Stronger Together (bxb) ✔

By Kibika

Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed... More

UPDATED Author's Note
Character List
Chapter 1 - Chase
Chapter 2 - Chase
Chapter 3 - Jesse
Chapter 4 - Chase
Chapter 5 - Jesse
Chapter 6 - Bryan
Chapter 7 - Chase
Chapter 8 - Chase
Chapter 9 - Jesse
Chapter 10 - Bryan
Chapter 11 - Chase
Chapter 12 - Jesse
Chapter 13 - Chase
Chapter 14 - Jesse
Chapter 15 - Bryan
Chapter 16 - Chase
Chapter 17 - Jesse
Chapter 18 - Chase
Chapter 19 - Jesse
Chapter 20 - Chase
Chapter 21 - Jesse
Chapter 22 - Chase
Chapter 23 - Chase
Chapter 24 - Jesse
Chapter 25 - Chase
Chapter 26 - Bryan
Chapter 27 - Chase
Chapter 28 - Jesse
Chapter 29 - Bryan
Chapter 30 - Chase
Chapter 31 - Chase
Chapter 32 - Jesse
Chapter 33 - Chase
Chapter 34 - Bryan
Chapter 36 - Chase
Chapter 37 - Jesse
Chapter 38 - Chase
Chapter 39 - Jesse
Chapter 40 - Chase
Chapter 41 - Jesse
Chapter 42 - Chase
Chapter 43 - Chase
Chapter 44 - Bryan
Chapter 45 - Chase
Chapter 46 - Chase
Chapter 47 - Chase
Chapter 48 - Bryan
Chapter 49 - Chase
Chapter 50 - Chase
Chapter 51 - Chase
Chapter 52 - Chase
Chapter 53 - Jesse
Chapter 54 - Chase
Chapter 55 - Jesse
Chapter 56 - Jesse
Chapter 57 - Chase
Chapter 58 - Bryan
Chapter 59 - Chase
Chapter 60 - Chase
Chapter 61 - Chase
Chapter 62 - Chase
Chapter 63 - Jesse
Chapter 64 - Chase
Chapter 65 - Chase
Chapter 66 - Chase
Chapter 67 - Bryan
Chapter 68 - Bryan
Chapter 69 - Chase
Chapter 70 - Chase
Chapter 71 - Chase
Chapter 72 - Chase
Chapter 73 - Chase
Chapter 74 - Chase
Chapter 75 - Jesse
Chapter 76 - Chase
Chapter - 77 - Chase
Chapter 78 - Chase
Chapter 79 - Chase
Epilogue - Diego

Chapter 35 - Chase

1.9K 83 144
By Kibika

Chase's POV

"I saved space for my M&Ms! May I have them, please?" I ask excitedly at the same time that Diego says, "I have something for you, little lamb."

I giggle and look at him expectantly and he chuckles and gets up from the picnic bench in Bryan's backyard. From what little I've seen of the house Jesse did an amazing job decorating it. Everything is aesthetic yet very homey. I'm always amazed by how good Jesse is at his job.

"Close your eyes," Diego orders. His gentle voice caresses my ears and without missing a beat, I close them. I hear Diego shuffling around and then silence. I'm tempted to open my eyes but they remain firmly closed. "Okay, open them!"

I squeal excitedly when I see a bouquet of M&Ms; the ones with peanuts and the plain milk ones are beautifully arranged, interspersed with decorative paper. I look up at Diego who is wearing a warm, happy smile that perfectly matches my own. "Thank you! This is the cutest thing ever! I have to take a photo!"

Diego chuckles and my heart flutters at how absolutely magical it sounds. "Adorable bumblebee, do you want me to take your photo?" Diego asks.

I giggle looking down at my checkered black and yellow flannel; if I'm a bumblebee then he must be nectar because I'm definitely drawn to him! I'm about to nod when I notice that he still hasn't sat back down and is holding his hands behind his back. I tilt my head curiously. "What do you have behind your back?"

"I have a proposition," Diego says, moving hands to the front, revealing a large gift bag causing me to release a high pitched squeal. I clasp my hand over my mouth, completely embarrassed by the unusual sound that I just produced. "How are you so adorable! You amaze me every time!" Diego grins and sits across from me on the bench.

"I remember you said you liked running and exercising," Diego continues. He phrases it a little like a question so I hum a response while fiddling with the hem of my shorts.

During one of our phone conversations, Diego and I talked about how much we both loved running and he also said that he does a lot of marathons in his free time. Our love for frequenting the gym was another thing that we have in common and I really wanted to ask if he would be my workout buddy or if maybe he'd go for a run with me but I chickened out.

I used to workout alone before everything happened but now I don't feel comfortable going to the gym by myself. Running on the streets alone is somehow worse. I tried it a few days ago but wasn't able to make it past our driveway. I really miss working out, especially running but Jesse hates any form of exercise so I don't want to ask him, and Shawn works out enough as a choreographer. I have two left feet when it comes to dancing so that's not really my thing.

"My proposition is that if you can catch me then you can have this gift, if not then I'll keep it." I can hear the challenge in Diego's voice and see the teasing glint in eyes. He thinks he's faster than I am! No way! I ran track all through high school and college and I used to go for runs at least once every two week.

I open my mouth to accept his challenge when fear grips me. Catching him might involve me touching him. What if I was wrong and it does trigger a panic attack? What if the fleeting brush of our fingers in the hospital is the full extent of physical contact that I'll ever be able to have? What if another panic attack scares him away? What if-

"Chase!" Diego's concerned voice interrupts my spiraling thoughts. "If this is about the gift, I'll give you the gift either way! I just thought it would be fun to run around! You sounded like you missed running on the phone!"

