Belong To The City (August Al...

By BeautyAndTheBrain

Interior Design major Cyntheia Rivera, has been working her whole life to get where she's at. Now at 21 being... More

Chapter 1: Belong To The City
Chapter 2: Business Relations
Chapter 3: Lookin' Out
Chapter 4: Personal Level
Chapter 5: Workin'
Chapter 6: Leave It At Home
Chapter 7: The Policy
Chapter 8: Plans
Chapter 9: We Got a Deal
Chapter 10: Start It Off Right
Chapter 11: Trust and Believe Me
Chapter 12: Payin'
Chapter 13: Not Playin' No Games
Chapter 14: Still Just Business
Chapter 15: Makin' Moves
Chapter 16: No one Else's
Chapter 17: Closer & Closer
Chapter 18: Flashbacks
Chapter 19: I Get It
Chapter 20: I'm Sorry
Chapter 21 (Pt.1): Memory Lane
Chapter 21 (Pt.2): Secrets and Plans
Chapter 22: Done
Chapter 23: All's Fair in Love & War
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Trouble In Paradise Resolution
Chapter 27: Family Ties
Chapter 28: Too Early
Chapter 29: Love Like This
Chapter 30: What's Real
Chapter 31: Gettin' It Together
Chapter 32: Checking It Off
Chapter 33: Put An End To It
Chapter 34: When Its All Said And Done
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 26: Other Half

33.9K 1.3K 207
By BeautyAndTheBrain

                                   Chapter 26

                                   Other Half

-----------------------------------------
Cyn
-Five days later-

Since Aug and I have resolved things everything has been really good. He hasn't been questioning me and no one from the past has been popping up or anything. Media is still slightly on our case about the nonexistent love triangle, but Kyle and Rita have been handling everything pretty well and today I was allowed to go back to Aug's house to finish working on it again. I left so much undone and I really just wanted to get the house finished.

When I pulled up there was another car in the driveway that wasn't one of Aug's, it was a little suspicious and I wanted to know who it was, but soon figured out when 'CBREEZE5' was on the license plate. I laughed at the cheesy idea but went ahead to grab the key from under the brick and unlock the door, pulling all of my supplies in after. Once I closed the door, the house was pretty quiet other than some muffled voices from down the hall that lead to the studio. I pulled all my supplies upstairs and into the master bedroom before leaving and going down to the studio. I knocked twice and waited for someone to answer. After a little bit Chris had came to the door opening it for me.

"Hey C, what you doin' here?" He smiled opening up the door wider for me to step in.

"Came to work on the house. Just wanted to let y'all know I was here." I shrugged.

"Hey baybeh!" August yelled from inside of the booth.

I laughed and waved at him through the glass. I watched as he sat the headphones on the mic stand before walking out and over to me.

"What you doin' hea'?" He questioned after pecking me on the lips.

"Came to work on the house. What are y'all doin' in here?" I asked.

He smiled and pulled me over to the control board letting me sit down in one of the rolling chairs before pressing a few buttons. Soon there was music playing and Aug was singing. It sounded amazing and I found myself swaying to the beat. He cut it off after about a minute and spun me around to face him.

"Thats what I'm workin' on right nah." He smiled.

I returned the smile and pulled his face down to mine to kiss him again.

"I love it. It sounds dope already."

"Thank you ma. So how long you gone be hea' today?" He questioned looking down at me.

"Probably 'til about five. Gotta go to dinner at mama's house."

He nodded pulllin' on his chin hair as I stood up ready to get to work.

"Can I come? A nigga ain't got nothin' ta eat hea'." He frowned.

I laughed at him and nodded as I headed for the door.

"I'll see what I can do!" I yelled over my shoulder before leaving out.

------------------------------------------------

After about three hours of working on the room it was just about complete. I had one important piece I was going to come by and place in the room before surprising August with the new finished master piece. It was important to me and personal for him so I hope he doesn't think I'm over stepping any boundary by getting it made.

"Baybeh!" I heard August sing from somewhere outside the door. It had sounded like he was far away, but getting closer so I assume he's coming up the stairs.

