ATLOP: Trial by Fire

By WardofWinters

Percy was having a normal day at the beach, until he decided to try to waterbend like Katara from his favorit... More

The Boy in the Ocean
The Painted Boy
The Sea Scroll
The Green God
The Awakening
Family of Walls and Secrets
The Ocean
Prince of the Sea
The Crossroads of Destiny
I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-Algebra Teacher
Three Old Ladies Knit Socks of Death
Grover Unexpectedly Loses His Pants
My Mother Teaches Me Bullfighting
I Play Pinochle With A Horse
I (Don't) Become Supreme Lord of the Bathroom
I Capture a Flag
Percy's Lost Days
I Am Offered a Quest
I Ruin a Perfectly Good Bus
We Visit the Garden Gnome Emporium
We Get Advice from a Poodle
I Plunge to my Death
I Become a Known Fugitive
A God Buys Us Cheeseburgers
We Tie the Knot with Spiders
We Have a Heart to Heart
The Lives Lost to Make a Legend
The Hotel of Sandy Moons
Deep Diving with Sharks
Annabeth Does Obedience School
We Find out the Truth, Sort of
I Battle my Jerk Relative
I Settle My Tab
Moms and Step-sisters
Homecomings and Celebrations
Life When All is Well
The Prophecy Comes True
Q&A and Kidnappings

Of the Ocean's Rage

4.7K 178 390
By WardofWinters

I am sick! Woohoo

Anyways, one more chapter after this for this book (it's got Q&A stuff that I did on other sites). Book 2 will be released with the next chapter.

Book two will be called "ATLOP: Lessons in Water".

This chapter was delayed by an extra week due to another "update" comment. Updates are scheduled and barring medical issues like the original delay last week (had an allergic reaction that we still don't know the cause of) I will update on time.

Also, sorry that I leave it on a bit of cliffhanger again, but a much gentler one this time!

On that note, hope you enjoy the chapter!

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on my discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I jerked violently when my conch shell pin blazed.

Persi.

Venom, spreading fast, his heart stuttering.

Avero

I swept up, ignoring my Metu, Mevu, and my papuv jolting at my action.

"Triton?" Rhodos asked. "What are you-"

I ignored her, sweeping to the door. I had to reach Persi, he was dying.

I was nearly out the door when a Poturu rose in front of me, freezing me on the spot.

The pearl shield shimmered out and a small figure fell against me.

I caught him, Persi. He was so small and pale. His eyes were closed and his chest not moving.

My breath hitched.

He looked dead.

No no no.

His breathing was faint, I could feel through the pin that he was alive. He was on the verge of death, but still alive.

He was still there.

Not dead, I could...

He looked like Pallas once did, clutched in my arms as she breathed her last.

No, nononono, not again.

His eyelids fluttered, "Tri-" his voice was so weak.

"I'm here," I whispered. "You're okay," my voice shook. "You- you're going to be okay. I- I've got you."

I swallowed as his eyes fluttered shut.

"Perseus!" Metu cried, by my side in an instant. "Triton, we need to get him to a healer."

I clutched him tighter.

I could heal him.

I was a God and there was little I couldn't heal.

He wouldn't die, not like Pallas.

I threw my power around him, heal, heal Persi. You had to heal. I couldn't- wouldn't allow anything else.

"Soha amraman, please," I whispered.

"Triton," Metu insisted. "Let me take him. We need to get him to a healer, now."

Let him go? How could I- I could heal him. I could do it. There was little that could stop me, very little that I couldn't heal. I could heal him, I could-

There was venom but I could-

My vision was blurry, my breath shaky.

He wasn't healing .

Why wasn't he healing?

Pallas, bleeding in my arms, her pearl core that I'd painstakingly made shattered by Athena's blade.

No. I wouldn't- I couldn't-

My hands shook, no, I could fix this, I could heal him.

A hand landed on my shoulder, "Triton, we don't have much-" Herophile faltered. "Four letters, way to tell passage of existence-"

I just needed them to leave, I was trying to heal him.

"Time," Rhodos said. "Triton we don't have much time."

