Heartbroken: Is it worth it?

By c_kara_phelpss

The sequel to my first book, ๐‘ฏ๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’ƒ๐’“๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’... ๐’‚ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’–๐’Š๐’” ๐‘ท๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’Š๐’…๐’ˆ๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’‡๐’Š๐’„. ... More

Introduction to the characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
โ™ก๏ธŽโ™ก๏ธŽโ™ก๏ธŽ

Chapter 6

556 15 35
By c_kara_phelpss

"Hey that took awhile. Everything ok?" Louis asked as he saw Eden walk down the stairs.

"Yup! Come on. Let's go!" She said while pulling his arm and sitting him down on the couches around everyone.

"Let's play a game." one boy suggested.
"How about charades?"

"No. We arent in the second grade anymore John. How about spin the bottle?" Eden suggested, smiling.

The group nodded but Louis was hesitant.

"Um how about a different one." Louis suggested.

"Oh Louis. Come on. Don't be a wuss." one of the boys pressed on.

Before Louis could retort, they started.
"I just won't play." Louis thought to himself.

After a couple minutes of people spinning the bottle, it was Annie's turn.

The girl spun it swiftly until it slowly came to a halt.
Everyone slowly looked up at Louis.

"I'm not playing. Spin it again." Louis said nervously; but before he could speak anymore Annie leaned in from beside and kissed him.

Louis pulled away quickly.
"What was that?!" Louis yelled while standing up.
"I'm leaving." He said whilst grabbing his jacket and quickly running out.

"Thanks Annie. I got a good, clear picture."
Eden whispered to the red head.

***

The next day Louis woke and looked at his clock.

*10:56*

Louis sighed and slowly got out of bed. Though he already missed first period, he still had enough time to make his second class.

When Louis was walking to his classes that day, he felt like everyone was staring at him.
He decided to just shrug it off. After all, he was a celebrity. He got stares everywhere he went.

When Louis finally made it to his dorm later that night, he decided to go on instagram for the first time that day.

That's when he saw it.

Louis' heart dropped as he scrolled through his feed and the picture came up repeatedly.

It was everywhere. But how?

Louis frantically called y/n; knowing she'd already seen the picture.

Louis what is going on?

Y/n ok I can explain

I don't know Louis.
That picture is pretty self- explanatory.
How could you?!

Y/n I'm sorry.
You have to listen though.

I'm sorry Louis.

*call ended*

Louis' heart broke as Y/n hung up.

What have I done?

***

"Are you ok Y/n?"

"Yeah"

"She obviously isn't Issie! Why would you ask that?"
"I don't know!"
"Well do you want to talk about it?"

"No thanks. I'm good. Though as hard as it is, I think it's best if I move on from this and not dwell on it."

"Yes that's the bad bitch energy we need!
Ouch! Why did you hit me?!
We mean, good for you Y/n. Very mature."

"Haha thanks Millie."

"Well if you really need anything Y/n, we are here."

"Thanks Issie. I miss and love you guys!"

"Love you too Y/n. Bye bye."

"Bye."

*facetime ended*

Y/n ended the call and flopped onto her bed.
It seemed that it was all people talked about. Though she was still deeply heartbroken, she knew she had to move on.

But how could she?
How could she move on from the person she knew better than herself? How could she just forget all the memories?

How could she just forget him?

October

November

December

Y/n walked out of the terminal and was engulfed in warm arms.

"Ah we missed you so much!" y/n's dad said happily as hugged his daughter tightly.

"I missed you guys so much too!" y/n replied. Her contagious smile never leaving her face.

***

As y/n's dad brought in her luggage, y/n heard two familiar voices.

"Y/n you're home!"

"Millie!"

"The two young girls ran to each other and hugged, a third person soon followed.

"Hi Issie." y/n smiled.

"Oh my gosh we weren't expecting you for another couple of days!" Issie squealed.

"Ah well I wanted to come back as soon as possible!" Y/n replied.

"Are you coming to christmas dinner though?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world! But-"

"Don't worry. Louis won't be there." Issie assured softly, earning a small smile from Y/n.

***

Will, Millie and Y/n spent almost every second together, just like old times.

"So tell us; what is California like?" Will asked impatiently.

"Well it's big but it's not at all like the movies. People are actually quite loud and sometimes rude." Y/n laughed.
"But I've met some pretty fantastic people. It's so beautiful though. San Francisco is breathing."

"Aw you're so lucky!" Millie whined.

Y/n gasped at the sudden thought in her head.
"How about next summer we all take a trip to California!?"

"Omg I would love that!" Millie screamed.

"Count me in." Will agreed.

Before y/n could say anything else she noticed the time.

"Shoot. I have to go guys. I'm gonna be late for Christmas Eve dinner."

"We'll see you tomorrow!" Will shouted.

