933

The Trolls embrace on their big adventure as they left their home to travel another land of magic, harmonious... More

Harmonious Land part 2
Harmonious Land part 1
Harmonious Land part 3
A Bird In The Family
Music Area
Equal Meeting
The Last Day
Normal Trolls In Town
The Secret Kindness of Aggie Galido
Fashion Show
Cakes On The Train
Interview
Out of Control
Valentine's Day part 1
Valentine's Day part 2
Scrapbook-atastrophe
Party Protectors
Family Matters
Friends' Night
Funk Drive
Job Hunt
You Didn't Say It Was Your Birthday
Uncle Dearest
Rocking a Friendship Beat
Family Values
Radio Heads
The Rodeo Roundup
Common Bond
Funk Wash
Mixed Romances and Responses
Potion Situation
So The Dramatic Prom Night
Highly Amused
He's Got The Power
Call Queen
Mount Yodelerest
Beach Day
Whirlpool
Pua Nani Ē
Embrace The Magic
Saving Psychic Aggie
Harvest Moon Festival
Escaping Expulsion
There Goes The Bride
Aggie's Birth Story
Leave It To Master
13th floor
The Answers
Cooper In Love
The Magic Staff
Lost In A Small Wolrd
Fight and Conduct
Hard To Say Anything
Is This A Goodbye?

Melancholy Melody

374 7 2
By Rally9933

Intro

Aggie: You can do it solo

Queen Poppy and King Branch: But then you'd be all by yourself

King Trollex: So it'd be more fun to share this one with someone else!

King Quincy and Queen Essence: Together we will soar across the sky and beyond!

Delta Dawn: So turn up your voice!

Queen Barb: Stand up and sing along!

All Normal Trolls and Magic Musical Trolls: All different voices, our melody's ringin'
We're living in harmony! Yeah, we're livin' in harmony!
Our song is much stronger with every Troll singin'

We're livin' in harmony!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning had arrived over another beautiful day in Trollstopia, as inside her room,

Melody was asleep in her bed until the glare of the sun from the window shined onto her face, making her wake up. The Pop/Rock Troll groaned and sat up, letting out a yawn as she stretched her arms over her head, and commented, "Man, morning already?"

Melody picked up the calendar on her nightstand, and was set to mark off another day when she saw what today's date was and froze. She placed her hand over the box that had the date as she said, "It's today already? Oh man.... didn't think I'd have to spend it here."

Melody could feel her eyes begin to water as she placed the calendar down and then picked up her stuffed Glitter Gator, Grenada, and hugged it tightly, allowing small tears to fall as she said to the toy, "Oh Grenda... today's the anniversary of my father's death. I miss him so much and.....I'm always really upset when this day comes."

She allowed a few more tears to fall before saying to Grenda, "I can't let the others know about today. The last thing i need is sympathy to make me feel worse. But, what if Aggie finds out? What if she has a vision about me and then... I just... I can't tell her this, or anyone. It kills me to be keeping this from her, but if I can go the whole day without anyone knowing, then I should be ok. You won't say anything, right, Grenda?"

The toy was unresponsive, but Melody took it as a yes as she stuffed it under her pillow and hid the calendar with it before getting up and getting changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she exited her room, she walked down the stairs and found Aggie setting up the table for breakfast. Melody gulped in nervousness, unsure of what to do. She then nervously shouted, "I'm going for a walk! I'll be back in a bit!"

Aggie looked up and said, "But Mel, breakfast is almost ready. You'll miss it."

Melody replied, "I'll just get something on the way back," She exited the front door fairly quickly.

Aggie became confused as she asked herself, "What was that about?"

Trollex came to her, and asked, "Everything okay?"

Aggie nodded, "Yeah, just peachy," But deep down, she had a sneaking suspicion that something was going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside, Melody walked down the street with her hands in her pockets, looking up at the sky. Melody felt terrible for leaving so quickly but had to get out of the house for a bit to avoid breaking into tears in front of her best friend and the other Trolls.

As she strolled down the street, she saw a Magic Techno father place his Magic Rock daughter on his shoulders and gave her a piggyback ride. Melody held back built-up tears as she tried to walk away from the scene as best as she could, muttered to herself, "I just need to go somewhere where I can think."