Didn't they think I knew that? I was trying to heal him!

Metu was in front of me, when did he?

"Triton, he needs a healer. Now."

I clutched Persi, so small and broken. "He-"

Metu gently reached forward, scooping my little brother out of my arms, soho amaraman, my little kraken. Percy, he needed me, right now, Metu couldn't take him away!

I flicked up, Mevu steadying me as Metu swept away. I rushed after him, guards leaping out of the way, Nāmaka of the Hawaiian waters pausing in a side-hallway as she watched us rush past.

It only took a few seconds to reach the royal infirmary, but those seconds were precious.

He was weaker, he needed to be healed, where was the tafahu? What was taking them!?

"Pull yourself together," Benthesikyme hissed to me. "You can't fall apart right now."

I took a breath, then another. Right, I needed to hold it together. Persi needed me.

I stared at his pale form, he looked so weak and broken.

A mer hurried over, murmuring rapidly to herself as she looked Persi over.

I hovered closer, why wasn't the tafahu fixing him now? I could be trying to heal him while this vlua tafahu just looks at him.

What caused this? Who hurt him?

Metu pulled me back, "Let the healer work."

I snarled, not looking away from Persi.

Laying on the bed, so small and weak. His breathing was so faint, the pin told me how much he was weakening.

He was barely breathing, fading quickly.

I swallowed, he had to survive.

He had to.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

"I brought you some tea," Rhodos settled next to me with a taipanu in hand. She offered the sponge drink holder to me.

I took it but didn't drink.

Persi was still laying on the bed.

The healer was mixing more medicine for when he woke up. If he woke up-

No he would. The venom may have been deadly and many might have gone into permanent comas from it but-

But we gave him the antidote.

He'd be okay.

He would.

Pontus, he looked so small, so delicate. He seemed like he could break at any moment.

He almost died, he came so close-

"How's he doing?" Rhodos asked softly.

I swallowed, bringing the taipanu to my lips to suck some of the tea out.

"He'll be okay," I whispered. My hands were shaking still.

"That's good," Rhodos grew serious. "Do we know who did this?"

I shook my head as a flash of rage made my jaw clench. "Only that he somehow came across a Pit Scorpion."

And wasn't that terrifying.

Pit Scorpions were only found in the depths of Tartarus and yet somehow my brother found one. Those things are practically formed of Tartarus' power and poison. They could make even an immortal ill.

The only reason Percy survived to get treatment was his skill with purification magic. It made him resistant enough to survive an extra minute.

He'd be out of it for a few more hours, assuming the antidote took properly.

And it did, it had to.

After that he'd be on best rest for a few days.

We'd have to wait for him to wake up to learn what happened.

We had to wait to learn who summoned the Pit Scorpion.

To learn who I was going to kill.

I fingered the taipanu. He was obviously not safe on land. I wouldn't let him go back.

"Metua sent a Feparu to speak to Dionysus and Khiron," Rhodos said. "And to retrieve Perseus' things."

"Persi," I corrected.

She sighed, "Right, of course."

It was good that Metu sent one of my messengers, I should've done that, but I couldn't leave Persi's side.

He needed me.

He'd stay down here from now on.

He could attend one of the undersea camps instead, there was one here in Atlantis, or well, at the edge of the city.

He'd be safe down here where I could keep an eye on him.

And I'd make sure the one that harmed him could never touch him again.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Percy POV

The world rushed past as my eyes opened, darkness surrounding me.

I was at the pit, whispers surrounding me, but I couldn't see right, couldn't speak, where? What? Did he say something?

More speaking, but I couldn't understand it.

He tried to have me killed, did he, yeah, Luke said, well Luke didn't say that he had me killed but Luke tried to kill me, under his orders...

Where was I again?

Whispers faded, and I felt water curling around me, familiar pressure pressing down.

Hands cupped my cheek, I blinked, Okeanus-ari's face briefly swam in my gaze.

His eyes narrowed, his lips moved.

Why couldn't I hear it right? What did he say?

"What?" I croaked.

I fell away.

