Another Life

By ajash10

"But I don't know how to tell them. What if they react badly?" Clint sighed and looked at the subject of thei... More

Sneaking
Patrol ~M~
New mission
Eggs
Wade
Hatching
Hatching Pt.2
Aunt Tasha ~M~
Avengers
Clint Pt2
Work

Clint

1.4K 59 8
By ajash10

It had taken them; 2 hours, numerous trips up and down the fire-escape's stairwell carrying mountains of bags, a large amount of tiptoeing and several gallons of sweat, to get all of the baby things from the van in the underground car park, up to Peter's bedroom and through to the nursery.

The elevator from the parking lot went directly to the living area below, which was out of the question. And the one to his floor, required that they go through the lobby. So, by default, they had to do it the hard way.

Peter collapsed back onto his bed, panting.

"Wade~" he whined and said male looked up from his position, sprawled on the floor by his feet that were dangling from the edge of the bed.

"Why am I so tired?" He complained.

Wade laughed, doing comically exaggerated breathing exercises, before rising to his feet. The male twisted his back, causing a crack to be heard and sighing in relief at having released the crick in his spine.

"It's called exercise, babyboy." He smiled in amusement at Peter.

Peter glared and tilted his chin to his chest, so that it was directed at the sarcastic man.

"Not funny. I'm enhanced. I don't get this tired. Ever." Peter complained, allowing his head to drop back onto the bed.

Deadpool laughed and crawled over him, hovering a few inches above his panting frame.

They held eye contact for a few seconds, before he leant down and dragged Peter into a heated kiss.

Peter had to hold his breath for a moment and that split difference in pace caused his breathing to return to normal.

The larger male pulled back and grinned down at him, "you're still drained from giving birth. Doing this just added on to your exhaustion and pushed you off track."

Peter frowned and nodded, his hands holding the material at the front of his boyfriend's shirt.

Deadpool pulled back a bit and climbed off the bed, fanning himself while he leant forward, back to his usual self.

"Ooh, you're making me blush, babyboy."

They smiled at each other and the flamboyant merc pulled some jangly keys from his pocket, holding them out in the light of the room.

"I'm gonna take the van back. You should get some stuff set up, while I'm gone. Decide where you want things."

Peter nodded and watched as Deadpool tiptoed over to the door, crouched down and opened it a crack, peering outside and checking to see if the coast was clear, before slipping out while acting full-blown ninja style.

