Her

By ShaChief

He's finally met his match. Someone who isn't effected by his smile Someone who isn't impressed by his money ... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty

Fifteen

1.8K 95 10
By ShaChief

ZENDAYA
"It's 8 in the morning. It is 8 in the morning" I ran my hands through my hair. "If she doesn't stop yelling I will respectfully shove my fist down her throat"

"Ms. Coleman. Your sister needs to come with us."

"No"

"Bitch that's my daughter! I want her back! You had no permission to take my child. That's kidnap!" My mom yelled.

"I said no" I held my hands out in front of me. "Arrest me because I'm not willingly giving her up."

The officers stepped forward ready to cuff me but Dave stepped in front of me "wait... wait!" He turned to face me. "What are you doing?" He grabbed my face.

"You give her up now and you fight for custody later. Are you not listening ya mother is claiming kidnap. Right now they are gonna cuff you no matter what but it's not gonna stick and I will come bail you out but if you don't give her to them and you decide to fight for custody this will come up and be held against you."

"David.. I can't. They'll hurt her."

"Once you tell them everything she's gonna go into the system. We'll-"

"The system?? No she needs -"

"It'll just be a little while. It's the only way" he wiped my tears for me. "Trust me. We'll get her back."

"Coleman. Times up. Where is she?" the officer asked while cuffing me." I made eye contact with Dave and he gave me a encouraging nod.

"253 W 125th street" I said as Dave slipped out my front door.

"That's the address to the Apollo theater. Let's try again" the officer gave me a annoyed look while my mom smirked at me.

"149 E 33rd street" I whispered as they began to finally lead me out. "Aye bitch leave my crib!" I yelled seeing my mom began to look around my stuff. I dug the heels of my feet into the floor. "I want her out my shit. She doesn't have permission to be there."

"Out" the other officer instructed my mom she rolled her eyes before the officer asked where my key was to lock my door.

"I tried to warn you" she smirked.

"If you think I'm gonna make this easy for you then you got another thing coming....Junkie"

DAVE

I pound on Summer door for a good 15 second before it swings open to reveal an angry looking Summer.

"Boy, what in the actual fuck?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Where's Zhuri?"

"How'd you get my address?"

"You gotta be half sleep. I literally dropped her off here 3 times now."

"Well she's sleeping."

"Brandon here?"

"No he left for practice."

"Dave what's going on?"

"Cops are on their way to take her and I doubt the last face she wants to see in this scary situation is yours."

"Haha. What you really doing here?"

"Summer I don't have time for this she needs a warning before her junkie of a mother step up in here."

"In where?? Not my house."

Suddenly little steps echoed through the apartment. She yawned before rubbing her eyes so they could adjust.

"DAVE!" Her face lit up.

"Hey munchkin" I scooped her up in my arms.

"Where's sissy?"

" She couldn't come this morning. You'll see her soon. Okay?"

"Okay" she mushed my cheeks together. "Davey Bear are you taking me to school or summer? Because I don't want her to take me" she whispered the last part.

"LIL GIRL!!"

"See! She always loud" she covered her ears.

"Zhuri" I pulled her hands from her ears. "I need you to listen to me and don't get sad. okay?"

"Okay" she mushed my cheeks again.

"Fuck" I mumbled

"Bad word."

"Your mom- I can't. I'm taking her Summer. Zhuri hurry up go grab my shoes your coming with me." I put her down.

"Yayyyyy"

"Dave"

"I don't care Summer. I'm not letting her mother anywhere near her. Not even for a second."

Zhuri quickly came back with her shoes and a jacket "come on lil bit" I picked her up

"Dave."

"Summer I'm -"

"DAVE THEY'RE HERE. You need to go now."

"How ima get outta here?? You live in the projects nigga. One way in with yo big headed ass."

"See that's that rich nigga shit. Go down stairs go out the side door and cross over to the other building. NOW!" She pushed me out the door. "Take the stairs because I know that junkie not walking to the 8th floor."

"Hit me when you hear from Z." She yelled after me.

"Davey where we going??"

"Wanna go see Ms.Deb??"

"Yes!!" She screamed  I pulled her booster seat from my trunk and she strapped herself in. Once she was secure I slowly pulled off not wanting to draw attention to myself.

SUMMER

Loud knocks sounded on my door I took deep breaths before pulling the door open. "Oh no sir! I do not talk to feds ever but especially not this damn early in the morning."

"Good thing We don't really need to talk much." A female officer smiled.

"Where's my daughter bitch?"

"Linda Listen. Don't get bold in front of these officers. I don't know where Zendaya is but I do know she wouldn't want you popping up around her... bitch" I smirked

"nobody is looking for that disappointment I know Zhuri is here."

"She isn't."

"That's her Sunflower duffle." she pointed behind me.

"Youuu in my business. Don't do that." I blocked the view of my apartment. "Now like I said she isn't here."

"Then why is her bag?" The officer asked.

"Because I babysit her a lot so I keep a bag of her stuff here. Anything else?"

"We were told she was here. Can we search your apartment?"

"Of course officer, soon as you get a warrant."

"Let's not make this hard. If I have to get a warrant I'm coming back with 8 other officers to tear this place apart."

"Ohhhh, you gonna turn shit upside down?" I laughed

"Summer I just want my daughter back."

"Hoe please. Like I said ... she's not here. She's with Brandon."

"Brandon who?"

"Brandon the babysitter."

"I thought you were her babysitter?"

"Can there only be one? I'm Confused. Like I said she's with Brandon."

"Last name?"

"Brandon.... I don't fucking know that man last name. I'm not his keeper. All I know is she's with her other babysitter."