Shadows swam around me, a sharp voice spoke in whispers like silk.

I stared at a spiral of winds and clouds, a figure bent beneath it.

I tumbled through the ground, sharp teeth flashing, snarls echoing.

I stared at a girl, Thalia the daughter of Zeus. Her stormy blue eyes locked with mine.

"You have to live," she said, the first thing I could hear clearly. "They need you."

I spun around when the dream twisted and fell apart, staring at a girl with deep brown eyes and brown hair with a silver circlet resting in it.

I knew her presence, how did I know it?

I gasped when a new figure was in front of me, the previous one melting away. Her eyes a spiral of a thousand colors, shifting constantly, along with her features. There was faint worry, before I was falling away again.

Ghosts surrounded me, one in particular standing out, green eyes bright as mine, as Triton's.

"Thank you."

I blinked at the fire blazing in front of me, heat and something old. Someone slumbered.

I finally caught my breath in my cabin, a man standing there. He wore the armband of Triton's Feparuv. He must've been one of my brother's messengers.

Lord D was standing near the curtain that led to the exit area.

"Don't mess up the cabin," he said in a bored tone. "I'm not dealing with my Uncle being angry because you screwed up."

The feparu sent Lord D an annoyed look, "I know how to do my job Dionysus-tane."

Lord D hummed, his gaze shifting around the room as the feparu gathered my things and carefully packed it all up.

Lord D's eyes locked on me. He seemed to be studying me.

Rest.

Everything went black.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I gasped and then groaned when I tried to sit up. My head was pounding and my mouth felt like it'd been microwaved with tinfoil.

I opened my eyes slowly, the room dimly lit with ponisi pearls.

"Soha amaraman," said a voice from beside me.

I blinked, turning my head, Triton. He looked relieved.

"Oh, thank Pontus, I was so worried," he gently brushed my hair back.

"Tri-" I broke into a coughing fit.

"Shh, here, let me," he grabbed a taipanu and brought it to my lips. "Drink some."

I sucked out some of the liquid, it tasted faintly sweet.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Headache," I croaked. "My mouth... yuck."

His lips twitched, "Let me call the tafahu. She was sending for someone to retrieve some posidonia berries, she ran out up here."

His tail flicked, and he was away, speaking to someone at the door.

I tried to lift my arm, but it felt so weak I could barely move it.

Triton took my hand, oh he was back, "Do you know what happened?"

I struggled to pull my thoughts together, they were as jumbled as my dream seemed to be. I could only remember snippets...

I furrowed my brow, I was going to the forest with Luke and... oh... right.

"Luke," I croaked. "He... he was the thief."

Triton frowned, "Who's Luke?"

I licked my lips and started to speak again but Triton raised a hand.

"Have some more ufate pavu," he said, shoving the taipanu with the sweet water to my lips again.

I sucked more of the water out, it soothed my throat.

I swallowed and took a breath.

"Luke... he's the- the head counselor... of the Hermes cabin-" I coughed, Triton gave me more sweetwater. I licked my lips and continued. "He summoned a... pit scorpion. Said he was serving... his Lord."

Triton frowned, "Did he say who his Lord is?"

I tried to think, his Lord was obviously my Metani, Kronos, but... did Luke say that? I couldn't remember.

"I don't remember-" I swallowed hard. "But, I think it was- it was Kronos-tito."

Ugh, talking hurt.

Triton nodded slowly, his eyes gleaming. "Well, I'll send my messengers out, if this Luke gets near water..."

I coughed and nodded, "Right."

"Now then," he took my hand again. "Metua sent one of my Faparuv to retrieve your things, and your room is set up. Once the Tafahu clears you, you'll move into your room. I'll speak with father, I'm not decided on if you'll attend Atlantis Academy or just have private tutors at the palace but-"

I frowned, "Wha-what?"

Triton blinked, "Well, obviously the land isn't safe. You'll be staying here."