He simply laid there for some minutes, just regaining his energy and staring at the ceiling, picturing where would be the best place to put things.

~~~~~~~~~~

Peter had spent a good 30 minutes just pulling things from bags.

He was sitting in the rocking chair, in the middle of the room, with everything laid out around him.

So far, he had decided to move the fluffy, white, oval rug nearer to the window, where he would have the rocking chair placed. The view was perfect and would be great in the evenings.

He had needed to factor in the doorway, which was touching to the adjacent wall, on the direct left of the large windows, as you faced them.

So, he had decided to put the cots against the far wall, as you entered, with the changing table between them.

To the left of the cots, he had put the bunny baskets in the corner, leaving the right side open for a white set of square drawers that had already been in the room. They actually matched quite well with the changing table.

In the corner, to the direct right of the doorway, he had placed the playpen. Though it could be moved into the middle of the room if they wanted to.

He had taken his time when building the playpen and changing table, pointedly leaving the cots for Wade to assemble.

He had placed the bouncer near to the playpen, while he laid down a foam jigsaw mat across the majority of the middle of the floor space, not wanting his babies on cold wood. It was bright and colourful, having the entire alphabet plus numbers 0 to 9.

He placed the bouncer near to the edge of the mat, vaguely reminded of inflatable holiday rings, that you would take in the pool, by the light green seat space. It brought a reminiscent smile to his face.

He set the feeding pillow on the floor between the rocking chair and the window, having moved it to its position while he was building the foam floor, so that he could see all of the items where he wanted them.

Next, he put together the turtle play-mat, placing it in the very middle of the room. It was large enough for them to have all four of the babies in it at once, as well as having a ball pit option, for once they were bigger.

He placed the baby rocker in front of the rocking chair, thinking that he'd probably have one of them in there while he fed the other. Or it would be an easier place to watch them from, not that any place would be difficult to see them in the nursery, especially with his senses and Wade's attentiveness. He had considered putting the high chairs somewhere, but had decided that it would be best to keep them in the storage cupboard, turned large converted wardrobe for the quadruplets, until his family knew and he could have them in the kitchen downstairs.

The changing mats went into the drawers of the changing table, with Peter happy to use the one that it came with, for now. Alongside the nappies, with the bag being placed on top of the unit.

He stacked the bassinets by the doorway, with the towels, to go into his bathroom. That's where they would be staying from now on, it didn't really make sense to keep them anywhere else.

He had been trying to figure out what to do with the stroller, when Wade got back.

"Wow, babyboy, you've done lots." He whistled, as he walked into the room, closing both the bedroom and the nursery doors behind himself.

"Mhm, you were gone a while." Peter looked at him with narrowed eyes but Wade shrugged innocently.

"Traffic."

He crouched down beside where Peter was kneeling on the floor next to the stroller, as he looked through the last bag, that wasn't clothing. It had the baby carriers, the baby monitor, bottles and dummies for each of them and the sheep mobiles. They had got the same general them for dummies and bottles, so that they would be able to tell who's was who's. That was: blue, light blue, purple and white. All three of the boys had different shades of blue dummies, with their daughter having a pink one.

"The dummies and bottles are going in the changing table's top drawers, we'll have the monitor on top of the changing table and the other on the side table in our bedroom. The carriers are going in the wardrobe." He pulled each thing from the bag as he spoke, Wade nodding along.

"What I need you to do is to construct the cots, so that I can hang the mobiles and make the beds up, I want to be 100% sure that it'll be prepared for when they hatch." Wade nodded and stood up, moving towards the boxes and setting to work.

Peter watched as he pulled out the instructions and scanned them briefly before swing them over his shoulder, like he wasn't going to use them at all.

"Wade." There was a warning tone to his voice, making said male looked over at him, seeing his expression and immediately grabbing for the instructions, whistling loudly while he pretended that he hadn't just done that.

Peter shook his head and stood from the floor, putting the previous items away and then leaving the room to put the baby bassinets in the bathroom. He hung the towels on metal pegs, having far too many that went unused on the wall and could faintly hear Wade's vastly off-tune humming from the nursery, having left both doors open on his way through.

He smiled, in spite of himself.

When he looked at his reflection, he could envision there being Wade stood beside him, 4 children climbing all over them while they all laughed and had fun. It was idealist and, he realised with joy, very truly attainable.

He knew there would be good and bad times, but he really felt that as long as they didn't lose sight of each other, they would be fine.

He pushed the bassinets under the sink, they were completely visible but, out of the way, no one would really notice at a fleeting glance.

He headed back into the nursery, expecting Wade to be halfway done with one of the cots, only to find one completely finished and the other on its side while Wade tightened a few screws in the legs. The bottom area was done and Peter watched as he righted it and slotted both together, dusting his hands in accomplishment and looking at them proudly.

"What d'you think, babyboy?" He asked when he noticed Peter standing behind him.

Peter took a few steps forwards and poked the cot, testing its strength.

He looked over at Wade in dubious belief. "Did you follow the instructions?"

Wade nodded proudly and showed him the last page of the booklet.

"All 22 steps." He declared in a serious voice.

Peter had to smile at his behaviour and nodded in acceptance at his answer, pulling the bottom part out and tryingly reaching down, as if he were going to pick up a baby.

He nodded to himself when it was easy to reach, having worried about leaning over the rail and bruising his stomach, but that was not the case.

Wade watched him closer, an impatient look beginning to take over his face. He was practically vibrating, while he waited for Peter to give it the metaphorical seal of approval.

Peter turned to him and stared blankly, drawing out the moment as he found amusement in Wade's nervous-excited unrest.

"So..." Wade prompted and Peter smiled at him in reassurance.

"It's good. I'll admit that it was a smart idea to get these. I had thought that I might hit my stomach, but I didn't, so it's fine."

Wade smiled and hugged him, making Peter laugh as he put his hands against the hyperactive male's chest.

"Nah-ah, we're not done yet." Wade looked at him with a curious, tilted head that strongly reminded Peter of a puppy.

He lightly held Wade's chin and turned his head to face the numerous bags of clothes.

"You get to organise their wardrobe and put away all of their clothes while I finish setting/making up the rest of the room."

Wade stared at the clothes, silently, for a minute. He looked to be getting lost in his own thoughts.

Peter waited for him to come back to himself, used to these sorts of moments, by now.

Wade's eyes cleared of their far off sheen and Peter pecked his cheek.

"You good?" His boyfriend looked at him in confusion, like he was trying to remember everything that had just been happening.

His eyes brightened and a smile curved his lips, informing Peter that his memories had once again caught up.

Wade shook his head, like he was dismissing something and returned a kiss to Peter's cheek, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, sorry, I was thinking about how to sort their stuff out and then I blanked. I'm fine now, though." Peter nodded and stroked his jaw with the pads of his thumbs. If Wade said he was okay, he believed him. You could always seen in someone's eyes, if they were being truthful, and Wade's held no deception. They were just their normal beautiful blue.

"Okay, you get started. If you need help, just say so." Wade nodded and grinned.

"Alright babyboy." He kissed him again, this time on the forehead, their height difference making it easier.

"Hey ho, back to work we go!" Wade spun on his heel and strode over to the bags with determination.

Peter could only laugh, as he heard him signing, while he went into the other room to set up the baby monitor on their bedside table.

"Hey ho~! Imagine the places that we'll go~! No one can stop us, when WE'RE SO HIGH!~ up in the stratosphere~"

