Royal Eruda-Doragon [Volume O...

By Tyhond

Sabaiya Drecorei - an elder dragon whose soul entered a human baby who soon became a princess of Drecoriem, a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

11 2 0
By Tyhond

"Master, can you promise me something? It is really important!"

"Oh? Yes, my daughter. What kind of promise do you want to make?"

A promise... A promise that is everlasting and unshatterable, it shall only be completed or left in my dreams for eternity.

Since it's a promise of the future between my master and me, I only hoped that he would fulfill my promise even if he never returned to me.

"If one day I become a human girl, can you and I get married and live together in a utopia where everything is like a dream and we never split apart, no matter~ what."

"What brought up that idea? Hehehe."

I did... There is nobody to tell me that because a promise is a forever sacred ritual. My wishes and desires all belonged to me, and if I hope for it, it may come true.

Between my master and me, there's no one, not even Sylaphie, who is able to interfere with our friendship. I didn't care if he is like a father to me. There's no one else who found me and decided to take care of me to the fullest.

"Stop laughing. It is all me and I am telling the truth! It's... It's... It's because I—"

... I-I-I... It hurt... This memory... When you ignore the other past, it is like a perfect fantasy, but when you couldn't stop remembering the time when your dearest person never returned; The promise is left untouched...

And it will forever be.

◇◇◇◇◇

Beside your soul surrounded by nothing but darkness and an evil entity that you killed once before is hope. My radiant gold soul isn't only illuminating my luck. My hope glowed alongside it, and as long as it kept lighting me up, then the dark side of Kagekome—I presumed him to be—don't scare me!

The alternate Kagekome had black eyes, and his moonlight pupils shrank as if two arrowheads glared straight at my head. Everything about his aura went from his calm auric shadow to an overwhelming grim reaper of dragons.

In addition to his eyes, there was a pair of shadow wings on his back that had a stygian purple spike on the tip. Alongside his wings are void scales on his cheeks, closely identical when I became a complete hybrid. In this form, he's a hybrid or a demi-human dragon.

He continued to move toward me while I remained snared by some sort of fear spell made no other than the shadow element entity... Grrrr! Only my eyes could view his corrupted smile of dragon teeth.

Unexpectedly, as soon as he got close to me, he positioned his hand under my chin and slightly lifted my head. His demonic abyss eyes stared observantly at me.

"When I first met you, I was a bit savage during that time. Now since I am somewhat calm, I can see that a pretty girl like you is an elder dragon."

The entity retracted his hand then walked a circle around me. He observed my anxiousness and body from bottom to top. His hand suddenly reached for my collar and attempted to take it off.

ZZzzttt!!! However, upon contact with my magenta collar, immense holy electrocution disintegrated his fingers into ashes, scorched particles evaporated into the darkness. On the contrary, a smolder appeared from his burnt wound and recreated his fingers like a salamander.

"Tch. That doesn't matter. I have a proposal for you. There are only seven current elder dragons in the world, I'm going to take this opportunity and say this. Become my loyal spouse and have offsprings with me."

He sincerely gazed at me from above. His hands grabbed mine while his wings retracted onto his back.

My face instantly turned red, my heartbeat erratically, and many thoughts of confusion engulfed my mental state.

S-s-spouse? O-o-offsprings!? Kagekome—I meant this dragon entity wanted to be my mate!? No-no-NO WAY! I'll only accept one person forever, and unless you are his reincarnation, I will decline your offer!

A short moment later, the curse or spell cast on me eased to allow me to reply to his offer.

I calmed down and responded negatively. "Apology, but your offer can go down to the underworld and forever disappear in the lava."

"Tsk tsk, what a boring answer from a tedious young woman like yourself. Why do people always refuse the greatest offer? But fret not." He leaned closer to my face, including a vain grin. "Sooner or later, you'll be mine, my love."

Apparently, I became a bit bashful again because of his way of talking to me. It's just. He's another side of Kagekome, but also a bit of a gentleman; Sinful gentleman.

Oowah! This is a bit embarrassing! I knew that he's the one who caused havoc at my kingdom, though I wished he and the other Kagekome swapped personalities, but not the desire to cause chaos. What a handsome fellow!

Still, now is not the time to daydream about the perfect shadow servant of rice I desired. I'm stuck in this void with him, and I don't know how long I will stay in this nightmare... O-or dream. I mean... Wahhh! Stop it, me!

I noticed that my fingers and head could move, the ailment inflicted on me started to wear off.

"Keep saying all that. I already made a promise that I will marry someone instead, so do not agitate me any further or else the next time I see is not going to be all glitter and sunshine. It is going to be my claw instead, hear?"

I threatened him as I cast a radiant flash sphere to blind his eyesight, yet it constantly enlarged and shrank as I kept on adding more magic to my spell. Once I stopped it, I noticed a dark swirl on his palm that absorbed it; Radiant Nullifier!

Any trace of light dissipated. The shadow had consumed all the light from the flash. The entity then grasped his hand to stop the vortex of shadow. Furthermore, he did all that without flinching and gave me a pleasant smile.

"Then why not become my lover instead. I promise, I will make you happy." He ruffled my hair before his head got closer to mine, eye contact. "Anything for my elder dragon."

"R-r-really?" I instinctively replied...

That isn't true! I understood these types of people, their kindness, and their trickery. I'm an elder dragon, so they might try to abuse my power to take it away from me! That slick bastard, he's pushing my button!

"I may be mad about you killing me once, but I wasn't myself that day. Just give me one more chance and I will prove to you. After all, I am many ways better than the other me. For example, being forward and doing—"

!!!!! He! Did he!?

