The escapee - Marvel

By Br3adst1ck

Fourteen-year-old Seven has spent her entire life imprisoned in the HYDRA and Red Room facility, experimented... More

Chapter 1 - Alone in New York
Chapter 2 - Peter Parker
Chapter 3 - Identity crisis
Chapter 4 - Who are the avengers?
chapter 5 - Crashing the meeting
Chapter 6 - Mind Games and Nicknames
Chapter 7 - Trapped in the cell
Chapter 8 - Trust
Chapter 9 - Flashback
Chapter 10 - "Magic"
Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project
Chapter 12 - Important meetings
Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother
Chapter 14 - Hot & cold
Chapter 15 - Relief
Chapter 16 - The facility
Chapter 17 - "Natalia"
Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"
Chapter 19 - The necklace
Chapter 20 - Late night talks
Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD
Chapter 22 - "It's you"
Chapter 23 - Another mission
Chapter 24 - Shadow
Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"
Chapter 27 - Parties and planning
Chapter 28 - "Screw this"
Chapter 29 - Ballet routines
Chapter 30 - Fake plants
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - An eventful patrol
Chapter 33 - Unusual activity
Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"
Chapter 35 - Red Room facility
Chapter 36 - The aftermath
Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog
Chapter 38 - A gut-wrenching ache
Chapter 39 - "He's dying"
Chapter 40 - A new side to Romanoff
Chapter 41 - "She was a pretty everything"
Chapter 42 - awakening
Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice
Chapter 44 - bright neon orange
Chapter 45 - The fake name
Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.
Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"
Chapter 48 - The truth, the fight, and the recompense.
Chapter 49 - Cookies
Chapter 50 - Rooftops
Chapter 51 - The changes fall brings
Chapter 52 - More than a crush
Chapter 53 - A really shitty day
Chapter 54 - Drenched
Chapter 55 - Fifth period geometry
Chapter 56 - "Welcome home"
Chapter 57- Pessimism Vs Realism
Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke
Chapter 59 - The red room
Chapter 60 - The motherland
Chapter 61 - Grey hairs and great peripheral vision
Chapter 62 - Grief that swallows you whole
Chapter 63 - Funerals
Chapter 64 - The older widows
Chapter 65 - Time
Chapter 66 - Happiness? Disappointment? Longing?
Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"
Chapter 68 - Tea
Chapter 69 - December
Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,
Chapter 71 - Casino
Chapter 72 - Notebooks & love confessions.
Chapter 73 - Unfinished business.
Chapter 74 - A death in the family
Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"
Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."
Chapter 77 - Broken wi(n)dows
Chapter 78 - for the window.
Chapter 79 - "I don't know, something went wrong."
Chapter 80 - Yelena
Chapter 81 - "Puppy Patrol"

Chapter 25 - Death wish

22K 731 309
By Br3adst1ck

Tony had watched the two yell in Russian for three minutes and he dropped onto the street, his heavy metal boots hitting the concrete loudly. "What was that about?" He asked Natasha who was still stood staring at where the teenagers had disappeared.

"U-uh, Nothing" She stuttered. She was still incredibly worried but after hearing her daughter call her 'mom' for the first time, she was no longer angry. Just slightly speechless.

"Okay then, where's Seven?" He questioned.

"Up there" She pointed to where the red and black spandex could barely be seen on the top floors. "And she chose 'shadow' for her superhero name in the end" 

"okay well then shadow will be fine, the building isn't gonna come down for at least five minutes. As long as she's fast then we have nothing to be worried about"

That didn't relieve Natasha's nerves in the slightest.

"You know Spider-man went with her, right?" Natasha looked over at Tony in the suit, slightly concerned.

"WHAT? That boy is in so much trouble. He didn't even check with me?" Tony muttered to himself before continuing speaking to who Natasha assumed was Peter through the comms. 

--------------------

"You'll be quick right?" Peter asked for the fourth time.

"Yes Pete, I'll be as fast as possible" She laughed despite the absurdity of the situation

"Okay, I'll meet you by the bedroom window in a few minutes and then we'll get the heck out of here" Seven nodded and turned to walk away but Peter grabbed her wrist, making her turn back. "Ven be careful, seriously," Seven wanted to reach out and hug him but considering the time crunch and severity of the situation, it would have to wait. 

Seven smiled and gently removed his hand from her wrist, "I will, see you in a minute okay?"

"Okay," Peter shot a web above his head and disappeared from her view and Seven turned around, very aware of the fact that any part of the building could collapse any second.

She didn't run through the rooms like before, she couldn't risk putting too much weight on one part of the flooring, falling to her death wasn't how she wanted to go. Instead she walked slowly, shooting water bursts out of her palms at the raging flames that were still ongoing.

After two minutes she had checked over the twenty-ninth floor and found it empty. Seven began going up the stairs, she knew she was losing time each second she wasted on the staircase. 

Fuck it.

Seven started running up the stairs, hearing them begin to collapse behind her but she just held her breath until she reached the top, not looking back as she entered the last floor, stopping so she could hear if anyone was yelling for help.