I blinked, slowly processing. "Um..." I mean, that would be amazing but... what about my mom? What about the Demeter and Aphrodite cabins? I wanted to still see them... "I-"

"Ah good you're awake," said a mermaid who flicked in. Her armband's blue stones with bronze sea urchins gleaming around them denoted her as a healer. A master one at that. "Now then, let's look you over. How are you feeling Percy-aia?"

"Horrible," I croaked.

She gave me a wry smile, "I'd say you would. Pit scorpion venom is not commonly seen. Thankfully I was working with different antidotes just the other day for a lesson for my apprentice and demonstrated it to him, otherwise... well, let's not go into that."

She pulled out a tube sponge... thingy? It looked like a stethoscope thing doctors use.

"Breathe in, and out," she pressed the end to my chest, listening carefully.

She picked up my hand, the one Triton hadn't been holding, and studied my palm.

"You'll have a scar," she said.

Triton's hand tightened on mine.

"And it will probably be stiff for a few weeks, we'll have some physical therapy for you to regain full use of your hand."

I nodded.

"You'll need to be careful and rest a lot for the next little while. You'll also need your vaccinations," she consulted the kelp paper in her hand. "You never got your scale rot vaccination and that one is very important, plus your coral fever one, there's a new strain that was bad over the last pamuo... Hmm, you'll also need a shrimp pox vaccine... we can't really give you any others, they mix badly when given all at once."

I nodded, I guessed it was like a flu shot?

"We'll have to give them to you later, in a few months. I'll make a list for Poseidon-ore..."

"Oh, and your immune system will be weak for a while due to the pit scorpion venom. You'll need to stay away from anyone sick until you've recovered."

Triton nodded, "I'll take care of that."

"Now then, you need more sleep, don't keep him up Triton-re'aia," she sent Triton a scolding look. "We'll go over your physical therapy and vaccines and other details later."

Triton dipped his head, "Rest, Persi. We'll speak more when you feel better."

I yawned, "Right, I guess I'll just..."

Triton pulled the blanket up over me, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Maiv Pohur," he murmured.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

I had a dreamless sleep that time, waking up some time later.

When I turned my head, it wasn't Triton by my bed, but my Metua.

He had an Iris Message open, Zeus on the other side.

Poseidon noticed me looking at Him and sighed, "Fine, stand by your opinion, brother. When things go wrong, know you had the chance to stop it."

He slashed His hand through the rainbow and turned to me.

I jolted, starting to sit up but Metua waved His hand, His expression softening.

"How are you feeling, Perseus?"

I took a moment to consider. My head was hurting a lot less, and while I still felt weak I thought I could actually move.

"Better?"

Poseidon smiled, "I'm glad. You gave us quite the scare."

"Sorry," I murmured.

He shook His head, "It's alright. Triton told me what you said, about this Luke."

His gaze grew serious, "This isn't good news. I tried to speak to Zeus about the new information but he's insisting that it's simply the boy rebelling and unconnected to our father."

I winced.

"This boy," Metua murmured, His gaze dark. "We will find him, and ensure he pays for his crimes. I don't take kindly to those that harm my children."

I swallowed, remembering the many myths I'd read of Poseidon avenging His kids.

"So, uh," I started, coughing softly.

"Ah, here," he handed me a taipanu like Triton had. "Drink."

I sipped from it, able to hold it with my own hands now.

"Does the camp know?" I asked finally.

"Not yet, we'll send a messenger to give them the news shortly. Right now, our priority is you."

I shifted, "Triton said I was staying in the sea."

Metua studied me, "We would like that. And Triton has even come up with ways that that could be possible."

He paused for a moment, "Will you stay?"

I chewed my lip, staring at the taipanu in my hand.

"I... I would like to go back to land..."

Poseidon raised an eyebrow, not commenting.

"I don't want to leave my mom, or my friends... I would still love to visit," I rushed to assure. "But- but I don't-" I coughed, sucking more sweet water from the taipanu before continuing in a whisper "-I don't want to leave them all behind."

Metua hummed, "I see. Well, that is your choice. We have other arrangements to make then."

I peered up at Him in confusion, "Other arrangements?"