His lip contacted mine while his hands wrapped around me. The gentle touch of his lip and the scent of his draconic and blue raspberry triggered a hidden passion in my soul, though they ended quickly.

<<Initiating Auric Protection>>

A random flame heated my body, melting the corruption that leaked from the entity's aura. The fire of my elder dragon soul alongside the voice. A female voice that had been a stranger to me ever since I first met him. The dragon caused chaos to my kingdom, but it also unlocked something deep inside that is still a mystery.

Around me is a luminous barrier that eliminated any darkness that attempted to consume me. More importantly, it prevented my mind from wandering off by itself into his trap! That Kagekome!!!

And because of that, I felt a bit upset... That as it may, I had no time for this.

"You are one lizard I accept. Perhaps maybe be a bit too perfect for me if only you were not too nice and a smooth talker. By my experience, anyone who is too kind or almost assumed as flawless are people you should not trust."

I shoved him and summoned an arrangement of holy shards above me. The atmosphere around me turned the void back to the achromatic province.

"So, bug off you faker. This is a dream and that first kiss does not count! I hate deceits and liars like you, it just makes me want to kill you on the spot."

My eyes illuminated as I raised my hand and snared him in my heavenly vines. The shards above me multiplied a few times before it aimed downward at him.

He only stood still, even if the world around him turned to a vast tundra of pure snow and nothing more. Only a layer of shade shielded my light against his wicked grin.

"Deceits and lies? Why don't you say that to your servant you assumed to be the real one. He is the one who's been lying to you from the beginning. I am the original—" Shut up...

"SHUT UP! YOU IMPOSTER!"

I interrupted him. I could not listen to any more of his deceptive nature.

With a furious shout in my ancient language, I initialized the clouds of glimmering light shards to bestow the raining judgment at the evil entity that somehow caused me to enter into his dream world.

The shards forcefully spiked down at his body, attempting to impale his body like a war general against a volley of arrows. However, my combative spell went through as if he was a ghost. After all, this is just a random dream that occurred as a side effect of the soul object ceremony.

He waved at me before he slowly faded away...

Phew, he's finally gone out of my sight for good. So much for a near-perfect Kagekome. I kind of wish this world isn't that mess up, to begin with.

This is a planet where utopia is impossible as long as the seven deadly sins exist. Despite them being all around us, they are one type of stain that is hard to remove. If you were to remove one, you get another. My sin edged near pride or... Greed; Not for money...

Shortly after he became non-existent into this world, a mysterious man appeared far from me. He wore a recognizable cosmic cloak and had a memorable grin that struck love into my heart momentarily.

I reached my arm toward him, rushing to see his face one more time... I wanted to remember what he looked like. Ten thousand years is like an eternity, though around ten years with you are as well!

How could I forget my caretaker's appearance? Please! Let me see your face one more time! Just one more! I could only remember what you did for me, but I couldn't recall the color of your eyes.

I finally caught up to him and leaped toward his body, enveloped my arms around him as I tilted my head upward... Wah? Mmm... Gahh! It hurt to a blurred-out face...

...When?... When do I get to see you again? How long do you have me wait?

Will you ever return to me?

Only a memorable grin is what I could remember of him.

◇◇◇◇◇

Tears... Tears fell from my eyes, the water of sadness that proved to me that I was still a thoughtful soul filled with countless emotions. As long as I still had sadness in me, it will forever remind me of my master.

My eyes were closed as I clung to the imaginative cloak of his. Regardless if I couldn't remember his face, his arms embraced me. I noticed that this dream is giving me pity... I'm pathetic... Hufufu~.

Beside this hug, there was a familiar scent of a certain someone. It wasn't only the hug that comforted me but also the fragrance of Ether-Rain berry.

It is the same smell that usually smeared over master's clothes. It made me want to lick all the aroma. I required that jelly sweet again!

Then there was a well-known intimate voice...

"Hey-hey-hey. W-what are you doing? Sabaiya, wake up. I'm not your piece of candy—"

"Hmm~? Huuwah?"

"... Yo. I mean, how are you feeling, my princess who seemed to be attracted to me when you're asleep. I'm glad that you are still quite a strange one. Heheh."

Short laughter caught my attention. I reacted to the voice that sounded like that stupid lizard, Kagekome, and opened my eyes. Nathless, I was right! It's that idiotic minor of mine! The stupid alligator—young man and his derision!

My vision wandered around a bit, and then I noticed that I was hugging Kagekome, instantaneously drooling a bit from the thought of Ether-Rain jello. I stared at him as he gazed down at me. We were both on the wooden floor beside the guest room bed. It seemed like I woke up on top of him.

S-s-so all that time when I hugged that fragment of memory was just Kagekome!? It f-felt so real, wishing that I stayed longer so I could soak up all that lovely feeling... Kagekome...

"Huh~? Uhmm... Errr... Kagekome... You a pervert. How dare you touch me, stupid lizard!"

I flustered as I banged my fist against his chest like a fussy child. My frustration and bashfulness poured into hurting him, biting his shoulder because my dream deceived me!

And also, it's Kagekome, the one and only shadow dragon that I like to blame everything on. A young man who is younger than me as a dragon and older than as a human. A boy with a personality I disliked...

Although, he's not an unpleasant dragon. The other alternative version of him is. He liked to tease me since I do the same to him. An eye for an eye... Or like two—

I shook my head and stood on top of his lap. "Apology for my cranky action. Seeing you made me a bit upset because how you hug me as I dreamt about my master just to wake up and see your not handsome face... Well, half-handsome if it makes you feel better..."