Realistically she knew that any child wouldn't be conscious after being stuck in the flaming building for this long but she remained silent anyway, creeping round corners and putting out fires.

Seven only had two more rooms to check before she could leave with Peter and so far she didn't find anyone. The last thing she expected was to be greeted by a medium-sized dog who instantly nuzzled her leg.

The dog's golden fur was covered in grey dust and ash. Animals in pain were her weakness and she couldn't help but tear up at the sight of him, unharmed but obviously having trouble breathing.

"Hey buddy" Seven crouched down and stroked his fur, dusting the ash from it onto the ground. "Let's get out of here." Seven didn't even have to pick the dog up as he happily trotted behind her towards the room she would be meeting Peter by.

Suddenly the ground beneath her shook slightly causing Seven to stumble and trip, faceplanting the floor. "Well shit" She pulled herself off the ground and checked that the dog was okay which he was, happily sat watching her. "We have to hurry"

Seven bent down and scooped the dog up under her arm. He didn't seem to mind being carried as his tail continued wagging as she forced the window open as far as possible.

"Peter?" Seven spoke but there was no reply. She craned her head out of the window but the familiar red and blue spandex boy was nowhere to be seen. "PETER?" He was nowhere around, she was stuck.

Shit shit shit fuck fuck shit. What do I do?

Seven didn't care much for herself but for the poor dog who despite her frantic expression was staring up at her, tail still wagging.

-----------------------

Peter had just left Seven and was now hovering on the windowsill of one of the windows on the thirtieth floor. He didn't know why he was so nervous for her, he knew how good she was at protecting herself, plus she had her powers. She would be fine. 

But what if she wasn't? What if she fell and hit her head? What if there were people inside that she needed help with? What if the stairs had already collapsed and she was stranded on the floor below? 

Maybe he should go in and make sure she was okay, if he helped her look then they could get out in double the time.

Peter went to reach for the window to pry it open but before he could, a loud voice erupted from his comm, scaring him so bad that he almost fell off the windowsill.

"Peter, please tell me that you are NOT on the thirtieth floor of the burning building right now" Tony's voice was filled with both anger and overwhelming concern.

"Okay, I'm NOT on the windowsills of one of the windows of the thirtieth floor" He replied confidently.

"Peter Benjamin Parker"

"Okay okay, I AM on the windowsill but I'm coming down in five minutes. I swear"

"Not acceptable," Peter could almost see Tony shaking his head.

"But Mr Sta-"

"No. You are coming down right now"

"I can't Mr St-"

"Right. Now. Or I'm taking the suit" 

Peter looked at the window and then back at the ground, there was no way he could leave Seven. She would have to go down all the stairs to get down.

"No. I'm not leaving" He crossed his arms stubbornly, his feet being the only thing sticking to the building.

"Fine. If you won't come down then I'll come up. Peter, I will fly up there right now and drag your ass down here myself" Tony was almost yelling now, he also sounded like he was about to break down.

Peter sighed, either way, he would be dragged down from the window, this way he would keep his suit. Begrudgingly he pushed himself away from the windowsill and started climbing down the side of the building, "Sorry Ven" he whispered aimlessly, his words only heard by the wind. 

---------------------

Seven was pacing back and forth, she had put the dog down a minute ago and he was now staring up at her, head cocked to the side as if he was trying to figure out why she was pacing.

She was going to die, why would Peter leave her? Surely he knew that the stairs would have given out by now. 

Seven considered her options, she either had to make her way down thirty flights of collapsing stairs, fall to her death, or jump out of the window. 

If she tried to go down the stairs with a fairly heavy dog under her arms then there was no way they would both make it. Falling to her death didn't sound that fun either.

The building shook again but this time much more, Seven could hear parts of the staircases and foundation of the building collapse in the floors beneath her. The building would also start crumbling down on top of her soon. She really was out of time.

The building began to slowly lean and Seven began to stumble. She was not going to die today. Making a split-second, impulsive decision she ran over to the window and pushed as hard as possible, forcing the already very damaged hinges to snap and she watched the window fall.

She sighed, she was really going insane thinking that jumping out of the window with a living dog was a good idea but hopefully her plan would work and they wouldn't die.

Grabbing the dog under her arm once more she climbed out of the window so her legs were dangling over the edge, she could faintly see the red spandex staring up at her from the ground. Great help they were. 

Without giving herself a chance to think, she leapt from the window and began falling, this time without Peter's hand safely around her waist. 

Seven figured that she could control the four elements, including air. Surely she could manipulate air to support both the dog and herself as they fell. She hoped she could or this would be quite depressing.

Concentrating, she closed her eyes and focused on the air around her, the way it felt against her skin, the wind she could hear as they fell. She began thinking only about the air until she felt her surroundings begin to change. 

Seven opened her eyes and found herself hovering in the air, not moving up or down. 

Does this count as flying?

---------------------

Peter landed safely on the pavement and Tony immediately approached up to him, the metal boots clunking loudly. 

Peter stormed past him, ignoring the suit's glare as he walked up to Natasha. He didn't even know that the suit could glare.

