Summoning The Sovereign Order...

بواسطة AeroMarshal

(Nihonkoku Shoukan and Custom Stellaris Empire) Available on RoyalRoad.com A convoy is escorted by an armada... المزيد

The Expedition
Inception
Close Contact with Primitives
Diplomatic Envoy
The Air Show
Tensions Between Primitives
Louria Strikes!
The Great Rodenius Sea Battle
The Qua-Toyne Mandate

Revere Activity-(Takamagahara)

1.6K 28 20
بواسطة AeroMarshal

Panzer Marshal: The story will start to deviate from here

Chapter 10: Revere Activity 1

Gahara Thearchy-Takamagahara
452 Sols since departure/
February 23, 2489

A Revere Task Force of 1 Archbishop, 4 Bishops and 20 Deacons volunteered in establishing diplomatic relations with the Gahara Thearchy. They were transported by drop pods from the FSS Heavy Cruiser Bellatrix.

The task force dubbed as Spectre, will bypass the terrain and meet with a Gaharan informant that will lead them into the heart of Takamagahara. Operation Dragon's Breath will commence on 0300 and the backup teams will arrive in 1100.

"Gather up squad, it is almost time for our mission to set in motion."

Spectre huddles together and the Commander activates a holographic display.

"We'll split our force into three. One will cover the rear, the other will scout and clear the path we will take, finally my group shall undertake the tedious objectives to reach the Gaharan Palace and make contact with Minakanushi, their divine king."

"A traditional diplomatic approach might attract the attention of nearby nations and a local superpower which will be consequential in our future missions."

"We'll have to blend in for a few months. Do not make any mistakes."

"Remember to stay in the darkness. Any non-combatants and guards that may jeopardize this mission will be subdued with AS-7 Stun Guns or use mind attacks."

"The Gahara Thearchy is the perfect place to start our hold outside the Rodenius Continent and will be our hub of future operations in the Philades."

"Once we gain their leadership's trust, relay Signal Vanaheim to the Directorate and High Command to initialize construction of an outpost and begin our first steps into this region."

"Our informant is a blonde male in his late thirties and wears a red tunic. Intel says he is one of our first spies in this region. We'll meet him over here, by the castle gate. He managed to gain the role for gate guardian so he is our ticket in there." Animus points at her holographic map.

"He will give us info about the hierarchy of their military and monarchy, then he'll guide us to the castle to have diplomatic talks with the Gaharan monarch."

"Watch out for bandits and the hostile wildlife. Any passersby will be stunned too. There will be no witnesses, got that?"

"This will be the beginning of a secretive alliance."

"If hell lets loose, Rally Point Foxtrot will be our emergency extraction zone where FSS Ladoga will pick us up."

"And one more thing... don't forget to only talk in telepathy get it?!"

"Any questions?.... No?...then lets go!"

"Yes ma'am!!"

The task force of 25 men and women split up into 3 sections and moved steadily towards the Gaharan capital to avoid any suspicion from the local population.

A single Deacon has the mana or psion capacity similar to that of experienced magic users this natives call who are well known for their mythical like magical spells. The Archbishop which is almost at top of the Revere hierarchy and can possess Psion powers that can decimate whole advanced armies and has the ability to charge a Psi Jump Drive which is kept as top secret from the public.

Even the average Psi Trooper Zealots can cause havoc among the enemy by creating super hot plasma bolts of deadly energy that will obliterate a whole platoon in one shot if tightly packed to each other. The Revere are under command of the Psi Overlord and swore an oath to the Sovereign Order and the Terran United Federation. Their sole purpose is to cause devastation on the frontlines and behind it. Spying is one of their specialties while counter-insurgency is a secondary objective that is usually handled by the RRDF.

REVERE military/operative patch

×××××××××××

Archbishop Animus leads her group of 2 Bishops and 6 Deacons into the forest of Seinaru Mori where thousands of souls and spirits can be felt by the group, causing some uneasiness.

"Shh...you here that?"

"I don't think we're alone out here."

"Keep your eyes clear. Something might be stalking us."