Or a handsome boy with the scent of Ether-Rain berry for some reason. My eyes gazed at him, unable to glance away in disgust as a temper girl who enjoyed teasing and wrongfully mistreated him for my troubling past.

"Then I call you half-beautiful then because a flat young lady like you can only be very adorable like a little sister, but will never be a—Yyauaahh!!!"

I began to angrily stomp all over his body for calling me flat again!

"I supposed the impudent child remained the same after the trial. How predictable."

I supposed this. I supposed that... That cynical tone from a younger girl and her abnormally superior rank in society. The excel bishop and the left Profane Hand, Veiotrice.

She stood right next to the both of us, sarcastically rolled her eyes as she tapped our heads using the tip of her staff, then gave us an adorable smile—just kidding, another silent stare of disappointment and whatnot.

Her resentfulness toward me is awfully high, and apparently, she seemed to have distrust for my servant... For now~. Fufufu~.

"Ara ara~, and I supposed the cynical child remained the same after this trial. How predictable, hehehe!" I replied, using sarcasm against her. "Am I right, Kagekome?"

"... I supposed you will not mind if I banish you from this world?"

"I already completed the Eye of Celestial's stu—"

Immediately, Kagekome stood and grabbed me from behind, having his left hand covering my mouth. I couldn't finish my sentence, though I may be for the best. If I continued, she definitely eliminated me on the spot since she gave me a death stare from her emotionless expression.

Kagekome waved his hand to calm down the provoked bishop, who had her staff surged with holy flames. He then bent his back alongside mine, bowing in apology.

"She's a silly girl and if I am not around, she will get herself into trouble because I will not be there to attract her feisty attitude. So, we both are sorry!"

I wished you can be that sincere and apologetic to me, yet you never do because you still had that grudge against me. How troublesome...

I pouted while I looked away from this situation.

"Mmm. I supposed I let that slide. Regardless, you collapsed a while ago and I found a strange dark vitality source here. So, I decided to stab, kill, and cook two birds with a brittle stick. So, you are done."

"Not even a good job or congratulation? Or even a sarcastic one?" I anxiously asked her, then a sudden thought occurred. "Wait! If I complete the trial, does that mean my collar can go off and my dragon powers return to me!?"

My heart raced as I awaited the answer that I hoped for, eyes sparkled as I leaned toward her, and my mouth opened in awe. Every part of me had eager anticipation about finally getting my draconic and ancient magic flowing through me again!

Then a rush of disappointment became the tsunami that took me to a deserted island when she shook her head and turned around.

"Aww, then what do I get from the trial then? I do not get it at all."

I whined as I followed her through the door and into the corridor. My servant sighed and followed me since there is nothing much that he could do. He's a servant, and the only job is to... Practically, I never gave him a duty.

Kagekome only followed me as if he was my bodyguard or a friend that is overly concerned for me... Hence, he was around my bed when I was unconscious...

When I turned my head to check on him, he took a slightly puzzled glimpse before his cheek became a bit pink and glanced off to the side; I did the same as well.

Veiotrice suddenly stopped in the middle of the hallway and faced us. "I supposed bothersome children like to follow me around. If you want to know the reward, you have already received it. You get to survive. That is all."

That is all? Is this what I deserved for having a breezy through the trial? I got to survive while my powers remained restricted? Although, I remembered that the Eye of Celestial said that I would have this on forever. That couldn't be true. Is it?

I worriedly gazed at Kagekome, and he seemed very silent about it because of his blank stare at nothing but the hazel and lavish green decorations.

"But, how long do I have to keep my collar on?" I questioned her.

"Would you stop? The Eye of Celestial said that you will have that on forever..."

She closed her eyes then reopened them once we started to hear the pattering of the rain.

"... He did say one thing. Only a celestial may break the color. That is the only hint, so leave me alone. The others are waiting for you at the reception room, a welcoming party for you... And do not ask how it was perfectly timed."

... I felt somewhat relieved that I had a chance to remove the collar. Even so, the problem is that I require a celestial. A god or goddess to break my weakening ailment equipment around my neck. That is near impossible to find one unless I dig deeper and find the goddess that my master befriended.

Though there isn't much knowledge about that person, so I'm back in square one.

I stood still, allowing her to travel a path that is not the way to the reception room. I turned around and pushed Kagekome into the other direction, giggling as he turned the other way so that my head could lean against his back.

"Hurry~! Tons of sweets are up ahead! They might be waiting for me to arrive and I do not want to miss it because of you, so hurry-hurry!"

"Such an impatient princess. Although... I'm a bit concerned by your sudden kindness—"

After he said that, I immediately kicked him from behind and caused him to stumble forward into a fork path hallway. My fist grasped in anger and had a furious expression, proving to him that I am still that unpleasant master he still had.

A moment after he turned around with an agitated face, I showed him a thumb-up and a mischievous smug — since I couldn't change who I am, I'll keep being a brat to him.

It might be unethical for a radiant dragon, but I presumed that my ancestors usually like to tease their counterparts as they do the same back. I believed that I understood why there is a slightly negative relationship between us.

Fufu~, now I suspected that my subconscious controlled half of my body.

"You are still the same girl who killed my vessel, forced me to be your servant, and like to harm me. Are you sure you aren't a sadist? You aren't going to cast another spell on me to extend the contract, are you?" He smirked, having a sarcastic—oowah! Stop leering at me!

