Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 24

17.2K 623 195
By nic275

Ting ! Ting ! Ting ! Ting !

Something hard is hitting the cell bars . Again it rings .

Ting ! Ting ! Ting ! Ting !

My eyes pop wide open , I stare at the metal gates . The warden from yesterday is standing there .

"You have a visitor." He says while opening the metal gates .

Who could that be ? Is Kimberly already here ? That cant be right , she's supposed to come here at the end of the month .

It should be important since it woke me up during my daytime nap . I follow mister four words to the visiting room or whatever.

I've been in this place for three weeks , counting tomorrow , it's a full month . I miss momma so much .

When the warden opens the door, I see someone I'd never expected to see here . This person has no business here .

I walk involuntarily towards the table , my butt mechanically sits down on it's own.  I can feel the tears prickling in my eyes .

"What do you want here Jason?" I ask through a throat that is clogged by the bile rising up .

"I came to see you. " he simply says .

It's been months since he'd spoken to me directly . His voice is completely different , it's not the loving one that I'd hear during the first months of our marriage or as pained as the day  of the incident , it just sounds distant .

"See me doing what?" I bite out . Tears at bay . When he doesn't answer , I continue .

"You came to see me rot in jail? To laugh in my face? Is that what you want to see?" I say , now full on shedding tears . This takes him by surprise , as he stays as quiet as the company on a Monday. 

"Isn't it enough that I'm here and she's sleeping in my bed?" I ask , barely a whisper my voice sounds .

"How'd you know?" He asks , taking the last bit of patience and calm I had left in me .

"Why?" I whisper . Afraid that he'll hear me and answer back the words that will turn me into the monster I am .

"I dont know." He says . Just like , that's all it took , a psychotic laugh escapes my throat .

"You dont know? You dont know! You ruined my life , my career and my relationship with my mother and all that I want from you , not money , not anything expensive , just a simple explanation and you dont know?" My voice has gone higher .

"Cassandra I didnt mean to..." he tries but I cut him off .

"You didnt mean to what? To hurt me? What did you intend to do? Make me happy? Is that what you thought ? Because you thought wrong ." I say tearing up again .

"Cassandra I swear to God ..." he tries again  but I stop him .

"Do not bring God into your bullshit." I warn .

"I meant every word I said when I made my vows I wont ever love any woman the way I do you ." He says .

"Jason we're married . You said those words at our wedding as a vow to me , if you really dont love any woman the way you me then what do you call what you have with Kayla?" I spit .

"That's different , it's a problem actually because I never vowed to be faithful , I vowed to love you and be with you , never said anything about faithfulness.  With Kayla that's just me having fun." He dare says .

"Is me being in here 'just you having fun' too? You're choosing fun over me , your wife?" I say elevating my voice .

"I didnt choose anything!" He also elevates his .

"You did , you chose something . Why am I in here and she living freely? If you didnt choose anything then you would've bailed me out withing me being here the first day !" I say , all the pain pooling out .

"Cassandra I didnt bail you out because I want you to learn your lesson , you dont just go about beating people up and then walk a free woman , other people are being arrested for bartering,  what's so special about you?" He spits .

"Wow,  Jason Kurtis Smith . It's you saying those words to me ? Jason you are saying that to me? This is a new one .

All because you have a couple of bucks in your pockets you think that you can treat me like shit? Jason I made you who you are today .

That fancy Armani suit , that cologne you're wearing,  that expensive watch you have on , the car you drove here in , the wallet in your pocket and the money inside it , the house you and Kayla lay your heads to rest in , the company you so gracefully call yours , even the bloody body cream on your face , that is all me! All Cassandra Miller!!!

And you? You didnt even contribute a cent out of your pocket.  This , this is all my father's insurance money . You didnt even thank me , you cant even thank me .

I was there for you when you took the bold decision to leave school and start a business,  I was there when your parents threw yoh out , I took you in . I spent all those nights up with you , drawing up business plans with you just so that you can submit on time .

I stood up for you when my mother called you names . I jeopardized my relationship with my mother for you . I moved over two hours away from my mother just for you . I was there when the business was not making a profit . I cried with you when you lost and I celebrated with you when you won .

I did that because I'm your wife Jason . Not because anyone asked me to , but because I wanted to .

Why was I not enough ? Why didnt you let me go if you felt like I was not the one ? What is it that you wanted that you didnt get from me?

Do you want me to wear skimpy clothes? Do you want more sex? Vivid positions ? Because I can do that for us . Do you want me to be around more , because I can do that . Do you want a child? Tell me , tell me please tell me?

What do you want me to do for you to love me? What should I do for you to understand that I have to work hard , for us ? What should I do to make you want me , to make you come back .

Tell me, tell me and I'll do it . What do I do to be enough for you ? Talk to me ! Tell me! " my eyes are filled with tears and my cheeks are damp of the tears . My voice thick with a cover of pain .

His eyes look damp too , he is not seriously about to cry,  I'm the one that's hurt here . What's he crying about ? Being told the truth?

"You dont understand Cassandra,  I love you ." He says .

"No you dont ! You dont ! Because you dont care about me , you dont even know if I ate last night . You dont love me , you didnt hesitate to send me here . You didnt hesitate to testify against me . You didnt hesitate to drag my name in the mud .

To be with her and all the other ones.  Did it ever hit you that you are not making a fool of me but of yourself . Because at the end of the day you lost a diamond whole searching for coal .

All these bitches you fucked . That's all on you, you are the one being called a man-whore . Our company is loosing sales all because people dont want too associate themselves with an adulterous. 

So joke is on you , because I could easily rebuild myself , write a book , inspire women who have also been cheated on . And you? Its permanent. " I say then stand up and begin to walk away .

I turn around and look at him dead in the eyes . Secretly memorizing his gorgeousness.

"And Jason, congratulations on your official relationship with Kayla . You two are perfect for each other . Gold digger for gold digger . Wow!" I say as I wipe the tears off my cheeks .

I won this time!

Author's note

Hey there , how was your day?

My birthday is coming in seven days😭😭😭❤🥰
27 May , my day😎

Anyway,  how was this chapter , did you enjoy it ? Drop some comments on what you liked and what you didnt .😁

I'll try to update another one ..😊

Vote , comment and recommend 🥰🥂

Nic275 🧚‍♀️😪❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 23.6K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
1.7M 95K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...