She soon found herself wandering into the Music Areas, entering the underground Funk Bar, "Hey, there's a bar here if I remember. Aggie went here to drink when the leaders went to that program a while back. I'm all alone...and no one is here to tell me no... maybe one drink couldn't hurt? Anything to just rid me of my misery."

Melody then saw a table set outside the bar as a Magic Funk Troll was giving away free bottles of punch, declaring, "Come on and all! Be the first 100 Trolls to get a free bottle of our special fruit punch!"

Getting an idea, Melody approached the table as the Magic Funk Troll noticed her, "Hey, you're one of those Normal Trolls, right?"

Melody nodded, "Yes sir. I heard you're giving away free punch bottles. Could...I have one?"

The Magic Funk Troll narrowed his eyes at Melody, "You look a little young. Are you sure you can handle this stuff? It's good, but too much of it will make you hazy."

Melody replied sadly, "I can handle it. I'm 16, I'm tough enough."

The Magic Funk Troll saw Melody's facial expression become sad as he asked, "Hey, I don't wanna pry on you, but...are you okay?"

Melody sighed and said, "I'm okay, just... having a rough day is all."

The Magic Funk Troll felt bad for Melody as he then picked up one of the bottles and gave it to her, saying, "Here, take this. Even if you can't drink it, giving it to someone might help you feel a bit better."

Melody showed a small smile as she said, "Thank you, um...

I'm sorry. I don't know your name, sir." The Magic Funk Troll smiled and replied, "Just call me Jerry. And hey, if you ever need to talk, feel free to come by. Just mention my name to the waiter."

Melody nodded, "Okay, thank you, sir," she walked away with the bottle of punch.

Melody soon left Funk Bar and was on her way back when she stopped by the park and saw a small Magic Classical family having a picnic together. Their daughter was eating a sandwich when her father leaned over and tapped her gently on the nose, covering it with whipped cream from the bowl of whipped cream and strawberries they had out. The girl and her father laugh while Melody could feel tears stream down her face again as she used her sleeve to wipe them away before walking away from the scene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she started to walk back to the condo, Melody looked at the bottle and then sadly said to herself, "I need something to cure my sadness now. If I have to see more father-daughter-son things today, I'm probably going to burst into tears and lose my mind!"

Melody then proceeded to unscrew the top of the bottle and took a shaky breath in and out, saying, "Down the hatch," she took a sip from the bottle. She swallowed the liquid before opening her eyes, "Hey... this is pretty good. Sweet, refreshing and... I feel a bit better. Hmm...if one sip helped me feel a little bit better, I wonder what another sip would do."

Melody then proceeded to take a sip every few minutes while walking back to the condo.

Soon, Melody ended up stumbling all the way to the front door, and opened it while shouting, "Hey, party people!"

All of her friends looked at Melody in confusion as Val shouted, "Where were you?! You were gone for two hours!"

Melody walked over to the table as she said, "I... I was just...visiting the Music Areas because... I... I overheard an MMT say that... it's peaceful to visit those places in the morning."

Aggie then replied, "Uh, well, that is sort of true, but-,"

Poppy then continued, "If you wanted to go visit the Music Areas, you could've told us."

Melody rolled her eyes and retorted, "Since when are you my mom, Popsqueak?"

Barb then spoke up, saying, "Hold up. Only Val and I call her Popsqueak."

Melody then retorted, "I know you are, but what am I? Also, no one even listens to you. Even the bugs rebel against you!"

Dante then spoke up, asking, "Uh, Ms. Song, are you feeling alright?"

Melody then stated, with attitude, "I'm perfectly okay! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I'm stuck in here being questioned by police like I'm on Troll SI!"

In confusion, Buckaroo asked, "Wait, you watch Troll SI,".

Melody answered, "Well, I do now!" She took out a bottle of punch from her bag, and poured it in a glass.

Essence noticed what the Pop/Rock Troll was drinking as she gasped, "Melody, what are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh, Queen Essence, oh, there you are. I've been... I've been looking all over the table for you," Melody dizzily said to the Queen of Funk. Then, she told everyone, "You know, I've got to tell you, this stuff I've got from Funk Bar was a lifesaver today. I feel a little miserable like it came into me from thin air. And, you know, normally, I would be sad today for no reason. But, you know what? I was through with that. I feel so good!"