"Bye! Happy Christmas!"
Y/n exclaimed as she ran out if the coffee shop and down the block to her house.
Her boots making small shoeprints in the packed snow.

Y/n quickly got ready and made her way next door to the Partridge's house.
Feeling relived Louis wasn't going to be there; she knew that if she saw him, she would feel even more heartbroken than she already was.

"Sit next to me!" Millie insisted as she dragged y/n over to the table— ready to eat.

The table was set beautifully with multiple candles lighting up the room and intricate silverware placed evenly. The savory aroma of the turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, and mince pies filling the house, leaving y/n's stomach growling with hunger.

Y/n looked outside the window and saw white snow falling gracefully. The warm-light lamps illuminating the street. To y/n, it looked like something purely out if a movie.

Y/n's daydream was cut short by a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Mr. Partridge smiled politely at the guests.

"Hey dad!"

Y/n's greatful smiled instantly dropped from her face. She knew that voice.

Just as she feared, his face popped out of the doorway and instantly met Y/n's eyes.
His smiled dropped as he stared at her intensely.

But to y/n's surprise, it wasn't with hate; but with compassion and hope.

Y/n looked at her plate. Aware of Issie and Millie's stares between the two.

"Louis we weren't expecting you to come!" Mrs. Partridge exclaimed, pulling in her son for a hug.

"Well I told him that there is no way I'm letting him spend Christmas without his family." an unfamiliar voice chirped up.

"Ah who is this Louis?" Mrs. Partridge questioned with a shocked smile.

"Hi I'm Eden. Louis' girlfriend."

Y/n looked up from her plate and made eye contact with her.

"I- uh that's not exactly tru-." Louis whispered, almost to quiet to hear.

The silence was unbearable as the tension rose in the Partridge residence.

"Well nice to meet you Eden." Millie passive-aggressively greeted the girl as she broke the silence.

The brown-eyed girl smiled as she sat next to Louis, who just so happened to sit right in front of y/n.

"Let's eat!" Issie exclaimed.

***

"So Eden. How did you and Louis meet?"

"I don't really know." the curly haired girl said looking over at the boy next to her.
"Guess it was just fate!"

Louis rolled his eyes while looking down at his plate and muttering under his breath.
Y/n observed this and started quietly laughing which caught his attention.

The two smiled at each other fondly for a few seconds but was stopped when y/n quickly looked away. Not wanting to get heartbroken any further.

***

After dinner was finished and they all cleaned up, the adults conversed in small talk by the fire and Millie and Issie hanging out with their friends: leaving the three young college students alone.

"So! Y/n is it?" Eden spoke up; breaking the awkward silence.
"Lou has told me so much about you."

"Oh that's nice." Y/n replied, making sure to not make eye contact with Louis, who looked rather pale out of pure nervousness.

"So I hear you go to Stanford?

"Yes."

"Isn't California beautiful? My family and I visited a few years back."

"Yeah. It is quite amazing. Especially in-."

"How long have you known Louis?" Eden interrupted.

"Um since we were very little..." y/n replied.

"And remind me; how long were you to dating?" Eden questioned again.

"I'm gonna get something to drink." Louis quickly said while standing up.
"You guys want anything?"

"I'll have some more apple cider! Thanks Lou-Lou!" Eden chimed as Louis slightly grimaced at the nickname.

Eden's smile never faltered until Louis was out of sight and the two girls were alone.

"Listen here." Eden leaned into y/n. "You stay away from Louis. He is mine."

Y/n was taken aback by this.
"Pardon?"

"Oh you heard me loud and clear. Louis doesn't want you anymore. Why do you think he cheated? How stupid were you to think he could ever love you?" Eden sneered.

Tears began to form in the young girls eyes.

"Here's your drink Eden. Y/n! Are you ok?" Louis asked sympathetically as he came back from the kitchen.

"Just leave me alone." y/n said, grabbing her things. Tears now running down her rosy cheeks as she made her way to the front door.

"Y/n wait!" Louis called after her but was met with a door shut in his face.

"What did you do Eden?" Louis harshly sneered at the girl.

Louis grabbed his coat and ran outside into the snow covered street.

"Y/n wait!"

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

ah hi guys! hope you liked this chapter!
unfortunately, we are nearing the end of this book😢.
i'm so sad but at the same time excited!

this chapter was so fun to write though with all the dramaaa loll.

me shocked when Eden said she was Louis' girlfriend, even though i was the one who wrote it:

but as i was writing that awkward scene when Eden comes in, Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo came on the radio and it just hit RIGHT in the feels😭👌.

we gotta stan millie though😌. with her savage come-backs hahaha.

also, thank you for 17K reads on my first book though!! i cannot even fathom that 17K people actually took time to read my book so im so so greatful for you all☺️.

I hope you guys have a great rest of your week!
If you guys ever need someone to talk to or just vent to someone, i'm always here!!! <3

-Karaシ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 31.4K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
283K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
201K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
933K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.