DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 67: WAR
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 71: RISK

405 7 1
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene begins with with teams DVNT, RWBY, Emerald, and Oscar in the meeting room. Weiss was pacing around the room, Emerald is leaning against a wall and Oscar is looking through the window. Everyone else is sitting at the table.

Mimir: well, if we had any doubts that Ironwood would go too far, I'd say now's the time to ditch them.

Dean: he's desperate, and it's clouding his better judgment.

Yang: (sighs) okay, Ironwood wants Penny, otherwise Mantle is done for. So, how do we stop him?

Blake: Qrow and Robyn are still in his custody, and May said that the Atlas security drones are watching the crater, so they're trapped too.

Oscar: and Salem isn't going to stay gone for much longer.

Nikki: not to mention Loptr is still out there.

Dean: and we haven't even seen Mundus.

Ruby: so then, it's impossible.

Emerald: see? If Miss Hero with all the answers doesn't have an answer, then we have ours.

Weiss: shut up.

Yang: (approaching Emerald) okay, then why don't you just leave?!

Emerald backs away in fear. However, Týra grabs both of them, and they look up to see her crossed expression.

Týra: this isn't the time to keep holding on to the past. If she wanted us dead or to leave, she would've done it by now.

Oscar: Týra's right. All of this doubt and worry and distrust, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Ruby: then nothing has changed! (Slams her hands on the table) we're in the exact same spot we were yesterday. Arguing what to do while the Kingdom waits to die.

Yang lays her hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her. Ruby shrugs the hand off and runs out of the room. Yang hesitates for a second, then runs after her.

A short while later, Dean leaves and soon finds Kasumi near a balcony. He joins her, and the two were in silence until Dean broke it.

Dean: heading out already?

Kasumi: I was planning to. (Beat) Dean, what I said back there—

Dean: why can't we work together? Just because we're opposite beings doesn't mean we can't still be friends. I get that this is a family matter to you, but that doesn't mean you have to go at it alone.

Kasumi: why do you care about this? It's my family matter, so why do you want to carry that weight too?

Dean: (looks out at the window) this whole started when my mother angered the gods, and was punished with immortality. And now, she's working with the monster who killed my grandparents, tortured my uncle and father, and even attacked my friends. All so they can get the relics together and bring Doomsday to Remnant. (Turns to her) this is my family matter, too. And, like it or not, ours are connected. So, instead fighting each other, we can help each other.

Kasumi thinks a bit, and then smiles while looking at him.

Kasumi: you're a lot more mature now.

Dean: I get that from my family.

Kasumi: you're still a dork, though.

Dean: I've been told that I get that from my dad.

Speaking of, said man was walking to them. Seeing this, Kasumi decided to exit and let the two hunters talk. After a moment, Dante broke the silence.

Dante: Nero and Vergil told me what happened. You weren't supposed to fight her.

Dean: it's not like I had a choice. She threatened my friends, and I wasn't gonna sit back and let it happen.

Dante: I get you hate Salem, but you can't kill your mother. Trust me, kid. Taking the life of a random bad guy's one thing. But, killing your own blood is another.

Dean: except I don't see her as that. I don't know her, I never experienced that kind of bond with her. Growing up, I learned that just because you're blood, that doesn't make you family. It's something you earned. Besides, you've had to do the same thing with Vergil. How is he different?

Dante: Vergil's my brother, and he was crazy back then. After I thought I had killed him, it messed with my head for years. And when I learned what he did to Nero, I had to make sure the kid didn't go through the same thing I did.

Dean: but it's still the same thing. (Beat) look, I get you guys are looking out for me and Vali. But, like it or not, we're going to fight Salem. And even if we can't kill her, she has to be stopped.

Dante: well, she's still down for now. So, how about saving that goal for another day, and focus on helping the people here?

Dean: how? Those ships were our last option, and since we haven't heard anything about helping on its way, we don't have a chance. So, what else can we do?

He was about to respond, when they suddenly hear a crash. Curious at what it was, they run inside to go to the front of the mansion. Outside, Penny is seen laying on the floor. She gets up, her eyes red.

Penny: I can no longer be delayed.

She begins to walk away. The others make it out, and Ruby uses her Semblance, and Dean uses Trickster, to get in front of her and grab her by the arms.

Ruby: Penny please!

Dean: you have to fight this!

Penny: (twitches uncontrollably) I...I must...open the Vault. (Eyes flashes between red and green) I, I do not want...Ah! Ruby, Dean, stop me!

Ruby: Penny! (Grabs her by the waist)

Dean: (grabs her by the front) snap out it!

Penny: (eyes settle on red) I must open the Vault and self-terminate.

She then begins to take flight with the brother and sister still holding on her. Penny is stopped from her flight by Gambol Shroud wrapping around her right arm. Ren takes the moment to grab Penny's other hand with the hooks from Storm Flower. Blake, Yang, Nora, and Oscar grab the chords, and together they drag Penny to the ground, onto a Glyph made by Weiss.

Weiss: I've got her!

Nora: what do we do?

Penny's eyes flare, as she summons a tempest around her. The wind causes Weiss to recoil, canceling the Glyph. Penny tries to lift herself up with the summoned wind.