~~~~~~~~~~

They worked fluidly around one another, with Peter finishing making up the cots, with soft blankets over new bedding and fluffy teddies.

While Wade packed away the clothes, having a strange amount of enjoyment when organising the items by colours and baby. Though Peter doubted that the boys wouldn't be wearing each others clothes, at least at some point.

He had attached the mobiles to the cots, allowing them to hang sweetly in the area above the pillows. Luckily they revolved, so they could be twisted sideways when the bottom one was pushed underneath, meaning that they didn't need to detach it each and every time that they closed it.

He had faded with a few small details, pushing the cots to where he wanted them exactly and fiddling with the angle of the rocking chair, before deciding that he was happy. Wade had tipped two large bags of toys into the turtle play-pen, but he didn't think they needed to worry about organising them yet, as the babies wouldn't be using the play-pen for at least a few months.

He had then gone on to finish with organising the wardrobe, commandeering the two small square bunny baskets, to have on the shelf for socks.

They had a small blue and white beach bag holding more toys, by the doorway, which Wade had materialised from seemingly nowhere. The wardrobe was sort of walk-in style. When you open it you saw the boy's clothes. If you went to the left you saw the pink and white themed girl's clothes. And if you looked to the right, you saw more boy's clothes, plus accessories shoes, spare blankets, fancy clothes and neutral onesies.

The back of the door had a rack of shelves, containing: socks, baby shampoo, baby powder, baby soap, bath toys, teethers, spare bottles, baby wipes and more.

"Wow, Wade, you've outdone yourself, this time." Peter said as he looked at the meticulous organisation of the wardrobe.

"I want everything to be perfect." Wade said, looking down. Peter tilted his head up, with his fingers dancing lightly under his chin.

"It will be." He laid a butterfly kiss to the corner of his mouth and they shared an understanding smile.