"A contract is a promise, if I keep you for a week so that you would learn your lesson to not be uncontrollable and become a painful thorn for my kingdom. And for some reason, you are glad that I am not torturing you."

I pointed at him. My cheek became a bit red. When he looked at me strangely, I panicked and sprinted ahead of him, going left of the forked path.

"Hahaha, you just blush didn't you. Come on, it's alright to be embarrassed and to be perfectly honest, I am in debt."

"You are? But I thought you hated accompanying me."

Kagekome followed me to the reception room and chuckled. He lit a ball of shadow flame on both of his hands, observing the brightness it emitted. Nonetheless, it resembled shadow... Strange.

"I do, mostly. But, not you though. At my homeland, my mother is silent, my father is a strict beast, and there's nothing much to do. There were other dragons, but they don't dare to be near me unlike you. And besides, I learned a lot of things and got one step closer to becoming an elder dragon, despite not wanting to become one."

"I see..."

I felt almost the same as well, whenever I had nothing to do in the castle. Half of the day at my palace, I would spend time with the maids, preparing speeches, or studying in the library or the ancient archive.

Then the other half, I am either sleeping, napping, rolling around with Toka, or sunbathing without getting any sunburn because of my aura.

Ever since he arrived, I had been constantly busy this week as if it was a vacation from all my tedious routine. It gave me a respite from the unnecessary anxiousness of hoping something compelling happens.

"If you cause anymore trouble, I will have no choice but to extend."

"You just begged me to stay with you, don't you?" He burst out laughing...

ROAR~!!! NO~!!!..... Yes...

◇◇◇◇◇

We took a fleet of stairs down to the middle tier of the dryad realm, which is the bottom trunk above the roots and underground. It took around a few minutes of wandering in circles for my instinct to remember where a place that I rarely visited is. Another fifteen minutes to take a maze to that location... Wahh!

It's not like I knew every location like on the back of my head. There are a few places and secret areas that I remembered. Many locations scattered throughout the realm, and I could remember with only a snap of my fingers. V.I.P usually occupied the reception room back during my childhood.

Now, I am back to the spacious room of fun and events, and it's all for me! I'm so selfish! Even when I didn't ask them to have a party for me.

Alright, my luck has been great this far. The first week is often the best, and then afterward, any bad omen ignored by that week becomes the worst week of your life after your best one. Though, that is superstitious during the ancient era.

"Ughh! That took so long!" I stretched my arms as we made it to the door to the reception. "I apologize if it took a while, I had to jog my memory."

"Nah, I have seen a lot of people who can't remember at all. You are in between one who has amnesia and the one who is a kid trying to find their parents."

Kagekome responded as he opened the twin door for me as what a delightful servant—or butler-like person—would do for a princess like me.

He always had an insult after a comforting sentence. I couldn't understand why he can't compliment me often without adding an additional offending thing about me — you stupid lizard, stop hiding your true feeling!...

Actually... Please, don't... I elbowed him before I helped him open the doors and rushed inside the—

"Sabai-chan! MY BESTIE! WHY!?"

An unknown creature approached and lunged toward me into a tight hug. Its thunderbolt speed overwhelmed me and caused me to fall backward onto the palms of Kagekome. Though that wasn't enough, and the three of us collapsed onto the floor.

Hold on! The unknown creature is actually a sabertooth tiger—AHH! Wrong person! It's my dear best friend, the second-best friend I had, Zinako!

She hugged me tightly as she was careful not to hurt me and only rubbed her head against my chest, tearing up a bit... There-there, my friend. An elder dragon is okay. I am here to comfort you with my pretend wisdom.

"A lunatic cat had challenged an elder dragon." Kagekome joked as he moved us back on our feet. "It's been a while hasn't it. How about we fill our stomach before anything else happens."

He's just hungry, probably because he waited patiently in my room the entire time I was asleep. Aww, now I felt a bit guilty that I let my servant stay alongside me, starving during the process since we haven't eaten any breakfast. In spite of that, I am not hungry but craved snacks or desserts, my favorites.

Come to think of it, I didn't view the window at all, but I thought I saw sunlight still, an array of yellow and orange glare on the hardwood floorings. Could it be evening already?

"When you suddenly collapse, I thought you were going to die! Wuahuhu~, I thought you had a contagious illness or your soul was taken away from us."

It was more like being forced into a half-dream, half-nightmare world. The plain of darkness is where I met the one who was a curse to Kagekome, another version of him. A gentleman with a trickery mouth, causing me to get closer to the annoying Kagekome instead; Friendship is weird.

"A lot has happened when I am dreaming, though I am sure I do not have any disease or curse on me."

"Happy! Syla-chan is waiting for you! She wanted to discuss something with you! Al~right? It's urgent and it involves Kage~kun too!" A poke on my servant's nose! "So you follow also! Hehe!"

Zinako pulled me into the massive reception room of magnificent dryad royalty!

The largest guest room—not the largest room, that title belonged to the playground area—in the dryad realm. On the ceiling of the reception are two golden chandeliers, and unlike the tedious flame that lit the room, there were eight viridescent fireflies on each of them.

The fireflies themselves were green all around, though they emitted neutral light from their gemstone abdomen. They illuminated brighter than the one at the castle-like if they were miniature suns.

On the sides are excessive floral decorations of patterned flower pots, forestry paintings, and woodland geckos... Living woodland geckos! Small lizards that crawled over the walls are so CUTE!

And there were also dryad golems on the side, guarding the room against any threats. The ancient text covered the grayish stone sentinels on each piece of their living rocks. There are no legs from them and only a head, a body, and four arms, all levitated by its aero spirit core.

