Everything's Not Okay

By Dannn_ie

I have it all, huh? I'm sweet and caring for everyone and anyone. Yeah, I'm a little dumb, but that's just be... More

Always
Usual
Of Course
As If
Your Fault
Again
Try Harder
Please Don't
Not enough
Seriously
Yeah Okay
Just Stop
You Can't
You Don't
Shut Up
A Waste
Get Out
I'm Done
You're Annoying
Holy Shit
Be Serious
Godforsaken Kids
You're Useless
You Liar
Just Talk
Come On
It's Over
I Care
Its Fair
Good Luck
Probably Not
It's Rude
A Monster
Is it Okay?

Not Fair

5.7K 292 573
By Dannn_ie

They couldn't respond. How could they? Their reasoning didn't even seem valid anymore. Sero stands up to say something to Denki, but before he could Denki starts to mumble and shake. 

"no no no no no nonononononono." He slowly backs up until his back bumps against a table. It startles him and he whips his head behind to look at it before staring at the floor again. "why are you here, why would you be here?!" His voice gets louder as he continues to talk. He's gasping for air as he continues to panic. 

"Guys." Kirishima is the one who takes everyone out of their freeze. "Guys I think he's having a panic attack." They all stare at Denki as he crumbles to the floor while it finally clicks. They triggered him into having a panic attack.

"Shit." Sero fumbles to take his phone out. He taps a contact and presses his phone to his ear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Hawks speaking." I look at the stars as slowly fly above the streets.

"Come get Kaminari." The name made me halt my movements. Kaminari? 

"Did something happen, Bakugou?" I only gave a few people my number and the majority of those are pros. When I saw the unknown number it could've been anyone. I wasn't expecting Bakugou though. I wasn't even entirely sure if Kaminari gave him that note. Well now I know he did.

"Yeah the shitheads went to his job and now he's having a panic attack. I just got a call from Sero now since they don't know how to handle him." My phone pings with a notification. I take it away from my face to see, it's a location. Probably Kaminari's workplace. "I sent you the coordinates to the restaurant. I can't get there as fast as you can, but I will take care of them afterwards."

"I see."

"Oi just pick Kami up and leave, I will take care of the rest. I need to knock some sense into my idiot boyfriend." I can hear Bakugou grumble.

"A boyfriend?! Denki never mentioned this before. I'm surprised someone is able to handle you." I snicker.

"I'm hanging up."

"No wait! Is there anything else I need to know? At least about who's there?" 

"Yeah, Denki likes Eyebags." He says before he hangs up.

Who the fuck is Eyebags.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's who Eyebags is. Not bad Denki.

I open the door of the restaurant to see two of the staff members and six UA students, not including Denki himself. I look around the place before I spot Denki huddle under one of the tables. 

 "What are you doin-"

"Shut up." I cut off the short girl before walking over to Denki. I've never dealt with panic attacks before. Ethan has never had one, but he does space out for long periods of time. Maybe it's something similar? Maybe Denki needs some grounding. "Hey you two, do you have ice?" I point over to the staff.

"Uh- yes! I'll bring you some in a cup." The girl rushes into the kitchen.

"hey denki, your big brother hawks is here." I pull him into a hug and wrap my wigs around him. It seems to help. He's now clutching my shirt. "see you already accepted that we're brothers since you didn't deny it this time." I whisper to him.

"Here's the ice!" The girl hands me the cup of ice. Was it put the ice in his mouth or was it put the ice in his hand..... I take his hand and put it in the cup of ice. He shivers but that's just about it. This was much easier with Ethan even though he didn't talk for hours.

"Are we just gonna let some random pro come over here and cuddle up with Kaminari? Did Aizawa call you and tell you who he is?" The short girl with random earphones out of her ears? questions as she moves closer to Denki and I. He seems to notice and flinches. Ah okay I know who she is now.

"You would like that to happen wouldn't you bitch?" I stared her right in her eye. She looks away quickly. "Yeah I know who you guys are and don't think that's a good thing."

