The Night We Met || JJ Mayban...

By jjmaybankismylover

"π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘π‘Žπ‘π‘˜, to the night we met." "π‘–π‘šπ‘Žπ‘”π‘–π‘›π‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘›π‘›π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘Žπ‘€π‘Žπ‘¦. just us. you won't ha... More

meet the poguesβ˜€οΈŽοΈŽ
meet the kooksβ™•
introductionβœͺ
chapter one βœͺ
chapter two βœͺ
chapter three βœͺ
chapter four βœͺ
chapter five βœͺ
author's note
author's note
chapter six βœͺ
chapter seven βœͺ
chapter eight βœͺ
another author's note

chapter nine βœͺ

2K 36 13
By jjmaybankismylover

**lowercase intended, unedited

(charlie's pov)

"but you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! we really don't, all right?" jj yells at my brother continuing his rant,  snapping me out of my daydreaming.

     "jj." john b tries to cut in.

"and i know it didn't used to be that way for you." jj keeps going pushing my brother by bringing up our father's accident.

     "i don't want to talk about this. i don't want to talk about it." john b says quietly clearly hurt. "so that's it?" jj keeps pushing. "just get out of my way, bro." john b yells pushing his best friend to the side walking towards the dock.

     "just stop j." i tell the blonde boy before he starts any more trouble.

     "john b, listen to me. i have a plan. you got the key to cameron's big boat, right?" "no." "there's scuba gear. we borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you both, man." jj keeps scheming.

     "normally i would be 110% in on this but johnny can't risk his job. between the two of us we barely make enough as is and if he loses his job DCS might as well come take us now because we're fucked." i say sadly, i really liked jj's plan but there's a lot on the line.

     "you don't see rich kids going into foster care, do ya?" that sentence is what pushed both of us over.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(john b's pov)

     you know, i should have learned a long time ago to never listen to jj. he's full of bad ideas, like stealing from my rich boss. but this time, he was right. i had nothing to lose.

     my dad said the island was like america on steroids. the haves and have-nots like anyplace, but magnified and multiplied. the way i see it, the game's rigged. maybe it always has been.

     no parents, no money, and no one looking out for us, me and charlie got no chance. unless we make it on our own.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(3rd person pov)

     "couldn't i have at least gone with him?" charlie whines from her spot on the hammock beside jj.

     "no char sending both of you was too risky." kiara lectures the freckled brunette, again.

     "yeah, if you went too and you guys got caught then you would both be goners." pope backs her up.

     "ugh! my brother is out doing illegal shit and i'm stuck here with you losers." charlie continues.

     "hey, i'm not a loser!" jj says looking up at charlie with a big pout.

     "of course you're not sweetness, i meant these two." she teases squeezing his cheeks, like a grandma with a little kid.

     "owww." the blonde whines putting his head back in its spot on the smaller girl's shoulder.

     "do you guys think he's okay? he's been gone for a long time." pope worries.

     "if he got caught DCS would already be here looking for me, stop worrying he's gonna be fine." charlie tries to reassure the boy.

     "okay enough talk about john b. am i missing something here? you two have been extra close and comfy lately." kiara cuts in changing the topic.

"what do you mean?" charlie asks playing dumb.

"cut the shit charlie. you guys were bad enough before, but all of a sudden you can't stay off of eachother and you're extra flirty which by the way is disgusting." pope states matter-of-factly getting giggles from everyone.

"ya see, man, i'm just waiting for DCS to take john b because with him around i don't even have a chance with my girl." jj says half jokingly snuggling in closer to charlie, even after earning a smack on the head for his comment about her brother.

     "it's nothing guys, really." charlie responds a light blush covering her freckled cheeks.

     "yeah. nothing." jj murmurs under his breath getting up from his previous spot on the hammock and walking towards the chateau clearly upset with charlie's words.

     "what was that about?" the three teenagers ask in sync.

     "pope go find out what's wrong with him." kie demands pointing towards the house.

     "fineeee." pope whines walking the same path jj did just moments before.