Those stone sentry stood silently behind the extensive white table full of suppers and sweets! On the left side are the salty and savory foods, though the only meat they acquired were oceanic fishes. On the other side are desserts and beverages, the side that I could crave the whole table for!

Zinako took Kagekome and me up the stairs of the room. As we went up, I noticed that Inukori wasn't with her. Maybe he's with the Queen alongside Aorita and the supervisor, Leafuo?

"Geez, I'm going to be so mad if this urgent meeting makes me skip dinner. I haven't eaten lunch yet, ughhh! Well, it's free food. Can't complain."

Kagekome looked back at the bottom floor before looking forward and skipping ahead a few steps up the stairs to the upper floor. He was on the rail, viewing the suppers and smelling the unique autumn aquatic aroma.

A nutty, peppery, and fruitful fragrance that ignored the fact that we are in the season of summer, which is only a few months away from autumn!

When I made it to the upper floor, the cloud of balminess and rich flavor decreased up here, but it was still a bit distracting, especially for Kagekome — lucky him!

The perfume of sweetness could never beat the massive smoke of supper!

"Up ahead you two! Don't be afraid! You both are not in trouble! The evil spi~rit here is!"

An evil spirit is here? Does she mean that alternate shadow dragon—the entity that I killed before—but his soul still lingered around Kagekome? I should give that evil soul a separate name...

"Evil spirit? Could it be?"

Kagekome and I simultaneously responded, quickly looking at each other dumbfoundedly... Then we both nervously chuckled and went ahead of Zinako so that we could get the meeting over with.

I am very hungry for sweets, Kagekome hungered for something to fill his stomach, and we both seemed to realize that we might have thought of the same person... He knew that man too! Time to figure him out!... Later...

"Ahh, you two finally here!"

Inukori greeted us, waving at us as he stood next to Sylaphie and Aorita. There was no Leafuo here. Perhaps he is busy with his jobs as always. That or he is studying in the ancient library of this realm.

Aorita spotted Kagekome and responded by somewhat hiding half of her body behind Sylaphie. Her trust for my servant is still scarce. She definitely sees him as the other person; Evil Kagekome!

Sylaphie giggled as she positioned her hands on her waist.

"Hekeke~! Alright, let's get to the point. First and only, I need to explain about the high concentration of darkness in this realm a while ago, the probability of what caused Rivunagai to pass out during the soul object ceremony for Kagekome."

Oh wow, I didn't know that happened to me. Ehhh, I could figure that out already by now. The only answer I do not understand is why did that Kagevil—that is what I shall call him for now—decided to meet me during the ceremony.

Was it only an opportunity he could get when Kagekome obtained the key to becoming an elder dragon?

"Oh, so Kagekome, since you got one of four soul object, do you want to become an elder dragon like me?" I smirked and patted Kagekome's shoulder.

"If only it's worth it for me. Right now, I have no need to acquire all the pieces and do the ritual... I will only do it if it's enjoyable."

Kagekome gazed at me like he desperately wanted me to hold his hands through the terrifying path to the elder dragon ritual... Ahh! That is what I think! Roar! Stupid me!

Sylaphie clapped her hands once then went over to Kagekome and me, ruffling both of our hair unexpectedly. This is surprising! Although, she has always been surprising!

"I feel so proud of my Rivunagai! And also her servant Kagekome..." She leaned toward both of us, mischievously smugging. "My little cousin is finally grown up! Despite living longer than many generations of human kingdoms. Aye yay?"

Suddenly, an extremely small prick after she positioned her right hand behind my neck. Nevertheless, it didn't hurt at all nor had any effect on me. It was probably just a tiny thorn accidentally attached to her finger.

She let go and us and looked back at the rest of the group.

"I had Leafuo investigate the evil spirit that wandered around this realm. Hekeke~, other than that, let's end the day by having fun. Besides, as I heard, the contract between you and your servant is at its end today!"

Kagekome scratched the back of his neck. "I guess... I still haven't decided what to do after the contract ends. Either way, I'm hungry so I'm going ahead of you guys. Cya!"

He leaped over the rail and went straight down onto the bottom floor of the reception room, raiding the supper table due to his starvation — and they say, food tastes the best when you're hungry!

"Oh! That looks fun! Me try!"

Zinako leaped off the rail also, landing gently onto the ground on her tiptoe. She then stretched her arms and grinned while looking up at us, who were observing the astonishing action from them.

The distance from the upper to the lower had to be around ten meters! Normal people usually injure their leg from that height—oh right~!

They aren't normal people at all—

"Don't mind if I take along! Shortcut!"

Inukori followed the river and joined their parkour charades. I never expected him to join, but then again, he is a follower of Zinako, and he doesn't mind doing the same things as her; The third person, who else?

"Hekeke! There we go! Now we're talking!"

Sylaphie grabbed the rail, front flipped off it, and landed perfectly safe on the ground. Ughh, she is a part of the abnormal crew, and for me, this is one of the things I rather not attempt.

I would rather have some catch me than jumping alone, even if I am a feathery pillow!

Anyhow, after several seconds, I noticed that Aorita was crawling on the stair down, hiding behind the rail. She seemed to be a bit scared of something, her tail calmly swayed, and then a sudden pause occurred once she made it halfway.

I glanced around, seeing if there's something to worry—WHAHH!

"What is going onAHHH!"

A vine grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the rail, and caused me to fall from the upper floor. The wind furiously blew against my face, the floor getting closer, and I can't land like this! Errahh! HELP! I'm falling!