"Did Bakugou call you over? I called him first." So that means he's Sero. I know Midoriya and Todoroki. I'm pretty sure the purple guy is Eyebags so Shinsou. The red head is Kirishima, Bakugou mentioned that. And that leaves the girl as Jirou.

"Yes he did. He told me he'd take care of you all, but I have a few things I just wanted to say to you all. Ya know Pro Hero to Pro Heroes in training." I grin.

"You." I point at Kirishima. "Yes you, the one with 'shitty hair'?" His face flushes before he nods. "Yeah perfect, I'm gonna need you to get your shit together. Your boyfriend? He's gonna beat your ass, so I suggest you figure out where your friendship lies in the next." I look at the clock on the wall. "10 minutes or so. And don't get it wrong."

"You, the lanky one. I know you mean well, glad you made up with Denki, but this shit? Yeah not your best work. So you probably meant well, but just know it turned out shitty." 

"You two! Green hair and red white thing. You guys look innocent, you're fine. But maybe next time instead of tagging along you can maybe try and stop them from doing something stupid like this?" Midoriya nods his head in agreement then continues to do so for another minute. weird.

"Don't even look at me pretty boy." I put my hand in front of his face. 

"me?" he points to himself as he looks around.

"See anyone else here with the nickname pretty boy? No don't look around- listen I would slap you because this was just dumb on your behalf, but you're pretty boy so I can't do that. You got lucky."

"thank you?"

"you're welcome. Now you." I point to the short girl. "You bitch." I laugh. "You should be lucky that you're still a minor and I'm a Pro Hero because if you and I weren't then you wouldn't be leaving this building alive or at least not walking." I stand up with Denki in my arms. I withdrew my wings from his body. I need to still fly us back to the apartment.

"Did you just threaten me?"

"Yes and what of it? Can't take what you dish out?" I raise my eyebrow. "Well too damn bad! Maybe you should think before you open your mouth." I glare at her.

I place the cup of ice on the nearest table and start walking to the door. "toodles" I wave behind me. "Oh can you be a dear and tell your demon boyfriend that I took him home with me." 

"i-uh yes sir."

"thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stupid fucking boyfriend making me leave MY BED to pick HIS ASS UP. It's a school night what is he even doing outside past the curfew? BEING AN IDIOT THAT'S WHAT. Unreasonable my ass, I have half a mind to go there and blow his ass up. He's lucky he has a damn hardening quirk."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fly back to Hawks' apartment was.. manageable. Though the whole time there was some sort of eerie atmosphere with Denki not uttering a word and all. Hawks figured that once they were out of the others' sight he would come back to his senses, but in all honesty maybe he just got worse. 

"hey kid we're almost there. i can see the balcony." Hawks has been narrating everything the whole flight. Though he was in a rush since Denki was unresponsive he did go slower than usual just in case Denki did wake up and panic about being however many feet it was in the air. "ethan should be home or coming home too, so i'll have to find something to do with him in the meantime." He lands on the balcony before opening the door, which is never locked.

The balcony brings them right to Hawks room where he lays Denki on the bed. "okay okay, Hawks remember your training. dammit they never prepared me for someone else's panic attacks!" He looks around his room before landing back on Denki. "ah shit the ice melted and i left the cup there good going hawks. Wait, ice is grounding, he needs to ground himself... pressure!" He rushes to his closet and pulls out a weighted blanket. "This should do the trick." He wraps it around Denki's shoulders. Kaminari's shoulders start to tremble again. Hawks smiles a bit thinking he's coming back. He takes a feather and gives it to Denki to hold. It stays still on his limp hands, but the slight twitches gives Hawks hope. That is until he hears the quiet sound of the front door closing.

"shit ethan." Hawks knows he can't let Ethan see him this way. He's unstable at the moment, both of them. He knows he shouldn't do this, but it's the only option he has.

"Hey buddy, do you want to go on a ride?" He asks as he stops in the hallway where Ethan is walking.

"is that denki?" He points behind him to which Hawks brushes it off.

"Come on it'll be fun."