"I didn't know where to put these." Peter looked down to see him holding up two of the four car seats. The other two sitting by his feet, just behind him.

"We'll stack them in the other room, by the door. That way they're ready to go if we head out somewhere. What I want to know is, where do we put..." he pointed at the large stroller, just past the doorway, "...that."

Wade looked at it in wonder, thinking carefully about where it could go.

"Well, it can't go in here. Obviously." He walked with a bounce in his step, courtesy of the foam flooring, which stopped about 4 feet from the door.

Peter followed him into the main bedroom, sitting on his desk chair, while he watched him stack the car seat/ carriers behind the door that went out into the hallway.

Wade then leant against the desk beside his position, arms folded, and the both stared at the stroller in consideration. Both trying to figure out where to put it. It wasn't fully open, but it was still bulky/ being a double stroller and all.

~~~~~~~~~~

They had stared at it for a good 25 minutes, before deciding to just lean it in the corner of the room, opposite to the baby pod.

Peter was going head into the nursery and faff about with the furniture again, when his stomach made, possibly, the loudest sound he'd ever heard. The sound had been echoed near-perfectly by a matching one from Wade.

They both stopped their movements, Wade standing from the bed and Peter heading towards the nursery, to stare wide-eyed at each other, identical grins covering their faces.

"Hungry, babyboy?" Wade asked with a light teasing tone to his voice.

"I don't know, are you Wade?" They had a stand-still, before both cracked up and Wade pulled Peter towards himself, nodding at the door.

"Want to get something to eat?"

Peter nodded in agreement, "yeah. I have a loyalty card for discounts at the taco place two blocks over."

Wade's eyes lit up like a child in a candy shop, "Oh my gosh! I will love you forever!"

Peter smiled, his eyes nearly closing, and shook his head fondly, "you better."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I know it's here somewhere!" Peter huffed as he ruffled through his bag, searching for his wallet, that held his ID's, bank cards, loyalty cards and most importantly (in his opinion, anyway) the sonogram picture.

"Babyboy, I'm wasting away..." Wade complained, faux-fainting against the doorframe.

Peter looked at him and his eyes widened.

"That's it! It must be downstairs. I headed down for a drink, earlier. I must have left it in the living room. I was in a rush to get out. There were SHIELD agents talking to my dads. So I must have forgotten it."

He stood and put his things back to sorts, dusting his knees and walking over to the doorway.

"Why don't you head downstairs and I'll meet you near the underground parking entrance once I grab my wallet?"

Wade nodded slowly, "if you're sure..."

Peter smiled and kissed his cheek, slipping past his grabby arms and through the doorway.

"I'll see you down there."

~~~~~~~~~~

He headed down the stairs, hearing more noise in the area than usual.

"J, what's going on?" He asked, stopping on the stairs, just out of his pops' hearing range.

"Peter, it appears that the mission status has been updated. The avengers have now been tasked with locating and identifying Spider-Man, as well as Deadpool."

Peter looked down the stairs, towards the voices, in shock.

"What? Why?" He asked the AI, wanting to know what had changed.

"It appears that you have been less active, as of late, so SHIELD believe you to be mounting an attack of some sort. They suspect you are working with Deadpool, as you have been seen in the same areas on camera footage, though not actually together. Your times out in the streets have also become more irregular, diverting from your usual routine of mid-evenings and early morning."

Peter nodded and started down the stairs again.

"Please give Karen access to the required lanes needed to keep me updated on what's happening. I don't want to be caught off guard."

Jarvis flickered his lights and said, "yes, Peter, I should warn you that they're in a meeting at the moment and Legolas has just found and is about to open your wallet."

Peter's eyes widened and he headed quickly down the steps while taking them two at a time, not commenting on 'legolas', having been long used to his dad's nicknames for everyone.

He peeked around the corner of the wall and looked into the room, searching for Clint.