"Melody, the drinks frawum the funk Bar was too sweet ayn' acidik. It's nahwt faw awful young Trolls," Delta warned

"You're not a young Troll!" Melody laughed

"Hey, I'm ayy middle-aged Troll. I'm nahwt that there awful old!" The Country leader snapped.

"Melody, you're spaced out!" Branch scowled.

"Ooooh, oh, Branch's all serious," Melody then mimicked Branch, "'Oh, I don't... I don't drink like this in the morning because I've got to sharpen the sticks."

Aggie looked so worried about Melody as she whispered to her boyfriend, "Oh, I hope she wouldn't kill herself for this, whatever she's dealing right now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All day long, the Trolls noticed the sudden change in Melody's behavior, and it's become quite alarming. Poppy invited her to scrapbook and got a door slam to the face. R and B invited Mel to come with them to help with an experiment on light magic, but got a hard no. Holly even offered Melody to style her hair, and she even passed on that, and that was when Aggie knew something was definitely wrong because if there was one thing she knew Melody wanted to do more than else was get the chance to style Holly's cyan blue hair.

Aggie had enough of that as she knew that punch was bad for Melody. She quietly sneaked inside, and used her Fauna powers to manipulate the vines to take the bag from Melody's bed. Aggie quickly took the bottle out, and quietly ran out of the house before manipulating the vine to return the bag back on the bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, Melody was watching TV when the news came on about a father-child event that was occurring next week and Melody choked back her tears, saying to herself, "Don't cry, Melody. Don't show them you're hurting," The news story kept playing over and over in her head and Melody soon lost it.

She stormed into her bedroom and looked for the bottle of punch she hid from everyone, but found that it was missing, saying, "Oh, sugar! Just what I needed now! I need to get out of the house and clear my head. I'm hurting so bad, it's driving me crazy!"

Melody threw on her leather jacket in a furious rage, not in the mood to chat with anyone. She stuffed the calendar in her back pocket and was set to leave, when she was noticed by Holly.

The Country ambassador came over, and asked, "Uh, hey, sugar. Everything ok?"

Melody answered with an upset, "Leave me alone," she walked past Holly, not even bothering to even give her a hug.

Melody walked downstairs and was heading for the door when Val stepped in front of her, "Hold up. Where do you think you're going?"

Melody snarkily replied, "Out. What's it to you?"

Val replied in concern, "To me, it's concerning because you're a bit on edge today. What's wrong, Melly?"

Melody let out a frustrated scream and exclaimed, "Good gravy, does no one understand me?! Even you don't know! I told you, I'm fine, so get off my back!"

Melody then shoved Val, making the Rock ambassador fall, as Melody stormed through the hall, heading out to the garden. When Melody was outside, she looked around before leaping over the fence and ran off, letting her gut lead her away from her friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She ended up at the Funk Bar and found herself standing outside of the bar again.

Melody took a deep breath and walked inside, sitting at a seat by the booth, as the waiter gave her a cherry punch drink. Melody looked at the cup before saying to herself, "I don't need anyone telling me what to do," she gulped it down, then commented, "I don't see what's the harm of this. Plus, it'll help me forget my troubles today," She then banged her fist on the table, angrily shouting, "Hey, bar keep! Who's name you gotta shout to get another cup of punch around here?!"

Before she could say anything else, Melody heard a familiar chuckle as she gritted her teeth and said, "Oh great, not her now."

She turned around and saw Scarlet and her bandmates enter the bar, and to Melody's chagrin, Scarlet noticed her.

The Magic Rock Troll walked up to Melody and said, "Well, well, if it isn't one of Aggie's weirdo friends. You're Melody Song, Val's younger cousin, right?"

Melody nodded, and glared at her, "What do you want, Scarlet? I'm not in the mood for your antics tonight."

Scarlet snorted, "Funny, because I don't remember the Funk Bar allowing weirdos like you entering. You know, I don't see how you're part Rock because you look nothing like one, except maybe the freaky clothing. But at least you dress better than Aggie, because she's the weirdest of all with her bright colors."

Melody gritted her teeth, trying to avoid the group and their insults, but with each passing minute, Melody could feel her emotions faltering, and the punch did not seem to be helping at all.

Scarlet then said, "Oh, and by the way, the next time you see your freaky cousin, tell her I'll be waiting the next time she wants to 'dance' with me. Because I'm more than ready to even the numbers."

