𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7

I wrote this chapter months ago and it's now giving me so much secondhand embarrassment I cannot reread it even if it's what I wrote so please bear with it😭😭😭

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Y/N'S POV

"We're here, guys! I got a load of snacks for us as well," I shout while bursting into the house. Oikawa and I take off our shoes and greet Hajime's parents before going to the backyard where everyone is.

"Took you long enough. Making out on your way back?" Matsukawa teasingly says, so I hit him on the back. "Shut up."

"Okay, what do we have here?" I jump to where the barbecue grill is. Hajime and Kunimi are currently grilling something for the others.

"Y/n-san, here's your plate," the younger boy hands me a plate filled with food. He must've been filling them during the time I wasn't here. Meanwhile, Hajime tells Oikawa to make it himself if he wants to eat, but I know the barbecues are just not ready yet.

"Oikawa-san, we can share," I offer him the plate I'm holding.

"Thanks," he smiles and takes one of the meat on my plate and keeps taking more. In two minutes the whole plate is empty.

Look at this starving bastard.

The time passes by slowly and the team is consuming up almost all of the food we have. The first and second years were fighting for the last piece of meat on the grill, and Hajime yells at them, saying that they can just make more.

I can't blame them, though. We all are extremely tired and have been craving for this; time spent together and eating to celebrate our victory.

"Hey, what are we having for party tomorrow? Let's do it at my house!" Oikawa suddenly announces. I shake my head and smile, "well, we'll need to beat Shiratorizawa first in order to have the party." I say, chuckling. Oikawa's laughter starts to die down and his lips turns into a pout. "I'm just saying facts, stop pouting!" you pinched his arm.

"I kinda wish Kyotani is here, though. He's a part of our team," I sigh and Matsukawa replies, "screw him, that brat doesn't even come to practice and he didn't play in today's matches anyway."

"I guess so... Hajime, you're burning the pork."

"Shit— and how long are you gonna stay here, y/n?"

"Hmm, I'll leave in about 20 minutes? Tobio is probably heading home right now, but I could stick around for a little more. It's gonna get dark by then anyway. You shouldn't let the kids stay too long, their parents will be mad~"