"Let Me Kiss You" (A Harry St...

By kbradley_

Spending 18 long years in the small town of Greenwood, Indiana Drew Harper came to the realization she didn't... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not An Update!

Chapter 10

262 7 3
By kbradley_

--HARRY'S POINT OF VIEW--

Of course. Of course when she was actually was not pissed at me for two seconds the phone rang. Of course when I was making a "move" on Drew the phone rang. Of course the one time we were about to kiss after the agonizing week the bloody phone just had to ring! She walked past me and ran down the hall to answer the phone leaving me kitchen. Through the awkward silence I could hear her adorable country accent begin to start talking and I took it upon myself to just walk back into her bedroom.

The hallway was darkened and had little light except for the open bedroom door exposing the outside light. Her room was all the way at the end of the short hallway on the right side and as I approached the door her voice was becoming louder. I stepped into the  doorway to see Drew standing with her back to me still talking on the phone. Just by the tone of her voice she seemed upset and almost angry with whoever was on the other line.

"Yeah,bye.." She whispered hanging up her phone and dropping it on her bed.

After dropping her phone she stood in silence fiddling with the hem of her shirt. I wanted to comfort her. I wanted to show her that I really did care about her but I couldn't get the right words to say.

"Drew.. are you okay?" I asked watching her jump at the sound of my voice.

She answered in a quiet tone looking down at the floor. "Yeah, I'm fine..great even."

I knew she was lying. I know I had only known her for not to long but I could easily tell when she was lying.

"Well if there is anything you want to talk about, you can tell me." I replied with a sincere tone in my voice.

When what I said registered in her mind she looked up from the floor back up at me. It looked as if she was holding back tears. It was like no one had ever cared for her.  I know that sounds crazy that no one could care about someone as sweet and as beautiful as Drew, but it seemed that was the truth behind her tears.

"Thank you, Harry." She said giving a half almost fake smile.

"Well...there is one thing. I was just thinking I would take you up on that offer. If your still willing to take me on that date, I would be more than happy to go with you, Harry." She said smiling but still fiddling with her large shirt hem. 

I was taken back. From the time I met Drew I had the impression she actually kind of hated me all until she kissed me. I had remembered, YES. She had kissed me. I mean before the kiss I had the impression she hated me but I know 100% after the kiss she hated me all until this moment.

"Really?" I replied back to her almost in a high pitched tone.

"Yeah. I mean I have nothing planned for tonight and you asked so..yeah really." She said smiling a smile that could never be faked.

When she smiled for real this time I remembered how much I had actually missed her smile. Every time I had seen her after that night she hadn't even attempted to smile until that moment. She was beautiful when she smiled and I loved to see her smile. I hated to see her hurt and it killed me because I knew I was the reason why she was so hurt.

"Well. I guess I'll get ready then." She explained.

"Oh, okay. I'll just, UM wait here then." I said looking around her room and finding a couch next to the door.

"Okay. I'm gonna take a shower really fast. So don't touch anything." She said walking towards the bathroom raising her eyebrow.

I gave a breathless laugh shaking my head and watched Drew disappear as she closed the bathroom door. I sat on the coach in silence until the shower started up. I sat staring at the wall over her bed out of shear boredom and listened to the sound of the pounding water. It was probably 5 minutes until I stood up from the coach wanting  to find something else to do but sit there so I decided to look at the pictures that were scattered across her dresser.

My eye caught a sight picture I knew was probably the most resent out of the group, and picked it up to have a closer look. The picture was of her and Harley obviously taken on her graduation day because in their hands was their diplomas and their graduation caps. Drew was smiling like I had never seen. She was genuinely happy, and her beauty was unmatched. Her hair was in perfect brown waves past her shoulders and her makeup was so simple and pretty she looked like the Drew I met at the train station. The Drew I was beginning to fall for. Harley with her arm wrapped around Drew looked almost humorous because of the obvious height difference, Drew was defiantly the shorter one of the two. Harley looked the same way she always had since I met her. The auburn long hair of hers was in waves like Drew's and her eye makeup outlined her bright green eyes like it always did. I could see why Niall hadn't shut up about her since they had met.

As I sat the unframed picture back on her dresser I started looking at the framed photographs. I picked one up that was framed in all white and was immediately taken back. In the photo was Drew and a guy who looked in his early 20's dressed in a military uniform in the middle of the airport hugging the way they do in the movies. Drew was pulled up into his arms with her feet lifted off the ground and his arms were wrapped tight around her torso.

"Harry what are you doing?!" I heard Drew question with a yell.

My head jerked in her direction to find her standing in a black towel with her long brown hair dripping wet from the shower. I stood there speechless. I couldn't think of one word to say to her. I was frozen.

"Harry!" She yelled at me pulling me from my trance.

"Oh sorry. I was Um.. just looking at your pictures. I'm sorry." I replied holding the frame tighter in my grasp.

"It's fine.." She stuttered.

As she moved toward the chest of drawers I fumbled to try to put the picture back where I had found it. I looked over in Drew's direction to find  her staring back at me with a blank questioning expression and a raised eyebrow.

"Okay.." She said giving a smirk.

I stepped back giving her room to get what she needed from the drawers and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Everyone of her swift movements seemed to slow all at once as she rummaged through the drawers to find the clothes she needed. Her long brown hair had been pulled over to hang over her shoulder and it showed off the jagged scars that made it's way from her middle back to the top of her shoulder. The thought that went through my mind was how could someone as beautiful as Drew be ever hurt the way she had been. Her life had been full of hurt from what she had told me before, but I intended to be the person to try to heal all that pain.