He nodded, "Your tutors for one. I kept you from your proper education to keep you hidden, but there's no point to that anymore. You'll need a tutor for etiquette, laws, history, and all the other subjects you should've been taught. Plus, you'll need training in fighting..."

He frowned, "There are two camps I would go with, I think Atlantis camp would be best, closest to the city..."

"You mean the undersea camps? That work like Camp Half-Blood?"

Metua nodded, "Yes, like that. Perhaps you can come on weekends, maybe during breaks as well..."

"Can I still go to Camp Half-Blood?"

He studied me for a long moment, "During the summer, but not the school year. They don't allow outside tutors, I've had that fight with them before. We will have to do something about its security though."

I relaxed, I was glad, "Okay."

I could go to the school mom planned then, that would work.

Metua hummed, "We'll work out the details later. For now, rest and recover. We have a lot to do before you... go home."

He brushed my hair back, His green eyes studying me intently.

"I'm glad you're alright."

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

It took three days for me to be released by the healer and only then with strict orders to be careful.

She started me on physical therapy for my hand, along with general body physical therapy to make up for my weakened state from the venom and bed rest.

The stretches were hard, and a bit painful, but I could move my hand a bit better after a few days of them.

Triton was with me almost constantly, helping me up when I was finally cleared. He wasn't happy that I was going back on land... we fought about it.

He was... really worried. I was upset that I upset him, but I was glad that he cared so much. I didn't think he was just going to let it go though.

He had some sort of plan.

I blinked as we entered a room, Triton having led me to it from the infirmary.

Wow.

The walls were a deep blue coral, ponisi and manisi pearls scattered across the walls and ceilings.

There was a bed with very soft looking blankets on it, a box and my bag set on it.

There was a desk that held neatly stacked kelp paper, and strips of kelp to braid. The wall had an Aipone attached and a nook in the wall held a handful of Ofivi to use on the board.

One wall was completely sea glass, shimmering a dozen different shades that tinted the water beyond.

"It's enchanted," Triton said. "So that no one can look in, but you can look out."

I nodded, moving over to it, "Wow." It looked out over some undersea gardens, with amazing corals and fish and a variety of undersea plants.

"That's the royal garden," Triton swam next to me. "I'll show you around it later."

"Is this my room?" I asked.

"Yes, is it satisfactory?"

I looked around, noting the dresser and the tables by the bed, the mirror and vanity area against one wall and the seating area in one corner.

"It's amazing!"

He relaxed, "Good. Now, if you get cleaned up then we'll go meet with the rest of the family. We need to talk about how things will work when you're back on land, and... how the announcement about you will go."

I blinked, "Announcement?"

He shook his head, "We'll tell you later."

I nodded as Triton tucked a strand of my hair back. He studied me for a long moment, "Don't take too long. There are tail and hair brushes in the vanity, and fresh clothes in the dresser. You can transform into your mer-form if you'd prefer."

I nodded, "Thank you."

He nodded and swam out, letting the shimmery kelp curtain cover my door once more.

I fingered my bracelet, the sparkly charm shining as it's power washed over me and replaced my legs with two tails.

I slowly stretched, wincing at the stiffness.

First to clean up.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Triton was leading me to where Metua and the other's would be waiting.

I licked my lips, well, this would be... something.

"So you don't know where the one who tried to kill him is?" I heard a voice snap.

"They're nowhere in the ocean, and unfortunately I have very little power on land," said a voice I recognized as Metuano.

"It's a horrendous crime for this to happen, and a great shame for us to not be able to punish the perpetrator," said another unfamiliar voice.

"I could just unleash a storm," chirped another new voice. "That could solve the problem."

"Kym, no."

"We will make this... Luke, pay for what he's done," said a voice firmly. "Your ufanto child is a child of the sea, and we will not allow this insult to go unpunished."

"Well-" the voice cut off as we entered the sitting room.

"Perseus," Metua said, rising. "I'm glad that you could join us."

"Yes," another said cheerfully. "Only about 12 years late. Better late than never!"

"Kym-" Triton started.

"I'm Kymopoleia, your older sister." She swam over, ignoring Triton's glare. "Aren't you so small."

