๐—ช๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น | Oikawa...

By santnyx

***REWRITING + fixing up grammarโ€ผ๏ธ*** " ๐™Š๐™ž๐™ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–-๐™จ๐™–๐™ฃ, ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ! " " ๐™‰๐™ค " / หš... More

๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 0
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 1
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 2
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 3
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 4
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 5
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 7
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 8
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 9
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 10
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 11
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 12
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 13
๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 14

๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 6

7.7K 243 32
By santnyx

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Y/N'S POV

It's the month of June and the weather is warming hot. Some of the students in school now are starting to wear their summer uniform. The heat has been killing us days after days and all the athletes are terribly worn out from so much practices in this heat.

It's June.

The spring interhigh preliminaries are here.

Baam!

"Makki! Go left!!" Oikawa yells at the wing spiker as my eyes follow the volleyball.

We're in the middle of the Miyagi prefectural qualifiers and it is our second round in the game, playing Oomisaki high.

The ball is up high and somehow floats right back to the other side. The opposite team spike it down to the right of the court, but our libero has no problems receiving and returning it to Oikawa.

"Iwa-chan!" The captain sets the ball for our ace. Hajime's eyes are sparkling while looking at the ball and his hand fully touches it and he slams it down on the opposite court.

"Yes!! Nice kill!!!" I shout and give him thumbs up.

"Kageyama! It's your sister!"

"Huh? Whose sister!?" I hear more voices coming from the audience at the side and I look up to see my brother with his team. I glance over at the skin-headed guy and the small guy next to him who seems to be even shorter than the tangerine first year. I must say, they're a little chaotic with Hinata-kun at the side.

Tobio waves at me with a little smile visible, and I wave back smiling as well. His smile made me relieved. It means that they must've won the match against Date Tech already.

"Oikawa-sannn, nice serve!" The girls standing next to Karasuno yell out loud when it's the brunette's turn to serve. I look back at my brother's team and notice how Tanaka looks pissed and annoyed, which makes me laugh a little.

We're on the verge of winning the second set in which we've already won the first one, and Oikawa-san is serving right now.

"Olé!!!"

Baam!
1st service ace.

Baam!
2nd service ace.

Baam!
3rd service ace.

Baam!
4th service ace.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY MADE OF—

Well, whatever he is, we've reach the match point. The opponents now look desperate and upset.

And there it is, the whistle coming from the judge in the middle of the court, indicating our victory for the match.

2-0 set with the score of 25-12 on the last one. We've won.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

"That game was great! I'm so proud," I say to the team in excitement.

"Yeah, and thanks to Shittykawa's serves, I didn't get to spike a little bit more."

"Come on! I did good, didn't I, y/n-chan?" The captain pouts while turning to me. I smile back and tippy toes patting his head like I always do to Tobio. He mumbles that "I'm not a kid" but I see his cheeks blushing just a little.

But he's so tall wtf.

"Uh-huh. Very well played. The same goes to all of you, good job today."

"I'm kind of tired. That was our last match for today, right?" Watari, our libero, turns to me.

"Yes, it was, but we still have the team meeting after this, don't forget."

"Ah, right."

"I can't believe we're playing Karasuno next, though!" Yahaba exclaims. The second and first years are getting excited but of course they seem to be a little worn out, and even Hajime seems to be breathing harder than usual, sweating all over his shirt.

I look at coach Irihata pleadingly. He then sighs at me and says, "let's head back for our team meeting and you all will be dismissed for the day to have some rest, sounds good?" The team suddenly lights up hearing their coach's words.

"Alright!!"

I begin to think about how my friend from a faraway prefecture might be doing, but shake away the unnecessary thoughts immediately. There's no reason I have to worry about the team that will undoubtedly go to nationals like they always have done.

They are Inarizaki, after all.

I then recall how a certain middle blocker from the team had come to see me not too long ago before June. He mentioned that he was in Miyagi to visit a relative, and so he wanted to visit me who also live here as well.

Only Makki knows about Suna visiting me, so he's been teasing and joking about it nonstop ever since then. Sometimes I think I should never tell this guy about anything.

"Y/n-chan, are you listening?" I snap out of my own thoughts as I hear Oikawa calling me.

"Oh, sorry. What was that?"

"I'm saying, you still have to celebrate with us if we win tomorrow—"

"You don't have to, it's just a little party this dumbass wants, and we're not even celebrating the final round". Hajime cuts off whatever he was about to say.

I hesitate. Of course I want to celebrate if my team wins, of course. But what about Tobio? And if Karasuno wins, should I be happy or sad?

"I'll just cut half of my body to be with you guys and the other half with Tobio," I chuckle while joking. I don't want either of them to lose...

But I guess that is an impossible statement...