Melody laughed, "Ha, really? Because from the news video, it seemed like Val conTrolled you more than your ego does."

Scarlet's bandmates all cringed in shock from the shock of the sudden comeback as Scarlet smirked and said, "You're one to talk because I don't see you acting all tough and rumble. Why? Scared to fight, kitty?"

Melody did her best to hold in her emotions.

But Scarlet continued with, "You know, maybe that's why you hang out with Val so much: because you always rely on her to do the dirty work so you can stay and be seen as Aggie's weirdo best friend who is as ugly as her music typing. Maybe that's why you stick up for others and not yourself: because you know you would NEVER hold a candle against me or any of the other Magic Musical Troll. You're just as weak as they all are. You're just as weak as Aggie is, and once she sees that, she's going to ditch you like Trollex will ditch her, and leave you alone the rest of your miserable, pathetic life. So eat on that, shrimpy."

Melody officially lost it as she shouted, "Alright, you dumb no-good witch! That's it!" She clenched her fist, and punched Scarlet hard in the face, making her drop to the floor.

Scarlet groaned in pain and held her eye as her bandmates came to her aid.

Melody shouted, "You can talk sugar about me all you want, but you never talk like that to my friends! Especially not about my best friend! And unless you want another black eye, then get the hair out of here, and run away with your big, egotistic, purse between your legs!"

Scarlet held her eye in pain and shouted, "This isn't over, Song," She was helped by her bandmates, and they all left Funk Bar, while Melody gulped down another cup of punch.

30 cups later, a very drunk and hazy Melody was still drinking and on her 31 cup before she tossed it aside, saying, "Another one!"

As the waiter went to reluctantly get her another drink, a Magic Funk Troll that was sitting next to her said, "Um, pardon me young lady, but I think you've had enough."

Melody then slurred and angrily stated, "Y-You know what?! I... I'm sick of... of people and Trolls always...o-ordering me around like I'm 5! I'm not 5! I-I am 16, and I'm currently miserable, so lay off, tripper!"

Then, after gulping down her 32nd cup, Melody then said, "These drinks are so good! I should do this more... more... Why is the room suddenly spinning?" Suddenly, Melody fell back and landed on the floor, unable to move.

The Magic Funk Troll knelt to her and checked her pulse before saying, "Someone call an ambulance!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back at the condo, Val was pacing the front door.

Stereo commented, "Val, if you keep doing that, you're going to make a trench inside the condo."

Val then frantically shouted, "I can't help it, okay?! Melly's gone again, and she hasn't come back at all! What if she's hurt or worse?! What if she got in a fight?!"

Delta reassured Val, "Easy, sugar. Ay'm sure Mel's gonna turn up here soon. Just be ayy lil' mawe patient."

Val sighed, "Fine, but if she's not back by tonight, we are going out there to look for her!"

Aggie nodded, "I agree, but I want to know one thing: why is she acting this way?"

Laguna looked at her notes, "Melody does appear to be acting a bit more distant and emotional today. Even with that punch she drank, she's much worse than a regular dizzy Troll. Perhaps she did not retain the proper amount of rest last night."

Holly then spoke up, saying, "Hang on, y'all! Ay saw somethin'! She had ayy calendar in her back pocket! Maybe it has ta do with what today is!"

Aggie pulled out her phone and opened up a calendar app on her phone, saying, "Well, I got the date up, but there's nothing on it."

Val then said, "Let me see, Aggie."

The Master of All Music gave the Rock ambassador her phone. Val looked at it closely before her eyes widened in shock while she said, "I've been an idiot! It's today, and all I did was make things worse for her!"

Poppy then asked, "Woah, Val! What do you mean?"

McJagger added, "What's today?"

Val looked at the phone again sadly, , "The anniversary of her dad's death," which made everyone gasp and grow silent.

"Oh no! It's today? I forgot all about that," Demo felt guilty.

Rhythm said, "No wonder she's been acting off today."

Blues added, "Because she's feeling really bad."

Aggie then inquired, "But .why would she hide this from us? Melody always tells us everything, especially me! I'm her best friend. We never keep secrets from each other... okay, except me, I have a lot of secrets. But this isn't about me. Why did she hide this from us?"

Trollex then said, "We have to find her! Maybe if we do, we'll get an answer."

