Overcoming

By Spicychoco

Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to m... More

Overcoming
Author's note
Aesthetics
Chapter-1|New beginning
Chapter-2|New Faces
Chapter-3| In Red
Chapter-4|The Shot
Chapter-5|The Afterparty
Chapter-6|Blueberry Muffins
Chapter-7|Cheer
Chapter-8|Almost
Chapter-9|In your dreams
Chapter-10|The Lunch
Chapter-11|The Library
Chapter-12|The Beginning of a Mishap
Chapter-13|The Mishap and Beyond
Chapter-14|Afterglow
Chapter-15|Vulnerability
Chapter-16|Teasing
Chapter-17|The Game
Chapter-18|Let's Celebrate
Chapter-20|Family Friend
Chapter-21|The Invitation
Chapter-22|Galleria Of Gems
Chapter-23|Arrivals and Departures
Chapter-24|Late Night Conversations
Chapter-25|Beach Bae
Chapter-26|Butterfly
Chapter-27|Numbed
Chapter-28|Interventions
Chapter-29|Lost
Chapter-30|The End?
Chapter-31|Seven Shots Later
Chapter-32|Closure
Chapter-33|Calls
Chapter-34|Euphoria
Chapter-35|Support
Chapter-36|You>Distance
Chapter-37|Baby's Breath
Chapter-38|Never Apologize
Chapter-39|Teddy Bear
Chapter-40|Mommy Dearest
Chapter-41|Strongest Sperm
Chapter-42|Birthday special
Chapter-43|Pre-Wedding Shenanigans(1)
Chapter-44|Pre-Wedding Shenanigans(2)
Chapter-45|Vows at Sunset
Chapter-46|Fucking Lily
Chapter-47|Rain on Parade
Chapter-48|Welcome To New York
Chapter-49|Parent Problems (1)
Chapter-50|Parent Problems (2)
Chapter-51|The Gala
Chapter-52|Hypocrisy
Chapter-53|All Of Me
Epilogue
Parting Note

Chapter-19|Allure

26.1K 648 232
By Spicychoco

The Allure was probably LA's most popular club, which also meant that it was one of the most crowded clubs. Dani chooses the best, I guess.

"This is amazing. Why haven't I been here before?" Riley asked, yelling in my ear over the music as we stood waiting for our drinks. This was the first round, so we treated the boys on their win.

"Because you have a very protective brother who wouldn't let you come here alone." I answered her and looking at her with a goofy smile on my face.

"I second that." Dani joined in and threw an arm around our shoulders.

The place was filled with shades of purple with black accents, which gave it a very elegant touch. You could tell it was one of the high-end clubs.

"Well, my brother is here and so am I, but let's just forget that he exists tonight and have some legit fun."

Forgetting Ethan? Easier said than done, especially when he is not your brother. The moment we shared in my room was not forgotten. It couldn't be, even if I tried my hardest. Until a few days ago, we were harmlessly flirting with each other with a known boundary. But now, it feels like we both have forgotten about the said boundary. Now, it's just two people waiting for the other one to break first when both of them wanted nothing more than to move so far away from that boundary that it would become impossible to find our way back.

"Yeah, we can totally do that." Dani said, but there was a slightly sarcastic tone to her voice, so I turned to her to find her smirking at me.

"Stop smirking at me." I said, leaning a bit towards her so that Riley couldn't hear us.

"Hey look!" Riley said suddenly, making me turn back to her.

Smirking at me, she discreetly motioned towards the other side of the bar, which was pretty crowded. It took me a few moments to realize she was gesturing towards a group of guys settled over the other end of the bar, looking directly at us. They weren't even trying to be discreet.

One of them specifically caught my eye, mainly because he was staring directly at me, and when I turned to look at them, he caught my eye. He had dirty blonde hair, pretty sharp features, and blue eyes, as far as I could tell. I could be wrong as well, considering all the lighting and the crowd.

"Looks like you got yourself some admirers." Dani said and took the drinks from the bartender when he returned with our drinks.

"Well, the admirers will have to admire from afar." I said, taking some of the beer bottles from Dani to ease the weight.