I flushed but straightened and made the proper motion of respect.

"I'm Percy Jackson," I stated. "It's nice to meet you Kymopoleia-ava."

She grinned, "Oh, I like you."

Triton sighed, "You don't need to add the 'ava', she'll just be insufferable about it. We're all family here."

She huffed, "Triton is a spoil sport. Call me Kymopoleia-ava all you want."

"Ignore her," Triton said. "That's Kym, your annoying older sister, Goddess of the stormy seas."

"Triton's just jealous I'm more stylish than him," she insisted.

"Anyways," Triton interrupted. "Over there is Rhodos, she's the Goddess of the island Rhodes." Triton pointed to one of the four mermaids still sitting. She had bright blue hair and green eyes. Her tail was a blend of yellow and a bright turquoise and had pretty flowy side fins. She was studying me curiously, checking me over with a small frown.

Kymopoleia interrupted, "And that's Herophile!" she pointed to a mermaid with bright red hair and deep green eyes who was all but vibrating in her seat. "She's an oracle and has been super excited to meet you!"

"I'm Benthesikymê," one of the other mermaids, who had dark blue skin and deep red hair, said. Her two red tails flicked as she studied me, her gaze sharp. "Goddess of the deep seas. It's nice to meet you at last, Perseus."

"It's nice to meet you too," I said, twisting my hand into the proper motion of respect.

Triton made a motion to the final mermaid, "And this is-"

"This is our Mevu, your Mevu'ta, Amphitrite." Kymopoleia interrupted as she motioned to the final Mermaid, her armbands making Her status as the queen very clear. Her hair was the same shade of blue as Okeanus-ari's and Her tail looked very similar to Tethys-ran's but with greener. Her gaze was cold and unimpressed. "Goddess of the sea, fish, and shellfish! Which I think you already know."

Right, proper respect, I could do proper respect.

"Maie em maiv houp opu, Amphitrite-nai," I said as I folded my pointer and middle finger down, putting my ring finger straight out, and pointing my pinkie and thumb up in the proper motion of respect for a queen.

She studied me, her expression not softening as she replied, "Tie sa'opu."

Metua sighed, "Thank you for the introductions, Triton, Kym."

"You're welcome! Now then, Perseus, great new little brother-"

"Kym-" Triton warned.

"Have you ever wanted to learn how to make storms?"

Metua sighed, "Later Kymopoleia."

She rolled her eyes, "They never let me teach the kids anything fun-"

"Kym," Triton interrupted. "We still have things to cover before Okeanus-ari and Tethys-ran get here."

I jolted, "Okeanus-ari and Tethys-ran are coming?"

Metua winced, "Yes, somehow they found out about your injury. They were already coming for the announcement of you but... they decided to come sooner with the news of your injury."

I nodded, letting Triton guide me to a seat for the talk.

"Hi, I'm Herophile! It's so nice to-" she faltered "-four letters, to encounter for the first time..."

"Meet," Triton offered.

She beamed, "meet you!"

"Herophile is an oracle," Triton said calmly. "She gives her prophecies in the form of word puzzles, but also has trouble in casual talk as well because of it."

"Do you want to go on a- eight letters, trip for relaxation?"

"Vacation," Kymopoleia chirped.

"Herophile, we've talked about this," Amphitrite-nai said.

Herophile pouted.

"Now then," Metua interrupted. "We need to explain how the announcement will go, and the things that will happen after."

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Tethys POV

I swam back and forth impatiently.

Where were they? What's taking so long? The child was hurt, was nearly dead when Okeanus saw him Hioipihaihok.

He really needed to get control of his dream swimming. Doing it in that state could've allowed anyone with any skill to catch his mind and hold it prisoner.

Taereon was sitting calmly on one of the tepatehe.

He seemed completely calm, but I could see the tenseness in how His tails were swishing, the way His expression was slightly too calm.

He was just as anxious as I am, and just as angry about the one who dared to harm Persi.

The boy was just a child!

Not only that, but he was a child born of the sea. To attack him was a grievous crime.

