He Changed || KookV ✅

By hippy_hoppy

[Completed] "Come in." Taehyung walked inside the vacant office. The aesthetic interior caught his attention... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34 (epilogue)
Author

15

31.4K 1.5K 573
By hippy_hoppy

Third Person POV:

"I told you to be careful, didn't I?" A sudden drop in his velvety voice was enough to send shivers down Taehyung's spine. It was so sudden that the latter's mind went complete blank for a good second. Nonethless he came back to reality as the pain started seeping in. 

The cut wasn't that deep at all, but it stung despite everything.The raven head took Taehyung's hands in his and inspected it intently.

Turning his hand around a few times to take a good look, all whilst Taehyung stared at him with wide eyes, looking at him from upclose.

Suddenly turning around, still crouched down, Jungkook took a first-aid box from the near stand, it was the only thing untouched in his messed up room. 

"Here. Show me." Taehyung did as told.

He could even trace the texture of Jungkook's skin, the faded lines on his otherwise smooth skin were the most interesting thing to him at the moment. 

He jerked slightly as the other pressed the disinfectant on his wound, unfazed by the hisses Taehyung et out meanwhile. Jungkook hadn't even glanced at him the whole time and Taehyung was way more disappointed than he would have liked.

Next few minutes went by in utter silence, although their insides were a complete different scenarios. Both of them.

He slowly wiped off the excess blood and wrapped up his hand. Although it was no big cut, Jungkook had dealt with it very carefully.

A warm feeling settled in the pit of Taehyung's stomach at the realization that Jungkook still cared about him. Or maybe he was overthinking everything but he was too happy with his fantasy and wasn't ready to think otherwise.

Jungkook neatly placed the things back in the box, blushing subtly whewhen he heard Taehyung stiffle a silent laugh as he saw the cute iron man bandages, he quickly tossed the lid on and shoved the small box back inbetween the mess. 

He still keeps these bandages.

Recovering the earlier embarassment, Jungkook turned around with a proud grin and looked at Taehyung smugly, who was taken back at the sudden eye contact.

Jungkook, too, realized the situation they currently were in, and as quickly as it came, the small smile was wiped off his face.

Clearing his throat, he let go of Taehyung's hand and stood up with careful steps.

He had totally forgotten about his wounded leg and now that he stood up after crouching down for such a long time, he regretted it. His leg had totally not recovered and he being his clumsy self just made it worse.

His wound suddenly started throbbing painfully, the ugly sting travelling up to his thigh, making it hard for him to stand on his feet. Taehyung got a hold of what was going on and followed him by standing up too.

Hesitantly yet determined, he held Jungkook by his forearm, the other silently warned him but Taehyung couldn't care less at this point. Jungkook should get this through his thick skull that his health was more important than his ego.

Jungkook, with a defeated expression on his face let Taehyung help him towards the bed. Kicking some stuffed animals on the way, the latter finally helped him to the bed.

When Taehyung finally tucked him in bed, despite all the glares he received in doing so, he spared him one last glance and started walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" It was genuine confusion and Taehyung was relieved that after weeks of ignoring him or shouting at him, he was finally speaking normally. He was finally warming up to him.

"Don't Worry. I'm just bringing the soup." Taehyung replied, without waiting for a reply, he marched out of the bedroom, a small smile taking its place on his face when he heard Jungkook shout a 'Who said i was worried?' after him. 

He walked just a tad bit faster as he saw the lid almost falling off the pot he had placed on the stove. Putting on the saftey gloves, he took the pot off the stove and transferred the stock to another utensil, discarding the wastes afterwards. 

He mindlessly poured some dark sauce and regular soya sauce in the stock, vingar and the fresh vegetables were the next to go in. Lastly he seasoned it some spices, not too much though, keeping in view Jungkook's condition. 

After adding an egg to the soup and stirring it for a while, he turned the gas off, the aroma blurring his senses. He can't believe he made such a good dish.

The lad poured the soup in two bowls and placed them both on a tray, pairing the set with spoons. Taehyung stored the rest of the soup, incase Jungkook wants some more. 

He lightly cleaned the counter with a rug he found in a corner and ever so proudly looked at his masterpiece, smiling at the tray in his hold. 

Once again Taehyung walked into the messy room and took a mental note of cleaning the room, everything looked hideous, this time with no injuries. Jungkook was in no place to clean the mess he had created so of course Taehyung had to do it.

He quietly handed Jungkook the tray, while muttering something along the lines of 'You better finish it' and the other could only scoff at that. However the subtle smile he smiled when Taehyung wasn't looking was yelling a whole story on it's own.

Jungkook drank the soup, sip by sip, savoring every taste of the said soup. Who knew Taehyung could be such good of a cook?

