ᴾʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ⁱˢⁿ'ᵗ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ || ᴶᴶ ᴹᵃʸ...

By spillingmygutsout

ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ᵇᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜˡᵒᵗʰᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵗᵒˡᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵘʸ ᴵ ᶜʰᵃˢᵉᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵈᵘᵐᵇ ⁱᵈᵉᵃˡ ᵐʸ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˡⁱᶠᵉ ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒⁿᵉ... More

00. Hi:)
01. INTRO
02. JJ
03. PLEASE
04. DRUNK
05. BEG
06. 'S MY JOB, BABY
07. TOWEL WARMERS
09. OUR SIDE OF THE ISLAND
10. FIGHTS
11. YOU BETTER NOT BE IN HERE
a/n

08. PARTY

66 2 0
By spillingmygutsout

If there was something Hayley hates, then it was thunder, storms and rain. Tonight JJ and Hayley were sleeping on the couch, Hayley barely slept. She kept trying to keep her tears and whimpers to herself everytime a thunder strikes.

Eventually around 6 am JJ finally woke up, groaning when he looks at the crying mess next to him. His over protective side shot up and he immediately pulls her into a hug. She starts to cry harder and JJ tries to comfort her.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" He asks and she shakes her head. "I'm just so scared of- of thunder I-I can't- can't," she says crying and he kisses her forehead. "I'm here now baby, okay? You're gonna be just fine," she nods trying to breathe calmly, it wasn't working.

She starts to sob again and he shushes her, kissing her and calming her down. Eventually she falls asleep, not short after JJ does too.

JJ was waken up by the sunlight, minutes later John B. "Yo JJ have you been outside?" John B asks JJ who groans. "I have polio bro, I can't walk," they hear a giggle next to them and Hayley opens her eyes. "Hey Hayley," John B says. "Hi," she greets back as she yawns.

JJ sighs and stands up, grabbing a beer. He gets outside leaving and starts talking to John B. Hayley stands up too and goes after JJ, snatching the beer out of his hands and throws it in the trash can. "Hey!" He protests, pouting. "It's morning!" She says annoyed.

"JJ, its God telling us to fish!" John B says interrupting their conversation and he nods. "Baby can you make breakfast? Me and John B are gonna take the boat to the water," she nods and he smiles. "Thank you,"

She tries to make breakfast, but it was very hard since they had no power. "Oh shit," Hayley says and she runs out. "I- I gotta go see my dad," she says and JJ frowns. "What?" She nods and pouts. "I haven't gotten home last night, my phone isn't working, he'll think I'm dead! You guys go without me," she says and JJ frowns.

"Are you sure?" He asks and she nods. "Yeah, I love you," with that she ran away towards Figure 8. She abruptly stops halfway. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" She says groaning. She said I love you, shit!

She lets out a sigh and starts running towards her house again. When she finally arrives she sees her dad. "Dad!" She smiles and he looks at her. "Hey princess," he says smiling. "Great! Are you okay? The power wasn't working at John B's and-" he cut her off, "honey where were you yesterday?" He asks and she shrugs.

"Sorry I didn't come home, I was with friends," she says and he nods. "Well, now you're here I want you to stay today, I've barely seen you all summer," he says and she groans. "Dad! No!" She says and crosses her arms.

"Hayley! Yes!" He says raising his voice. "Fine!" She screams harder and runs upstairs. She obviously didn't want any trouble, but she wanted to be with her friends, so she sneaks out of the window and runs all the way back to the cut, again.

It took her forever to get away, she felt like she was running for hours. When she got back at John B house she saw John B, Kie and JJ. She exhales heavily putting her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" Kie asks and Hayley nods, sitting down. "I just ran, twice, I-" she stops and takes deep breathes. She avoids John B and JJ's eyes. She takes a step forward wanting to speak, if Pope didn't bust in.

"Okay, so um, we didn't see anything, we don't know anything, we need to have total anf complete amnesia," Hayley frowns at the stressed Pope and sighs.

"What happened?" She asks towards Pope, worried someone might be in danger, or worse, dead.

"Nothing. See, isn't that easy?" He says and sighs. "Actually, Pope's right for ones," JJ says and she finally looks at him. He was sitting in the chair at the head of the table, Kie and Pope sitting on his right and John B sitting on his left.

