Between Lies

By Imagination500

What would have happened if Ámbar had met Manuel when she was on the ground. Could she process her identity e... More

To Tell Someone?
The Meet
How to Continue?
Embarrassing Moments
More Lies
Friends
Confidence
Emotions
Guilt
Promises
Endless Loop
Jealousy?
The Psychologist
Deceiving the World
Announcement

To Know The Truth

288 4 2
By Imagination500

Hello Everyone! This story takes part in season 2 of Soy Luna and Bia too. It's an AU. This first chapter is based on the 50-51 episode of Soy Luna 2 and  40 episode of Bia 2. (To be honest I wrote the scenes with feelings and thoughts.) I hope you will like it!

.......

Pedro told her that somebody wanted to speak with her. It was strange. Everyone who knew her was at the party. She didn't expect someone to search for her. Now, she wasn't any of the finalists, but it didn't matter to her. Something opened her eyes that fame and glitter aren't everything. But who wanted to speak with her, if she was only one of the people who were enjoying the party?

She left the rink and went to the cafeteria where she met a woman.

"Hello," she said contemptuously because she recognized her. She was the woman who Sharon had banned from the mansion. What did she do here?

"Ámbar, do you recognize me?" she asked with a shy tone.

Ámbar re-examined her again like she didn't know who she was, and then she answered her question, "Unfortunately yes. Look, I don't know why you are here, but I don't want to know. If there's anything wrong, talk to Sharon." She didn't want to waste her time on this woman. She knew that this person has been following her for days, but Sharon warned her. She knew it was only a money-hungry woman.

She tried to leave her, but the woman grabbed her left arm.

Ámbar didn't know what this woman wanted from her. It was weird like someone has been stalking her for days and now the person stood in front of her. She wasn't scared because the woman didn't seem dangerous even if Sharon said she is.

"But I need to talk to you, not Sharon. You have to know the truth!" she huffed, and Ámbar stopped.

She looked in her eyes and responded a bit more loudly, "I don't care! Let me go!" She really didn't care. What truth is she talking about? Surely, it's a trick to get some money.

She almost left the woman when the older yelled at her, "Your name isn't Sol Benson."

Ámbar frozen, she didn't expect this. Many thoughts came into her mind at that moment. From where did this woman know she is Sol Benson? Only a few people knew it because it was a big secret in front of the media. But she said she wasn't Sol Benson. Did she hear it well? What did she want?

"What did you say?" she questioned and turned back.

"That your name isn't Sol Benson," she answered the same thing.

So, she heard well, she said that. But what does it mean? Her face showed her disappointment like she has never done before. Why came someone to tell her like this? From where did she know this?

"I am your mother," the woman told her, and Ámbar raised an eyebrow.

What? It can't be. Her mother is Lily Benson who died tragically in the Benson Fire like her father.

The woman smiled at her and tried to touch her, but she prevented it. How could anyone say such a thing? Why did she try to touch her? If she was saying that she was her mother, she wasn't allowed to touch her. What did she think?

"You're an idiot! How did it get your mind to tell me something like this?" she howled.

"This is the truth, you should believe me," she replied. Why should she believe?

"No, no, no," Ámbar repeated. "You're a liar!" she cooed. "My aunt warned me. She said you would search me with crazy things to get money, but I didn't believe you would do such a thing," she flooded the words.

What did she think? It's absurd!

"Did Sharon tell you this?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

"Don't rob me of my time! I don't believe you!" Ámbar said between her teeth. A tear ran down her face. Something told her this woman didn't lie to her, but it also couldn't be real.

"Please, listen to me!" the woman begged. "I do not lie. Sharon misled me."

"Enough!" She raised her hands as a defense. "Go away! I can't stand that you are insulting my aunt. You called me out from a party if you haven't noticed it." She swept the tear away. " I need to go back," she yelled at her.

"Please, you have to listen!"

"No," Ámbar roared a last and turned back. She thought it was over, finally. But it wasn't, now came the biggest part of it.

"You have a birthmark in the shape of a star on your body. On your belly's right side."

Ámbar frozen again, it can't be. How did she know? It was true, she has a star-shaped birthmark. One more tear ran down her face.