Back when they lived together, Taehyung could only cook simple meals. Jungkook guessed living abroad must have had something to do with his sudden great cooking skills.

Silence.

Once again silence engulfed the room, although the occasional slurps broke the not-so-needed silence.

Taehyung was finally done with cleaning the room, everything was somewhat clean right now. Nevertheless it was a lot better compared to some minutes ago.

Now as a rational person, Jungkook should've stopped his guest from cleaning the room but he was in no condition to clean himself and he hated the mess more than anyone. So as selfish as it may sound, he didn't want to let go of the golden opportunity.

Taehyung glanced back at Jungkook who was scrolling through his phone mindlessly, an empty bowl residing next to him.

Taehyung smiled at that before collecting the empty vessels and going to the kitchen.Too tired to wash, he left it on the counter and returned back yet once again. "Jungkook?" He called out successfully grabbing his attention. The said male looked up and waited for him to continue.

"I think I'll go now."

"Where to?" Jungkook put the phone he was using earlier,aside. His whole attention was now on the male standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"To the Moon. Wanna join? Of course I'm going to my home." He muttered sarcastically with a roll of eyes. Jungkook was ridiculous or maybe it was Taehyung's not wanting to leave just yet side speaking. 

"Never knew you lived on the moon." Jungkook retorted in a low voice before continuing. He can't believe he just joked. It had been freaking long since he had joked like this with Taehyung. It was nice. Nice being normal. 

"It's freaking ten in the night. Something could happen to you. Besides, I ordered fried chicken...At least have a meal before you go." Jungkook spoke up, avoiding eye contact at the end of his words. The raven head couldn't believe he was...shy. What was he even being shy for? If his head was not already bandaged, he would've surely slammed it against the headboard. 

"I'm a man, not a women. Nothing could happen to me." Taehyung reasoned completely ignoring the rest of his sentence. He was just putting out ridiculous reasons out there because as much as he wanted to discard the though, he realky was looking forward to spending some more time with the other.

"Yeah!Yeah! Whatever...What about the chicken?" Jungkook tried his luck once again, mentally beating himself up for acting so desperate because just how much he denies, he really needed a company right now. His thoughts would go wild once exits the comforts of his home and he really isn't ready to deal with his anxietic self. 

"It would be too late by then." Taehyung muttered, glancing at the wall clock hanging, displaying both the minute and hour hand aligning at ten. 

"Thought you were man." Jungkook teased with a poker face.

He really was going to regret it all tomorrow but for today, just for the night, he could try pretending that everything was right between them, that nothing was wrong with their relationship. 

"I---Alright." Taehyung huffed and gave into the tempting offer.It was going to be a long night. And unsurprisingly enough, Taehyung was looking forward to it. 

Taehyung sighed subtly and just accepted the offer. He didn't have any other option anyway. At least that's what he's been telling himself for a while now.

Jungkook went back to scrolling through his phone, a satisfied smile on his face, although he was careful not to show it in front of the other. After all he was still mad at him.

Taehyung awkwardly stood near the door, not knowing what to do or what to say. If it were the old times, Taehyung wouldn't have thought twice before flopping on the bed next to Jungkook. But it were not the old times. It were not those good old times.

Jungkook clearly sensed his distress and even if his mind was shouting at him to ignore the other and just scroll down that stupid phone, his heart won and he voiced out.

"You know you can sit down right?" Jungkook had expected a soft voice but instead he sounded rough and bored as hell.

He was quite satisfied with it though. He had grown a bit softer on the other since their shared hug and he tried his best not let that get the best of him.

Taehyung flinched slightly at the voice, not expecting Jungkook to say anything but he was Jungkook and you can never predict him. Like Never.

Shaking his head in a curt nod, he strode towards the other side of the bed and sat down carefully.

He was surprised. Hell no! He was more than surprised. Now that he thought about it with a clear mind, nothing clouding his brain, he fully registered the fact that he had indeed hugged the other.

J

One might think it was weird how after eternities he gave it a thought but in his defence, Taehyung was too occupied by other things that he just let the thought slip away.

Excellent Taehyung! Just how stupid can you get!

You freaking hugged him bitch and that's not a small matter.

But wait- why didn't he react? Like isn't he supposed to push me away and slap me?

Stop! Stop! Aren't you happy that wasn't the outcome?

Taehyung kept mumbling things to him and even pulled various expressions here and there. All whilst Jungkook was watching him from the corner of his eyes.

Now he should probably think he's a weird freak like any other jerk would do so but he on the contrary was having a hard time stifling his laugh.

Jungkook had long known about this habit of his. Taehyung would often talk to himself. It was like his coping mechanism. Jungkook found it so adorable and cute. How he would just zone out and debate against himself.