"okay." he grabs his hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hear me out. Let's trade kids." Hawks hold Ethan up in front of him with his feathers. They're both grinning like idiots and Aiko clearly isn't buying it.

"who the fuck are you and who allowed you to take this kid?"

"Number 3 Pro Hero Hawks and this is Ethan. He's my.." He looks down at him with a smile. "son, he's my son." 

"Now I find that very hard to believe. You having a son and it isn't all over the news."

"It's a bit of a secret, I just met him like a month ago." He laughs.

"Excuse me what."

"Okay listen I have Denki. Wait not in a kidnapped way, I mean he's staying with me instead of that creep and right now he's not doing so hot. So can I borrow one of those gremlins he likes in trade for this one? Trust me they both love each other to death, but he's just not what Denki needs right now. He needs someone who knows him more. Someone uhh less energetic."

"I- uh. I'm glad he's staying with you-"

"Yeah yeah okay so I kind of have to make this quick because I may or may not left him alone during a panic attack and all might knows what he's gonna do because I'm not there so could you just like signal one of em over that would be nice."

"Oh yeah! Ummm okay so maybe Haru? Haru yes! He's been with Denki the longest so yeah I'll come him over yeah." She turns back in the library. "Haru! Put on your shoes and coat and please hurry. Hawks here is going to bring you to Denki. And the rest of you please behave because you have a new friend here tonight." She smiles at Ethan and Hawks lets his feathers go.

"Thank you." He watches Ethan run off inside. "So you are?" He smirks. She raises her eyebrow and smirks back.

"Taken, but my name is Aiko. What's yours?" 

"Hawks, remember?" Her eyebrows furrows at the answer. 

"No I mean you're real name. Like birth name." She presses on. 

"Hawks." He ignores her confused glance and checks his watch. I've only been gone for a couple of minutes and my feather hasn't felt any movement. I'm sure he's fine other than the whole not responding thing.

Before she can comment again Haru taps her side. He has on his usual grey and light blue clothes on. This time he had tan earmuffs and a book in his hands. He looks up at Hawks once before staring at the ground.

"There he is!" Aiko crouches down to Haru so he looks up at her. "This is Hawks, he's watching Denki." She signs to him. Unfortunately for Hawks he doesn't see the interaction due to Aiko's back blocking his view.

"Hey Haru is it? I can see why you're Denki's favorite, seems as though you're both bookworms. So I need you to do me a favor. Do you mind coming back home with me to see your pal Denki? He's not doing so great right now, and I'm sure you're more used to him like this than I am. I'm a bit stumped right now." He smiles sheepishly to which Haru tilts his head. He turns to Aiko before nodding at the pro hero. 

"Great, let's go." He holds his hand out. "I'll bring him back later."

"He still has school ya know!"

"And he'll be back jeez."

"When?"

"eventually...."

"Tomorrow at dawn, no if's and's or but's."

"I can have that arranged."

"You will."

The fly back is a quiet one. It reminds Hawks of when he brought Denki to the apartment. Maybe Haru was just a quiet kid, it seem like it. Hawks didn't know a thing and that's why he's confused as to why Haru just stares at Denki when he's brought inside.

Is he gonna do something or will he just stare at him all night?

Haru walks up to Denki and pushes the weighted blanket off of Denki's shoulders.

"Wait kid that's supposed to help-"

He shakes his head. "n-no pre-s-sure." He coughs. He takes Denki's hands and rubs them on his cheeks. "h-haru." He lets Denki's hands stay on his cheeks while he raises his own and rubs Denki's. "denk-ki." 

Hawks stares from the doorway, he's unsure if he should be doing something or not. He looks between the two sitting on the bed. "fuck." His hand grabs his hair and he walks out the room. Haru doesn't notice him leave.

"haru." He moves Denki's hands to his hair and lets the roam through it. He settles himself on Denki's lap to close Denki in a hug. His breathing picks up and his small hands tighten in the other's shirt. 

Hawks doesn't want to admit it, but he hears the small hiccups coming from the bedroom. He let's it go for the time being. He doesn't want to interrupt their time together.