Biggie pulled out a tray of cupcakes while saying, "Maybe these will help too. Cheer up cupcakes always helps me when I'm feeling sad."

Aggie nodded and said, "Okay, Trolls! Let's split up and find her!"

Everyone exited the condo and ran in separate directions, beginning their search for the missing Pop/Rock Troll.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, at the Smile-o Smile-o Mission Hospital, the unconscious Pop/Rock Troll stirred and started to awaken from her passed out state. She slowly sat up and weakly opened her eyes as she said, "Wha? W-where am I?" Melody looked around and saw that she was now lying in a hospital bed with an IV in her arm, her clothes neatly folded on a chair, with the calendar on top, and she was now wearing a medical gown. Melody groaned in pain and held her head, commenting, "Ow! My head hurts! I feel so sick. What's wrong with me? Did I die or something?"

Suddenly, the door opened as a Magic Techno Troll in a white doctor's coat came in with a clipboard as she said, "Evening, Ms. Song. You are very lucky to be alive. You had drink so much, you passed out and became unconscious. You had high sugar levels that would've been fatal if we had not acted quickly."

Melody covered her face as she asked, "I almost died?"

The doctor reassured her as she said, "Hey, it will be okay. Luckily you were brought here in time and we gave you the right medicine to help. You'll have to stay overnight in case anything happens, but you should be set on being let out tomorrow. Though I have to ask, why did you drink so much? Were you not aware of what would have happened?"

Melody was silent as she said, "To be honest, I... was having a tough day and though... this would be my solution for my misery."

The doctor thought for a minute as she then said, "I think I know what you need. I'll call our psychiatrist to come and speak with you."

The doctor soon left, leaving Melody alone as the Pop/Rock Troll contemplated the turn of events that had happened hours ago. Not able to hold it back any more, Melody sobbed hard, putting her head in between her knees as she cried out, "I'm so sorry, guys! I'm so sorry," she cried by herself, letting out all of the hurt and sadness she held in almost all day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Aggie and the gang were running, flying, floating, and looking all over Harmonious Land, trying to find Melody.

"Melody, ya here, gerl," shouted Holly as she looked by the school.

"Melly," shouted Val when she went to look by the palace

"Melody! Give us a sign," shouted Trollex as he searched in Trollnila.

"Melody," shouted the Snack Pack as they searched through the park.

"Mel, please tell us where you are," shouted Aggie as she flew through the skies, scanning the roads in a panic as she said to herself, "Oh, where could she be?"

Just then, her eyes widened, and stared blankly as she received a vision.

Melody was on a hospital bed, crying.

When she came back to her senses, Aggie figured out where Melody was, "Uh-oh."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the hospital, Melody was still lying in bed, but now talking to the psychiatrist, who was a Magic Classical Troll named Dr. Barker.

He was writing something down on his clipboard as he said, "So, Melody, I think we seem to be opening up more as to what has led you to your little 'binge.' Can you tell me what you were thinking leading up to the moment before you collapsed?"

Melody was silent for a while before she softly and sadly answered, "I wasn't thinking; that's the real thing. I was just...so lost in my emotions, especially what made me feel like this and... I just snapped. I acted without thinking, and every time I drank a cup of that punch, it was like....it temporarily washed away my sorrows. But, once that feeling went away, I... craved it more and... wanted it to stay. I thought it would help me, but instead, I feel more miserable than ever! What hurts most is...my dad's probably up there... disappointed in me for what I did..., and why. I almost gambled away my life and looking back at it now..., it's scary to think about, doc. I can't even talk about it."

The psychiatrist wrote this down as he then suggested, "Then, perhaps...you might feel better....singing about it?"

Melody thought about it for a second as she then heard a small radio began to play some music, which gave her the urge to sing, feeling like if regular words couldn't share how she felt...music lyrics could.

Melody: Oh-woah.
It's just a little fruit punch; I'll be fine.
Not like I wanna do this every time.
It's been tough; feels like I'm losin' it.
I'm so confused and now, it feels like I'm losing my mind, mind.

Feeling so lonely, full of uncertainty,
I told them I was okay, but I was lying.

I was dancing with the devil; out of control!
Almost made it to heaven; it was closer than you know!
Playing with the enemy; gambling with my soul!
It's so hard to say no! When you're dancing with the devil.