"If we don't find her we'll just keep coming back. You know the P's don't like cops sniffing around."

"That's ya nose and their problem" I closed my door and leaned against it letting out a breath. Dave better have a good fucking plan.

DAVE
"David Brewster jr! Have you lost your fucking mind" my mom yelled at me. After sending Zhuri upstairs with a snack. "Are you trying to go to jail?"

"Ma I didn't know what else to do." I paced back and forth. "If I was the one to hand her over to her mother Zhuri would hate me forever. I love that little girl she means everything to Zendaya which means she's important to me. I won't let anything happen to her."

"I need you to understand what you've done David. I know you think your helping by sending the cops on a wild chase but Zendaya told them she was with Summer that's just gonna make her look like a liar. You guys are making this harder and who knows what summer told them."

"They think he with Brandon but they have no info on Brandon."

"You & summer gonna be in jail with Zendaya before the day -"

"JAIL! Fuck... I gotta bail Zendaya out."

"David sit down! Now!"

"Ma. I have to -"

"NOW!" Her voice boomed causing my grandmother to appear.

"Ma" I sighed as I finally sat down.

"I know you don't want to but you are going to take Zhuri with you to the police station and you're going to hand her over to the cops."

"But..." her hand flew up to shut me up.

"Do not leave the station until a social worker shows up."

"Zendaya is gonna kill me if her sister ends up stuck in the system. She'd never forgive me. I wouldn't forgive myself."

"When the social worker shows up you are going to ask for temporary custody." She completely ignored me.

"They aren't going to -"

"Boy! Zhuri fear of her mother will get you temporary custody until Zendaya can get a trial date for custody but before you do this you need to know that Zendaya isn't gonna be allowed near Zhuri until that trial ."

"She's gonna hate me."

"It's what's best."

"It's funny because I told her the same thing but she is gonna be hella close and ima have to be the one to keep her away from Zhuri? Yeah she's not gonna talk to me for awhile."

"She'll forgive you" my mom kissed my forehead before going to get Zhuri. Soon as my mom went upstairs my phone began to ring. "Yo"

"You have a collect call from Zendaya."

"Dave why am I being questioned about Zhuri. Why isn't she with the cops already."

"How much is your bail?"

"Where's my sister Dave?"

"Bail?"

"David what did you do?"

"I took her. I couldn't hand her over."

"Summer had her, you didn't have to hand her over."

"I wasn't letting Summer face be the last thing she seen before she was back with your witch of a mother. Look I'm on my way." I ended the call once I heard footsteps.

"Come on kiddo." I held my hand out for her.

20 mins later we were at the police station. I turned around to look at Zhuri in the back seat. "Kiddo, I'm sorry"

She gave me a confused look before climbing out her seat and placing her hand in my cheek. "Don't be sad Davey"

I laughed and pulled her into a hug. "Kid I love you okay? And your sister loves you and we're going to figure this out. I promise princess."

"What's wrong?" She asked in a sad voice.

"Don't be sad, don't be scared" I got out the car and opened the back door for her. "Come on lil one" I walked her into the police station and up to the first officer we seen. "Excuse me"

"How may I help -Dave East. Love your game man!"

"Uhh thanks" I scratched my head " one I'm here to bail out Zendaya Coleman. Just charge it to this card." I handed over my card.

"Coleman... she kidnapped her kid sister? " He raised a brow after searching up her name.

"Do you know how stupid that sounds. Just get her out here"

"Sure Mr. East"

Also I have Zhuri Coleman. I believe you guys were look-"

"ZHURI! Baby" her hand was suddenly snatched from mine. Zhuri began to scream and kick.

"Dave!! Davey!!" She reached out for me as her mom tried to drag her away. "NOOOOO" she screamed with tears streaming down her face she threw herself on the ground and tried to yank away from her mom

"AYE YOU FUCKING JUNKIE! YOUR HURTING HER." Zhuri finally got away and ran back towards me hiding behind my leg. I picked her up letting her hide her face in my neck. Her mom marched towards me but cops blocked her path.

"Davey I don't wanna go with her. Please don't leave me" she tightened her arms around my neck.

"That's my daughter and I want her NOW!"

"If you touch her I will -"

"You'll what?? You gonna hit me.?"

"He won't But I will" Zendaya said as her cuff were taken off. "I been waiting for this again." She rushed towards her mother but I blocked her path glaring at her.

"No."

"Officer can we get a social worker here?"

"Have you lost your damn mind?!?!" Zendaya hit me. "Why the fuck would you. Gimme my sister! I'm leaving" she took Zhuri out my arms but the cops blocked her path.

"There will be a social worker here soon please have a seat."

"Social worker for what?? Her parent is right here." Her mom yelled.

" and clearly your parenting is questionable. Everyone seen how she reacted to you. Social services will handle this" the officer left.

"You better have a plan Dave." A tear slipped down Zendaya face and I sighed. 

I wiped her face and gave her a quick kiss
"I swear I do Baby girl."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 959 63
⋆ ˚₊ 🪩 ✩ TOXIC ⠀⠀⠀ i'm which, after meeting at a party, she finds it hard to break old habits, leaving him unsatisfied but wanting more ⠀⠀⠀ 15...
45.1K 1.1K 13
"You know I hit it properly, but nobody do it like me and you." *Completed JAN. 2018*
US By Alex

Fanfiction

14.4K 365 48
~ The Love Story
7.1K 387 63
⋆ ˚₊ 🪩 ✩ WONDERLAND ⠀⠀⠀ in which, they spend their time finding all the wonderful moments in life ⠀⠀⠀ 20 / 05 / 23 - 17 / 10 / 23 . . ᥫ᭡