The other 2 groups trek through the marshes and hills to cover the flanks of the main force.

As they proceed to advance straight to Takamagahara, a dark scaled dragon watches them quietly nearby the mountains. He observes them cautiously on why they're here for. Their origin and intentions unknown, he thinks of a plan on how to handle this strange humans.

"Hehhhhrr sshomething dissturbss my slumber *heavy breathing*...this humanss.....I ssense their magic capabilitiesss to be....quite alarming yet impressive."

"Even the ancestorsss of this world don't even have the amount power of ssuch a kind..."

"I mussst not underestimate and keep an eye on this humanss for now..."

"What shall we do master?" a greyish dragon asks with concern

"Hmmpph...they bare no swordss and bowsss...how fascinating....magical ussers it seemsss...."

"Peh...lowly humans should be squashed!" a red dragon spats angrily

"Now, now, we should keep an eye on this humansss before we do sssomething rasssshh."

"But master, this humans are more dangerous than what we usually encounter. They aren't the same as those dragon taming scum..."the grey dragon pleaded

"I told you long enough, the beaconss are ssacred and must be protected. Our sSoul purposesss isS to Ssserve the empire."the black dragon states with a serious tone

"This humans must be vanquished, Boran, follow me. We'll handle them by ourselves." the angered red dragon orders the grey one.

"How ludicrous Akuno. Our purpose is to guard the beacons of the ancient sorcerers. I beg you, don't do this."

"You're full of it. We're leaving by dawn"

"Then so be it. What happens to you will not matter to me. My allegiance is to the empire not to you."

The two dragons soar to the sky in hunting down the small force of humans.

The dark dragon resumes its observations

✩●✩●✩●✩●✩

Spectre Main Group

"......come on, come on....got it!. Spectre to Banshee and Husk Squad. This is Warlock. Gaharan Capital in sight, do you copy."

"Copy, position confirmed. Husk squad setting up extraction beacons." Cyan-1 replied

"This is Banshee Squad, your path is clear of any hostiles. More enemies inbound, proceed with caution." Magenta-1 responded

Hummmmm* Bzzzzzt bzzzzt* PING*

"LZ established..... nice job Husk squad. Proceed to capture the old abandoned tower. Phase 1 is complete, commence Phase 2."

2 hours passed

"Move, move, move...Husk-5 stun that guard over there. The ruined tower is almost within our reach."

"Will do, using stun gun...firing"
Husk-5 grabs the non-lethal weapon from his belt and carefully sneaks up by the guard

"YAWN*... I hate night shift, maybe dragon taming wasn't a bad idea after a-"

TSSSSSKK KSSSSSST

The guard is electrocuted with a large voltage of electricity and falls down on the cobblestone road unconscious.

Husk-3 and Husk-4 hurriedly hides the stunned guard inside a shack not that far from the objective. They lock the wooden door with a plank and made haste to regroup.

"Target has been pacified. Resume advance to main objective, I repeat, Resume advance to objective."

"On it Warlock, heading for the tower."

"Aye,aye ma'am"

In another place...

The squad of nine operatives designated as Indigo, sneaks pass the guards and dashes to the capital walls.

Some of the local maids and inhabitants wandering about were able to spot them. They were quickly taken down with stun guns and mind attacks.

"Warlock to Indigo, deploy grappling hooks"

"Grapple out!"

"Hooks on loose!!"

PHOSSH(hooks launched) CLANK(hooks successfully attached) ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP PZZT*

"Leave the hooks, we'll use it to escape immediately after the mission is complete."

"Affirmative ma'am, disengage locks."

Indigo Squad takes of the cables and hooks attached to their belts and creeps into the interior walls.

"This is where our Cloaking Devices will be useful. Take into consideration that this consume a lot of energy and will last for 30 minutes. So now is the time to activate it."

All nine activate the cloak tech at the same time and vanishes into the darkness.

"Cloak Activated."

"Ghost mode confirmed."

"Ahem...Banshee Squad, what's your current status?,over"

Static....et down!!..Static

"Damnit, answer."