I let out a breath, turning angrily.

I needed to know who's responsible. The second they got near a river or lake I'd make them regret hurting Persi-tou.

I stopped my finning when I felt Poseidon's presence drawing near. His rubbing salt feel growing stronger by the moment.

Poseidon swished into the room with Persi-tou following after him and, oh, how cute. He had tails now and they were very pretty.

He hesitated at the entrance, staring at us wide-eyed.

I swept forward at once, he looked so small and pale.

I ignored Poseidon's stiffening as I cupped Persi's cheek, "Oh, Persi-tou. You look ill, what happened to you? How did you get injured?"

Okeanus drifted up behind me, "How are you feeling Persi?"

"Um," his tail flicked. "I'm okay? Feeling a lot better. And uh, someone from the Camp betrayed us to Kronos-tito... set a pit scorpion on me."

On one hand, that was adorable that he called Kronos 'grandpa Kronos', on the other hand... "A pit scorpion!? Kronos sent that?"

Okeanus pursed his lips, "A grave event indeed."

I took a deep breath and pulled my power in when I noticed Persi-tou's flinch. I could react later when he wasn't around.

"You seem to be recovering," I said calmly. "That's good."

I glanced at Okeanus, who'd locked eyes with Poseidon. His fingers curled around my wrist for a moment, tapping lightly.

Ah, right. They'd want to talk privately. Okeanus could fill me in later, I'd take Percy someplace soothing.

"Have you seen the gardens yet?" I asked gently.

"Um," he glanced at Poseidon, who patted his head with a nod. "I haven't seen them yet..."

"Then we'll see them together. Come, there are some lovely corals here." I took his hand and guided him out.

I'd been to this palace many times.

Every hundred years or so we had dinners, more often in the more recent years due to the pollution worsening. It made it simple to lead the way through the halls towards the gardens.

I wondered if Poseidon would be keeping Persi-tou here to insure his safety after this latest disaster. What would he do during the year? Did land children have schooling?

I turned to Percy, "Do you have plans for the year?"

He licked his lips, "I'll be going to a land school. Metua said that He's arranging tutors and time in the Atlantis camp for my sea education."

I nodded, "How nice."

He'd be in the ocean part of the time at least, "You'll have to visit us when you're in the sea."

"I'll try," he offered a bit nervously.

We swam in silence for a time, reaching the gardens.

"Wow," Percy whispered.

I smiled, "They're lovely, aren't they?"

He nodded, his eyes wide as he looked around in fascination.

"Do you want to see the coral we gifted Poseidon and Amphitrite when they got married?"

"Yes!"

I laughed, guiding Percy over to the lovely spirally blue and green and pink coral. It seemed to sparkle in the light of the manisi pearls.

There was a bench next to it that I settled on, motioning for Percy to sit with me so we could admire the garden and relax.

"It's really pretty," he said.

"Thank you, I made it myself," I smiled down at him, adjusting his necklace a bit. It was made of far too light material for underwater, that was going to get in his face constantly

"Why did you two come?" Percy asked suddenly.

I hummed. He seemed rather confused by our concern for him. Any others in the sea would understand... but he wasn't raised in the sea.

Of course most sea children wouldn't warrant our personal attention, simply one of our investigators, but he was an Aipri.

"I need you to understand, Persi-tou, children are treasured. I understand on land they care for the children, but in the sea... to attack anyone unprovoked is a crime, to attack a child, provoked or unprovoked, is a grievous crime."

He blinked at me in confusion.

I took a breath and forced my anger at the one who dared to harm him aside.

"Children are our future," I explained gently. "We bring the children into the world, and thus it is our responsibility to protect them. You didn't ask to exist, that is on us, and so we must do everything we can to protect the child until they can protect themselves."

"Oh..."

"It is one of the few things all the sea agrees on, children are precious, and none would harm a child... or none with any value as a mer."

He nodded slowly, "I think I understand... but it wasn't someone from the sea that hurt me?"

I shook her head, "That changes nothing. You are of the sea, you are a child, and you were grievously hurt."