"August!" I sang back while laughing.

I heard him chuckle from outside the door before he nocked.

"You almost done in there?"

"Yup. I'm done. Here I come." I stated, getting off of the ground where I was painting the very bottom of a wall. I walked over to the door and slid out.

August stood there with a hoodie and some sweats on, smiling down at me. He looked kind of tired in the face and I'm sure its from him working so much in these last few days. I wasn't sure as to why he was working so much since he just dropped his album, he should be relaxing after all the work hes had to put into it. He usually was doing a lot of meetings with companies or he's had a photoshoot to do, not to mention he did have to go back to Atlanta for a day to shoot some of the last scenes for his music video. My baby had to be exhausted after all of that, but he steady works on and even comes to entertain me at the end of the day.

"So you almost completely finished wit' the room?" He questioned as he threw an arm around my shoulder and walked with me down the steps.

"Yea I'm actually finished. I just have to go pick up a surprise I got for you to put in the room." I smiled up at him. He looked down at me with a matching smile as we entered the living room.

He sat down on the floor and I climbed behind him onto the couch letting him sit between my legs before snaking my hands down to his shoulders and massaging them. His head flung back as he let out a sigh and let his eyes close. I giggled and kept at it.

"What's been going on with you August? Why have you been working so much? You just released an album baby, you shouldn't be working this much." I stated.

He didn't say anything for a long while so I tapped his shoulder. His eyes opened and he licked his lips chuckling a little bit.

"My bad baybeh. I kinda fell asleep."

I laughed and restated my question before letting him answer.

"Well I was gone tell you this lata, but since you asked, imma be goin' on tour in a month. All these meetin's  have been ta get shit sorted out foe it." He explained , looking up at me. I stopped massaging and just looked down at him.

I knew he'd have to go on tour at some point, but it was just weird to know he would be leaving in a month for a few months. Since I started working for him we've built a strong relationship that I've grown to love. He's been there and let me cry on his shoulder, and he's stood up for me on multiple occasions. We've been with one and other almost everyday and now he would just be away from me for months on end. This separation anxiety I have is really kickin' in in this moment. 

"Huh? You're leaving?" I questioned.

He looked over my face for a few seconds before getting up and sitting right next to me. I was breathing a little heavier and felt like I would cry, but I held it in, not wanting him to think that I was crazy or anything.

"What's wrong? Imma only be gone foe a lil bit baybeh."

"Who long is a little bit August?" I questioned turning towards him. He looked me over again and then let out a deep sigh.

"Three months."

"Three months? August that's a long time!" I panicked.

I learned about my separation anxiety long ago. When you're someone who loses a brother, a son, and your father walks out on you, you get scared of people leaving.That's why when we had chose to move up here I convinced Keyshia to come with. I hate being away from the people I love.

"Its not that long baybeh, i'a be back befoe you know it. Look you got a month wit' me befoe then anyways. So don't even trip." He smiled, pulling my arms around his neck. I laughed a little at his cheesy smile and leaned in giving him a quick peck.

"Okay. I guess I can work with that." I smirked.

"Good an I got a somethin' I wanna ask you 'bout." He smiled even wider.

I got nervous, because when he says stuff like that its usually about my past and these last few days have been so amazing that I didn't want anything to mess that up.

"Okay what is it?" I asked skeptically.

"I want you ta come wit' me down ta NOLA next weekend."

I immediately perked up. He wanted me to come to NOLA with him? That meant I'd be meeting his family. After how they had to see me last time this would be a good time to redeem myself and show that, that is not how I usually am.

"Does that mean I'm meeting the family?"

"Yup, you get ta meet my fam." He chuckled.

"Okay. What's happening then though? That's kind of a random time to fly out there."

He looked off else where for a while and bit down on his lip before looking back towards me. His eyes were slightly glossy and I immediately got worried.

"Uhm, its the anniversary of Mel's death. I jus' like ta be wit' that family at at time, you know? Jus' be there foe one an otha." He explained. I nodded letting realization hit.