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

"Tobio!!!"

I yell while running toward the Karasuno's team who's walking out of the place where they were having a match.

They lost to Aoba Johsai.

Oikawa-san insisted that I celebrate with the team, and I agreed to stay for just an hour and then I'll go home, to Tobio.

I didn't want to wait until then so I ran off from my group trying to find my brother. I know we still have another match right after Karasuno, and I have mixed feelings about that. Although, I must've looked really desperate and that's why the coaches allowed me to leave for a few minutes to see my brother.

Oh no, they look so sad. What do I do?

Except for my brother who's looking extremely upset and angry at this moment.

"Hey, y/n-chan. It's good to see you again." Sugawara smiles at me wearily.

"Ah! Kageyama-san. Hello." The short first year says and tries to smile, but I could tell he's exhausted and upset as well. All of them are...

Hinata usually addresses me as Kageyama-san while also adding that it feels weird to say 'san' after the setter's surname, but he's surprisingly quiet this time.

"I, uh— you guys did really great! That was the most intense and incredible match I've ever watch," I try to sound enthusiastic but I guess it couldn't look that cheerful hearing these words from someone of the opponent's team, especially the one they just lost to.

"Thanks, Y/n. You guys did great as well. Aoba Johsai is no joke, I have to admit". Sawamura says. After the practice match at our school, I've got closer to them a little, especially with the four third years including their manager.

"Well, thank you. I don't know if it's fine for me to say this but... I come to cheer up you guys. There's always next time for a rematch," I feel far more than relieved when they seem to lighten up even just a little, especially the two second years duo.

"You're just happy that we lost," Tobio says, still the only one to not look at me.

"Oi, Kageyama," the captain says with a lower tone of voice, as if disapproving what he said. Everyone is looking at my brother just when he mumbled those unnecessary words.

Was he talking to...me?

"What are you doing, dumbass. Apologize to your sister!" The orange-hair boy said and I sigh, trying to smile.

"It's fine, he's just upset. I have to go now, the bus must've been waiting for me. See you guys next time," I bow my head down a little and walk right back to my team's court.

"Y/n-chan, what's wrong?" Oikawa asks after I sat down on the bench next to the coaches. He's now wearing the reverse version of our uniform which is in light teal color.

"It's nothing. Just go get warmed up!" I shoo them away. The captain gives me one last worried look before shaking it off, focusing on what needs to be done with victory— the match.

And of course we won just like that. Oikawa's few serves combined with the team's play. We won the quarter finals round against Senseki.

The boys are extremely drained out at this point. Playing three full sets with Karasuno and another two with Senseki...

But, it's finally time for us to head back so we can have our little team party going.

"So, tell us what's actually wrong, y/n," Hajime asks as I sit down next to him on the team bus, and soon Oikawa plops himself down next to me.

"Huh? Nothing" I reply, but in reality, I'm thinking a lot about what Tobio said back then. Was he mad at me? But what for? For winning?

"You bite the inside of your lips when you're anxious, and it's pretty obvious to see," Oikawa points at his own lips but is looking at mine. I pause, noticing that I was actually biting it.

"It's nothing... it's just dry so I bit it".

"Stubborn," Hajime nods and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, we have a celebration. Celebration! What are you like this for?"

"Just tired... I guess,"

"Y/n-chan" I sigh, and before I could respond any further, Oikawa pulls me over to nestle on his shoulder.

"Rest," my brain practically stops thinking for probably a solid minute, as if the machine inside me has gone broken.

"Flirting right next to me? Wow" Hajime makes a monotone 'wow' sound which doesn't sound so wow to me.

"We're not flirting, Iwa-chan," the guy next to me sighs.

"Oikawa-san"

"Hm?"

"Thank you," I mumble and eventually start to fall into my dream world.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

3RD PERSON POV

"Wake her up. We're almost there," Iwaizumi says as their bus enters the school's parking lot but their team manager is still sleeping, one of her hands gripping on the captain's shirt.

"Do you think something happened? She was fine before she went to talk to Tobio-chan."

"Most likely. But I'm sure she'll tell us if she wants to. Why do you care so much?" Iwaizumi stares at his best friend.

"Of course I care, Iwa-chan! She's my... friend."

"She doesn't want to be your friend, stupid."

"But that's what we are."

Aren't we?

"Take a look back at yourself, Oikawa. What do you feel about her, and why you want to deny it. If you still want to call it friends then I don't know what to say," Iwaizumi shakes his head and makes his way out from the bus while Oikawa is still seated, a million thoughts inside his head.