Never in a million years had he guessed he would be trying to hold back his laugh after all the things happened to him today but here he was biting his lips while glancing at Taehyung who was scolding himself. His furrowed brows and pouty lips gave it away.

Jungkook was brought out of the daze when his apartment bell rang. He looked at Taehyung who returned the stare.

"It must be the chicken!" Taehyung excitedly cheered, sharing a glance with Jungkook who was nodding in agreement. For an awkward while, he looked at Jungkook, expecting him to go and receive the order but quickly recovered at the realization settling in. 

"Imma go and get it." Taehyung hastily stood up and wore his slippers. Jungkook's extra slippers to be exact. 

Jungkook just shook his head and sighed. Taehyung was just as dumb as before. Yup, that was rude. Jungkook can't help it. Just as he had expected, a mere absence of Taehyung's made his mind go hazy with thoughts. 

You are forgiving him Jungkook.

You are growing soft for him again.

I fucking know that . I don't want to - but I can't help it. It's nice. It feels good to talk to him normally. It's like I'm back in time. 

"Here comes the chicken ~", Taehyung sing songed as he skipped happily, a box of fried chicken in his hands. He was done with the delivery man quicker than expected, Jungkook thought he might get in trouble, paying for it and all that. 

"Can you go and fetch the beer? It is in the kitchen." Jungkook asked as they both settled down with the chicken in between them. They had pushed the comforter to the side, both sitting on one side of the bed, a box of chicken lying in between them, ready to be devoured. 

"No!," Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the other and looked at him accusingly. He very sternly looked at Jungkook in the eye, hoping it would scare him off. Or intimidate him. 

"Why?" Jungkook was quick to ask, not liking the way Taehyung had an intense stare in his orbs. He was even s tad bit annoyed as his request had been denied. 

"You are still recovering." The photographer dropped his gaze with a final sigh followed by a careless shrug. He gestured at Jungkook's bandaged leg and forehead. The latter's eyes following Taehyung's hands pointed to him. 

Jungkook was stunned to hear that. He couldn't drink beet? That's such bullshit. He needed some alcohol in his system. The young adult scoffed and started getting up to do the deed his own way.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung looked up at the other who was having a hard time standing up, muttering curses under his breath as he attempted to get up. 

"To Pluto. Wanna go?" Jungkook rolled his eyes and continued his attempts to stand in the least painful way.

"Yeah. Let's take Sungjae too." The male-in-question happily announced. He knew that would rile the other up and the smile on his face got brighter when Jungkook directed a raised brow at him. 

"Where did that bitch come from?" Jungkook halted and raised a brow at the other.

"Careful there Jeon. He's my friend." Taehyung warned, amusement dripping his naturally soothing voice. Riling Jungkook up was so fun. 

"Friend, my ass. That kid is practically a simp for you. Don't you see it?" Jungkook had now finally stood up, ignoring the pain in his lower back, he stated.

"You must have been mistaken. He really is a good friend of mine." Taehyung retorted, his cheeks burning at the sudden revelation. He knew Jungkook might be right about that, Sungjae was way too flirty with him. It was pretty obvious. 

Jungkook scoffed once again seeing the blush but ignored the way his heart tugged.

"Yeah. Whatever helps you sleep at night." The male let it slide before limping towards the door to fetch his precious beer, since Taehyung refused to do so. 

"You don't ever listen, do you?" Taehyung sighed and closed his eyes before standing up himself to go and bring the beer.

Jungkook smiled in victory as Taehyung dragged his feet against the polished floor, whining to himself as his feet felt 

the cold floor underneath them. 

"Here is the beer your Majesty." Taehyung bowed at the other, a box of beer in his hands, a exaggerated accent drippped his voice.

"Kinky I see." Jungkook smirked at the blush creeping up Taehyung's cheeks. 

"Shut up!"

"By the way, why did you bring the whole box?" Jungkook questioned once Taehyung had placed the box next to the chicken.

"I might be needing a lot of beer tonight." The said male quietly muttered as he sat crisscrossed on the large bed.

Well, Taehyung didn't lie. He needed a lot.

A/N: How long has it been? Almost a month I think... I am sincerely sorry😭Also Thank you so much for 15k reads!!! I can't believe it😢 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 27.2K 39
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
14.4K 690 33
Cecelia Olivier wonders whether she'll be the hero or the villain of this story. 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 ( 𝐎𝐂 𝐗 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏...
8.4K 360 13
Hello, My name is Jungkook, This is the story of how I met the etherial merman named Taehyung. And how I saved him, loved him and live with him. ...
327K 19.4K 44
"i will race into your heart and crush it wholly like the best heartthrob and biker i am" "i would like you trying jeon. too bad though, i'm not into...