"Miss Romanoff I am so sorry," Peter began apologizing rapidly but Natasha shushed him.

"It's okay Peter, this isn't your fault. I should've stopped her" Her voice wavered but she didn't cry, instead, she took his hand in hers and they both stared up to where Seven had disappeared into the window five minutes ago.

After a second the building began to shake, the paramedics and firemen had cleared the scene of the public and were now waiting a safe enough distance away. The building was so badly damaged that it was irreparable and they were trying to make sure it would come down safely. 

Natasha gripped Peter's hand tighter and Steve ran up from behind, he had been helping relocate the citizens safely for the last half an hour and had no idea what was going on.

"Guys we need to go now" Steve advised, looking around. "Where's Seven?"

"She's in there Steve," Natasha pointed at the building with her free hand, pieces of the building were now crumbling and beginning to fall and Natasha could do nothing but hopelessly stare.

Steve looked between the building and Natasha."You know?" Sympathy was clear in his voice and Natasha nodded, refusing to tear her eyes away from the building.

"Oh Nat," Steve put an arm around her neck and he stood with them, Tony standing baffled behind. 

Suddenly the window on the thirtieth floor flew from its hinges and fell to the ground, grabbing all of their attention. 

A pair of legs could be seen climbing out of the window and then eventually Seven's body and a golden dog could be faintly seen sitting on the edge.

Both Peter and Natasha breathed in relief when they knew she was alive, "Is she going to jump?" Steve asked confused, "Tony you need to go up there" Steve turned back to talk to Tony but he was no longer there and the space he was previously stood in was empty. 

Before Peter could start webbing up to save her she jumped and began falling towards the ground. He immediately let go of Natasha's hand and began aiming his wrist at her, ready to shoot and catch her.

 "Oh my god" 

None of them could believe what they were seeing, Seven was hovering in the air with the dog still safely tucked under her arm. 

----------------------------

Seven laughed to herself as she continued lowering herself towards the ground. The building began collapsing behind her, thankfully falling the opposite way but she didn't bother speeding up, taking as much time as needed.

She felt as if she was standing in the air as it now flowed around her in a pattern, herself in the middle. This was insane. 

Seven eventually hit the ground and began running towards her team, the golden dog resting happily in her arms like a baby, tongue hanging out of his mouth. 

As she got closer and closer her smile grew and she immediately gave the dog to Steve before practically leaping into Natasha's arms, grasping her as tightly as possible. 

Natasha hugged her back while releasing a long shaky breath she didn't know she had been holding in. She pushed Seven back to arms length, her hands resting on Seven's shoulders.

"Клянусь Богом, если ты сделаешь это снова, я сам убью тебя." (I swear to god, if you do that again I will kill you myself), Natasha cried.

"I won't I promise" Seven reassured.

"Ты напугал меня до смерти Семь" (you scared the shit out of me Seven)

"I scared the shit out of myself too" She agreed, half laughing and half crying.

"Я только что вернул тебя, я думал, что снова потеряю тебя" (I just got you back, I thought I was going to lose you again), Natasha and Seven were both crying and Seven just shook her head.

"You won't lose me again, I promise" She hugged her mom again before pulling away and smiling at her.

"Hey Steve" Seven waved at Steve who looked like he was going to start crying too but she didn't know whether that was because of her near-death experience or the fact Natasha was crying.

"Don't do that again Seven" He said directly. Maybe it was a bit of both.

"I won't," She said once more before turning to face Peter who was waiting patiently.

"Hey," She smiled sheepishly, she should be mad at him for abandoning her but all she wanted was to hug him.

"I am SO, so, so, so, sorry Seven. I didn't want to leave yo-" before he could finish Seven enveloped him in a bone-crushing hug and he instantly relaxed, wrapping his arms around her.

"You scared me so bad Ven," he whispered before pulling back, "Don't-"

"-Do that again, I know Pete. I promise you all I won't leap out of a burning building without knowing if I'll survive again" She laughed but none of her teammates found it funny.

"You did that without knowing whether it would work?!" Natasha practically yelled, "I swear to god, two days of having a daughter again and my stress levels are through the roof" She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I didn't really have another choice did I? I don't have a death wish." Seven argued, reaching out to take the dog from Steve's arms after realizing how uncomfortable he looked. "Hey buddy" She scratched his head, "You did so good, you were really easy to jump out of a window with" 

Natasha, Steve and Peter stared up at her, irritated. "Okay, okay, I'll stop" She giggled and stroked the dog once more.

"Hey team" Tony's voice rang out from above them, the quinjet hovering and slowly landing. "Need a ride?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.5K 31
After finding her twin brother dead, little Wanda Maximoff is so heartbroken she can barely even comprehend anything. She has no home and now her onl...
12.8K 354 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
406 19 36
Lizzilyn Aayel has had a bittersweet life. Her life is about to change forever. Lizzi is different, but different doesn't always mean good. Not even...
71.9K 1.4K 55
Peter Parker has a younger sister who has been missing for years She is now thirteen and desperately wants to escape, she is thinking of a plan but...