The vine on my wrist quickly retracted and I had my arms in front of my face, eyes closed, and the thought that I would get injured from this! Sylaphie!?...

"Hup. I caught you, my master."

Kagekome zipped under me and grabbed my hands, and slightly pulled me toward him. He kneeled and allowed me to fall onto his chest. There was a chicken thigh bone in his mouth. His moonlight eyes awkwardly gazed at me before he then annoyedly glared at Sylaphie.

"You did this, didn't you!?" He exclaimed and then growled a bit because she looked away whistling. "Yeah—. Uhmm, are you alright?"

"I am... Thank you..." We gazed at each other until I got off him and turned around. "The bone you chewing on ruins the moment, you stupid lizard."

I thought it was kind of cute, yet I am no different than him. We both had a difficult time complimenting each other without being negative at some point. It is in our nature for some reason, though I liked to keep it that way.

And for Aorita, I spotted her dining at the sugary section on the left side of the room. It made me a bit upset that she was the first to be there before me, though there's plenty of sweets to go around!

The welcoming part of the great Rivunagai commenced, starting with chowing down on sweets alongside Aorita. Everyone else chose to enjoy the aroma and autumn flavor — at least I'm not alone.

I went over to the dessert section and grabbed myself pineapple jello topped with a cerulean strawberry on a lime leafy pattern ceramic. My favorite type of sweets involves jello and anything with strawberry or Ether-Rain berry—unlikely to find sweets made from that—because of the gelatin texture and how it constantly goes wobble-wobble.

And also, the cerulean strawberry, also known as oceanic strawberry from the northern sea, the sea where the Leviathan's Coral is. These aquatic strawberries are a delicacy to mermaids and a school of fish humanoids. Or fishes themselves.

They are like watermelon in a strawberry, but more concentrated in sweetness and had a slight sour like oranges. Top them with pineapple, and you'll receive a tropical thrill; A stormy beach near the sea serpent's corals, reptile's favorite.

Now there is Aorita on the other side of the table since I have already chosen my breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the sweets that most people believed to be a terrible diet for me when I haven't eaten any other meals. Ehh, my soul does most of the job, constantly running maintenance for my body.

For the sweets that Aorita chose, it seemed to be a sort of... Colored ice cake ball with some sort of filling on the inside. Oh! The culture of it, they're m-m-m... Mochi! How in the world did the dryad realm obtain foreign dessert?

Nonetheless, I'm glad they managed to acquire these goodies or recipes for mochi because if they have ice cream in them, I'll be excited! Hence, the ice circle underneath a few dessert plates such as that.

"I did not know you were a fan of mochi."

I walked up to her and spoke, enjoying the only company I have here. In addition, she is a semi-quiet girl, so I decided to get to know her a little better in a one-to-one conversation.

"Mhm! There's a recent visitor a few months back who gave us the recipe of her favorite snack. She was really kind and then she left without saying goodbye. Because of her, this is the only type of dessert I crave. Cookies second."

"Who is this recent visitor? She seemed to be a woman of culture. Fufufu~."

"Hmm?... Mmm, she goes by the name of Serenisk, a wanderer uhmm... A wandering... A wandering conjurer! She looks like a goddess of the blue moon, though she is super kind to a demon like me and also very clumsy! She likes to pat me a lot and—you should meet her!... If you encounter her."

Aorita appeared to be a bit obsessive about this woman she explained to resemble a goddess. And about the blue moon, it occurs every three years, and the true appellation of this event is called the Sapphire Nebula.

If Serenisk is indeed a goddess of the Sapphire Nebula, then there's a chance that she may destroy this collar of ancient suppression.

"Is there anything else about her I should know?"

I swiftly snatched a few mochis and added them alongside my pineapple jello as she took every piece of colorful mochi from the massive plate onto the smaller one she held. All fifty and I took five. What a hoarder she is!

By the way, I took all the pink sugar powdered ones, trusting that they have strawberry flavor in them. If not, the monotonous vanilla is decent too... I don't accept mint...

"She told me stories about the woman who created the dragon and how she had to sacrifice herself to bring peace back to the world because everyone hated her except for the one who loved her. He had to end up taking care of a dormant dragon egg and the Penumbra Arch Crystal, Penumstratis."

A dormant dragon egg and the Penumbra Arch Crystal? I had never heard of this in ancient history before. A few questions appeared in my mind. Did that dragon egg hatch? What is Penumstratis? And finally, how the heck does that woman know all of this!?

There is only one way I could think of is she is either a celestial or an ancient human. Both have perfect knowledge of the ancient era and beyond.

"Penumstratis?" I tilted my head, tossing a mochi into my mouth... Strawberry~!!!

"She told me that it contains the power to renew a soul into an immortal celestial-like. After finding a way to activate it, it eats the soul then spits out an ascension evolution, which the soul embeds to the type of vessel they want... At the end, the crystal destroys itself until a celestial makes a new one."

Aorita is insanely obsessed with Serenisk's stories, it's hard to believe how formidable the arch crystal is, yet if that woman is who I thought she is, then the rest of the story might be true.

I put the history behind me for now. My primary objective is to have a celestial get rid of my collar. Then maybe the ancient history after, but only if that lady is one of two types of being that I mentioned. If not, I'm still curious about her.

Sylaphie levitated toward us using a swirling wind while consuming a small fried eel by holding it above her mouth and dropping it in.

"Hekeke~, well it looked like you two got along. And isn't it unhealthy to be eating dessert without eating any dinner, especially you Rivunagai?"

"I am lucky to be reincarnated with my convenient soul... Kind of annoyed that I remained to look like a child because of that, but it is not a bad thing."

