Turn of Events - Josh Dunkley

由 bluebaggerss

[ DISCONTINUED ] Maddy is the type of girl to always put her education first, she never thinks about her dati... 更多

Characters / AN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 22

260 7 22
由 bluebaggerss

(Mad's POV)

Josh and I are delightfully woken up by the sound of his alarm, even though being woken up from sleep isn't lovely, but for Josh it's a different story!

Josh hasn't played a game since round 6 where he did his shoulder, which caused him to be sidelined for 3 months!

So, it's safe to say that Josh is beyond excited to just play again. 

Josh does his normal game prep, or that's what he told me at least.

I've been messages the girl's figuring out what today will look like and when we are heading to the ground!

Josh had been doing some stretches, especially with his shoulder. 

I know that the physio's and doctors would not be playing Dunks if he wasnt prepared, but that doesn't mean that I'm definitely not nervous to watch him. 

Obviously Australian Rule Football is a full body on body contact sport and he is bound to get tackled on his shoulder, heck Stewie might tell his players to focus on his shoulder and every-time it happens I will be shitting myself!

The prep to the game went by way quicker than I thought, and before I knew it I was kissing Josh goodbye and he headed into the bus with his team. 

Not only was is it Josh's game back, it was also Marra's second game, and it was definitely a big one, with debuting last week and not kicking goal, there is pressure on him to preform and basically have an effect on the game!

Josh lets me know when he gets to the game, mainly just telling me that he wont be responding to any messages I give him because he has to turn his phone in. 

I throw on a pair of mum jeans and of course a white jumper and my new favourite piece of clothing, josh's guernsey!

I do very basic makeup and throw my hair into a high slick back pony. 

When the time ticks over to 1:30, I grab my bag and head to Liv and Marcus's room, just to make sure she doesn't need anything.

When I knock on the door she opens it immediately

"You look nice" I say to her as she has a makeup brush in her hand 

"You as well" she says and I walk into their room

"Nice jumper" she says and I turn around with a smile on my face 

"Is it too much" I ask her doubting whether or not I should actually wear it 

"Nah, I love it, and I'm sure that Josh loves it as well" she says and I sit down at the little table that is seat up in the room

We spend a little bit of time just catching up with what happened last night and it was a quiet night for the both of us 

When the time hits 1:45, we both leave Liv's room and head downstairs to the lobby to meet up with everyone else!

Logan being the organised queen, has booked a mini bus for all of the partners that have come up.

There were a couple of partner that flew with his their boys, like Josh Bruce's wife and daughter!

Meaning, that now there were more than 5 of us now!

When everyone arrives in the lobby, Logan lets us know that the bus will be arriving any minute now!

Of course when everyone realises what I'm wearing there is a bit of banter, but everyone loved it and I did get some bullying when I told them I thought of taking it off!

Thankfully the bus ride wasn't too far from the ground, so we get there in now time...

Because of covid there are a limited amount of people allowed in the stadium, so it was very dead when we arrived!

When we got there we headed straight into the rooms to say hi to our boys!

You could hear the music blasting from the boys room, which is not a surprise

When we get into the rooms, all of the boys are separated into their own groups with their coaches, so we stay quiet and stay to a corner, but that doesn't last long with a couple of young kids with us and their boredom was setting in!

It doesn't take long for the coaches to recognise the young kids, so they finalise up with what they are saying and let the boys go to their partners!

Steven King dismisses the midfield group, and. majority of the boys come up to us, including Bont and Dunks of course 

"I love your top" Josh says as he wraps his arms around me

"I'm glad, it's got my favourite players number on the back" I say to him and I can feel a smile form on his face 

"Oh really, your favourite player, that number 5 is a beast isn't he" he says as he removes me from his arms 

"Yes he is" I say smiling and giving him a wink 

All of the girls continue to talk to the boys until the boys need to get their head into the games, so we all head to our special spot in the arena, which was away from everyone else because we, like the players are in "lockdown" 

The seats are amazing, which is always nice, they are on the second level right above the goals!

The game starts off with a bang, with Gold Coast kicking the first 3 goals, with McNeil putting a stop in the Gold Coast rampage! 

Just like I thought, I wince at every time that Josh gets a knock on his shoulder, but every time he gets back up and continues to fight.

The ball is throw onto the boot and launches into the forward 50, and Marra takes a rippa of a mark and is lining up for his first goal in afl footy!

He takes his time and runs back, and absolutely slots it between the 2 big sticks first goal is checked off!

All of the boys get to him and congratulate him!

We trail at the quarter time siren by 5 points, we looked good towards the end of the quarter, but they need to keep it up if they want to win the game!

The second quarter was off to an amazing start, with Marra slotting his second goal!

It doesn't take long for the Doggies starting to do what they do best, with Macca kicking another goal for the red, white and blue!

Macca didn't want just only one goal, he wanted two and thats what he did, he kicked another major!

JJ kicked one as well, which causes Log and Lola to get out of their seats and jump in joy!

The Doggies stole the lead at the main break, taking an 11 point lead!

The third quarter was another strong one for the dogs, kicking 3 goals, including anoetr one from Marra!

The final siren sounds and the doggies come home with a 11 point win!

In the opening minutes of the game it was definitely in doubt whether they could win, but they pulled through and came back!

We watch as the boys go around the stadium and thank the fans for coming and supporting them!

We rush down to the rooms in hopes to see the boys sign the song, which has become a common thing for the Bulldogs this year!

Josh had an alright game, bit I could definitely tell that he was tired in the last quarter, his match fitness has definitely declined since round 7!

The boys all come in wooing and shouting in joy of the win, they all huddled around each-other and start to sing the song!

"Did you enjoy watching me" Josh says as he tries to hug me, but I dodge him because he is dripping in sweat!

"Yes I did, you tired" I ask him 

"Yeah, the last quarter killed me" he says and I give him a frown 

"Hey Josh, can I grab you for an interview" one of the media personnel ask him and of course he doesn't deny 

The rest of the night was spent celebrating with the boys, and josh absolutely crashing on the bed after having a shower!

A/N

Sooo, its a hot minute since I updated this story, if you read my other story you would know that I lost a serious amount fo motivation, I ended up having a bit yesterday! Updates are definitely not going to be as much as they normally would be, but I'm hoping for once a week!

Sad to see Lippa possibly leaving, but I mean my Carlton heart would love him to come to us 

Remember to comment and vote!!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

198K 5K 45
Y/N Mewis, soccer prodigy and younger sister of Kristie and Sam Mewis. What happens when a scout comes to one of her high school games?
40.9K 1K 150
A Marcus Bontempelli Story Catie O'Sullivan, a famous musician running away from her seemingly wonderful life unexpectedly meets her match when she's...
1K 128 30
Teenage life should be pretty simple, no dramas and no complications. Adelaide thought that, but turns out life is full of its ups and downs. With he...
16.1K 186 30
Maddy Malone is a 17 year old girl from Perth, Australia. She and all her friends love to surf! Maddy wants to be a surfer when she's older, as does...