     "so?!" kie giggles getting closer to charlie hoping to get more information.

     "so? there's really nothing, we're best friends. that's all we've ever been and all we will ever be. i have no idea why he reacted like that." charlie responds with a white lie.

"now we both know damn well that's a whole lot of shit right there char. you and jj are meant to be. soulmates. endgame." kie states making charlie's previous blush grow immensely a smile appearing on her face, "see! you love him!" kiara teases.

"do not." charlie defends herself.

"it's okay charlie. i won't tell john b."

"won't tell john b what?" john b questions walking up the dock behind the two girls.

"shit." they both say looking worriedly at eachother. "what i got you for your birthday." charlie quickly states, saving them.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(charlie's pov)

"this is empty. you took empty tanks?" kiara says clearly frustrated with my idiotic brother.

"i—..." he stammers before realizing there's no saving himself from this one.

"okay, this one's a quarter full." she continues, "it's enough for one of us."

"love it when a plan comes together." pope comments sarcastically.

"does anybody know how to dive?" kiara asks ignoring pope completely, "anybody?"

"it's kind of a kook sport." jj states.

"true dat." i agree holding up my beer.

"i... read about it." pope says nervously.

"never would've guessed that." i laugh in a snarky tone.

this is why they don't let me drink a lot. i turn into a real bitch

"look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. how hard could it be?" jj says quite proud of himself for coming up with the obvious conclusion.

"jj, you can stay up here with me." i say drunkly, standing up and walking across the boat to him.

"if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." pope says smartly.

"bends like, bend over and..." jj and i say together laughing as i bend forwards the two of us in a very inappropriate position. (i think you can figure that one out on your own)

"okay, no." john b starts before kie cuts him off. "well at least we know who isn't going." she states holding back a giggle at our antics.

"the bends kill you." pope finally finishes his explanation.

"i can— i can dive." john b finally volunteers.

"yeah you can dive. i'm cool with that." jj says.

"since when can you dive?" kiara questions.

"i don't think so johnny i should do it." i say cracking another beer.

"not a chance princess." jj says putting one hand on my waist and taking my beer with the other.

"heyyyy" i whine slumping back into him for support.

"i'll do it. it's fine." john b assures everyone.

"let me do some calculations real quick." pope says panicking as per usual.

"you serious?" kiara worries.

"jj." i whisper into the blonde's ear.

"yeah sweetheart?" he asks looking down at me.

"are they gonna kiss?"

"i don't know. let's give them a minute, you need to sit down." he says walking me to a seat on the other side of the boat.

"jj." i whisper again.

"yes sweetheart?" he asks again.

"i don't know what happened at the chateau but i think i hurt your feelings and i'm sorry." i say tearing up a little.

drinking also makes me very emotional.

"it's okay princess. you didn't mean any harm i'm okay." jj says wiping the tear that started to fall.

"i love you jj." i say, still whispering, while tilting my head to rest on his shoulder.

"i love you charlie." he says wrapping his arm around me shoulder running his fingers through my hair.

i blacked out for a while after this. lol

so sorry it took me so
long to post this
i felt like it was time to
finish it since season 2
is out now😅
vote,share,comment😁

-S💋

word count: 1342

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 414 32
- in which john b has a younger sister, but as they got older, they werent as close as you'd expect. madi never wanted to get wrapped up in her broth...
8.2K 170 41
"I think I'm falling in love with you." ** "Maybe, just maybe, it'll work." κ§π—¦π—”π— π—˜ 𝗖𝗛𝗔π—₯π—”π—–π—§π™€π™π™Ž...
35.9K 343 13
Y/N just moved to the Outer Banks with her aunt after her mother's death, she's never been there only few weeks at summer but never got along with no...
569K 10.6K 19
˚.ΰΌ„β”Š 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐔. ( ᴊᴊ ᴍᴀʏʙᴀɴᴋ. ) βœ§Λ–*°࿐ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 flora finds herself in the awkward predicament that includes a treasur...