I glanced around and noticed that Aorita was sitting on top of one of the upper floor railing—she got there quickly—, enjoying her mochi silently by herself.

Then there was Zinako, who fed her raven companion with an azure snapper, a tiny fish packed with enormous fatty meat and known for being one of harpy's favorite fish. One thing to add, I'm overly worried about that bird. He's chubby, and he slept nonstop! Why is she feeding him so much fat!

I won't be surprised if that bird ended up being too heavy for her so that he started flying instead of resting on her head.

Inukori was next to Kagekomi, chatting to each other about what things boys like to talk about, but I only heard something about how he is trying to learn how to communicate with spirits.

Although, I couldn't hear the whole story since I just noticed the background music coming from a cluster of crickets, cicadas, and instrumental fairies above the chandeliers — and also Kagekome is devouring chicken-size tuna... Did I really starve him that much!?

"Have you ever thought about the future?" Sylaphie poured herself a cold glass of cherry raspberry wine from a dark crimson bottle. "You most of the time mention the past, but not what happens next often."

"Not really... And since when do you drink alcohol?"

"... Who said this was alcohol? Hmm, this is just uhmm, j-j-juuuice—... It's fruit juice for adults and you are reincarnated so I treat you like a kid you are. Ahum~!"

The evening fastly passed like the time it took for a storm cloud to travel from one village to another nearby. Leafuo did manage to join us at the last hour for dinner, and we had fun, which involved tons of crazy activities; Kagekome, Inukori, Sylaphie, and definitely Zinako participated. The rest, including me, spectated them.

As soon as the time struck a moment, Sylaphie started to feel sleepy, and the rest of the crew only felt a bit humanly drowsy aside from Kagekome and me. It is because dragons don't need much sleep or much of anything except desires.

At the end of the welcoming party—more like a reunion—we all returned to our resting quarters. My group, including Aorita, rest in the guest room. Leafuo should have his own personal room and the Queen of Dryad... I remembered that her bedroom was almost the size of our room; Spacious for one person.

The bed was soft, and everyone fell asleep... That is what happened for a few hours...

◇◇◇◇◇

Everyone besides the dragons remained asleep, unable to force into slumber, and had to open our eyes momentarily. I decided to stay in bed, for the time being, thinking about what to do next after today.

The only thing I could think of is the contract between Kagekome and me. Once that is broken, we shall split apart our own ways and continue with our lives... Conversely, I refused to let that happen. But, there are just things I have to let go of.

...And it's not like I like him or anything. It just adds more fuel to enjoyment alongside Zinako and everyone else. I wished the contract didn't count those three days as complete. That was too unfair!

I might complain that I must get rid of the evil Kagevil from his soul, though if I do that and I manage to truly banish the spirit, then there's no excuse for him to—

...Abruptly, I heard shuffling from a distance then onto the tranquil footstep against the wooden floor that does not creak. It seemed like someone was awake.

I took a glimpse around the room and spotted Kagekome off his bed and to the door. He doesn't seem to notice that I was awake at all, so I crept out of bed and sneaked behind him from afar as he exited into the corridor.

Kagekome paid no attention to his surroundings, and I perfectly followed his path without any hesitation of trying to hide. He only had his hands in his pocket and continuously walked around as if he knew where to go. Strangely, it won't be possible for him to have knowledge of the layout of the realm already?

Briefly, we were on the bottom floor, and my eyes flashed open, shocked! Kagekome is at the entrance of the dryad realm. He opened the two gigantic doors that hovered over the thin grass of the Dryalph forest.

The moonlight of Visomo and the moon shone upon Kagekome as he strolled outside and breathed the freshest air of this region. He did not look back, just only continued forward and depressingly stared at the grass as if...

No, that could not be—AHH! The contract I made will end late tomorrow morning... Silly me.

I followed him and took a step outside. An unexpected gust of wind blew against me, causing me to move back slightly and panic.

"Eeep! Brrr~." I screamed and then shivered at how chilly the air was.

"So, you can't sleep either." Kagekome spoke as he halted and leisurely turned around, having a frown instead of the usual smile. "Me neither. Not yet anyways... Well... It seemed like I wasn't able to secretly leave."

"W-w-what do you mean? Tell me, the contract is not over yet, so what do you mean by leaving?"

He peered before he faced the direction of the forest and sighed. His aura expanded a bit, leaking out both the darkness and the scent of void corruption.

When the atmosphere became darker, I felt a bit weakened by it until he retracted his auric shadow. The sensation of his aura was like entering the dark cavern of mysterious horror and peril.

Kagekome then slowly walked away, raising his left hand up to signal that he was leaving, though I continued to follow him anyway.

"... When the Eye of whatever put a ban on your original powers, it canceled out our contract, meaning that I should have left yesterday already... I'm just going now since I'll probably have some bothersome friends that wants me to stay in the group—"

"And that will be me!"

I shouted, pointing at him and having a smirk expression alongside an arrogant pose. He won't leave without a single reason. I won't allow it!

"Unless you have a reason to leave, stay. If you do..." I gulped my spit before gazing at the sky. "Then I want you come back to me, alright, stupid lizard kid!!!"

Kagekome paused in the road once more, lifting both of his hands and waving them as he faced me and grinned... What is he doing?

"Alright. Don't worry, it's only gonna be for a week, then I return to you. I just have to go see my family and figure out a way to create a new dragon vessel for me... Or not... So there we go. Are you happy now?"

