stay with me • albedo

By yoimiyah

"Do you think glasses get in the way of kissing?" On the first day of university, what can you want more than... More

DISCLAIMER + INFO!
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14 -- Yunjin's backstory.
15
16
17
18
19
20
NOT AN UPDATE
21- Yunjin's text
22
Epilogue
23 - christmas special
24- yunjin extra
closing word

6

7.8K 370 1.7K
By yoimiyah

[UNEDITED]

time skip, 5 months.

"[Y/N]." Sucrose leans against your doorframe with her hands crossed. You, on the otherhand, don't budge from your position, let alone reply your roommate. Breathing out with hearts in your eyes, you stare out of your window in a dazed state.

"Stop simping." Sucrose shoves her hand infront of your face, causing you to jump from surprise. You pout, but Sucrose doesn't pay any mind to it. "Who are you thinking about?" She asks, going behind you and braiding your hair.

"Ka-" You shut your mouth almost immediately, not wanting to expose your crush.

"Ka?"

"Ka..I think you heard me wrongly. I meant to say Xinyan. You know the new idol who just debuted? yeah her. I think I'm in love with her. She's so pretty and talented. I hope she marries me." You try to sound as convincing as possible, but Sucrose gives you a look as if showing that she doesn't believe it.

"I have some good news." Sucrose chimes in a high voice, and you could tell that she was obviously blushing. You hum in a suggestive tone, and she bursts out laughing. "Is the news about me or is the news about you?" You ask, and she points to herself. Nodding, you nudge at her with your elbow, a smirk making its way to your face.

It's been 7 months since you had started university here in Korea. Well, university life has been same as usual -- nothing too bad, other than Albedo who has been annoying you since the start. Speaking of Albedo, you and Albedo had did really well for the assignment, scoring an A+.

And your crush on Kaeya, well, had developed slightly more. Ever since the day he replied to your 'I love you', you have been thinking about his reply every single day, keeping you up at night, and the first thought that comes to your brain in the morning. Yes, you are down bad. Do something about it.

However so far, nothing much has changed.

Or has it?

Walking down the corridor with Sucrose, you hear murmurs and whispers coming from the students in the chemistry department. You look at Sucrose questionably, but she pays no mind to it.

"Kaeya!" You hear her shout, before running towards the older. Tilting your head, you're slightly confused about this situation. However, all thoughts leave your head when you see Kaeya's hands wrap around her petite figure affectionately.

You try not to break then and there, swallowing the lump in your throat and holding in the tears at the back of your eyes. You didn't want to jump into conclusions, and maybe -- and you really hope that you still have a chance.

"Wh.. What's going on here..?" You try not to sound upset. Sucrose releases herself from the embrace and pulls Kaeya's coat so that he's following closely behind her, before winking at you and whispering 'I'll tell you later!'

You are left standing in the middle of the corridor, dumbfounded.

Lesson passes by relatively quick; and you find yourself gazing at Sucrose's message intensely.

'Meet me at the cafe outside of the university! Bring Albedo along with you too~'

Propping your chin up with your hand, you sigh, gaining the attention of the one beside you. Albedo peeks over at your phone, reading the message. "What's this about?" He asks, leaning back in his chair.

"I don't know. But I have a bad feeling about this." You hold your phone in your palms, biting your lip anxiously. Albedo purses his lips as if thinking of what to say, but he ignores you anyways.

Once your lecture was done, you immediately pulled Albedo out of the lecture theatre and out of the main gate. You were anxious, scared of disappointment -- What if the guy you loved for so long loves someone else instead? You knew this day would come, since the moment you started to like him, but you were never ready for it.

Pushing open the door of the cafe, you see the pair sitting at the corner, right next to the window. You close your eyes, taking a deep breath before walking towards the table.

"[Y/N]! Albedo! You're here!" Sucrose chimes -- you can see that she's obviously excited. Her eyes are beaming and her lips is pulled into a wide smile -- For a moment, you feel your heart burn alittle.

"So! I asked you guys to meet me and Kaeya here because we have something to tell you!" Sucrose pauses to look at Kaeya with a knowing smile, before looking at you two to create suspense. You could already feel it coming, but you try to ignore it as much as you could.

"Me and Kaeya.. have started dating! He's my boyfriend! And I'm his girlfriend." Sucrose announces, turning her chair so she could hug Kaeya. Kaeya, on the otherhand, smiles at her so lovingly that it pierces through your heart.

Biting your lip, you glance at Albedo -- who's totally not breaking down on the inside right now. His eyes are wavering and you see him tear up slightly. He stands up abruptly, earning the attention of the loving pair.

"I..!" Albedo begins, but stops. He's trying to restrain himself from saying what he's about to say next. Instead, he looks at you. And something in him clicks.

"I... [Y/N] and I are dating too. Sorry for not telling you earlier." Albedo grabs your wrist alittle too aggressively, pulling you to stand up. You're absolutely confused, but you play along with it. When he turns to look at you, you mouth out a 'Why are you dragging me into this?!'

Albedo purses his lips, ignoring you. Sucrose looks at the both of you suspiciously, crossing her arms and leaning against the chair. "I don't believe it." Sucrose says honestly, and you could see him tense up alittle. "Unless. You kiss each other."

