Trials of a Champion - Kanto...

By MsGameinIt

The beginning of the journey is where first impressions and difficult decisions matter the most. Together wit... More

1 Pokémon I Choose You!
2 A Pallet-able Meeting
3 A Night on the Town
4 The Caterpie of the Day
5 A Rocky Battle
6 A Zubat and a Moon Stone
7 To Beat a Gym Leader
8 And Then There Were Three
9 Electric Shock Showdown
10 Battle Aboard the St. Anne
11 Pokémon Shipwreck
12 Island of the Giant Pokémon
13 Beauty and the Beach Part 1
14 Beauty and the Beach Part 2
15 Tentacruel Intentions
16 A Girl's Curse
17 A Spooky Detour
18 Handle with Scare
19 Fighting Fear with Fear
20 The Road to Celadon
21 City of Rainbow Dreams
22 Prepare for Big Trouble
23 Shall We Play a Game?
24 Friends and Foes Alike
25 Bitter and Sweet Reunions
26 A Tale of Six Tails
27 A Deal's a Deal
28 Never a Rose Without a Prick
29 Rulers of the Road
30 A Gutsy Move
31 Get the Message
32 A Fiery Friendship
33 Fuchsia's Famous Funhouse
34 The Poisonous Ninja Master
35 Into the Safari Zone!
36 The Paths of Least Resistance
37 A Series of Fortunate Events
38 A Girl, A Boy, A Mother, and a Dragon
39 It's Training Time!
40 A Sky Full of Stars
41 Fires in the Night
42 Once and Flor-al
43 A Trip to the Store
44 A Brother from Another Mother
45 A Short Squabble
46 The Golden Rule
47 One Eevee, Two Eevee, Red Eevee, Blue Eevee
48 Sparks Fly
49 The Green-Eyed Monster
50 Good Night Pokémon
51 Approached by a Poacher
53 Together Forever
54 The Bonds of Evolution
55 Return to Saffron
56 Brains vs Brawn: Best of Both Worlds
57 Power Outages Are a Girl's Best Friend
58 Sparks, Lightning, and Explosions, Oh My!
59 A Shock in Paradise
60 Team Rocket Takedown, Act I
61 Team Rocket Takedown, Act II
62 This is My Secret
63 Her Origin Point
64 All I Want For Christmas Is...
65 Setting Sail for the Seafoam Islands
66 Diving with Pokémon 101
67 An Icy Retreat
68 Under the Weather, On the Sea

52 I Love You 100,000

894 26 8
By MsGameinIt

A/N: If this title gives anyone Endgame flashbacks, I'm sorry.

The impact from Iron Tail spread like a shockwave throughout Golem's entire body, from the tips of its teeth to the claws on its feet, causing him to faint before he even hit the ground.

"What the...? Where'd that rat come from?"

"You're okay!" Pikachu landed in front of me. She still wore her scarf, and she held the beanie in her mouth. After taking a moment to set the hat back on her head, Pikachu growled at our opponents. "I'm guessing that was payback, right?"

Seeing his Pokémon get taken out so easily was nothing short of surprising, and yet it left Attila slightly impressed as well. "Not bad, but don't be too sure of yourself. The next one won't be so easy. Call him my trump card."

He tossed a Poké Ball.

From out of the device emerged a Pokémon taller than everyone here. A reptilian mass of green scales, teeth, and claws, and an equally-sharp set of eyes that stabbed souls, and spikes decorating its head, back, and tail. Its snout wrinkled with a thirst for battle. Fangs were bared. A growl came from its throat; a very intense, sharp, rumbling hiss that could be felt with the bottoms of your feet.

Thankfully, I was afraid of ghosts and not reptiles. If I had even an ounce of herpetophobia, I would've sprinted away from there as fast as a dog with its tail tucked between its legs.

"And I thought Gyarados was scary."

"What...is...that?"

"You kids have never seen one before, have ya? If you think it looks cool, just wait and see its power! Tyranitar! Hyper Beam!"

With a spine-chilling snarl, Tyranitar cracked its jaws open.

In a blink, the dirt patch where we stood a moment ago had been burnt by Hyper Beam, drawing a trail all the way to the water.

"Thanks for getting out of the way." Attila fired another net that captured Charmeleon, Persian, Primeape, and the Eevee family. "Ooh. That silver Eevee will get me some cash for sure, and that Butterfree."

"Stop it! Vulpix and Ponyta use Fire Spin!"

"Tyranitar!" In a single movement, Tyranitar was in front of its trainer and shielding him from the combined Fire Spin. Smoke and embers bounced off its body while it remained perfectly still, smirking just like its trainer.

"No damage?!"

"Now use Sandstorm!" Tyranitar roared. A giant sand twister appeared and surrounded its body, gradually moving towards us. The growing tornado swallowed Nidoking in its wake, but it looked unharmed.

"Right. Ground-, Rock-, and Steel-types don't take damage. Rhyhorn, block it!"

Rhyhorn jumped in front of Vulpix and Ponyta to shield them.

"Nice! Now, our turn. Just like we practiced. Thunder Bolt!" By bracing himself against the dirt, Rhyhorn fired a deadly bolt of lightning from his horn. It tore through the sandstorm and struck Tyranitar in the face, staggering him. "Bullseye!"

"While they're busy, we'll take Nidoking. Kadabra use Psybeam!" Kadabra appeared to the side of our opponents and shot his attack. However, the whirling sandstorm reduced the Psybeam to a simple ray of light that left Nidoking completely unharmed. "What? Just how strong is that sandstorm?"

"Strong enough. Megahorn!" Nidoking knocked out Kadabra.

"Shit," cursed Paul.

"You annoying brats need to quiet down." Attila aimed the cannon again, and fired.

A net caught the unconscious Kadabra, Eevee, Pinsir, and Scyther, and anyone nearby.

"Aghh!"

"Paul!!"

Paul had also gotten captured. His whole body seized as he got electrocuted slowly and painfully. He saw stars. A mix of aches, pains, and cramps moved him to the edge of unconsciousness.

"Paul—" I moved to help him, but he thrust his hand into the air.

"Don't...get any...closer, Girlie...!" Despite being overwhelmed by pain, he refused to break our eye contact. His eyes oozed with desperation, worry, and anger. "Not one...step... Got that?!"

My heart raced. "But, but I... have to help..."

"Hahaha!" Attila's chuckles infuriated me. "That's cute."

I whipped around to shout at him, "Shut up and let them all go, you bastard! Thunder Bolt, both of you!" Everyone who could use Thunder Bolt attacked all at once.

"Block it." Nidoking blocked the attack, while Attila attempted another capture.

"Rhyhorn use Take Down!" Rhyhorn tore through the oncoming net like paper.

"Brick Break!" With a glowing arm, Tyranitar smashed Rhyhorn into the dirt.

However, the move left Nidoking wide open. "Sorry if it seems like I used you as bait, Rhyhorn, but thanks. Vulpix use Extrasensory! Haunter use Shadow Ball!" They fired their attacks at Nidoking.

Just before he could get hit, Tyranitar shielded him, taking barely any damage at all.

"Tyranitar resists Psychic and Ghost attacks, too?!"

"That's because it's a Rock- and Dark-Type." Attila caught Haunter and Vulipix, and both Tauros before I had a chance to give them a command. "It's the best Pokémon that can stand up to anything and anyone."

I clenched my jaw. "So, in other words, we have to beat it and Nidoking. Right?"

"You're welcome to try." Nidoking and Tyranitar both roared at us.

"Fine." At that point, I only had two Pokémon left who had enough strength and battle experience to fight the two powerhouses—and enough of a chance to win. "Luxio, Pikachu, let's do this thing."

They both assumed a battle stance, ready to fight and protect everyone.

"Ladies first."

"Don't mind if we do. Double Swift, let's go!" Luxio and Pikachu swung their tails in sync.

"Flamethrower!" Tyranitar used Flamethrower to destroy the stars. Smoke obscured our vision, and Nidoking used our blindness to move in for a close hit. We spotted him just as he burst through the smoke cloud, glowing horn aimed at Pikachu.

"Protect!" Luxio jumped in front of Pikachu and summoned a green forcefield. Nidoking rammed into it headfirst and stumbled backward. "Quick Attack!" Pikachu flew over Luxio, smashed into Nidoking, and then used his head as a launchpad to fly toward Tyranitar.

"Brick Break!" Tyranitar moved to the side and swung his arms down. Pikachu took a direct hit. However, she also used her opponent's moves to her advantage. She grabbed Tyranitar's arms and launched herself high into the air.

"Thunder Bolt on Tyranitar!" She scored a direct hit.

"Good luck landing. Earth Power!" Nidoking's outline flashed yellow for a moment and he slammed his fist into the ground, creating glowing gold cracks that traveled toward Luxio and the spot where Pikachu was destined to land.

"Double Team, both of you!" Pikachu and Luxio surrounded Tyranitar and Nidoking in alternating duplicates, some in the air and some on the ground. Nidoking's Earth Power could no longer accurately hit its target, and Pikachu was able to safely land. "Now, Dig!"

"Stone Edge!" Tyranitar launched a series of tiny rocks to quickly eliminate the clones.

"Shock Wave!" Luxio's attack collided with Tyranitar's Stone Edge and caused a series of firework-like explosions to set off. "Now, Iron Tail on Nidoking!"

"Counter with Megahorn!"

Nidoking and Luxio clashed in the middle, their powers equal.

But Attila had forgotten about Pikachu. "Where's the other electric runt?"

"Right here! Do it, Pikachu!" She appeared directly beneath Nidoking, and since he was preoccupied defending against Luxio's Iron Tail, he was unable to defend against Pikachu. She slammed into his gut from below.

Nidoking rolled back near Tyranitar.

"Don't think you've won. Dark Pulse while they're together!" Tyranitar launched its attack.

"Dodge!" Luxio and Pikachu barely had enough time to jump and avoid the attack, but they had jumped in opposite directions. This put us right in Attila's trap, because suddenly Nidoking was already up and charging for Pikachu.

"Brick Break!"

"Iron Tail!"

Pikachu swatted away the first Brick Break, but then Nidoking swung its other arm forward to score the hit. Nidoking landed the attack hard enough to heave her into a tree back. She collapsed on the dirt, struggling to get back up again.

"Pikachu!" This left Luxio outnumbered. "Crap! Luxio can't fight them both..."

"Don't mind if I attack, then!" Instead of giving his Pokémon a command, he took the opportunity to catch more.

I just barely noticed him aiming his electric net cannon at Mama Kangaskhan.

"Look out!"

I jumped in the way just in time. The net wrapped around my torso and instantly buzzed to life, resulting in a painful electric shock. I collapsed on the ground with my hands fighting to break the net, but it was difficult with my muscles spasming out of control.

"Rosa... Agh...!" Paul scrabbled at the dirt and the net around him, unsuccessfully attempting to rip it open while still being shocked to death. The others had been knocked out. The only thing he could do now was watch.

As Luxio raced over to help, I bared my teeth and roared, "Hey! That's playing dirty!"

The villain happily replied, "That's how I play, sweetheart!" before launching another net.

"No!" I tried to move.

Seeing the net coming toward her, Mama Kanga reacted by tossing both Li'l Kanga and Cubone far to the side to keep them from getting caught. She got captured by the net the second after she did so.

However, the two little ones landed a little too close to Nidoking.

"Get out of there, you two!"

Li'l Kanga froze in one spot, timidly hiding behind Cubone. He tried to act tough for his little buddy, so as Nidoking glared them both down, Cubone jumped up and smacked Nidoking over the head with Bone Club!!

"AHH...!"

A little startled, Nidoking rubbed his head.

"You gonna take that from a shrimp?"

Eyeing his Trainer for a moment, Nidoking pulled back his fist for a Poison Jab.

"Cubone!"

Just as Nidoking attacked, Luxio appeared and connected with Spark, defending Cubone and Li'l Kanga. Luxio summoned enough power to send his opponent tumbling backward. Even better, small amounts of electricity crackled on the Poison-type's body.

"You paralyzed him?!"

On the other hand, purple bubbles appeared from Luxio's fur and crackled just overhead. Not a moment later, Luxio's eyes began to glow red. This put a satisfied look on my face.

"That's it! Show 'em how gutsy you are, Luxio!"

Attila looked a little worried to see Luxio glowing red and screaming with rage, his enhanced power pouring out. "Shut it down with Megahorn, Nidoking!"

"Iron Tail!"

Nidoking and Luxio clashed once more. Nidoking's Megahorn worked for a few seconds, but Luxio powered through it. He hit Nidoking over the head, then flipped around to send his tail into Nidoking's side, and finally launched the Drill Pokémon into a tree, in the exact same manner that he did to Pikachu.

"Yes!"

Luxio let out a loud battle cry.

"Dammit. Tyranitar!"

Luxio just had to overcome the final hurdle: Tyranitar, who still looked completely unharmed and full of energy. From the way the Pokémon sized up Luxio, it seemed as though he had yet to see any kind of battling and could fight all day.

Thus, Luxio and Tyranitar entered a battle of wills. They exchanged attack after attack with each other. Spark. Brick Break. Thunder Bolt. Hyper Beam. Swift. Sandstorm. It seemed like the battle could go on forever, but that was impossible. As the seconds passed, it became clear who'd win in this endurance test.

"Luxio," I whimpered while still resisting the electrocution. Cubone and Li'l Kanga stood just a bit behind me, which I urged them to do to avoid capture.

Up ahead, Luxio's attack boost from Guts began to wear off, leaving him exhausted as he refused to give into Tyranitar's power. He got punched and kicked, tossed around like a ragdoll, but still kept getting to his feet.

"He can't keep this up. He needs help. Just an energy boost. Something to give him enough power to finish that thing off."

An idea entered my head.

I turned to see where Pikachu landed. She had been thrown back beside the tent, and it looked like she could barely move. However, I could at least confirm her soft, slow breathing, which meant maybe she was awake and could hear me.

"Pikachu, can you hear me? Pikachu!"

Her ears twitched.

"Yes, you can hear me! Pikachu, please get up! Get up! Luxio needs your help out there! He can't fight on his own anymore. He needs you. I need you. Please!"

Smack!

After taking another Brick Break to the face, Luxio flopped down on the ground nearby.

"Luxio, no!"

"Now." Attila moved closer and aimed his weapon right at me. "I respect you a little, sweetheart. So let's make a deal. Just surrender, and I'll take all the Pokémon, and you and your boy toy will be free to go."

I clenched my jaw. "No way!" My hand moved to throw a punch his way.

"Fine." He clicked the trigger.

"Rosa!"

Another net wrapped around me to increase the voltage. I could feel the onset of third-degree burns, but an intense surge of adrenaline gave me enough strength to ignore my boiling blood.

"I'll force you to surrender, then."

"Think I can't handle a little electricity?! Luxio...! Get up, Luxio!"

He tried to get up and use Swift on Tyranitar.

Tyranitar swatted the attack aside and tackled Luxio. As if he hadn't taken enough damage already.

Another net coiled itself around me.

Then, another.

And another.

Attila planned to keep firing nets and stacking the voltage until I gave up.

"Over my...dead body you'll take my Pokémon."

Pikachu watched the whole thing. Her body filled with desperation to protect me, her friends, and Paul. Everyone. She wanted to save everyone, but she would need Luxio's help in order to defeat Tyranitar. It was like I said: "Luxio needed a power boost." An external one, though, because Pikachu felt beyond exhausted already.

Pikachu contemplated what to do.

Something clicked, causing Pikachu to focus on the tent. She spotted my bag on the ground. Inside it, a tiny object glimmered from the small rays of sunlight casting down between the trees.

Pikachu's eyes widened.

With a sudden, vicious roar, Luxio got back to his feet and charged at Tyranitar, the last major obstacle, once more. His tail glowed with the power of vengeance. He jumped and flipped around to smash Tyranitar in the face.

Having enough with his opponent, Tyranitar used Brick Break to pin Luxio to the ground.

"Finish it off already! Hyper Beam!"

"Get out of there!"

Luxio tried to electrocute Tyranitar, but he couldn't summon the energy to do so.

Tyranitar opened his mouth and charged the attack.

"Luxio!!"

chUUUUUUU!!!

A massive lightning bolt blasted Tyranitar in the face, interrupting Hyper Beam and staggering the armored Pokémon. He and his trainer both backed away to prepare themselves for any second attacks. The villain cried, "A Thunder Bolt?! Where'd that come from?"

"It couldn't have been Luxio. He's still down," Paul noted, just as surprised as the rest of us.

"That voice... No way..." I looked back where Pikachu had collapsed.

In her place, a dark-orange Pokémon with brown ears and the longest tail of any Electric-type scowled at Tyranitar, yellow cheeks crackling with electricity. There was a beanie on the Pokémon's head and a scarf around its neck.

My breath hitched. "It can't be..."

"Is that a Raichu?!" screamed Paul.

"It's a little pest! Tyranitar, Brick Break!"

Getting hit in the face with Thunder Bolt pissed it off, so Tyranitar happily turned, roared at its opponent, and charged forward with glowing fists. Each footstep caused the ground to quake, creating sounds loud enough to frighten anyone.

Except for Raichu.

It jumped up and slammed its glowing fist into Tyranitar's head.

"It knows Brick Break, too!"

While a dazed Tyranitar staggered and regained its bearings, Raichu raced over to Luxio, who had all but collapsed from pure exhaustion. They smiled at each other for a moment before Raichu sparked her cheeks and surrounded them both with electricity.

My eyes focused on Raichu's chipped tail.

"You are!! You're...?!"

In an instant, all life had been returned to Luxio's body. He regained his strength, returned to his feet, and shook himself free of all fatigue. His eyebrows furrowed. He looked ready to kick ass, and he thanked Raichu for the power boost.

Together, Luxio and Raichu faced Attila and his Tyranitar.

"I'll get you little electric runts! Hyper Beam!" Tyranitar unleashed the strongest Hyper Beam possible.

Luxio and Raichu dodged the attack with ease. Then, Luxio used every ounce of his renewed strength to smash his tail into Tyranitar's side multiple times, knocking it into the ground.

Motioning for Luxio to back away, Raichu sparked its cheeks, pointed its tail up into the air, and howled.

It was like a switch had been turned on. A dark, swirling storm cloud materialized overhead, right above Raichu's tail. The cloud crackled with thunder and lightning, ominously glowing with a mix of blue and yellow flashes.

"What's going on?" I heard Paul mutter.

Dex registered his voice, and replied: "Raichu the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pikachu. Raichu's tail functions as a ground and releases electricity into the surface, which keeps it from shocking itself. Raichu can shock with more than 100,000 volts, enough to render a Dragonite unconscious. Its signature attack is—"

"Thunder," I mumbled.

Howling once more, Raichu swung her tail down like a sword. A large lightning bolt came out of the cloud and struck both Tyranitar and Attila. It burnt them to a crisp, also destroying the net cannon in the process.

Both of them blacked out. I was surprised they managed to survive the attack.

With the cannon destroyed, all of the electric nets disengaged, allowing everyone to free themselves. Paul tore through his net and rushed over to tie up the poacher. Eevee and a few others helped him out. Then, Fearow flew off on a trip to the nearby rest stop, with a message asking the shop owner to contact the police.

As for me, I stared in disbelief as Raichu came over to free me.

"You're really Pikachu, aren't you?"

After cutting my bindings with Iron Tail, she smiled and tugged at her scarf.

"That means," my eyes flickered between her and my backpack, "that you took one of the Thunder Stones."

She nodded.

"But, I don't understand. You said you didn't want to evolve, and I promised I wouldn't force you to do it. So, why?"

After a moment, Raichu emitted a sweet cry, moved closer, and hugged me. She nuzzled her head against my chest and coiled her tail around us both, ears tickling my face. I felt my heart get painfully tugged by the gesture.

With a wobbly lip, I caged Raichu in my arms and cried against her. "I love you, too."

It wasn't long before Luxio shoved himself into the hug.

"Hey. Don't get jealous. I love you, too, Luxio." I pulled him into the embrace. "And thank you for your hard work. Both of you. You battled so hard, and it's because of you that everyone's safe, and that lunatic will go to jail."

Attila was bound to a tree as we awaited the police's arrival.

"Hopefully, he won't be poaching anymore."

"Paul!" I rose to my feet and wiped at my face. "You're okay, right?!"

"Relax. I'm fine. A few bumps, but no worse than you."

I examined the burns going up and down my arms. "Ah, it's nothing. A little water treatment and a good night's sleep and I'll be back to normal."

"Well, I'll have Vaporeon help you out."

"Fine."

"In the meantime," Paul looked around at the group of Pokémon recovering from the shocking incident. "I think it's a fact now that we have way too many Pokémon with us."

"I think you're right." I looked at my Pokétch. "So, you're saying this should be foolproof, right?"

"Yep. Here. Let me show you." He grabbed my hand.

"Wh-What are you doing?"

"Showing you how it works. Why are you so jumpy all of a sudden? You were acting all tough five minutes ago."

I ripped my hand from his grasp. "Let's wait until the cops arrive at least, and then you can just tell me how it works."

After Officer Jenny apprehended Attila and hauled him away, with Paul's guidance, I figured out the Pokémon transfer system. By the end of the night, we had sent several over to Reggie for safekeeping. He was happy to oblige, and he promised to take good care of everyone I sent to him.

I still kept about half of my team.

Especially Raichu.

"I can't believe I have my own Raichu now," I whispered.

She tilted her head.

We sat up in the trees and stared out over the shimmering lake. Paul and the others all passed out a little while ago, huddled together on a blanket near my tent. They had a big day. They were, understandably, exhausted.

Though I also felt tired, I couldn't quite go to sleep yet. Neither of us could.

I pat Raichu's head. "Thank you."

Smiling, she popped up onto her feet, hugged me, and shocked me. It hurt a little, but I was used to it. Plus, electricity is the way Electric-types show affection, so it means a lot to get shocked so much.

"Love you, too, Raichu."

Chu!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 1 5
More adventurous Pokemon story with a deep interesting plot with original OCs and fan favourite characters. This is an original plot and a bunch of...
62 4 7
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ⱥ sŧɍȺnǥɇ sønɨȼ ƀøøm ɍɨnǥs øᵾŧ Ⱥȼɍøss ŧħɇ ᵽłȺnɇŧ. Something has arrived. Well, MULTIPLE somethings. Emily and...
123K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...
3.5K 101 15
2022: This needs to be rewritten, and I am currently rewriting it on my AO3. Check my profile for a link to my AO3 profile, under Mel_the_Pirate! It'...