Don't w-worry... I-I-It's only g-gonna be for a w-week—that sounded awfully familiar! That phrase is what my master said on the day before he never came back. I'll never think I heard of that again, and it came from... a friend... Kagekome, the shadow dragon that smelled like Ether-Rain berry.

It hurt me to hear that he would return in one week, though I doubt that he would come back. Something about how he said it casually like my master would beckon me to stop him somehow.

However, he is Kagekome and not my master. I wouldn't beg him to stay or follow him on the trip to see his dragon parents. He must complete his oath if I gave him one because being back home is most likely boring for him.

"Kagekome! Promise me that you will return! To me and your friends! Because if you do not, I track you down and drag you back to the kingdom if I have to! Then I will say how forgetful and lazy you are. Hmph!"

I pouted, closing my eyes as I looked away with my arms crossed. I heard silence afterward and no response. I started to believe that the reptile jerk sneaked off and purposely left me when I'm not looking.

It concerned me that my instinct opened my eyes as fast as it could to see if Kagekome—

An unforeseen thing happened, I felt a gentle head pat from a comfortable and recognizable hand. The touch, the warmth, the rhythm of a hand ruffling my golden-hair... Master, this is the best from you...

"I'll be back, I promise."

You promise... But, the last time, you never return. How long do I have to wait now? Another ten thousand years until I get to see you again... Wait, master... You're not... Wait... Kagekome...

I stared at the young man's face. My eyes shed tears in grief and memories. Nonetheless, he is not my master. Within my soul, it told me that he resembled the one I promised to be with forever.

The Ether-Rain scent, the way he patted me, how often I dreamt of my master when I am asleep. Even so, he is Kagekome, and if he is the closest thing that reminds me of my caretaker, I gladly love to persist in being near to him. Despite being a pain once in a while — or all the time.

"A-alright. I believe you and if you break that promise, the next I see you, you will be my pet forever. Okay? So do not break that promise if you know what is best for you. Fufu~." I knotted his pinky with mine to create a vow.

Kagekome shook my pinky then poked my nose before quickly leaping back. "Sure-sure, human. Ah-haha, I mean my adorable princess of Drecoreim. Once I return, I'll have fun messing with you again. And if I break that promise, you can lock me in the cage if you want. Heh."

"Bye~! Kagekome!"

"Cya soon in one week, I promise." He waved before departing on a journey further south.

The south is known for the vast mountains and endless clouds constantly moving around in a circle—some will escape—, home to many aerial creatures such as wyverns, griffins, harpies, and so on.

Dragon included though I believed most are in more sacred veiled locations. Kagekome was the first dragon to appear after fourteen years when my death as an elder dragon impacted the others... Fear...

"You better keep that promise, stu~pid lizard~!"

...I hope you don't break your promise as my master did. It felt concerned that you might lie and never come back, especially when you almost resemble my master beside the somewhat disobedient and teasy personality.

As Kagekome got farther away from me, my body started to heat up. Anxious sweat came off from me as I began to weep. I am afraid, afraid that he'll never return like my master. If he leaves, then every part that bears a resemblance to my caretaker is gone as well.

I went back inside the tree and leaned against the wall, slowly sat down, and tucked in my legs so that my arms could wrap around them. I sat there quietly, having half hope and half downhearted.

I didn't get to teach him everything about the ancient era or how to speak the ancient language that only we and other mythical creatures understand. I still haven't shown him around the castle, nevertheless, the kingdom. I haven't taught him human cultures, learned magic together, or even attempted to recreate the Ether-Rain jello... That one was selfish of me.

Countless things that incomplete if he doesn't come back as we promise. Why am I so obsessed with an idiotic dragon like him. He made me fussy, frustrated, and... Never bored me to death, unlike other boys who had masks on and attempted to win me; Princes.

At least Kagekome is honest, regardless of being a handsome jerk sometimes, causing me to become active and keeping my mind lighthearted — one of a kind foolish child under my dragon wing.

"Please... Please return... Or else I won't forgive you... Kagekome..."

I spoke his name one more time, my vision blurred as I finally had the urge to sleep at the wrong time. I collapse onto the grass, my back on the bottom and my view at the two moons, both brightness might match the sun if they both combined — they lit up the whole forest.

The drowsiness kicked in, and I steadily shut my eyes, resting on the soft grass as if I was back to being a dragon that enjoyed the soft nostalgic bed of the forest.

It's lovely. I used to rest on the grass next to my caretaker, having him rest against my scale when I was several years old. Perhaps I should make Kagekome rest against me when I am able to become a golden dragon once more.

My mind commenced the process of entering sleep mode, allowing myself to dream...

.....

"Kagekome!!!" I woke up, furiously looking around for him, though there was no sign of him.

It's been one week and one day already... You promised me that you would return in one week. It's already passed, so where are you!? Did you forget about the vow we made and that you should come back after a visit for your family!?

He never came home...

— Kagekome

End Of Volume One

◆◆◆◆◆

Royal Eruda-Doragon

Volume 1, Chapter 8

Author: Gutyhond Nguyen (Tyhond)

Published: May 13, 2021

© All Rights Reserved

◆◆◆◆◆

"Sorry for the longest delay. Looks like I broke your promise, my bad." A sword pierced the ground, removing it from its lightless void. "I'm finally back, Sabaiya."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
8M 459K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
6.3K 272 27
She was a Human Girl, that's all she remembers. Waking up in a dark place without a body, she encounters someone she could only describe as godlike...
451K 12.9K 37
Warning: There is abuse and extreme trauma in the beginning of this story. "This is the first time I've seen a human as small as you." I lightly fli...