When he couldn't see him, he opened his senses and listened for any movement around the places that he couldn't quite see.

"Peter, Legolas is in the kitchen, he's pulling out the sonogram."

Peter's eyes widened and he quickly crawled up the wall, making his way across the ceiling to the entrance of the kitchen and dropping down silently to the floor, his knees bending as he naturally silenced his steps, on instinct, sneaking over to the ajar door of the pantry.

He had thought that Clint would be in the main kitchen area, but obviously he'd gone to the other room, for privacy, once he realised what the image was.

He pushed the door softy, glad for the umpteenth time that none of the hinges made any noise, poking his head through the gap to peer into the storage-type area.

He saw Clint hunched over something, behind some shelves, and moved into the room while closing the door softly behind himself.

The room became near-soundproofed, aided by Jarvis activating the privacy installations in the walls, Peter only knowing this as he heard the buss that would blocked anyone's advanced hearing from getting through to listen. Not his, of course- with them being much stronger, but his pops' would certainly not get through.

He walked over to the assassin and looked over his shoulder, seeing his wallet on the shelf and the photo in Clint's hand.

He sighed loudly, "I guess you're confused. Or not." He said in resignation.

Clint spun around and reeled back his arm to strike, only to immediately stop when he saw that it was Peter.

Peter used his hesitation to his own advantage and plucked the photo from the older man's fingers, reaching around to grab the leather wallet and putting the photo away in its previous place, slipping it smoothly into his front trouser pocket.

Clint watched him motionlessly, his arm still raised and his mouth hanging open.

"What." He said quietly, so quietly that Peter wouldn't have even heard it without his enhanced senses being on alert.

For that reason, he pretended that he didn't hear it and continued to watch the man in silence.

"You're too young." He finally settled on saying, his arms lowering to cross over his chest.

Peter's face immediately transitioned to a red mess, his indignation presenting prominently across his cheeks.

"You think I don't know that. You think it was planned?!" He retorted, not about to have the least judgemental (except maybe Thor and Bruce) person in his life judging him.

"Then what was that?!" Clint countered his voice, raising his own in response.

Peter took a step back and hugged himself around the waist, speaking softly, not wanting to fight his uncle. "I'm going to be a dad."

Clint's eyes immediately softened, hearing the vulnerability in Peter's voice.

He stepped closer and put his hands on both of Peter's shoulders.

"I can see that you're not ready to talk about it. When you are, you can come to me." Peter looked up in surprise.

"Don't act so surprised. I think that I overreacted because you're not too much older than my kids. I went in to protective parent mode." Clint reassured, smiling at him calmingly.

"So?" Peter looked at him in confusion, not understanding what he was asking.

"So?" He echoed.

Clint grinned and nudged him playfully.

"I don't need all the details but when are they due and who's the girl." He asked, leaning against the shelves beside where Peter was stood.

Peter rubbed his neck awkwardly, not sure how to explain.

He figured he would go with an adapted truth. Telling only the truth while withholding some major details.

"So, easy question first, they're due within the next two weeks." Clint grinned, the expression slowly morphing into a wide smile.

"Congratulations. I hope I get to meet them. What are you having? Or do you not know?" He asked at the end, apparently just an afterthought.

Peter smiled easily, relaxing into the conversation slightly more than he had been previously.

"Three boys and one girl. The girl will be the youngest." Clint smiled brightly and nodded, looking excited for Peter.

"The pregnancy is a bit complicated." Clint nodded in understanding and then shook his head.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me,-" Peter cut him off quickly, flailing to reassure him.

"No, no, it's not that. It really is just hard to explain. But I want to, like a practice for explaining it to my parents."

Clint nodded and crossed his arms, waiting patiently while Peter collected his thoughts together.

"So, you remember my trip to Oscorp with mid-town high?" Clint nodded that he did. It had been a big deal with his dad proclaiming how he would be swayed to the enemy's side.