"Why? I mean, they are hot, Iris." Riley said, but still followed me and Dani on our way back to the booth.

"Yeah, but they could be psycho killers for all we know." I said, trying to maneuver my way through the crowd without spilling the drinks on anyone.

"We won't know until we don't ask." Riley said in my ear from behind me.

"Yeah, and they are definitely gonna tell you straight up." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, come on, this is a club. Hot people pick hot people here all the time. Back me up, Dani." Riley said just as we slid back into the booth beside the guys.

Dani went straight to sit beside Mason. Riley, who was standing closest to Noah, slid beside him, leaving me to sit beside Ethan, which was the last place I wanted to be right now considering all I could think about is how badly I wanna tear apart his clothes.

As soon as I sat down, I could feel the heat radiating off of his body. He was wearing an all-black outfit which was matching my black dress. If only he was wearing red lipstick, like me.

"I can't say anything. If she doesn't want to be picked, it's her choice. Anyway, you could still dance with him. One of them looked pretty hooked on you." Dani cleared me and instead shifted the focus back on Riley, likely knowing why I said what I said.

"Who's picking up whom?" My very reason for playing the guys off spoke up.

"There were these really hot guys eyeing Iris up and she decided not to approach them and come back here so they couldn't approach her." Riley said, rolling her eyes like she couldn't get why I blew them off.

Noah and Mason instantly stopped the conversation they were having. Now I had the attention of the whole table. Five very nosy people waiting for me to explain.

"Well, I never said they couldn't approach me." I diverted the answer and instead decided to fuck with Ethan's mind. I dared not turn to see his face because I could feel the holes he was burning in the side of my head.

"Yeah right. They would never come here. I mean just look at these three very intimidating men sitting around you." Dani scoffed.

"Aww, it's sweet you think we are intimidating." Noah said, pulling Dani's cheeks.

"Yeah, only to those who haven't seen you cry at the end of The Notebook." Riley said, teasing him about the one time we made him watch the notebook and he ended up crying in the end.

"I did not cry. Reed threw popcorn in my eyes." Noah grumbled, using the same excuse as he did the last time.

"I did not. Stop lying about me." I said, pointing my finger at his face.

"You did."

"I did not."

"You definitely did."

"I fucking did not."

"Okay! Stop, you two!" Mason boomed loudly, instantly silencing both of us, while the other three burst out laughing.

"Okay, let's cheers to the win tonight." Dani said, picking up her vodka shot while the boys picked up their beer bottles except for Ethan, who had his coke in his hand because he was the driver for the night. I wasn't keen on getting too drunk tonight, so I just had one shot while the others had two shots each.

"To these really sweet guys who think they are intimidating!" Dani said as we all clicked our glasses. Pulling back my glass, I knocked back my shot but cringed at the aftertaste. I don't know why I still drink vodka. Probably because it works fast.

Knocking both of her shots back, Dani suddenly stood up and turned to look at Mason, who was amusedly staking a sip of his beer.

"Come on, babe. I wanna dance. Let's go!" With that, she took Mason's hand in hers and literally dragged him away, getting lost in the crowd.

"One down. Two to go..." Noah said, with an amused smile on his face.

"Well, I need another drink before I get ready to dance in the middle of sweaty, smelly people. You coming with me, Iris?" Riley said, getting up and looking at me expectantly.

"Oh, I am coming with you. I wanna get another beer." Noah said abruptly, getting up.

"Okay then. Do you guys need anything?"

"No, I am good."

"I am fine." Both Ethan and I said simultaneously.

After hearing our reply, Noah and Riley went away to get their drinks. I was pretty sure that they wouldn't be coming back for at least another fifteen minutes, considering the crowd at the bar.

"Not so subtle Noah strikes again." I said, amusement lacing my voice.

"To be fair, he never said it was his strongest suit." He excused, but the amused smirk on his face said otherwise.

"Hm... fair enough." I said, finally turning in my seat to look at him.

"You know, you never actually congratulated me." Ethan said with amusement, meeting my eye. Even though he disguised it pretty well, I still saw the hint of hurt in his eyes.

Honestly, it was pretty rude of me to not congratulate him when I congratulated literally everyone else, but to be fair; I blame my overthinking skills. Congratulating him without hugging him felt formal while hugging him in front of Riley felt wrong. I know it was just an innocent hug, but the lines between innocent and not innocent have been a kind of a blur for the past few days. Before I could decide what I wanted to do, our eyes met, and I just ended up smiling at him like an idiot.

"I didn't?" I asked, feigning confusion.

"Uh-huh..." he said with a small knowing smile, knowing I was pretending.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head and before I could overthink it, I stood up. Looking at Ethan expectantly, I offered him my hand.

"Come on!" I said, maybe a little too excitedly.

"Where?" He asked looking up at me, obviously confused.

"Let's go dance." I said, gesturing to the dance floor, a gigantic smile overtaking my face.

"I don't know how to dance." He excused.

"Yes, you do. Come on!" I insisted and took his hand, which was placed on the back of my chair.

"Iris!" He complained in my ear as I dragged him across the dance floor.

Coming to a stop almost in the middle of the dance floor, I turned to him with a faint smile on my face.

"Come on Knight! Let loose a little! I know you can dance." Well, I didn't, but I really hoped so.

Some upbeat song I didn't recognize was playing, but I didn't care. I started moving my body to the beats of the music, maintaining eye contact with Ethan, hoping he would get the hint.

I was about to give up when the song changed to a more slow and sensual one. Taking that as my last chance, I stepped closer to him, wrapped my arms around his neck, and pressed my body against him, making his eyebrow shot up a little, probably surprised by my forwardness in a public place.

I wasn't really worried about anyone watching us because strangers don't care and the dance floor was too crowded for Riley to notice us, even if she returned to the booth.

Looking up at Ethan, I raised an eyebrow, silently asking him to join me. Finally, he got the hint and wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me even closer. I could feel his belt pressing into my stomach through my dress. Keeping our eyes on each other, we started swaying from side to side, not really saying anything but just enjoying each other.

After a few minutes when I realized that the song was about to end, I leaned up a little, making his hands tighten, thinking I was about to pull away. Placing a kiss right below his ear, I placed my lips beside his ear.

"Congratulations." I whispered in a low voice.

If I didn't have my body pressed against his, I probably wouldn't have felt the shiver running down his body.

I smirked, thinking I have the upper hand right now, but that smirk slipped right off my face when he bowed his face into my neck and pressed a kiss in the dent of my collarbone, whispering a low but husky, "Thank you."

Suddenly, taking my hand that was around his neck, he pushed me away and then twirled me back in, making my back collide with his front, right when the beat dropped.

"I knew you could dance." I said, tilting my head to the side to look him in the eye.

Meeting my eyes, he simply nodded in response as his arms wrapped around my waist, keeping me pressed against him.

"Now that we've established that I can dance, what about you? Can you dance Reed?" He said in my ear, placing his head on my shoulder. I could feel his hot breath on my ear, and it was doing so many indescribable things to me.

Instead of giving him a reply, I started moving my body against his, and it pleasantly surprised me when he joined. We were pretty in sync. It wasn't uncomfortable. In fact, it was like we have done this a thousand times before.

After a while, I could feel the bulge in his pants pressing against my ass, and I couldn't help when I pressed my body even closer to him, making him tighten his arm around me.

"Reed..." He groaned in my ear, making me lean my head back on his shoulder and wrapped my hand around his neck. My fingers played with the hair at the nape of his neck and I could see it on his face that he liked it.

Looking at that look on his face, I could feel goosebumps erupt on my skin and my breathing grow harsher as the movements of our hips started to become a lot more rough and desperate than before.

"This night is gonna turn out so different if you keep doing this." He groaned in my ear as his pants strained against him and his hands tightened around my waist.

"Who said I don't want this night to turn out different?" I whispered in his ears seductively and pulled away from him. Taking a few steps away from him, I turned around to look at him, looking at me with a dark expression on his face, clearly knowing what I meant.

