She's My Mate

By bluekat12

After her father's death, Jade has to move back to her hometown that's filled with terrible memories from her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

144 11 0
By bluekat12

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long... again... I had volleyball spring team and 2 jobs. The spring team's done, and as of today, school is done for me also! Granted, I still have the 2 jobs plus I mow for my grandma, but I will have loads more free time! I'm currently writing an outline for this story. I only have a few chapters done, but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer. I finally know where I'm going with this story! So I should have an update every 2 days, and if I don't, feel free to yell at me as a reminder =) I've also been editing past chapters and changing the tense from past to present, so let me know if you catch anything I miss! Thanks so much for holding out so long! Hope you like it!

After English class, I walk down the hallway to my locker.

All of a sudden, I'm shoved against the wall. All of the books fall from my hands, and an arm cuts off my air supply. Maddox pushes me against the wall harshly.

"You shouldn't have done what you did." He's whispering it, but it's as if he was yelling anyways. "You shouldn't have told him. You messed with the wrong person. You think you're all high and mighty because you have the Alpha on your side?" Maddox asks me.

I'm barely getting any breath, and just as it feels like I'm going to pass out, he loosens his hold just a bit so I can breathe.

"What do you mean by 'Alpha'?" My voice is scratchy.

He looks at me to see if I'm lying. He obviously thinks I know more than I do. He seems to realize I'm telling the truth.

"Wait, if you're not... then that means you're his..." A look of pure terror shows up on his face. He scrambles away from me as if I'm the plague. "Oh, god no."

All of a sudden, Asher tackles him from the side. Asher throws three hard, quick swings before Maddox is able to say anything.

Once he realizes the position he's in, Maddox says, "Alpha, I'm so sorry! I didn't know!"

Asher just glares at him. "You shouldn't have to know! You stilled harmed an innocent person!" He throws two more punches to knock him out.

Immediately, Asher gets up and rushes over to me. He looks me up and down and asks, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I nod my head in response.

He seems to realize that I'm in shock from what happened.

"Are you afraid of me now?", he asks me.

I break out of my shock, "No! Of course not! You were protecting me!"

Asher smiles at what I say. He checks me for injuries one last time before the bell rings. The episode must have taken the entire English period.

He looks me in the eyes and says, "Be careful at work. Take it slow. I'll see you later."

I smile at that and say that I'll be careful. Then we walk our separate ways.

***

I'm cleaning a table at the diner. My shift started less than an hour ago, and I'm already starting to sweat from all of the hard work.

After the table's clean, I go to table seven to take their order. It's a few elderly ladies out for a reunion lunch.

"What can I get you, ladies?" I politely ask them.

The one with the short, curly hair says, "I'll take a Dr. Pepper." They continue around the booth after that. Water. Tea. Water. Once it gets back to the first lady, she says, "And we each just want a single burger. Add cheese to mine."

I finish writing down the orders, and the first lady leans over to whisper, "The ticket's on me."

"I heard that!" The lady in the corner yells. The first lady just smiles, and I laugh.

I move on to the next table and take their order. And then the next table. And the next, until it's all just a rush around me.

I take orders, bring them to the kitchen, take more orders, grab food from the kitchen, hand out the food, and start the process over.

Sometime in night, I realize that the ladies had tipped me a fair amount. It makes me smile before I continue on with the order taking. Some people are like the elderly ladies and are sweet and kind, and other swear at you for the simplest things. But I think they just need a person to blame for their bad day.

Once the clock hits eight and things slow down, I head to the back to let the manager know I'm leaving.

"I'm thoroughly impressed with how you did, Jade. Don't forget that your next shift is Saturday." He tells me. I let him know I'll be here and then leave. It's Wednesday now, so that gives me three days until my next shift.

As I walk out the door, I realize that Asher never stopped by. My mood immediately drops to disappointment. I wonder what held him up? Or maybe he just didn't want to come?

I walk back to Charlie's apartment. I notice all the lone streetlights and dark alleyways and am reminded of those horror movies where the girl gets kidnapped for ransom. Way to freak yourself out, I tell myself. I quicken my steps and hurry home.

Once I walk through the door, I notice Charlie passed out in an awkward position on the couch. He must've had a tough day at work. I grab a blanket from the closet and lay it on top of him.

I go to the kitchen and see that Charlie left me some spaghetti from supper. I heat it in the microwave and eat it quickly before heading to my room.

I get out my romance novel I've been reading and continue with my chapter.

The main character finally realizes that the guy has been in love with her this entire time. Why does it always take them so long? I mean, if I had a guy who liked me, I wouldn't be so oblivious! I would go for it! Probably... I have no idea. I've never actually had a boyfriend before. I've never even gone on a date. I've been kissed, but that's it.

I wonder if I'll ever even find a guy. But when I think back to all the guys at this high school and at the past high school, I wonder why I would even want one. Guys can be so immature and disrespectful. Do I really want a guy like that?

But there's also some diamonds in the ruff, like Brody and Tristan, who treat their girlfriends with the upmost respect. And there's also Asher who's always been so sweet to me. I wish I can have a boyfriend like him. Or, better yet, have Asher himself. He's so sweet, funny, and handsome. He's perfect in almost every way.

I wish he was interested in me.

I snap out of my thoughts and realize that I've been stuck on the same page for twenty minutes. I put my book away and go to sleep.

So? What do you guys think? Feelings are starting to emerge; bonds are starting to build. Next chapter something unexpected is going to happen. Or, at least, I hope it will be unexpecting for you. That's the fun part =) You'll just have to wait until Saturday!

Comment

Vote

Fan

=)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 66.2K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
19.4K 282 20
Follow Nova on her journey to Pandora along side her childhood friends-who may have a crush on her- Jake after the death of his twin brother, discove...
1.8K 39 17
She doesn't know the alpha's son is her mate! She is pretty scared of Alphas cause what they might do. But middle school starts and that might change...
191 12 31
Jade who is crushing on her bestfriend and he tell her he has a Girlfriend she visited her childhood bestie and her bestie now is slowly distance him...