(Hiatus) Loving through Time

By moodyrara

~ On Indefinite Hiatus More

A/N
CHAPTER 1 - Anika 2.0
CHAPTER 2 - Watch where you walk!
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4 - A sweet delicacy
CHAPTER 5 - Dark stranger
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7 - The new guy
CHAPTER 8 - One step closer to the truth
Chapter 10 - The flight of daydreams and nightmares
Chapter 11. The party awaits.
Chapter 12 - The dance
Chapter 13 - Dance, Wine & a punch
Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika
Chapter 15 - Two adorable Owls
Chapter 16 - Homecoming
Chapter 17 - An annoying mystery
Chapter 18 - The B Word
CHAPTER 19 Our Secret
CHAPTER 20 A key to the past

CHAPTER - 9 I'm sorry okay, I overslept!

194 30 1
By moodyrara

Shivay's car stopped just before the grand mansion. He checked his watch once again, waiting for Annika to walk out the door any moment.

It was 4.00 am, yet there was no sign of her. He decided to wait for a minute more and then check for himself. The seconds ahead passed slower than he anticipated.

He looked at his watch again. The airport was forty-five minutes, without the day traffic, it would be reduced to half an hour at best.

But Annika was nowhere near out of the house. The flight was at eight. But being an international flight, they had to be there at least three hours prior.

His phone glinted with a notification as he stepped out of his car. A message from Annika. Weird, he realized. She had never messaged him until now.

It read, "Shivay, an important deal at the office today. I can't accompany you. I'll join you in a day or later, go forward without me. I'd let you know what to do next."

He took a careful step towards the mansion, placing the phone in his back pocket. Shivay noticed the gates were locked from within. To his utter shock, none of the guards were stationed either. He looked at the closed door one last time before calculating his next move.

***

"Thank you Rudy yaar," Shivay said, climbing up the window frame, "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Same. I don't know what you would do without me either," he chuckled as Shivay smacked his shoulder.

"Where is she?"

"Sleeping," Rudy said with incredible calmness.

"What? She's sleeping?" he glanced back to his phone as if understanding. It wasn't her that sent that message. At that moment, he knew exactly who had sent that message. Alarmed, Shivay and Rudra rushed to her room.

"Annika-" Staring at her sleeping form, he let out a breath.

"Why is she not ready?" Shivay asked Rudra.

"Ready for what?"

"Rudy! Idiot, we have a flight to Romania at eight! Didn't she tell you-"

"I came in late last night. Party," he scratched his hair.

"Rudy yaar, why do you think I'm here at four in the morning?" Shivay snapped, "Now go, wake her up."

Rudy was swiftly on her side, calling out her name aloud, then tapping her shoulder. But she didn't so much as move. Shivay grew impatient by the second.

"Annika, wake up!" Shivay almost screamed as Rudy closed the door to the room.

But Annika didn't stir. He went utterly pale as he checked her breath.

Breathing. She was breathing. His fisted hand loosened.

He grabbed a tiny water bottle from the nightstand and without a thought, emptied it on her.

Her eyes flickered open as the water trickled and poured down at once, from her face to her grey shirt to her furry blanket.

She sat up, noticing Shivay holding the bottle over her face. Shivay saw her jaw tighten so hard, he worried if it would break.

"Shivay! What the hell-" She stared down. She got up to her feet, still wet and dazed, "You're-You're fired."

"No."

"Excuse me. I'm the boss here," She looked right into his stark eyes.

"You need to get up right now before your dad sees you and your very packed suitcase. You can fire me later."

"How did you-"

"I have been trying to call you. But you're sleeping here. I just know," he stared.

"I'm sorry okay, I overslept! Dad, he didn't want-" but she stopped speaking, "Where's my phone?"

Rudy still stood in the shadows, waiting. Annika searched the room, but couldn't find it. Rudy still stood in the shadows, waiting for any orders from the both of them. Annika finally stopped searching for her phone and turned to Shivay.

"I- I'm sorry," she said, finding the ground very interesting.
"Two times in a day, no wonder the Sun hasn't risen yet," he teased, Rudy couldn't stop smiling. She raised her left eyebrow in response that silenced them.