The blonde immediately goes still, his head turning slowly to look at you in fear. He doesn't hesitate to even cup your face, leaning in unwillingly.

You stop him before his lips reach yours by putting your hand on his mouth.

"Sucrose, me and Albedo have been taking it slow. Please don't ask him to do stuff like this when you know he isn't like this." You say taking one of Albedo's hands from your face into yours. "I mean no harm when I say that, of course. I know you didn't force him to. But he definitely felt pressured. Please never doubt our relationship. We are very much in love even if it doesn't seem like it." You finish, dragging Albedo out of the restaurant with you.

After walking quite a distance, you stop infront of the dorms and turn to look at Albedo with a stern look. "Now why would you drag me into this?! Now we have to play lovey dovey infront of Sucrose. I even had to talk down to her just to stop you from kissing me with those disgusting lips of yours." You pipe out frustratedly, while Albedo hangs his head low.

You could tell that he was definitely regretting his actions from earlier and it's extremely obvious. Sighing, you slump against the gate of the dorms, burying your hands into your face. "I don't know what you're thinking, but you never consider how I feel at all. You always make decisions without even thinking. You're so insensitive." Your voice is slightly shaky as you push this sentence out of your throat.

In all honesty, you do not want to deal with this right now.

First, your 3+ year crush just got stolen away by your roommate (You don't bother to rephrase that at all despite how mean it sounds), Albedo lied and now you're in a supposed relationship with the person you clearly despise.

Rubbing your temples, you lift up your head to meet with Albedo, who was kneeling right infront of you. He holds an odd expression, eyes clearly showing that he's sorry. You freeze for a moment, before looking away quickly. "I know that was a really douchey move of me. I'm sorry." He pushes up his glasses before crossing his legs and sitting on the ground infront of you.

"I know I shouldn't have dragged you into this, but I did it on impulse-"

"That isn't an excuse."

"I know."

You lean your head against the brick gate, letting out a huge sigh again. "I..I'll play along with it. Not because I want to, but because I want to see Kaeya more often. I know I should back off since he has a girlfriend now, but its not easy getting over a 3 year crush. I won't get close to him.. I'll just watch from a distance. Like I always have." You smile, but the smile doesn't exactly reach your eyes.

Albedo frowns at that, however, he still nods his head. "In return, please help me do the same. I know I'm asking too much from you, but we could be each other's emotional support." He fiddles with the edge of his sweater, head dropping down low when he realises that you're clearly upset.

You don't reply to him.

He doesn't do anything either.

Standing up, Albedo gives you his hand, gesturing for you to stand up. And you do. You stand up, eyes slightly tearing up from whatever happened earlier. You got your heart broken and now you're in a fake relationship. Great.

You hold back your tears as much as you can. Albedo notices and takes your hand in his, leading you up to his dorm room.

You find yourself sitting on the warm floor of his bedroom -- all of this feels alittle too familiar -- the times you spent here innocently doing the project while Kaeya and Sucrose were flirting their asses off in the other room; you can't help but feel hurt because you had a chance. But you didn't take it.

Wrapping your hands around the teacup that Albedo given you, your hands are slightly warmer now;

But your heart remains extremely cold.

--------------

authors note (pls read)

FIRST SORRY FOR SHORT CHAPTER AND

WHAT WHAT W H A T WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT 700 READS WHATTTTTTT

PLS IM SO OVERWHELMED RN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 700-800 READS NO WAY IT MEANS THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME EVERYDAY I COME ONTO WATTPAD AND CHECK MY READS AND I GO ABSOLUTELY FERALLL

IM SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING FOR MY QUIZ RN BUT I SAW THAT WE HAVE 700 GOING TO 800 READS RN AND I HAD TO UPDATE IT YALL SEEM TO REALLY LIKE THIS STORY AND THE READS ARE CONSISTENT AS WELL

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE REGULARLY BUT I HAVE A 1 WEEK BREAK NEXT WEEK SO HOPEFULLY I CAN START UPLOADING MORE OFTEN!

HOPE YALL LIKEDTHE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE MAIN PLOT! IM SO EXCITED BC I HAVE SOOO MANY THINGS PLANNED OUT SO SO MANY I EVEN HAVE THE ENDING PLANNED OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAA

PLS CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME! IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER PLS VOTE FOR IT <3

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING STAY WITH ME I LOVE YOU ALL I LOVE YOUUUU ALLLLLLL

HAPPY READING!!

-BEL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 769 27
Xiao has been going through some tough times, until he met his former classmate, Aether. He got comfortable with him pretty quickly, but later on he...
110K 2.2K 20
Albedo once said that relationships are hard to handle. But one day, he somehow found himself interested in his assistant, Sucrose. He tried to refus...
3.3K 96 17
꧁College au , modern au , Kakashi x Rin꧂ ➪Kakashi Hatake was a straight A student all through middle and high school. He was on the volleyball team i...
5.6K 255 24
Anachronistic - (adj) belonging to a period other than that portrayed. After countless struggles of escaping from Inazuma and its' Sakoku Vision Decr...