The brunette glances at the girl next to him. He has known her for almost... 6 years, since the first day she signed up to be Kitagawa Daiichi's manager. She was a strong, independent girl yet has soft personalities. Oikawa always admires how she carries on the weight of her family on her shoulders. After the loss of their dear grandfather, even though Miwa was present, Y/n still tries her best to take care of her brother and studies hard to not be a burden to her older sister.

The day that Oikawa met her, he can still recalls it clearly,

'I'm Kageyama Y/n, a first year. I'll be Kitagawa Daiichi's manager from now on, nice to meet you all!'

''Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san, a first year like me, right? I hope we can all get along."

Even until the very first day that she had asked him out.

'Oikawa-s-s-san! Do you want to go on a...date?'

'E...ehhhhhhh!?! What!?' he said, though almost laughed at you for stuttering merely at his name.

'I like you!! Let's go on a date! Shit... this is embarrassing,' she mumbled, thinking he wouldn't hear, but he sure did.

'What if I say no?'

'Uh... then I'll just keep asking until you say yes, Oikawa-san!'

She shines bright like the most shining star on the sky. Y/n was always there for him, every time he needed someone the most. Even if he pushed her away, and even if she was hurt, she's still not giving up on him.

Oikawa still remembers the time when he was devastated by the loss against Shiratorizawa during his third year of junior high. You can say that Kitagawa Daiichi was no match for Shiratorizawa at the time.

...No one dared talk to him after that match, except for one person.

'Oikawa-san."

'I don't want to talk to anyone! Go away!'

'I'm not going anywhere—"

'Y/n, don't annoy me. Go away, I said!'

'Oikawa Tooru! Shut up and look at me in the eyes!!! No, don't say anything and listen to me. Are my eyes lying when I say that you're the best setter I've ever met?'

'...'

'They were strong, so what? That was not the end of the world. How old are we? We're just a 3rd year in junior high. We have plenty more time to beat their ass in high school, and what would we do if even our captain is discouraged? Please bring yourself back together...' She cried.

'I'm sorry...'

'No, I'm sorry for yelling, too. Hey, why are you crying!?' The girl panicked when she saw that the captain was sobbing, but Oikawa also chuckles seeing the manager's teary eyes.

'You're crying, too."

'I'm not!'

'Pffft, your nose is all red, y/n-chan'

'Aw, shut up— ramen today after practice, yeah?'

'Yeah."

/

So, what does he feel about her?

A friend? No, probably not just friends, but of course he feels hesitated. He has always addressed her as a friend and nothing more. Or maybe he's just an idiot who's afraid of admitting his own feelings after all these years.

"Oikawa, you coming or not?" Matsukawa's voice took him out from his thoughts. Oikawa looks up and see the team in front of him, but y/n is nowhere to be seen.

"Huh? What was that? I was spacing out."

"You dumbass. We're going to Iwaizumi's place for party but y/n needs to buy something from the store. Are you going with her or us?"

"Her."

"No hesitation, I see. She already went inside the store. Just come soon, okay? Iwaizumi said we're having barbecue."

"Barbecue! Yay! I'll be there with Y/n-chan later," Oikawa says before running into the grocery store. He sees a familiar figure and taps on both of her shoulders immediately.

"Y/n-chan!"

"Oikawa-san!? Ugh, don't surprise me like that!"

"What do you need from the store?"

"Just some ingredients for dinner. I'm making pork curry today."

"Sounds delicious, but are you still having barbecue with us?"

"Uh-huh. The curry is for Tobio. He seemed upset so I'm hoping the dinner could cheer him up, but I don't know if my food could replace Miwa ne-chan's skills," she sighs, picking some ingredients out from the grocery stalls into the basket she's holding. Oikawa takes a quick glance at the basket before taking it from her hand. She was about to say something when he disrupts her.

"Don't worry, that kid once told me he loves your food."

"He did?"

"Yep, but it was a long time ago. I bet he still does, though." Oikawa looks over and when he sees your face smiling, he smiles as well.

"Hey, you want some milk bread? There's some here."

"Three packs, please!"

"We look like a couple shopping together, aren't we?" Y/n says, chuckling a little and put the bread into the basket.

"Yep! A couple of besties," Oikawa replies immediately, earning him a fist from y/n.

"Listen here you little shit—"

"Y/n-chann!"

Oikawa yelps, pretending to be hurt by her hit. He let out a laugh but thinks deeply inside,

It's been so long,

there's actually no way I'm developing feelings for her just now, right?

꒰ ˚⋆ 💍🦋❔ ˚。⋆⁺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 1.3K 14
"One day. I'll reach you." Oikawa gazed lovingly at the girl and made a silent promise to himself. Never once in your life have you expected, that th...
245K 6.2K 23
Your Akaashi's older sister who just moved back to Japan from America. Your a third year who just so happens to be on the American Olympic Girls Voll...
841K 45.1K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...