The cries get louder and with it are jumbled words.

"im msroy, denki imsory!"

Hawks' hand tightens in his hair. He definitely pulled a few strands out, not that he's paying any mind to it. He walks to his kitchen and opens a window for some air. Everything feels so stuffy, it's getting hard to breathe. He only went to the kitchen because the other window is in the bedroom. It's not because he can't hear the crying as loudly from here. 

He pulls out his phone and dials the number. He doesn't even think about it. The amount of times he almost called, and now he'll finally do it. It was time to anyways.

"Hawks?"

"We're doing it."

"Now?!"

"No tomorrow."

"What's the reasoning behind this late call?"

"I'll tell you when you get here."

"He's already with you?"

"Of course."

Hawks can hear the other man sigh through the phone. "I'll be there soon"

"See ya in 50!"

Now he has 50 minutes to collect himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru always looked so calm when sleeping. I know he keeps such a neutral face, but anyone can tell that he's tense. I smile as he snuggles closer to my chest. This is nice. I look out Hawks' balcony window for a moment before I hear shuffling. That must be Hawks in the kitchen. I should actually go back to work, I haven't told them I wasn't coming and I wouldn't them working the shop alone.

I look for my phone, it's on the nightstand and dying, but I can see the time. I'm only half an hour late. The train ride there is probably another thirty minutes so I can be there in an hour. I'll call them when I get to the station to let them know. I slowly lift Haru off of my lap and place him in the middle of the bed. 

"I'll be back." I kiss his forehead before taking his coat off. It seems like he already took off his shoes and earmuffs since there's a pair in the corner and I'm sure they're not Hawks'. I fold his jacket and put it with his other things. I stop when I see a book on the dresser. I'm sure he would want to read this as soon as he wakes up. I put it on the nightstand and cover him with a blanket.

I walk out the room, but don't see Hawks. Maybe he already left for patrol. I grab my bag that was on the couch and head towards the door, but before I could reach for it a red feather is darted right where my hand would've been. I blink at it before slowly turning around.

"Hawks. Pleasure seeing you here." I clap my hands together.

"Denki. It's my apartment." He crosses his arms after calling his feather back.

"Oh yes I must've forgot." I drift off while swaying back and forth. I can see that he changed out of his work clothes which is rare since he patrols like every second.

"Uh huh. It's funny seeing you leave and at such a late hour."

"oh is it?" I scratch the back of my neck. A nervous tick I definitely picked up from Shinsou.

"Yeah it is. Where are you going?"

"I'm just ya know, heading off to work like I usually do." I point to the door with a laugh. He's never stopped me from going to work before. Well he didn't have to pick you up because of a panic attack either.

"Didn't you just come from work?" He's not mentioning that I didn't really come back myself, and I don't know whether to be grateful or not because I'm sure he'll bring it up sooner or later.

"I have two jobs."

"Interesting." One of his feathers brings him a drink and he takes a sip before walking over to the couches and sitting down. "Yeah so you're not going to that second job."

"and why not?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Because I said so?" He closes his eyes and takes another sip.

"That's not a valid excuse!"

"It is when you're the older brother, you'll understand in a few more years." One of his feathers comes to hand me a cold water bottle. I stare at it before shoving it out of my face.

"You're not my brother."

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say." He sighs.

"Who's all?!" Hawks barely makes sense on a good day, I can barely understand him right now.

"wouldn't you like to know." Yes! Yes I actually would.

"Hawks. I'm going in for work tonight whether you like it from not, and judging from this conversation I can already tell that you don't." I huff. It's not like he can just keep me here, he's not my guardian. I turn around and get my hand to the doorknob without a feather threatening me. He doesn't seem to be stopping me. I smile and turn the knob.

"I called Aizawa." I freeze.

"you did what." It's barely a whisper, but he picked it up. He always does.

"I called your teacher. Mr Shouta Aizawa, he sure is a cranky guy." I turn around to see Hawks get up from the couch. "Ah but he should be here soon. 10 minutes give or take."