Mmmm-mmm-mmm, yeah, yeah.

The psychiatrist took down more notes as he then asked, "Hmm... I see. Melody, in that moment, did you think about your friends and family?

Melody sighed sadly as she replied with, "I'll be honest with you... I did. But while drinking, I didn't even bother to care, which isn't usually my style because I love them all. I love my best friend, Aggie. I love the leaders, ambassadors, delegates, everyone. I especially love my cousin, Val. She's my family, and no matter what, I'll stick by her side through thick and thin. I probably scared them when I did this....and now, they probably don't want anything to do with me, and I can't blame them. I made a foolish, dumb mistake and listened to my own emotions rather than them. I won't be surprised if Val stays mad at me for the rest of my life, and I don't blame her... I deserve it

Melody: It's just a little rebellion; I'll be fine.
But then, that feeling leads one to cross a massive line.
Grief and animosity almost got the best of me.
I keep praying I don't reach the end of my lifetime, mm.

Feeling so lonely, full of uncertainty.
I told them I was okay, but I was lying.

I was dancing with the devil; out of control!
Almost made it to heaven; it was closer than you know!
Playing with the enemy; gambling with my soul!
It's so hard to say no! When you're dancing with the devil.

Suddenly, Melody felt the urge to stand up on her hospital bed as she struggled to her feet, despite the psychiatrist's protests.

As she tried to stand, Dr. Barker commented, "Ms. Song, I do not think it's a good idea to stand! You are still recovering!"

Melody did not listen as she dizzily stood on the bed and started to belt something, releasing all the pent-up emotions she's been harvesting inside of her since yesterday. She began to allow herself to sing while projecting the feelings she's kept bottled up expel through her increasing tone of voice

Melody: Thought I knew my limit, yeah!
I thought that this would fix it, yeah!
I thought it would help me heal easily.
But here I am, falling down on my knees!

Praying for better days to come
And wash this pain away!
Could you please forgive me?!
Dad, I'm sorry for dancing with the devil!

Melody could feel her head throbbing and looked down, seeing the small lines on her hospital gown start to blur, but she couldn't care. She wanted to show the psychiatrist how much she was keeping in, and not just him, but all of her friends, Aggie, and especially Val, despite them not being in the hospital room at the moment. She had to let them know...just how bad she's been feeling

Melody: Oh, yeah-yeah

Suddenly, Melody burst out a note that she never sang before in what could be described as a moment of shock. Everyone in the hospital and even MMTs outside of the hospital heard her voice cascade throughout the building and outside.

As for the Rock/Pop Troll, though she was still singing, deep down, she was surprised, for this was a note very new to her. It was powerful, emotional, hard-hitting, intense, unlike anything she ever sang before. It was.... legendary.

Melody: (Yeah, Yeah!) Dancing with the devil; out of control!
Almost made it to heaven; it was closer than you know (Closer than you know!)!
Playing with the enemy (Oh!); gambling with my soul (Woah, woah!)!
(It's so hard to say no!) It's so hard to say no! When you're dancing (with the devil!) with the devil.

Suddenly, Melody felt so dizzy, she plopped back down on the bed, laying there as she looked up at the ceiling in guilt, sadness...and shame.

Melody: Mmmm...yeah-eah-eah, mmm

Melody was close to crying again as she concluded her performance as Dr. Barker wrote everything down, "Well, I think I know now exactly what to diagnose you with."

Melody sadly commented, "You make it sound like I'm sick or something."

Dr. Barker smiled before saying, "No, you aren't sick, but...you are hurting. The power of grief can leave one feeling very alone, like no one is around. Though answer me this: you said that you have friends, right? Why did you not confide with them how you felt?"

Melody looked at the doctor, and replied, "I didn't tell them because I didn't them to feel bad for me. They're my friends, and this...is a family issue. I know Val would be an exception since she's my cousin but, I... I just didn't want to drag them into my personal problems and make things worse. I thought if they gave me sympathy, it'd made things worse for me. Instead...I feel even more alone without them. Is it wrong for me to be distant when I'm grieving?!"

Dr. Barker replied, "It's not wrong, but allowing your emotions to override your mind and prevent you from allowing others in can make it bad. And from how tense you look, seems like you've been bottling these emotions up for quite some time, right?"