It didn't matter who harmed those of the sea, of any water source really. Children were not to be harmed.

I looked down on him with a serious expression, "The sea as a whole will not react well to this. The one who hurt you will feel our wrath. That is a promise."

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Poseidon POV

"It appears you're actually taking care of your son," Okeanus mused. "An improvement."

I bit back the retort I wanted to give, now was not the time.

"The one who attacked him is named Luke Castellan from what I've learned," I said instead. "Unfortunately, he is near no waters I rule over, if he was he'd be dead already."

Okeanus nodded, "Tethys and I will keep an eye out. He will not find sanctuary in any body of water."

I could see the anger in him.

He was just as protective of his children as I was, protective of sea children in general really. Most of the sea wouldn't allow a child to be harmed, the exceptions were rare (though they existed and that was why I hid Perseus so fiercely). Okeanus wouldn't let this 'Luke' get away with his crimes.

"He made a grave mistake in targeting my son. There are few quicker ways to gain my enmity."

Okeanus' lips twitched, but it was a cold expression, "Indeed. In this, you and I are in agreement... I will still be adopting Persi though."

My eye twitched, I'd plan the traitorous half-bloods death later, he was nowhere that I can touch right now. For now...

I stared at Okeanus, "The sea will recognize him at the announcement. You cannot stop it."

He smirked, "We'll see about that won't we?"

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and the book! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to leave a review, they feed my soul.

Persi is being used instead of Percy because in Halmaheran there is no Letter 'C'. So for those in the sea they refer to him as Persi. There is also no letter 'J' so Percy Jackson will become Persi Yakson.

What did you think of the undersea? How screwed do you think Luke is? What do you think the announcement will be like? Are you excited for the loads of stuff starting off the next book?

Halmaheran
Persi=Percy
Avero=Shit
Metu=Dad
Mevu=Mom
Papuv=siblings
Poturu=Peal shield
Soha amraman=(my) little kraken
tafahu=healer
vlua tafahu=dumbass healer
taipanu=sponge cup
Feparu=messenger
Feparuv= messengers
ponisi (pearls)= night pearls
manisi (pearls)= day pearls
ufate pavu= sweet water
pamuo= cold season
Metani=Grandpa
Maiv Pohur= good night
Aipone= a slate board
Ofivi= coral markers (like hard to remove chalk)
Metuano=Father's
Ufanto=bastard
Mevu'ta=step mother
Maie em maiv houp opu, Amphitrite-re'nai= It's an honor to meet you, High Queen Amphitrite.
Tie sa'opu= and you (respectful way of basically saying same)
Hioipihaihok= dream swimming
Taereon= My dearest
Tepatehe= kelp seats

Suffixes
ari= old king
ran= old queen
ore= (current) king
nai= (current) queen
tane= term of respect (masculine)
tito= grandpa
aia= prince
re'aia= crown prince
ava= princess
re'nai=high (current) queen
tou=masc young one

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on my discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.7K 18
𝙗𝙀𝙀𝙠 𝙩𝙬𝙀 𝙀𝙛 π™π˜Όπ™‡π™‡π™€π™‰ π˜Όπ™‰π™‚π™€π™‡ π™¨π™šπ™§π™žπ™šπ™¨.... 𝙇𝙄𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙃 π™‰π™„π™‚π™ƒπ™π˜Όπ™‰π™‚π™€π™‡. 𝘼 π™£π™–π™’π™š π™¬π™π™žπ™¨π™₯π™šπ™§π™šπ™™ π™žπ™£ π™˜π™šπ™‘π™šπ™¨π™©π™žπ™–...
130K 4.7K 44
The Son of the Titan of Time is sent to go to Camp Half-Blood to learn more about the gods and demigods so that the Titans can finally rule over the...
9.2K 7 1
so maybe the world is crumbling, but I'll be standing next to you. the ocean and the traveler. ❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 π’•π’“π’‚π’ˆπ’†π’…π’š.❞ ...
32.5K 733 17
"I would hope he has enough sympathy in his selfish body to not put another child through what I had to grow up with." _ Arya will go down in history...