"Dark Entity inbound!!-BANG"

"Shit I lost connection. Come on, lets finish this."

"But what about Banshee?"
Indigo-2 asked baffled on why leaving their own men against a hostile, especially one that of a dark entity.

"That's why we have Husk Squad setting up the Psion Proton launcher on top of that tower. Once they spot that thing a kilometer from there, it's good as dead do you hear me?"

"Of course ma'am, nothing can survive the REVERE!"

"For the Shroud!!" they cheer in telepathy

Meanwhile at Banshee Squad's position

"Get down!!"

"What is that thing?!!"

"Banshee-7 hold the barriers!"

"I can't keep up the barriers, sustaining too much energy damage!!"

"Banshee-3 pick up that Gatling Laser!"

"Incoming D-type entities!!"

(D-type = Goblins)

"Running dry on ammo over here!"

"Throwing grenade, eat this!!"

"Popping some smoke."

"Light em up squad, we maybe surrounded but we can fire at all directions now...fire!!"

"Got a visual on the dark entity"

"It's bypassing us!"

"The entity is heading towards the capital, somebody get that communicator working and warn Warlock!!"

"Gettin it done, does someone have a welding tool?!"

"Over here...catch!"

"Oompf, got it..."

BANG BANG PEW PEW PEW

"Look out!!"

A winged entity similar to the dark one earlier except with red-ish scales crashes into the carnage. It gives a large roar and emits a fireball in its mouth.

"Shoot that abomination!"

"Aye sir, for the ORDER!!"

The red entity screams in anger as it absorbs the ballistic and energy damage.

"Raaaargh...you little vermin!" the entity roars

"The heck, it can talk?"

"Concentrate fire on the red entity!!"

"Drying ammo fast!"

"Banshee-7 get down, 12 D-type targets 6 o'clock."

"Its soaking up all our attacks, mind attacks are ineffective."

"Psion Reserves are low!"

"Launching fusion rocket! Backfire!"

KAAAPUUUUUSSSSSH BOOOM

A large blue explosion erupts around the red entity's legs. The legs are blown off, yet again it roars. It loses balance and falls to the ground incapacitated.

"Hostile neutralised"

"Hell yeah its down!!"

"Hail!"

"HAIL!!"the squad applauded

At Husk Squads position

"Cyka! The Psion Proton Launcher isn't working."

"Get that cannon working or it's goodbye to our asses to the logistics unit."

"Warlock come in, I repeat, Warlock come in...we have lost contact with Banshee Squad and our Psi Proton Launcher is malfunctioning."

"W- can't...tand-ou...ssshh"

"ar-ock has o-red to continue th-ission..."

CONNECTION LOST

"Darn, we can't reach them too. We should stay alert." Husk-1 attempts to use the communicator

"Something bad is happening, I can feel it." Husk-3 whispers while tightening his grip on a plasma carbine

"What about our reinforcements huh?, what happened to them?!" Husk-4 nervously asks, being filled with dread

"Don't panic, they'll arrive at 1100 hours. Don't forget that we have to defend this tower as an escape corridor for Indigo at all costs. Anything serious happens to us will lead to failure. The REVERE never disappoints!" Husk-1 reassures the squad

"Hail!!" the squad cheers telepathically

"Ahah! Russian ingenuity wins again!, the Psi Proton launcher is nominal." Husk-5 shouted in joy after hitting the portable cannon with a hammer.

"That is how we do it in the motherland, oorah." Husk-2 praises his fellow comrade

"I'm picking up something on my sensors. A Beta-Class dark entity is inbound. We should prepare the psi cannon quickly."Husk-1 says worriedly and points at Husk-3 to set up some barriers.

"Ahh finally some action eh."

"Alrighty lads, initiate psi protocols. Lets power up the cannon."

The five of the 8-man squad grab their individual crystals while placing both index and middle fingers of the left hand to the side of their foreheads. They concentrate on increasing the maximum power of the cannon to add more possible damage against the target.

