Her Secret

By The_Thoughts21

Everyone knew him, he was the school's heart-throb. People were quick to judge him, his looks and personality... More

Author's Note
Characters
-2-
-3-

-1-

20 4 1
By The_Thoughts21

- Lucas's P.O.V -

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," I replied.

"Dude!", she said in a male's voice.

"Hey, why is your voice male?" Instead of getting an answer, I shot up in my bed with ice-cold water soaking in my clothes and bedsheets.

"What the hell!?" I shouted looking at my brother who was on the floor doubling over in laughter.

"What did you do that for?" I asked furiously as I jumped off the bed and tackled him on the floor.

"I love you too," he said in a mocking tone.

"Little brother you gotta let go of your crush," he said as he tried to push me off of him.

"Why are you even in my room," asked getting off of him and heading towards the bathroom. I had no intentions of discussing my love life with him or the lack of.

"Mom said to wake you up, or you'll be late for school," and with that, he left my room.

I closed my bathroom door brushed my teeth and hair, and took a quick shower. After showering I put on a white t-shirt, light blue ripped jeans, and white converse. I went downstairs to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie," my mom said as I took a seat next to my brother.

"Good morning."

"Did you have a good sleep last night?" she asked, while Gray was chuckling under his breath.

"I'm sure he did, oh and mom did you know he wet the bed?" Gray said with an evil smirk.

"You pouring water on my bed doesn't mean I wet the bed," I said hitting him on the arm.

"Plus it's still better than j-" I started but was cut off by mom.

"I don't want to know what you two do in your room, so keep this exclusive information exclusive," she said putting plates in front of me and my brother.

I finished breakfast in record time, before grabbing my bag and car keys, and heading out after saying goodbye. I drove to Jake's house and honked the horn twice before I saw him rush out of the house.

"Hey, man," he said as he slides into the passenger seat.

"Hey."

"So how was your weekend?" he questions.

"It was fine, except for the fact that Gray wouldn't leave me alone, and I had, way more than necessary, encounters with Daisy," I ranted. Jake just sighed and shook his head.

"You do realize that she's not at fault every time, right?" I scoffed, of course, I knew that, but it was her almost always, most of the time? half the time? Sometimes?

"Yeah, Yeah whatever," I said in a dismissive tone.

After five minutes we arrived at school, and both got out of the car. Making our way through the crowded hallways we headed towards our first period. As we were walking I saw her. She was rummaging through her locker.

"Dude, stop staring," Jake said with a teasing smirk. I was going to deny it, but before I could Aiden came up to us.

"Hey guys," he said and I noticed he looked a little flushed. He was the only one in the group who had an existent love life.

"Hey, where did you just come from?" I asked in a teasing tone, well aware that he was just with Aria. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"With the girl I love, unlike you," he said with a smug look. 

"Dude, that was a low blow, even for you," I said irritated.

"Did it give you guts?" Jake asked. No. It just made me feel like more of a coward than I already am.

Before I could say anything the first bell rang and the hallways started to empty. We rushed to our first lesson, not wanting to be late and facing our teacher's wrath on the first day. We settled down towards the back of the class and waited for the teacher to arrive. We had the first two periods together; which each lasted an hour and a half, then lunch, then Jake and I had History while Aiden had phsycology, and then we had a meeting with the coach after school to discuss this year's season. We chatted for the whole period until the bell rang and we all filed out of the classroom. 

We arrived at our second lesson; English. As I was talking to Jake and Aiden, I suddenly felt her presence. I looked up towards the door and sure enough, she was entering the classroom. I just wished that she would come to the back of the class and occupy the empty seat in front of me, but instead of even acknowledging my presence, she went and sat next to Eliza, I think, and freaking Tulip. Out of everyone in the classroom, she chose to sit next to the one person I loathed the most.

"Are you even listening?" Aiden asked which snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I said but they just gave me slightly disappointed looks.

English just dragged on for what felt like hours, and when the bell rang, everyone was rushing out the door to avoid getting more assignments on the first day of school. I had just stared at the back of Kiera's head, and from time to time glared daggers at Dandelion. I really wanted to talk to Kiera so I came up with a stupid plan.

"Hey, guys I'll see you at the lunch table," without waiting to hear their response I dashed out of the classroom towards her. She stopped at her locker and started to put her books back. 

"Hey, Kiera,'" I said as I approached her. She turned towards me in shock.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," I said feeling guilty.

"No, no it's okay," she said with that kind smile of hers.

"Did you need something?" she asked.

So I hadn't thought this through and was just spewing whatever came to mind. Not the smartest idea to that in front of the girl you like and are trying to impress. No wonder she doesn't want to be with me or even notice me.

"Uh, y-yeah, I was kind of hoping I could borrow your notes from English. I kinda zoned out during the teacher's rant," I babbled, but she just softly chuckled, and I swear my heart skipped a beat at the beautiful sound.

"Trust me, my notes are not illegible, but you can borrow Rose's notes, they are the cleanest ones I have ever seen," she said but I didn't want anyone else's notes, and who even was Rose?

"Rose?" she just gave me a look of disbelief and I was genuinely confused. She just shook her head with a small smile and mumbled something under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it, but you should borrow her notes. Oh! there she is," She said excitedly before shouting.

"ROSE!"

When I turned around to see who she was looking at, I froze. Why did the universe hate me so much? Now I knew who she was talking about; Poppy. When she turned around from her locker she had a small smile directed towards Kiera, and when she met my eyes it fell into a scowl, and I'm pretty sure my face was a spitting image of her expression. Nonetheless, she walked over to us. 

"Yeah?" she question, her attention directed only at Kiera.

"Luke here wanted to borrow notes but you know how bad mine are so I said that he should ask you," She explained to Daffodil, but I couldn't pay attention to any of that after I heard the first word. She called me Luke. I wanted to melt right then and there but controlled myself from making a bigger fool out of myself.

"Okay, bye Luke, and I'll see you at lunch, Rose," and with that she left, me staring at her walk away towards the cafeteria. 

"Keep staring at her, someday she might just become telepathic and realize how lovestruck you are."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh! the first chapter is done. Hope you liked it.

P:S- Updates will be slow until around mid-June because I currently have way too many tests, essays, and presentations coming up for this month.

Words Count: 1452

Published: 13th May 2021

-The_Thoughts21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...