Abandoned

By NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 27: Secret Plan

21.2K 483 11
By NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

My doctor, Dr. Sherman, is busy checking my blood pressure, cholesterol and many more. I just sat there and let her do her work. James is behind me all the time, listening to what the doctor had said to me.

After she's done checking, she returned to her computer table and started typing the prescriptions on her computer. She was too focused on the computer so I don't even bother to disturb. She then looked at me, with a saddened expression. Why does she have that expression? I cleared my throat and decided to ask her.

"Well?" I bit my lip. James just massaged my back, calming down. I feel tensed when my doctor suddenly have that expression. Obviously there's something bad that is gonna happen.

"Do you want to continue this pregnancy?" She asked. Come again? What does she say? Before my temper raised up, I just glared at her. I turned to the back to see James' reaction. He is shocked himself.

"Why do you ask that question?" I asked, feeling my blood started to rise up.

"Erm, because your husband... Chris Cortes-" she stopped after I cut her off.

"Ex-husband." I said, checking my nails. Dr Sherman started shifting herself, trying to make herself comfortable. She cleared her throat before continuing.

"Your ex-husband made a proposal on terminating this pregnancy a few days ago." I looked at her, shocked. How could he? Isn't it his own child? Oh my god. I massaged my temples, trying to calm down but obviously I couldn't.

"When was 'a few days ago'?" James suddenly speak up. His voice is cold and deep. I think that he just can't accept the fact that Chris did all this.

"Around last week's Thursday morning." She answered with her eyes, full of sincerity. I recalled back. It was the day after of divorce happened. God damn.

"No of fence, Miss Evans but I think you should." Dr Sherman suggest. Is she crazy? I glared at her. My hands started to ball up into fists. Then, without warning, I bellowed.

"Why would you say that! This baby is my child. You have no right to decide whether I should or should not do it."

James slowly bring me down to the chair. I didn't even realized that I'm standing really close to Dr Sherman, pointing fingers at her. He asked me to calm down by taking a deep breath and let it all out. He sighed and turned his attention to the doctor.

"Why, doc? Is she sick?" James asked nicely to the panicked doctor. Poor Dr Sherman that I scared her. She swallowed a gulp and begin to stutter.

"Me-Melissa is.. Is.. She, oh my god. I can't talk." Dr Sherman took a deep breath and try not to stagger again. I kinda feel bad because it's my fault that she begins to stagger and not becoming a professional doctor she used to.

"Melissa is having some sickness. Right after her first miscarriage, her inner body near her womb started to damage slowly. If she didn't terminate this pregnancy and never undergo surgery, she may or may not make it." Dr Sherman explained. A tear started rolling down my cheek. I have to choose either it's my life or the baby's life. Both of the decisions are very risky. But I love this child so much.

I looked down and think about it for a few seconds. I rested my head on top of my hands and I combed my hair back. After finalizing my decision, I looked at both James and Dr Sherman. I sighed and answered, "no. I'm not gonna terminate this pregnancy."

*James' POV*

"So, are you gonna talk to me or what?" Melissa keep on asking me questions but I ignored every single question. I just can't believe she choose the baby's life over hers. I know that the poor child is much more important but it's his blood. Chris' blood. I even saw her signed the acknowledgement form, stating that she's gonna continue the pregnancy. Right now, I'm just gonna shut up and think this through.

A few minutes later, we have reached my apartment. I quickly opened the door and rushed to Melissa's side. I slowly opened the car door and held out my hand. She smiled and gladly took it. My hand intertwined with hers, right after I closed the passenger door. I pressed the button to lock my car. We took tiny steps when we walked until we reached in front of my apartment. I'm just scared that she might fall and you know what happens next - depression comes in to play.

I settled Melissa at the couch and started walking to the kitchen. When I was pouring a drink near the bar counter, I already saw Melissa with her legs up on the couch, laying down comfortably. She even had the television on.

I instantly bring a glass of water for her. I put the glass on top of the coffee table. I looked at her. She still have a cold expression from the hospital at her face. I sighed and said, "I'll be out for awhile. I have to buy some groceries for the week."

Without waiting for her to reply, I already went out of the apartment and rushed to my car. I went in and took out my phone. I punched in the number and start calling her.

"Hey Olivia. We have to meet. It's really important." I said while starting the engine.

"What is it about?" She asked in the other end.

"It's about Melissa's health."

"So? We know that she cannot be too stressed and such." She argued. I could sense her tone is a bit bitchy.

"It affects her pregnancy, Liv." I pleaded. There's silence on the other end.

"Hello? Liv, ya there?" I called out for her.

"Are you serious?" She started to speak up, which shocked me with her loud voice.

"Yes. That's why I want to meet you... And your brother if he's free today." I reminded her about the meeting. I hear that she just breathed out due to some annoying noises created.

"Alright. Where?"

"Brooklyn Subway Station," I replied her. I actually doesn't know where exactly should I meet the twins if her brother follows.

"Urm, among many places, why subway station?" She asked. Heh, I know right? I can't even think for the answers. Come on, James. Think! Out of the sudden, an unrealistic answer comes out on my mind.

"You know, privacy?" I physically facepalmed myself, making my car swirled to the left a little. I steadied the car and went back to the phone call. But there's already a dead line. God, I must accidentally hung up on her. I focused on the road and throughout the trip, I kept on thinking on how I start to talk Olivia.

•AT BROOKLYN SUBWAY STATION•

"She what?!" Olivia shrieked right after I told her the whole situation on terminating the baby. She even shocked herself when I told Olivia that Melissa decided to continue the pregnancy even though she have some kind of sickness.

"I know right! That's my reaction when she stupidly said the two-letters word. Olivia leaned her back against the pillar, while drinking her cup of warm latte.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Olivier asked. Yup, he eventually is here. I quickly answered them with the main points pouring out from my mouth.

"I feel like telling Chris." I answered. I know my answer is stupid and I did it purposely so that they might give me a better idea.

"What! Are you crazy? No... No, no, no, no! We must have a better idea." Olivia glared at me, crossing her arm over her chest.

"We suggest maybe Olivia is the one to talk to Chris. He hates us both. So, only left you." Oliver suggest, making Olivia's eyes wide. She vigorously shook her head and she slapped Oliver's back... Hard until we could an echo throughout the whole station. Oliver just bit his lip hard to prevent from cursing out loud at his sister and disturb the others.

"No offense, Liv. I kinda like that idea." I told her honestly. Olivia looked at my direction. Of course, she's glaring at me. She advanced towards me and started to beat me but I'm fast enough to stop her. I pinned her hands behind her back, making her twisted her hand a little which made her whine.

"Okay, okay! I'll do it." She gave up. I let her go and she rubbed her wrist.

"But maybe not now." Oliver suggested. I raised an eyebrow. Huh, what does he mean?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, we have to plan properly first. Liv is not ready. Also, we maybe tell him when she's close to due." Oliver explained. I think about it for awhile. I kinda agreed with his suggestion her though.

Without thinking twice, I answered him, "deal."

--------------------------------------------------
Heyy! Guess who just turned 15! MEEEEE! Haha anyways, sorry if this chapter is damn short. These few days I have to be school until 6. Worst, 7pm. Also, maybe next week, I may or may not be posting any chapters because I'm going overseas! So, make sure you vote, comment and follow me!

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 7.1K 31
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...
119K 4.8K 54
******* Every story has an end. But in life, every end is a new beginning.******* ------------------------------------------------------------ His vo...
52.5K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...