"We went around the genetics floor and you know me, being me, I wandered off and got myself lost." Clint looked at him in amusement, well aware of how he was, having practically raised him with the others.

"I followed this guy who had a folder with a symbol that I recognised and he headed into a restricted section of the building. Of course, I followed." Clint gave an exasperated look and smiled.

"The guy left with the other people from that section and I wandered around the lab, it had metal containers of disks and palettes of experimental products..." Clint saw where this was going and his smile began to lessen.

Peter noticed, but continued his recounting of the event.

"I touched something by accident and got injected with a serum of some sort." That was an understatement, he thought to himself, remembering the spiders and conveyors of webs and the control panels that clearly shouldn't have been messed with.

Clint was looking really concerned by now.

"What happened, are you okay?" He fretted, looking Peter up and down, though staying where he was.

Peter nodded and smiled at him.

"I'm fine. It just changed my biology a little bit."

Clint didn't seem to understand, so Peter elaborated further, with his explanation.

"The serum didn't do anything at first, I just felt a bit dizzy. Then, at the weekend, I felt really sick and on Monday it was gone again." Clint had a frown on his face.

"That doesn't sound good."

Peter shook his head and continued before Clint could get any crazy ideas.

"It was changing some of my organs. That's what made me ill, because it used a lot of energy."

Clint nodded, "what does this have to do with the girl and your kids."

Peter shook his head and pointed at himself.

"I gave birth to them."

Clint looked at him for all of a second, holding a serious expression, before he burst out into laughter.

"Hahah! You- hahaha! Nice one!"

Peter realised that he thought he was joking and waited for his laughter to die down, which happened rather quickly once Clint looked at his face.

"You're serious?"

Peter nodded.

"I don't understand how that's possible."

Peter rubbed his neck, thinking how best to explain.

"The serum connected my testes to a Fallopian tube which enters a space above my rectum. It then converted 50% of my sperm into ovum. So, when I slept with my boyfriend, I got pregnant." Clint's eyes were wide and he looked in stunned silence at his pseudo-nephew.

"You're pregnant?" He asked in question, looking at Peter's flat stomach.

Peter shook his head and lifted his shirt, pointing at a small area of stretch marks. Clint's eyes locked precisely onto them.

"No. I was pregnant. I had to birth them prematurely, as my body was becoming weaker. They are now in artificial wombs, of sorts. Something I made. So they will be carried to full term, just not inside of me." Clint nodded, sort of understanding the gist of what he had just explained but still, not quite able to compute how it was even possible.

"You won't tell the others, right?"

Clint came back to the present and shook his head.

"No. This is yours to tell. You don't have to tell anyone, anything, until you're absolutely ready to do so."

Peter smiled, relieved, and pulled Clint into a tight hug.

"Thank you."

"No problem kiddo." Clint hugged him back, rubbing down his back, like a parent would when comforting an upset child.

"Were you meant to be going somewhere?" Clint asked a minute or so later.

"What?" Peter asked, not sure what he meant.

"You came looking for your wallet. Were you heading out somewhere?" Clint explained.

Peter's eyes widened and he jerked back from the hug, turning on his heel and running over to the door.

"Wade! Oh no, I'm late." He pulled the door open and ran his way to the parking entrance, hearing Clint's loud laughter in the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 1K 35
For a moment, just a moment, I thought my life would be normal. Though, when your older brother is an Avenger.. I guess that would never really be t...
166 9 16
"Since when?" "Since we're 8" "Doy clase los jueves no cobro mucho (I give classes on Thursdays I don't charge much)" Levi Brown has been best friend...
231K 5K 30
The Avengers learn about a hidden HYDRA base and make a plan to execute a mission to find if there is anything there of use. Steve, Bucky, Tony and P...
90.5K 2.9K 31
This is a Peter Parker x Bucky Barnes fanfic 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅🥀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ------------------------------------ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 𝟏𝟐.𝟎𝟗.𝟏𝟗 ...