I started walking away from the dance floor, knowing he was going to follow me. I walked towards the ladies' washroom with a little more sway, because I knew he was watching me.

I almost reached the ladies' washroom and had been planning on closing the door on Ethan's face when I felt someone grab my elbow and pull me towards an empty corridor. By the tingles erupting on my skin, I knew it was Ethan.

He pushed me into a wall with my hands in his and pinned them above my head. Looking around, I noticed no one around us.

"Change of plan, Iris?" He asked in a low hum, pressing his body against mine and trailed his nose up my neck.

"No..." My voice sounded breathless to my own ears, as he gently bit down on my neck and then eased away the sting with featherlight kisses.

"Yeah? So, you weren't going to slam the door on my face?" He asked, knowing me too well, as one of his hands trailed down my body, leaving goosebumps on the way while the other hand kept my hands pinned.

I was about to give some smartass reply when he pressed his body closer to me and I felt the bulge of his pants against the space between my legs, making me moan.

"That isn't the reply to my question." I could feel him smirk against my neck. His lips against my neck were sending shock waves through my body and it was becoming increasingly difficult to focus on his words when he was pressed against me with his lips on my neck, his hand caressing my body and his bulge right where I want it.

"Cat got your tongue, Reed?" He taunted when I failed to reply after a long pause. Trailing his hand down my waist, his fingers started gliding lightly on my thigh, making it difficult for me to even breathe.

Looking up, he met my eye and I could see the lust and amusement dancing in his eyes and I am pretty sure he could see the desperation and need in my eyes, too.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked in a low voice as his lips made their way to my ear and sucked my earlobe teasingly, making me close my eyes and whimper.

"Ethan..." I moaned out when he placed a kiss right below my ear while his fingers threaded into my hair and pulled at my roots, enough for me to hiss in pleasure.

"Answer me, Reed." He said, pulling back and looking me in the eye with desperation and lust painted across his face. Desperation for me to say it so that we can both get over these games.

"Kiss me."

His lips pressed against mine as soon as I said those two words. Two words we were both desperate to hear. It was like the world stopped. The noise from the club was no longer bothering me. The scent of alcohol and sweat no longer lingered in the air. All I could concentrate on was the taste of Ethan's lips on mine. All my senses were filled with everything that is Ethan Knight.

His lips were dominating, possessive, and rough. He didn't start gently to test the waters. We both knew we wanted it. There wasn't any doubt about that. We knew this would happen, eventually; it was just a matter of time.

He released my hands from his grip and grabbed my waist as I ran my fingers through his hair. I heard him groan in the back of his throat when I pulled a little at his root, somehow knowing he would like it. He traced my bottom lip, asking for permission, which I denied just for the fun of it. We continued this for quite a while before he bit down on my lip gently and I gasped, allowing him to slip his tongue in my mouth.

His hands trailed down from my waist to my ass and he pulled me against him as I pulled back, needing a little breather, but he just continued to kiss my jaw and neck, making me lean my head back against the wall, giving him more room.

The boundary I was talking about earlier is now just a dot on the horizon.

⤎❁⤏

So.....that happened! 

This chapter was very important for me because of all that built-up tension. I just had to get it right. So, I'm not kidding when I say that for the past month I've been sitting on this chapter and I didn't write anything ahead of it until I had it written. It was the first-ever kissing scene I've written and after all the thought I've given it, I just couldn't let it be anything. I hope it was worth the wait.

Tell me in one word what you think of this chapter or of that kiss. 

I have so much in store for you guys. It's going to be fun. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me on Instagram (spiicychoco) and Wattpad for all the updates.

Stay safe, Stay grateful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 11.3K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
3.9K 591 43
College, the one big reset button that life offers. To Ethan, college represents new friends, new experiences, new romance, and a new set of expectat...
41.4K 339 9
Devantay Hastings, star basketball captain falls victim to new student Olivia Abrams, gorgeous yet emotionally unavailable it girl who's presumably i...
6.9K 207 52
*Completed* (Hey Readers! Just wanted to let you know that after a year and more, I'm finally back to writing. My first project is to reedit my stor...