I had actually forgot about that. I'm sure that was another factor into why he was throwing his self into his work so heavily. I get how important it is to be with people at times like this. There had been one anniversary that I had spent by myself, it was Shane's third death anniversary and I thought I needed to be alone, but that was not the case at all. I had lost my mind to the point of almost killing myself. That night I had just made up every reason as to why his death was my fault and started to feel like if he wasn't here then I shouldn't be either. So I get why August and his family want to be with one and other at that time and I would love to be apart of that and just be there for him.

"Oh right. Then of course I'll be there." I smiled at him.

He took in a deep gulp and then looked back over towards me.

"Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------
August

We had just pulled up to Ms.Carters house and was walkin' ta the front doe. Cyn pulled her key out an unlocked the doe, walkin' in. I followed behind her not even botherin' ta try not ta look at her ass on the way ta kitchen. Girl was blessed in all thr right places.

"Hey mama!" Cyn smiled. Ms.Carter turned around from the stove ta face the both of us.

"Hey baby. Hey August." She smiled.

I walked ova ta her an pulled her inta a hug that she gave back. When I pulled away she kissed ma cheek throwin' a nigga off a lil bit, but I ended up smilin'. Clearly Ms.Carter was warmin' up ta nigga. Me an Cyn sat down at the lil kitchen table. C ended up sittin' on my lap an Ms.Carter raised an eyebrow at that befoe turnin' back ta the stove.

"Where Lamont?" Cyn questioned.

"Not on a side walk, that's for sure. Ass stay in the streets." She muttered. Me an Cyn cracked up at that while Ms.Carter turned stove off an went ta the cabinet ta pull out some plates.

She set all the plates on the counta an started puttin' food on 'em. It was some macaroni, baked chicken an greens. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

"What y'all been doin' all day?" She asked befoe placin' our plates in front of us. Cyn got up and scooted ova ta the chair next ta me.

"I worked on the house and Aug was working on a new song." C explained smilin'.

I looked ova at her an watched as she continued ta speak wit' her mama. She's so damn beautiful. Not gone lie a nigga was a lil down 'bout havin' ta leave her while I go on tour. We got such a close relationship an its like she becomin' my partna in crime, my otha half or some shit like that. She stay down foe me no matta what an I fuck wit' her heavy foe that an 'cause she is down foe a nigga, that make us moe closa then anythang. I ion't wanna be gone from her that damn long, but hopefully havin' this lil mini vacation wit' her will hol' me ova foe a while.

"Come on boy. Bow yo head." Ms.Carter stated afta smackin' me upside da head. I winced but went a head an grabbed her Cyn's hand.

Ms.Carter lead a quick praya, and then we all started diggin' in. Ion't know what her an her daughta be doin' ta they food, but shit really be slappin'. A thanksgivin' wit' them an mama workin' in the kitchen would be fye as shit!

"So baby," Ms.Carter started, lookin' up from her plate ova ta Cyn.

"Yea mama?"

"You know how I've been dating someone?" Her mama smiled.

Cyn nodded an swallowed her food befoe answerin'.

"Yea. You have yet to tell me who he is."

"Well thats what I wanted to talk to you about. I want to finally tell you who I've been seeing, because they actually want to see you."

Cyn's eyebrows came togetha in confusion an so did mine. What old muhfucka wanted ta meet her?

"Who is it?" She asked skeptically. Ms.Carter swallowed her food an folded her han's togetha lookin ova at Cyn.

"Its your father."

--------------------------------------------------

Excuse any mistakes, didn't get the chance to edit and I don't know how long this is because I'm on mobile and it won't show me so I apologize if its shorter than usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 182 27
Anna finally escapes her tormented past and has hope for her future, but as lies spiral on and life becomes a reality she realises that everything is...
42.2K 703 100
This story takes place after the events of the second movie of Hotel Transylvania. Johnny/Batman was now facing more villains than ever and the hunte...
232K 1.3K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
61.4K 1.5K 28
"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive." - Josephine Hart We survived Peter and the Kanima. Nothing is going to stop us from doi...