"It's beautiful," the woman stated with kindness in her voice. "You had it since you were born."

Ámbar sighed and turned around. Her mouth was opened, she was surprised. The woman may be telling the truth.

She wiped the tear away and asked, "How did you know that?"

She was lost. Her whole world turned upside down in very little time.

"I could never forget it. When you were born, your face and your body, your every part engraved into my heart."

The woman was speaking, but Ámbar didn't hear well. Her whole body was trembling, and she felt dizzy. Her head began to buzz. It was too much for her. Too sudden and too hard, like a flash of lightning from nowhere.

"I am you mother." She stepped closer to her. "I was alone, and I had no way to take care of you." The only thing which Ámbar could do was shake her head. No, this is a lie. No!

"That's why I had to put you up for adoption." She seemed honest, but Ámbar couldn't believe it.

"It can't be," she said with a trembling tone. She couldn't speak fluently because she was shocked. A storm of feelings swept through her.

"I tried to tell you many, many times what happened but Sharon never let me. At your birthday party last year, I posed as an employee of the caterer to be a little bit closer to you. I left you a gift. It was a little brooch in a shape of a butterfly, did you get it?" Ámbar only blinked some to keep the tears in.

Memories flooded Ámbar's mind. The moment when Sharon said she was Sol Benson. When she didn't remember the melody which the doll played. When his grandfather noticed her birthmark, he didn't know she has one. When Amanda said she wasn't Sol Benson. It was weird but didn't matter at that time. But now every little detail came together into one image as a puzzle become finished. She isn't Sol Benson.

"I think it's important you know the truth. If you need something, you can always count on me," she promised her. She had never heard these words. 'You can count on me', it was new for her. "I hope someday you will regret me."

The woman started to cry, and Ámbar left her. She couldn't process what happened to her during this very little time. Her whole life turned around. Now she didn't know who she was. She was living in a stupid lie! What did her aunt think!?

She went to the backstage where she could be alone. This was what she needed at that moment.

Her tears stopped running down on her face, now she wasn't sad but lost. Who am I at all? I am a daughter of a poor woman. No, it can't be. I am Ámbar Smith the perfectness who everybody wants to be.

How could anyone come out of nowhere and tell her she is her mother? And she couldn't keep her because she hadn't money. She gave up on her like Sharon does every day when she doesn't do what she wants. She was a girl who no one wanted. She was alone, no one liked her.

---

Manuel was sitting on the terrace of the Fundom. He was waiting for his mother with whom he met that day because he wanted to know the truth about his father.

He grew up knowing his father was dead, but it wasn't the truth. Some months ago, he started an investigation in which he discovered that his father was still alive. Antonio, his uncle told him that his father was alive, but he was in prison because he did some serious mistakes in the past. He said that his mother wanted to protect him from it, but it wasn't true, and he knew it. He felt it.

His cousin, Victor always told him that his father—Antonio—probably lying because he always lies. Manuel didn't know what his cousin aimed for, but he believed him. After steps when he came closer to the truth, Antonio's tale became more unreal. He found out newer and newer lies and Manuel saw through him. For that, he needed his mother, who wouldn't lie. She can't do it.

Finally, his mother arrived, and she hugged him tightly. Manuel missed her so much, but he couldn't live with her in Madrid because if he lived with her, he would have to give up his life here with his friends and his almost girlfriend, Bia. They were together for a couple of months, but so many things stood between them, so they separated. He still loved her, but Bia wasn't prepared for their relationship yet, so they were only friends.

"I missed you so much!" her mother said to him after she had let him.

"Me too," Manuel added with kindness in his voice.

"How are you? How is the university going and your piano lessons? And things with Bia?" She flooded him with many questions that he couldn't answer and didn't want to. He had a more important one.

"Mum, enough!" He smiled at her.

"Sorry, but I missed you so much. We haven't talked for long."

"I know, but first, I have an important question," Manuel started.

"Okay," she agreed, but she didn't want to tell him because she knew that the answer which Manuel would get, wouldn't be what he wanted.

"Mama, I need to know the truth about my father," he asked her to tell him the truth. The truth which defined his life. "You didn't say anything on phone," he stated.