She pointed to the empty water bottle, "You shouldn't have-"

"Ask Rudy, he almost hit you and you didn't move an inch, such a heavy sleeper," the last part was so low, almost a whisper.

"Okay. That's enough of a professional courtesy. Wait out, I'll be there in five minutes."

But Rudy started," If dad finds him here at this hour, he would know that you're cooking some khichdi up here, Annika didi."

Annika eyed Shivay as she said, "Let him wait here then."

Rudy coughed on his laugh, "What?"

"Ya, I'll change in the bath. Rudy, guard the door if dad passes by, and keep an eye on things," she shifted her eyes to Shivay.

Rudra nodded, slipping out slowly, trying not to smile.

Shivay just stared at Annika as she hurried. He was immensely calm for someone who was rushing a few seconds back.

Annika waved her hand, "What?"

"Nothing. Waiting for you," he shifted awkwardly in his seat, staring at things that aren't Annika.

"I'll be back soon," she murmured, closing the bathroom door.

Shivay stared at the door, long after she was gone, "I know."

***
Annika's

I still couldn't find my phone. But it was 4.55. So I decided to leave, with or without it. Rudy would tell dad I left for the office early. So he wouldn't search for me, at least not until I landed in Romania.

I made sure to roll the suitcase lightly, in case it wakes anyone. Gently pulling the suitcase from my hold, Shivay walked ahead to his car.

I tried to be annoyed but. . . I was still. . . . so tired. My knees wobbled, as I slowly walked further.

An emerald green Rolls Royce dawn- paced forward. A lopsided smile appeared on my face, as he smirked at the glass before him.

I opened the door, sliding in, "Not. . .bad,"

That was the only thing I said to him throughout the car ride. As I closed my eyes, I could hear him smirk.

***

A honk awakened me from my smooth sleep. It was Shivay.

We'd reached. The sky was dark red, indicating the start of morning.

I straightened in my seat, "Someday, I will run a knife across your throat and while others would try to guess the reason, it will be for ruining my sleep, Shivay."

"The honk- was an attempt at not emptying another bottle of water over her beautiful face," I scowled at him.

"How do you own such a. . . .hmm. . ," I flustered, trying to find the right word, not to offend.

Why did I care about offending him?

"Such an expensive car?" He pushed the door open, taking my suitcase out, "It's my dad's."

"So you still live with your parents?" I almost smiled.

"No," his smile turned almost sinister as he said, "But don't you?"

My mouth dropped as I walked out. In the advancing light, I finally notice what he wore. A soft pink jacket over a sky blue shirt with navy blue trousers beneath. Clean-cut black shoes, washed hair, and black sunglasses- Show off.

"I want to punch you so bad. But with that pink suit. You're halfway killing yourself," I said, snatching my suitcase from him.

He followed me, his own suitcase in his grasp, "What's wrong with pink? I thought girls love pink."

I closed my eyes, suppressing a laugh at the stereotype, as we stepped inside the airport. The doors were far, I checked my watch once- 5.40 am. I walked faster.

"They mostly do, but on you- it looks ridiculous."

He just shrugged. His eyes traveled over my dress, widening the next moment, "That dress isn't doing you any favors."

I stared at my attire for a second longer. A maroon tunic over ankle-length jeans. I chose to keep it lighter, the flight being almost eleven hours, "I like it casual."

"No, really," he casually pulled at a loose thread on the left side of my tunic. That was when it ripped looser.

***

Shivay and I stared at each other, his lips turning inward. I wasted the next five minutes or so, judging the cut- the loose threads, locating it exactly.

The rip was a smooth cut. Almost nothing, but as I shifted, the thread ripped further. I  held it tight, eyes searching for the washroom. Seeing me panic, Shivay came to my side. He removed his jacket instantly, offering it to me.

I just stared at him, before I took it.

*

"It's all your fault," I swore, wearing his pink jacket.

"We are too late, Annika. Please grill me later. Plus, It suits you," he mumbled.

"What did you say?" my teeth almost chattered.

"It suits you," it swiftly left his mouth, like nothing. Like he complimented every girl like that.

"Whatever," I pushed. We were at the gates, after everything. It was unsurprisingly 6 am.