A single shot from a proton launcher is equivalent to 1-kiloton of tnt. The beam of powerful energy is encased inside a plasma field to prevent it from dissipating and once it hits the target, the plasma will act as containment for the dense pack of protons and to minimise the scale of the explosion from a diameter of 2km to 25m.

The additional psi boost will intensify the damage ten fold from 1 kiloton to 15 kilotons in an enclosed barrier of plasma and psion. The blast radius is diminished from 25m to 15m.

Husk-5 activates the targeting computer and aims it at the target 3km away. A quick decision must be made in the next 45 seconds before the dark entity approaches.

2500 meters....

2000 meters.....

1500 meters......

TARGET LOCKED

The cannon makes its last adjustments and eventually.......

✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩

JAM

"BLYAT"

WHAM WHAM

POWERING UP

"There comrade, hammer always fixes anything...now fire!" Husk-5 bellows out

VUMMMMM KAAPEEEEW!!

FOOOOOOOOOSH

BOOM

"Target hit!" Husk-2 reports while looking at the sensors

"Well done squad, tag it for extraction. I'm sure the Science Division will have a field day." Husk-1 proudly says and gives them a thumbs up

"Multiple bogeys inbound sir!"

"sigh*... that explosion must've caught the locals attention. Alright squad, prepare your stun guns. This might get a little dirty."

Back at Indigo Squad's position

"Cloaking device is powering down. Initiate First Contact Protocols, this might get messy." Warlock commands

"Oui, with all this commotion, the city is all awake I presume so lets just make a good first impression."Indigo-2 replies

Indigo Squad carried on the mission and arrived at the inner gates. It only took roughly 20 minutes to make it there without any interferences. The other two squads managed to reestablish contact and reported two large entities were eliminated. They remove helmets to reveal green faces and veteran scars.

As expected, the spy who accomplished in blending into their society a month ago took position as gate guardian. He gives a smirk after receiving the signal by flashing morse codes via laser pointers.

Another guard walking by notices the blinking lights and tries to unsheate his sword "Hey, over there. Those lights over by the cottage" the perplexed guard mentions. "We should inspect it" a different guard follows

They're abruptly stopped by the spy who just plays with it "Whaddya doing there fellas" he asks them in a weird accent.

"Oh-ho ah gate guardian....we found something suspicious by that cottage." he points at the 2-story structure. "Flashing lights I think"

"Hmmm...nah nothing shady about that house though" he replied with a nervous face

A few wyverns fly overhead them toward the direction of the chaos Husk and Banshee created. Some guards didn't simply care that much. Others fell asleep and several are too drunk for duty.

"Umm, have you heard of the high elves?" he anxiously improvised a question to distract the half a dozen guards from compromising the squad's position.

" You mean the legendary elven you say huh. Finally some exciting discussion."

"Ah oh yes, the mighty high elves. Let us have a short conversation about them."

"You're a weird guy Martin but I'm fine with it. Gives ya a personality in this god forsaken city."

(All experienced spies were sent to either Mu and Parpaldia or to other planets)

They continue their mumbling till morning, 300 minutes after the operation began.

Indigo Squad already swapped outfits to resemble that of the native attire.

"Alright boys....let's do this"

To be continued.....

○●○●○●○●○●○

Note: Sorry for not updating in 2 months. I recently just finished school and took a long rest. Writing for me is still new and I have a belgian malinois dog to nurture.

Chapter 11 is now at 2000 words. I only need to double check for any errors. Expect it to be released within a week.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

39.3K 2.5K 86
"Unacceptable. If there's one thing that a conveniently appearing overpowered entity in this world has shown us, is that we natives are seen as weak...
276 31 9
An ambitious project undertaken purely for the love of Star Wars, this story is a re-imagining of episode 1 (The Phantom Menace). It involves new cha...
5.3K 215 16
The 2040s, a fresh scent of war is filling the air. The Republika ng Pilipinas finds itself in a precarious position amid rising geopolitical tension...
2.9K 134 12
It's the year 1977, After the First Oil Crisis, and the US Oil Market is still recovering. Suddenly, The Contiguous US got transferred to the complet...