"Because this is a talk which we need to take personally." Her tone became more serious.

"I am here, I am listening," Manuel encouraged her to talk.

"For me, it isn't easy to talk about your father," his mother stated.

"I know, but I need to know the truth," Manuel replied. "Is he in prison?" he asked curiously.

"No, no, he isn't," his mother answered, and Manuel got the first shot. He felt it but to know it was a lie was hard, very hard.

"I believed you will confirm it," Manuel replied, and her mother shook her head. "If he isn't in prison, is he alive, or has he died?" Manuel asked with a crackling voice. He was on the verge of crying.

"Look-"

"Mum!"

She grabbed his son's hands and squeezed them. "I will answer to all your doubts." Manuel nodded. "I met your father years ago, and we dated for a while. Then, I got pregnant with you." She left a smile on her face and Manuel too. "I thought it would make him happy, but..." Her eyes glistened with tears appearing. "When I told him everything changed." She shook her head while the memories came into her mind.

"I found out that he deceived me from the beginning." She sighed and continued, "In reality, he had another family. He was married with sons."

Manuel shook his head in anger and blinked some. How could anyone do such a thing?

"Another one was about to be born." Manuel blew into the air like an angry bull. "He didn't want anything to do with me anymore. And for a long time, I didn't want to do anything with him." Her mother was shaking her head while she was speaking. The tears ran down her face.

Manuel was angry, very angry. How could anyone do this with his mom? But he needed to know the truth.

"So, is he alive?" he asked again.

"Manuel, look—"

"Mum," he sighed, "I have to know the truth. Who is my father?"

His mum looked down; she couldn't look into her son's eyes.

"Yes, but..." Manuel begged her with his eyes. "Your father is," she took a deep breath and blew it out, "your father is Antonio."

Manuel felt like a truck hit him. Antonio? His uncle? This man is incredible evil. He deceived his mother and him too. He knew the truth and didn't say anything.

He was living years thinking his father died, and now it turned out that his father is his uncle. He lived with him for one year. And his father didn't undertake him.

He was prepared for everything but not this. He thought that his father was a burglar or a thief or something else but not like this. Antonio tried to convince him that his father is a criminal. But if he could do this, he is. He is a criminal.

"That can't be true," he stated after thinking.

"But yes. He is your father," his mother answered him.

"Why didn't tell you sooner?" he huffed with a trembling voice.

"I am so sorry. I wanted to tell you, but your father has another family, and he asked me not to tell you this."

"Why did you leave me to live with him?"

"Firstly, I thought it would be a great idea to know him, to live with him, to be with him and sometimes he will tell you the truth, but it didn't happen."

"But why? Why didn't?" he cooed.

"Because Antonio always found objections to not to tell you." She wiped a tear away and grabbed his son's hands again. "Why didn't you go with me to Spain? You can leave everything behind," she offered, but Manuel shook his head. He didn't want to live with his mother who was lying to him for years.

"How could I tell you that your father is Antonio?" she asked crying.

"Like now. You wanted to lie to me during my whole life?" Manuel questioned her louder than he wanted, but it didn't matter. He was angry at her, angry at Antonio and angry at everything. His whole life was a lie.

"No, no, no. I only wanted to protect you," she answered crying and grabbing his hands for the third time. "I thought that it would be more painful to know the truth." She tried to look into his eyes, but Manuel turned his head. "I feel terrible because of lying. I thought you would understand it."

Manuel jerked his hands away and stood up.

"Son!" she cried, but Manuel left her. He needed time to process it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 205 20
"Have you ever fallen in love?" I asked him. Was it too obvious that I liked him? Before I could overthink it, he answered, "I don't think so. I don...
674K 16.2K 64
When the charmer of Encanto falls I love with the girl of his dreams Camilo madrigal x FEM!reader (If I get enough votes I may change to non specif...
47.5K 1.3K 23
Inspired by Soy Luna 3 trailer, this is set after episode 2x80. Ámbar and Simón couldn't be worse. She needs him but won't let that happen. He hates...
1.8K 107 11
Being unique in a word where being different is a dangerous, what could go wrong, right? Like any other 22 years old Kim Dahyun had to leave her fami...