When she turned back around she found my eyes and realized I had been watching her the entire time. Her eyes diverted from mine looking at the ground and began walking to the walk-in closet across the room with a handful of different clothing. She disappeared behind the closet door still clinging to the black towel making sure not to let it go in my presents.

"So Drew... What do you want to do?" I asked running my hand through my hair in thought.

"Oh I don't know we don't have to plan anything. Just find something to do as we go." She stated behind the closed closet door.

I took a deep breath and stumbled backwards until I found the edge of her bed. I sat down running my hands over the soft neutral color duvet waiting for her. As my attention was focused onto the carpeted floor I had no vision of the room around me, but I was pulled back to reality when I heard the click of the door open to my left.

My breath was taken away. I couldn't feel myself breathing anymore as she entered back into the room. I felt light headed as she moved even closer, and  in that moment a thousand words could have been said but I didn't have the ability to say one of them. Her beauty was literally the kryptonite that made me powerless and weak.

"You know if you leave your mouth open for that long it would be real easy to catch bugs." She said laughing with a cheeky wink.

I was shaken back to reality by her comment and with embarrassment I pulled my mouth closed.

"Well..maybe." I said staring at the floor.

She flashed a smile in my direction as a stood up from her bed, and in that moment I realized what she was wearing. Her long brown hair flowed down her back in wet beach waves, and she still wasn't wearing any makeup. That's when she was the most beautiful to me. She had dressed herself in a white shear top and jean shorts that she had worn before.

"Wow." I whispered underneath my breath as she passed by me again walking into the bathroom.

After a few minutes, she returned, with a thin layer of makeup.

"You know, you look beautiful without it." I said, grinning at her. She laughed, shaking her head.

"Why don't I show you around the city?"  I suddenly asked. She turned to me, before nodding.

"Okay. I haven't really seen everything." She said fluttering her long eye lashes and smiling.

-DREW'S POINT OF VIEW-

I turned back to Harry, after grabbing my phone, and I watched him run a hand through his hair.

" You nervous or something, Styles?" I joked, walking towards the door.

 I could hear him follow closely behind, his shadow  over mine.

"Do you want to go down in the city?" He asked, closing my door behind him.

"Sure." I agreed.

We walked for a little while, my hands in my pocket. I looked over to Harry, seeing his hand dangling free from his pocket. Before I could tell myself differently, I slipped my smaller hand into his. I could feel his hand tense, and then loosen. I noticed the small smirk that had spread across his face, almost making me want to let go. I didn't know what came over me or why I had done it but it just felt...right.

"There is the London Eye." Harry said, pointing at the giant Ferris wheel.

"Can we go on it?" I asked quietly.

Harry looked at me, almost nervously. "Uh, yeah. I guess." He muttered.

"Wait, are you...scared?" I asked, holding in laughter.

Harry didn't strike me as the kind of guy scared of heights, but I watched him glance at the Ferris wheel, before turning back to me. "Not at all."

"Well lets go." I challenged, pulling him over.

He got us two tickets, and then we waited for a capsule. My hand was still in his, but he was now shaking and holding on tight. "It's okay." I whispered.

-HARRY'S POINT OF VIEW-

"You can do this Harry. You can do this." I muttered to myself, before turning back to Drew.

I would never ride one of these in a million years, but I would do anything for Drew. I stepped a little closer to her, before she leaned slightly away.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful." I whispered.

She nodded, giggling slightly. I stepped towards her again, this time leaving her no time to move away. "Harry.." She muttered, squeezing my hand.

"Next?" A man called, signalling us over.

I could feel my stomach drop, as I stepped onto the Ferris wheel. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked, biting down on her lip. I nodded, stepping to the edge of the box.

My breathing increased as we started moving, and I watched the ground get farther away. "Oh my.." I muttered under my breath.

"Here, I'll come over there." Drew said, standing inches away from me. Maybe this wasn't so bad of an idea.

"Holy crap!" Drew yelled, her accent noticeable. It was really cute, and I had to bite down on my lip to prevent myself from kissing her right then. I wanted to give her time to be with me again, but I really just wanted to kiss her.

"Look how high we are, Harry!" She called, interrupting my thoughts.

"Don't remind me." I muttered. She laughed, pulling herself up to kiss me on the cheek. I could feel the color in them, as she stepped back down.

"Thank you for taking me." She whispered. I couldn't wait anymore. I bent down, taking her jaw in my hands. I kissed her lightly, and then harder. "Harry.." She whispered against my lips.

"I'm sorry." I said back, pulling away. I sighed, running a hand through my curls. I turned myself back to the window, embarrassed of my actions. But then, Drew laced her fingers back in mine, leaning her head against my arm. 

"Thank you." She whispered stroking my hand with her thumb.

I gave a smile I knew she couldn't see and gently rested my head on top of hers watching the sun slowly set on the water of the harbor.

 --END OF CHAPTER 10--

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Thanks for reading! Sorry it took so long I had no direction to where this was going but I had help! P.S. Thanks Meredith and Alex! Please vote and comment, please! Give me some ideas for next chapter because I need the help and follow me on twitter (@kristen_leanne8). LOVE YALL!

LOVE, Kristen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.9K 4.6K 37
"Please, go out with me?" "No." "Why not?" "I'm bad for you." "I love you and I don't care if you're involved with shit. I am in love with you. I'm n...
10.3K 82 18
Sydney Clarke already had a pretty hard life. Between being an elite gymnast, keeping an A+ average and living up to the expectations of her hot-shot...
993 2 25
Cassia Reynes was a simple, teenage girl. She was brought into foster care after her parents died in a shooting. She is now a maid with 3 older broth...
15.1K 421 32
At the age of 6 Skylar Jones was taken after returning home from camp with a strange young lad names Louis. After 14 years Shiloh, Skylars younger si...