Hayley just stood there, still worried. "See? 9 agree with you sometimes," he says and points at Pope. "deny, deny, deny," JJ stands up and walks towards Hayley. "Deny what?" Hayley asks, locking eyes with JJ.

"Guys we can't keep that money," Kie says and Hayleys head shot towards her friend. "Money?" She was lost, what happened in the short period she was gone?

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans Kiara," Hayley now notices the money in his hand. "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise, it's bad karma," karma, she hates karma.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too, we gotta go dark," Pope says and Hayley starts to get annoyed, what was happening. "If that means er get to keep the money, then I agree," JJ says and she looks at John B standing up.

He pats JJ shoulder and sighs. "I don't agree," he says and JJ immediately disagrees. "What? Why?" He asks and Hayley looks at them, before looking at Pope and Kie. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about," no idea who that was. "Right," JJ confirms.

"Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole," a beat.

"Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the save-A-lot parking lot, because he needed gas, we're talking about a firebug Marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-white? Just sayin',"

Hayley has had enough. She crosses her arms and sighs dramatically. "What is going on?!" She demands, chin up, head high. Everyone turns their heads to her and JJ sighs. "Well," he starts and then he gave her a quick explanation.

How they went to fish, but came across a sandbank, that it wasn't a sandbank, but a Grady White, that is a boat if you didn't know, they found a key and went to the owner, that turns out to be Scooter Grubbs, that turns out to be dead. JJ stole a gun and money and that's how they ended here.

"Back to the story-" John B says, but Pope stands up. "No, we're going fishing," he says and walks away. "Alright, so think about it Pope, how does a marina rat get a Grady white?" John B says when Pope throws the fishhook in the water.

"Prostitution," Pope answers causally. "Square grouper bro, okay flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance, they don't do that stuff during a hurricane," John B states.

"What does that mean? JJ?"

"They were straight smugglin'," JJ answers and John B smiles. "Smugglin', and I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck," John B says and Hayley sits next to Kie.

"Hell yeah," JJ says the moment he catches something. "Fish on," he says and not later catches something.

Another hour past and this time they were all sitting together. Kie holding an ukele, Pope sitting on the bed, JJ and Hayley sitting at the window and John B sitting between Kie and Pope, also at a window with a guitar.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship, with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else-" he says and Kie interrupts. "Minor detail," she states and Pope continues. "They could come looking for it, taking it would be catastrophically stupid," he says and JJ takes the money Pope threw on the bed 0.2 seconds ago.

"Right, well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time," he says and shows how much money it is, a lot.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck, until then, we just law low, just act normal," he says and winks at Hayley, causing her to blush. "Right, and how exactly do we do that?" Pope asks and Kie smiles. "Kegger?" JJ nods and smiles. "Yes!" He says and Hayley smiles too.

"Okay, then let's get this settled. You, go get the beer, you go do the invites and you, go make sure JJ doesn't drink everything," Pope instructs. JJ, will do the beer, with Hayley making sure he doesn't drink anything. Kie will do the invites, and John B and Pope will make sure the beach is empty for a party.

So they did as told. Even though Hayley didn't entirely liked the idea of laying low, specially when her boyfriend stole a gun and money from a crime scene, but she didn't wanted to be the bad guy in the story, so she tagged along.

"Ready to get drunk?" JJ asks Hayley and she shakes her head. "I'm not gonna drink," she says and he frowns. "Why not?" She bites her lip and shrugs. "I just... someone needs to be sober with you and Pope isn't going to be with you the entire time," he chuckles and shakes his head.

"I can handle myself," JJ says and she shrugs again. "Probably, but still," he rolls his eyes and sighs. "Alright. Let's get the party starting,"

~1576 words~

Gonna use this afternoon to spend it with writing this fic because I'm probably won't be able to write for 3 weeks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 309 35
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛, 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘩 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘣𝘣...
33.4K 342 37
TW: mentions of: assault, abuse, rape, sex, violence, self harm ____________________________________ it's crazy how much one person can affect your l...
1.6K 17 10
It's been two months. Two months since the Pogues' world had splintered apart. John B and Sarah were presumed to be dead and as for Pope, Kiara, JJ...
22.6K 507 10
──────── 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 . . . A royal, from one of the wealthiest families in Outer Banks, mysteriously moved to the cut last year. An enigma to all...