The policemen at the gates checked our passports and visa documents, "You're an hour late, ma'am."

"I am very sorry, Sir," I spoke respectfully, "My assistant and I are traveling for a business event. If you could check-"

"Ma'am, it's an international flight, you had to reach an hour earlier."

"I know sir. But this guy-" I said pointing to Shivay, unapologetically.

"Hey- don't lie to an officer of the law."

I turned to see Shivay's incredulous face. He smiled, springing ahead, "Sir, the truth is - she overslept."

My jaw dropped so low, people gawked at the two of us, but I continued, "Wha- He tore my dress!"

"Oh get over it, you have enough money to buy a million more," he said, glancing at his watch.

"But that tunic was one of my favorites and, you tore it, Shivay!"

"Excuse me, there are children here," the policemen spoke. We both stared at him before Shivay broke in a laugh.

"It's nothing like tha-" I flushed, annoyed," I'm not-" but words couldn't find me.

Before I could speak the sentence that gathered in my mind- with much effort, the policemen stamped our documents, "The airlines you're traveling with is very punctual, doesn't make bargains. So run,"

And we did. Despite my argument with him, Shivay matched my pace.

The flight attendants were kind. We received our tickets, forgetting all the bickering for a moment. I realized The Gupta's had booked business class.

But because we were late, our seats weren't next to each other. Good, we both stared at each other in relief.

"Eleven hours, we both might have stabbed each other," I said.

He laughed, "How do you plan on lasting a week in Romania?"

"Alcohol," I whispered. I never saw him laugh so freely.

***

The doors finally opened as we both walked side by side. I wiped the tire off my eyes, while Shivay stifled a yawn.

"So what do you plan on doing for the next eleven hours?" He questioned lazily.

"An eleven-hour hibernation," I grinned, lifting my shoulders for the last time today, "Possibly drown in a coma."

He stopped smiling. Something tightened in my heart as I realized why.

He knew my history. He knew about the accident. He knew what had happened to me.

But, he was silent, and serious. Not the usual snark. No stupid comment about it.

"I am allowed to joke about it you know," I tried to smirk, failing miserably.

"Yeah, I know," he gave me a sad smile," I wish I could take that away Annika."

"I don't want-" your pity, your sympathy.

"I know," he said before I could finish. He eyed the line ahead, that moved too slowly, forcing us to talk, "The car- I wanted to drive today because-"

"Because?" I asked, despite knowing the answer.

Not to trigger you. Not to make you relive through it. My therapist had told me something similar, months back.

He paused, lines drawn across his forehead. Something flashed in his eyes, if I didn't know better, I'd call it concern.

But before he could say anything more, the line ended. Kara, an air hostess greeted us with an evergreen smile.

I sighed, lightening up to the environment.

We didn't speak again.

That was alright, both of us were very tired. Conversation could wait.

Of course, people knew about the accident. But no one cared like that.

Yesterday when he asked to drive, I thought he was- hiding something or maybe just arrogant as usual.

I settled in my seat, keeping my handbag above. I didn't turn to look at Shivay. I just stretched in my seat and closed my eyes. The last few minutes playing in my head, as I closed all the buttons on the jacket I wore. His jacket.

He didn't even know me then. But his face drained, like- like he was there.

I wondered what he was going to say. . . but slid over the furry sleeping mask, trying not to think about it. I felt so tired that I'd probably sleep through all the eleven hours.

*

Words: 2163!

It's been what? A month since I starting writing this and get this it has just been three- or four days in the story. I survived another week of not going on hiatus with this book.

These are more like episodes than chapters to be honest. To be honest, I planned a lot more disaster in this chapter, but I felt so bad I don't know. My heart softened for some reason. I have no idea how writers kill their characters.

Anyway, until next week! Adios. Take care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 638 18
They both were the king's daughters. One doesn't want to be like her mother, the other doesn't want to be like her father. Despite wanting two differ...
88.1K 5.8K 45
Guys I am not good at descriptions 😜😜 So just peep inside
202K 10.1K 69
Started: July 26, 2018 Ended: April 16, 2021 Status: Completed Editing: In process Description: This is a story of shivika after the 3 month leap...
10.6K 465 20
A love story full of suspense and mysterious peep in to know more