Melody nodded as the psychiatrist, "Here is what I'm going to recommend: when you are released, I want you to find one of your friends and confide with them exactly how you are feeling. Tell them everything straight up; then see how you feel afterwards. Once you do that, let me know how it turned out, okay?"

Melody nodded and replied, "Okay, Dr. Barker."

The psychiatrist then got up and proceeded to leave.

Melody sighed in sadness after the psychiatrist left before she heard the door open and asked, "Left something, doc?"

However, instead, she got Aggie's voice answering, "No, just came to see you."

Melody's eyes widened in shock before lowering in sadness. She didn't even bother to move her body to face or see Aggie, not that she needed to. Aggie flew over to the other side of the hospital bed and said while approaching Melody, "How are you feeling?"

Melody replied, "Lousy, upset, angry...regretful... hurt... mad at myself," she turned away, not wanting to face Aggie like this. Luckily, her best friend knew what to do.

She gently rubbed Melody's back while saying, "Everyone misses you back at the condo. We're all worried about you," Melody didn't say anything, not sure of what to say, as Aggie then said, "Val's the most worried out of all of us. She's scared about you, and really wants to know that you're okay."

Melody still didn't move, but was listening closely to her best friend, as she felt tears beginning to build up.

The Master of All Music continued, "Hey, it'll be ok. We're all here for you, Melody."

Melody then shakily asked, "How did you even find me here?"

Aggie replied, "I saw you in my vision like this. And when I told Val about my vision, we arrived in front of the hospital, and we heard your voice. My vision was right. Val came along because we wanted to see if you were still alive. Mel, you know I care about you, we all do. We want to help you, but we can't if you don't tell us what's wrong. We're not trying to offer sympathy; we just want to support you and help you through whatever you're feeling," Melody allowed her tears to fall as Aggie confirmed, "I heard what you did to Scarlet at the Funk Bar. Sure I hated her too, but you shouldn't have done that in front of everyone. It might ruin your or my or even the rest of our friends' reputation.

Melody turned to face Aggie, "Yeah, well, that's, d... That's because that... 'Cause, because she.... That's because... Because that... 'ca... because she... she...." She couldn't make an excuse anymore as she confessed, sobbing, "I know! I....I miss my dad so much. It hurts when this day comes because, no matter what I try to ignore it, somehow, signs always show up that tell me that...he isn't here anymore. Between seeing other Trolls get to be with their dads or hearing about fun dad-themed events it...it hurts my heart. It's like a punch to the face that tells me, "I'm never going to get to see him again! This day... makes me feel so alone!"

Melody started to sob again as Aggie held her close, "It's okay, Mel. Let it all out. I'm not going to leave you alone here when you're hurting like this."

Melody slowly cried into her best friend's chest until about 10 minutes later, her sobs started to soften up as Melody then commented while sniffling and wiping away any stray tears, "I probably look like an idiot doing this. Sobbing my heart out over the death of my dad, which was years ago, unable to let go of my grief."

Aggie then stated, "Mel, that's not true. You don't look like an idiot at all. It's okay to show me exactly how you are feeling, whether you are sad, angry, grieving, etc. No matter what, you can always tell me, especially our friends. With us, you can share anything."

Melody then said, "But...I thought you guys would be upset with me with the drinking and the sneaking off and almost getting myself killed!"

Aggie smiled, "We would never hate you, Mel. Yeah, we might be worried and upset, but we would never hate you, especially you. I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed you not only didn't tell me about this and almost died from the drinking, but I don't hate you. I love you. You're my best friend. And I know one other Troll who loves you a lot too."

As on cue, Val entered the room, and the sight of seeing her little cousin in a hospital bed broke her heart. Melody looked away in sadness and guilt, expecting harsh words from Val.

Instead, she got a huge hug from Val as she shouted, "Melly! I'm so sorry!" Melody, a bit surprised, hugged Val, as the Rock ambassador said, "I am so sorry that I was ignorant about what today was. I didn't know and...it still didn't give me the right to dismiss you like that. I'm not mad that you snuck off and drank today, but I am upset that you almost died! I can't go losing another member of my family again! I miss Uncle Bill too, and if you passed, then... I'd be really alone."

Melody sniffled as she said, "Val, you don't have to apologize about anything. This was my own doing, so, it's my fault to blame for this, not yours."