"w-why? why would you do that?"

"Denki you and I both know this has been going on for a while now. It seemed appropriate to shed some light on the situation especially after tonight."

"but you're not going to tell him about my dad or the kids right? you said you wouldn't! you promised me!"

"And how long did you expect me to keep this a secret for Denki? Until you get a panic attack when you're alone and there's no one to help?"

"Please, please, just a little bit longer? It's October. All I need is the rest of this month and November I swear and the kids wont be under his care anymore. You even helped me find them new parents and I already started asking them. I'm so close to being finished, I just I CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING I WORKED FOR TAKEN AWAY FROM ME!" I yell at him. I just need him to understand, to try to just see from my point of view. But all he does is stares at me with a frown. A stupid frown that tells me it's over.

"Listen y-you can just tell him that I passed out or something. Maybe I overworked myself or or from lack of food, maybe stress I DONT CARE. I can't have him making me quit my jobs nor do I want the others to get in trouble." That's when his facial expression changes.

"No, hell no. Jirou is getting in trouble, I'll make sure of that." His voice is stern.

"You don't get it Hawks. She's just upset about the attacks, we all are, and she just needed someone to take the blame. I'm okay with it being me. It doesn't hurt that much anymore." I wipe the tears away from my eyes. His face softens at the action.

"Denki I know you care for your classmates, but we're different. She shouldn't be blaming innocent students just because she's upset. She's allowed to be upset, yes. But she should be blaming the league." He throws his hands up.

"But aren't you friends with the league? I mean I saw Dabi almost swallow you whole the other day, which I would like to add that I never want to see again." I chuckle at the end at his blush.

"That was before I joined them, I'm not proud of their actions at all."

"Joined? So you're saying you're a villain."

"what? No, I'm a hero."

"That's what you say now, but Dabi says otherwise."

"Wait how did you even manage to turn this around, we're here to talk about you. Now go take those clothes and put on your pajamas, it's going to be a long night." He sends one of his feathers away. When I hear the pot whistle I assume it's for coffee since Aizawa is coming. Shit I forgot about that haha.

"I don't have pajamas." I mumble.

His head whips towards me. "What have you been sleeping in this whole entire time?"

"my work clothes." I slide my bag off my shoulders. I let it drag on the floor as I walk over to drop it on the couch where it was beforehand.

"Oh wow, and you were trying to make be seem like a workaholic. Well look whose better now." He puts his hands on his hips proudly. "But I realized you didn't have pajamas a while ago. Was kind of hoping you'd ask for some, but that's fine. I left you a pair in the bathroom. Freshen up too, you look a mess.

"Okay big bro." I laugh before walking towards the bathroom. I hear a soft 'love you' but don't acknowledge it. If he wanted me to hear, he would say it louder. 

I look in the mirror to see that Hawks was right, I do look a mess. He might've even said it nicer because I look like a wreck honestly. No wonder he didn't let me go to work. That and the whole panic attack issue, but I'm honestly fine. I don't remember much of the details and I would love to forget it all but I'm sure there will be a long talk when I go back to school which hopefully doesn't involve crying.

I look on the closed toilet seat to see a pair of Pro Hero Hawk themed pajamas. Oh he totally did this on purpose. I laugh at the dumb red feather pattern on the pants and shirt before taking off my work clothes. It doesn't take long for me to freshen up and when I'm finished I check on Haru before making my way back to Hawks.

"Hey Hawks, where is Ethan?"

If I'm being totally honest I am not ready for this conversation at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 557 34
Kaminari has survived many encounters with villains, including kidnapping, threats of death, home invasion, rescue missions, attacking other villains...
137K 4.9K 45
|Intense Trigger Warning| Kaminari Denki is the lovable, bright, cheerful, living sunshine of class 1A. He's a closeted bisexual disaster who loves t...
272K 10.2K 38
Denki Kaminari, the classclown, the boy with no worries that can't take anyrhing serious right? wrong What if that was all a fasad and what was real...
33.8K 986 26
𝗞𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗺𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆. 𝗛𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲...