Naruto Magazine: Issue #10

By NarutoMagazine

More

ღIntroductionღ
☞Advertisements!!☜
☪Finally Fessing Up☪
❦Oneshot: Red Thread❦
❃Favorites❃
☯Advice: School Stress.☯
✲Undiscovered Gems✲
✣Questionnaire✣
☢Rapid Rant: Mispronunciation☢
✐Fanfic Review: "Mori No Ko"✐
☀WoW☀
❉Undiscovered Gems❉
✿Finally Fessing Up!✿
☀Favorites☀
☠Rapid Rant: Originality!☠
☂Oneshot: Endless Rain☂
♦Fangirl Mania: Sakura Haruno♦
☾Fanfic Review: "Never Too Late"☽
►That One Character: ~Deidara~◄
❀Cosplay: Hinata & Kakashi (from experience)❀
♛Poll Results/Monthly Poll!♛

✬Oneshot: Shikamaru: Lazy Ass Ninja✬

94 16 1
By NarutoMagazine

By: VanessaCasey74

I've always been the active one in my family. I was also one of the fastest in the village. It was early in the morning and I was jogging around the village like I do every day. I spot a familiar figure lying down on a hill. Curious, I sprint over there to see the one and only, Shikamaru.

"Oi, Shikamaru!" I smile, standing over him.

He opens his eyes and sighs.

"Kimiko. What are you doing here?"

I laugh and sit beside him.

"I should be asking you the same thing."

He lightly grins.

"I guess your right Kimiko."

We just sat there looking at the clouds. There was a peaceful silence until I spoke up.

"You really are a lazy person, huh."

He faces me.

"I'm not that lazy." He states.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh really? You are the laziest ninja in the village."

"Am not." He argues.

"Are so." I retorted.

"How about this: we are going to do a few challenges. If you get tired and give up, you lose." 

I smirk.

He raises his eyebrow.

"And If I win?"

I laugh.

"You won't. You know how active I am."

"Well, if I do."

"Fine. If you win, I will be your personal maid for 3 days."

He smirks.

"Sounds interesting. Deal."

I laugh and get up.

"You are going down, Nara."

----------------Time skip------------------

I stretch for a couple of minutes as I wait for Shikamaru to show up. We decided to start at the training grounds for the competition.

"Where is that lazy ninja..." I murmured.

"Right here."

I jump slightly and turn around to face Shikamaru.

"You made it. I thought you weren't gonna show up." I smirk.

He rolls his eyes.

"Well I'm here so let's get this over with."

I nod.

I take out my Shuriken and point at the target board.

"Whoever can throw the least Shuriken infused with chakra and falls down will lose." I smile.

"Fine by me."

And with that we start throwing.

--------Time skip to 2 hours later--------

I wobble a bit before throwing another Shuriken. I had about 45 Shuriken sticking out of the target board. I looked at Shikamaru wobbling and about 35 Shuriken on the target board.

"Ha I have more than you." I slurred.

"Whatever. All you need to do is fall." He smirks tiredly.

I stagger a few steps.

"Uhh."

I take a deep breath and stand still. I take about 4 Shuriken and throw it at the board. It hits close to the center. I smile weakly. I turn to Shikamaru on the ground.

"Yes!"

I smile in victory and fall to the ground. I slowly close my eyes and think about the next challenge.

----------------------------------------

I walk to the entrance of the village and wait for Shikamaru. It's been a day since our last challenge and I've recovered and now have full chakra. I decide to stretch since I know he'll take his damn time.

"I won the last time. If he wins this time, we will have to do another one. But I'm 100 percent sure I'll win this one." I smirk as I do my last stretch.

"You'll win what?"

I turn around to see a sleepy ninja.

"Don't worry about it Shikamaru. Let's start."

I walk to the gates.

"Our next challenge.... Will be running." I smirk.

He groans knowing I run every day. 

"We will be racing to the Hokage tower."

He walks beside me and takes position.

"Ready."

I crouch down.

"Set."

I lift my heel.

"Go!"

I sprint forward toward the village. I sense Shikamaru's chakra behind me. 

"The heck!? He's walking!"

I quietly laugh and keep my pace.

"There's no way he'll win walking."

I run past Ichiraku Ramen. 

"Maybe I'll have a quick snack."

I order Miso ramen and wait for it.

"We might as well eat. He won't run even if his life depended on it. Well, on mission, but this isn't a mission sooooo yeah. I'm talking nonsense."

My ramen comes and I eat quickly. I look behind me to make sure Shikamaru's not passing by. I smile and turn back, eating my ramen, not seeing him. I finally finish my ramen and walk over to the Hokage tower. I just ate so I ain't throwing up if I run. I start to whistle a random song as I see the Hokage in sight. I quickly jog over there. My jaw drops as I see him standing there smirking at me.

"Point Shikamaru." He grins. 

---------------------------------------------

I walk over to Shikamaru's house for the last match. It was certainly one-one. Whoever wins this one takes it all. Honestly I'm so scared. After a few minutes of arguing— which by the way was shocking that he decided to fight back— we decided that he should choose the last match.

Boy do I regret that.

If you probably haven't guessed, we are playing Shogi. I know, I know, I have no chance against him. But to be fair, I'm pretty smart too.

Yeah, right, practically a dumb red head. I shouldn't have let him choose. What a dumb move from me. I knock on the door and wait for a reply.

"Hello?"

The door opens to reveal his mom.

"Oh, Kimiko! What are you doing here?" She asks.

I smile sweetly.

"Hi Mrs. Nara. I came here to do a challenge with Shikamaru."

"Oh right, he told me about it. By the way thank you for getting him active. I think you are the only person to can make him be like that." She winks.

I blush lightly.

"Well I try."

"Keep at it. You are good for him. Oh, I hope you guys end up together!" She squeals.

My cheeks redden. 

"Well we'll see about that. It was nice seeing you, Mrs. Nara, but I should get to your son."

"Okay have fun!" She smiles.

I walk into the house and was about to head to his room when Mrs. Nara stops me.

"Oh and honey, just call me mom." She sings.

I blush and nod.

"Okay..... Mom."

She laughs and I head up stairs. If I remember correctly his room is at the end, right. 

"I'm so going to lose this." I whisper as I knock on his door.

"What do you want mother." Shikamaru groans.

I quietly laugh.

"You got the wrong person Shikamaru. It's Kimiko."

I hear shuffling and groans. Finally the door opens to reveal a half naked Shikamaru. He wasn't wearing a shirt but thank Kami he was wearing pants. I blush a bit and walk into his room.

"Put on a shirt and let's finish this competition." I say turning away from his toned abs. 

How does he have that when he barely moves at all?! He chuckles and sets up the Shogi board.

"Firstly, I don't wanna put a shirt cuz it's too hot. Secondly, let’s play. First to give up or lose well... they lose."

I roll my eyes.

"Since when did you make up the rules?"

"When I won that argument on who should decide the last match." He smirks.

And with that we start.

----------------Time skip-------------------

Sweat runs down my forehead as he gets another one of my pieces. He was winning so far, but one wrong move and I could swipe in.

Who am I kidding; he'll never make a mistake.

I look at the board and think. I don't really have a lot of choices right now. To be honest, I'm giving him a hard time. He bites his thumb as he waits for my move. I know he's getting impatient so I quickly move a piece over. I look up at Shikamaru to see him smirking.

"What is it?" I ask.

His smirk widens.

"I win."

My jaw drops as I look at the board again. After a few seconds I realize my mistake of leaving the king wide open.

"Argh!!!" I groan.

"Well. Since I win you are my personal maid for a few days."

I smile nervously.

"This is gonna be torture." I whispered out enough for him to hear.

He smiles and crawls over to be. He gets up close to my face and I gulp.

"W-what are you doing?" I stutter.

He just chuckles and closes the gap between us. My as widen as I realize what's happening. Finding my strength, I close my eyes and kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close as he wraps his arms around my waist. Wow, he must have a lot of energy. Finally he pulls away and smirks. I blush.

"Am I lazy now?"

I smile, chuckling.

"No. I guess you’re not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 33.6K 57
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
152K 6.1K 45
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
261K 25.1K 61
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
307K 9.1K 82
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...