"It's not your fault at all. It's my fault, and if anything, it's all of our fault for not noticing what was in front of us. We are sorry we made you feel so alone today and... I wish I acted a lot better for you. Mel, you never have to worry about grieving and feeling alone ever again. We both miss him, but I'm here, and I'll take care of you till the end of time. I swear on my own life. Just...promise me you'll be safe and stick around alongside me?"

Melody nodded and said with a small smile, "I will, Val. And I'm so sorry again."

Both cousins hugged each other again."

"Very good, you two. Admitting is a good step. But don't worry, Melody. We're help you through it," Aggie smiled proudly.

"Oh, thank you, Aggie," Melody thanked her best friend.

"You're welcome, Mel," Aggie nodded, "We gotta get going. Visiting hours are almost up, but we'll be here first thing tomorrow to see you."

"Promise," Val added as she did the Rock Troll promise sign, doing the Rock hand gesture before making a fist and tapping her chest three times.

Melody smiled as Aggie and Val hugged her one last time before they both exited the room. Melody watched as they leave before she realized that, for the first time today, she was genuinely smiling.

She commented, "With my friends, I'm never alone," and laid back, allowing sleep to overcome her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, everyone had gathered by the hospital entrance to meet up with Melody.

Holly was holding a tray of cupcakes as she asked, "Ooh, when is she comin' out, y'all?! Ay ken't stand a-waitin' ta see if she's alraheet faw anothuurr minute!"

Val then added, "Why are you nervous? If anyone's allowed to be nervous, it's me, as her cousin and all."

Essence then spoke up, saying, "Whatever the case is, we're all feeling jittery to see her."

Poppy then said, "I just hope she's ok in there. You think something happened overnight?"

Trollex then saw something and smiled, saying, "I don't think so. Look!"

Exiting the hospital was Melody, who was now dressed in her regular outfit again, as she nervously faced everyone and said, "Uh, hey, guys."

Aggie flew up to Melody and hugged her, as Val then joined her, before everyone started piling in for a big group hug.

"Uh, guys, I love you, but, I'm kind of getting squished here," Melody squeaked.

Synth shouted, "We're never letting you go again.

Smidge added, "We're so happy you're okay!"

Everyone else made positive comments on Melody's recovery as the Pop/Rock Troll then said once they all separated from the hug, "Guys, I am so sorry I made you all worry like that, especially for how I treated you guys yesterday. That wasn't cool of me at all, and, I should've told you how I felt instead of acting the way I did."

Delta patted her on the back as she said, "Y'all don't have ta blame yourself faw this. It's just as much our fault faw not understandin' how ya felt."

Poppy then said, "We should've tried to understand you, even if you didn't wanna say anything at first. We know that yesterday was hard with your dad's death anniversary."

"But that there shouldn't mean ya have ta feel alone. Ya have many friends here who are mawe than awful happy ta be y'all's kinfolk ayn' care faw ya, "Buckaroo added.

Aggie nodded and said, "Yeah! Together, we're all one big happy family! And we always look out for each other!"

Melody smiled and said, "Aw, you guys. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!"

Val then said, "Now, how about we go get something to eat together?"

Melody's stomach rumbled loudly on cue as the Pop/Rock Troll commented, "That's the best thing I've heard all day, cousin!"

"I'll pay for the food, you guys. You don't have to worry about that," Aggie chuckled.

The Main Trolls then decided to walk away from the hospital to find a restaurant to eat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is a request for Masterclass60. Special thanks to her for making this chapter.

Some references are from Family Guy at the episode where Stewie was drunk with cough syrup. And one reference from Helluva Boss.

I don't own the song. Dancing with The Devil was sung by Demi Lovato

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 25 4
After the events of Trolls world tour and Trollstopia This is the first story I've finished AAAAAAA Anyways read this cringe(?) Story. Idk anymore lo...
29.6K 310 20
Six adults, who loves music. Friends together as one. Find themselves into another world. It's a fanfiction of Trolls world tour.
9.5K 64 8
A week later after the event of Trolls: Music In Life, Aggie still tried to find a way to earn her true colors with the help of the leaders of the si...
26.3K 536 11
When Barb goes to the Techo Trolls to steal there string, they are surprised to see another troll beside Barb. The rock trolls leave with the string...