I need to ensure that Diego knows I'm alright. I somehow manage to produce a small smile and this seems to quell the alarm on his face. I try to take a few deep breaths, gripping the edge of the bench for support.

"Will you tell me what caused you to react like that?" Diego asks hesitantly.

I nod and he flashes me an encouraging smile. I take a few more breaths before I've worked up the courage to talk to him. "I freaked out because I don't like to be touched and catching you implies touching you," I mumble, squeezing the bench tighter as I brace myself for his scorn and rejection.

Diego chuckles and I frown at his reaction, looking up to meet his gaze. "Is that all, little lamb. We can race instead! Once around the block, then I'll give you the gift. Unless you don't want to race?"

"You don't think something is wrong with me for not wanting to be touched?" The frown is still plastered to my face.

Diego shrugs before saying, "We all have our hang ups. I don't like people touching my hair."

An involuntary smile graces my face. He's not going to make a big deal about it! Maybe Jesse was right and sex isn't everything! Diego might not know but every time I speak to him, I become more and more sure of the fact that I can trust him.

"Though I'll make an exception for you," Diego smirks but I can still see the cautious look in his eyes, but that look disappears when I giggle. I'll play with his hair so much that he'll regret making me the exception.

"Diego?" I ask, making my voice soft and sweet.

"Yes sweetpea," Diego answers just as sweetly, causing me to giggle. I hand him my phone and he looks puzzled for a split second before he remembers his earlier offer to take a photo of me with my M&M bouquet.

As soon as he looks down at my phone to open the camera, I hop up from the bench and race out the gate. "You're already behind slowpoke!" I yell over my shoulder.

"Hey that's not fair!" I hear Diego shout and I giggle at the surprise note that his voice carries.

I soon hear Diego laughing and loud footsteps behind me as he tries to catch up. "You're faster than I thought!" Diego bellows and I smile and push myself harder. I also hear Diego pick up his speed and I take comfort in the fact that he is running with me and I'm not alone.

The wind howls in my ears, messing up my carefully styled hair as I zip through the streets. My feet thump against the sidewalk, propelling me forward. The trees and houses all blur together as I zoom past them. A giant smile spreads across my face and I giggle at the freeing feeling I get from running.

I did miss this! I wonder if Diego would mind taking me to the gym the next time he goes. I ignore those thoughts for now, instead focusing on my rhythm as my arms cut through the air pushing me even faster.

"Make the next left. We'll do a loop!" Diego instructs from right next to me. When did he catch up! I giggle and speed up, running as fast as my legs can carry me. The euphoria of running is second to none. Diego and I race through the streets, circling the block and run back into Bryan's yard.

I lunge towards the bench and my hand connects with it a millisecond before Diego's. "Yes! I won!" I bellow, pumping my fist in the air.

"That's only because I wasn't running at my max speed!" Diego argues, taking two bottles of water out of the cooler and handing one of them to me.

"Stop panting then!" I shoot back, sticking out my tongue at him.

Diego chuckles and gives me a face towel, which I gratefully take and wipe away my perspiration.

"As if you're not panting," Diego mutters with a pout before gulping down his water.

"Now who's the cute one," I blurt out and immediately look away from Diego, in complete shock that I just uttered those words.

Diego sputters and starts choking on his water. Please don't comment on that. Please don't comment on that. I chant in my head as I take a swing from the bottle, trying to pretend that I'm not embarrassed. "Do you want to open your gift?" Diego says, managing to get his coughing under control.

My gift! My face instantly lights up and my former embarrassment is long forgotten as I scurry over to the picnic table. Diego chuckles at my reaction and holds out the gift to me. Unable to contain my excitement any longer, I immediately open it. "Diego! It's so cute!" I exclaim as I'm greeted by a cute, cuddly, yellow M&M soft toy.

I hug it close to my chest and giggle. I don't remember plushies being this soft. "Thank you!" I say, grinning from ear to ear.

"You won it fair and square!" Diego says, beaming at me.

"Can you take a picture now?" I inquire, playing with the cute, stubby arms of my soft toy. Diego takes a few pictures of me, cooing after each one and telling me how cute I look.

An elated giggle escapes me as I look at the photo that I just took with Diego; the gifts are in the middle of the table and Diego and I are seated on either side, slightly leaning towards each other. I send that picture to my brothers and Shawn before opening a pack of peanut M&Ms.

I offer Diego a pack which he accepts and now I'm enjoying my chocolate and trying not to openly stare at how good he looks in that tight fitting shirt.

Diego chuckles as my eyes flick away from him when he catches me ogling him for the thousandth time. I just want to take in his beauty but he keeps noticing me staring at him like he's a juicy piece of meat! I take another peek at him but notice that his eyes are closed. I stare for a few seconds and when he still hasn't opened them, I giggle and let my gaze roam his body, unfettered.

The delicate fabric of his T-shirt hugs his arms in all the right places and his broad, muscular chest leaves a teasing imprint on his shirt. I wonder what he'll look like without the shirt. I barely have time to process that thought before my gaze drifts upward.

My eyes roam around his face, from his perfectly coif, jet black hair over his pointed nose to his luscious, red lips, curved up into a soft smile. I stare at his inviting lips. Will they feel as soft as they look? Will they be warm and comforting? What will they taste like? I feel my body moving towards Diego as if on instinct. 

I'm really curious, do you think Chase will kiss Diego? Do you think Chase is ready?

This book reached 4K reads!! I'm so happy right now! Thank you so much to those of you who have taken the time out to read, vote and/ or comment on my book! It really means so much to me! ❤❤❤

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and/ or leave comments! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 101 36
Austin is a fragile boy. Or that's what he would like you to think. Running from his past is all he knows how to do. He thought he was safe. But the...
2.1M 82K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
27.5K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
1.2M 49.9K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...