Penny: I must open the Vault! (Eyes alternate from red to green) and self-terminate.

Emerald joins in, using the chain sickles from Thief's Respite top grab Penny by the shoulders. Then, Týra swings her Blades of Chaos around Penny's torso and she brings her down.

Emerald: do something!

Týra: we need to get her under control.

Jaune lets go of Gambol Shroud and heads towards Weiss. He powers her up with his Semblance, allowing Weiss to make a stronger Glyph, grounding Penny once more. For insurance, Vali and Vergil use the blistering sword technique to slow her down, and Nikki has Ravage morph its body to restrain her legs.

Ruby: Penny please. Tell me how to help you.

Penny, narrows both her green eyes.

Penny: kill me.

Ruby's eyes widen in shock.

Penny: kill me. And I can make sure the power goes to you.

Dean: no! We're not killing you and you're not dying!

Penny: please... Please! (Eyes twitch red) I cannot fight it!

Nora: yes you can! It's just a part of you, remember? If you were only a machine, you never could have fought back for this long.

As Penny struggles more, Kasumi suddenly walks up to her. Crouching down, she places two fingers on Penny's forehead, and Kasumi's eyes briefly glow blue. Then, Penny regains controls herself, and Kasumi stood up, and her eyes returned to normal.

Penny: what happened?

Kasumi: I healed you. Us angels possess the power to heal injuries of any kind.

Mimir: and being a daughter of the Archangel Aurora, you'd have no trouble healing an Android with aura.

Nikki: Mimir, you knew about this?!

Mimir: I had a hunch. That sword she's carrying, Cendrillon, was wielded by Aurora. Since she made it, and is the only one capable of carrying it, it made sense for her to be wielding it.

Týra: you can tell that story in a bit. For now, how are you feeling Penny?

Penny: (looks at her hands) the virus is still there.

Kasumi: I couldn't remove it, but was able to slow it down. It's thanks to her she's still in control.

Ruby: she's right. You've got an Aura, Penny, a soul. That's who you are, our friend, not a machine.

Dean: yeah. You're alive.

The group enjoy a moment of silence, being happy that they didn't lose Penny.

Emerald: I think you're wrong, by the way.

They all turn around to look at Emerald, who was sitting on the ground with her legs crossed.

Emerald: I highly doubt you're in the same place you started. I-I mean, yeah, y-you guys have been getting your asses kicked, some of that my fault, but like, you're at war. You're gonna take hits.

Emerald looks away, trying to figure out what she was trying to say.

Emerald: look, I'm just going to be super pissed if you all finally decided to give up the moment I switch sides.

Oscar: (smiles) switched sides, huh?

Emerald opens her mouth to reply, but is unable to retort.

Yang: aww.

The group begins to giggle at Emerald's look of embarrassment, and Týra and Vali just do a small smirk.

Emerald: or like, whatever.

Oscar offers Emerald a hand, which she accepts, and lifts her up.

Oscar: if you all wouldn't mind, I really think Ozpin would like to say something.

Everyone silently looks at Ruby and Dean.

Both: go ahead.

Oscar's eyes briefly flash gold, and Ozpin walks foward.

Ozpin: I was recently reminded of an old fairy tale. A young girl flees the consequences of a choice, to a magical place. But, having never learned from her initial failure, she only succeeds in spreading it. I failed all of you. I should have trusted you with the truth and should never have run the day you discovered it.

Yang: it was rough, but...

Blake: I think after everything that's happened here, we understand. Trust is..

Weiss: trust is a risk.

Oscar: and I hope it's a risk you can take on me again.

Týra: plus, we owe you an apology, too. When we first heard this, we were angry. But, now that we've experienced it, we underway you chose to keep it.

Nikki: we'd do the same if we were in your shoes.

Ozpin: thank you.

The moment was then cut short when Penny frowns and clutches her chest in pain.

Penny: I can still feel it fighting me.

Jaune: I can't just keep amping her forever.

Ren: and we can't keep Ironwood waiting.

Penny clutches her head in pain.

Nora: guys, she has to go to the Vault.

Everyone looks down in thought, except for Ruby who looks around at everyone.

Ruby: that's actually a risk we haven't considered.

Dean: wha'cha thinking, sis?

*IRONWOOD*

Some time later, Ironwood is standing in the Vault with his Scroll in his hand, in a phone call with Ruby.

Ruby: she'll do it.

Ironwood: the Academy entrance. Penny comes alone.

He hangs up, and the camera pans over to show his face. On it, was Ironwood having an evil grin, and glowing red eyes.

???: I've won. Exactly as planned.

Author's note: the end is upon us!
So, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the finale. Not in the since i don't know how to end it, but rather how to do the episodes. I'll figure it out when we get to that point.
Dean and Kasumi have an agreement. I plan to explore more on her later on, but that'll probably be in the next volume.
A father and son moment here. One of the things I wanted to do was for the two to learn from one another. Dean's learning with Dante that being a Demon Hunter is more complicated when it comes to fighting the bad villain. While Dante is learning from his son that even if Salem's his kid's biological mother, that doesn't mean she's their mom because she didn't raise them. And, I've always like that saying Dean from Supernatural said to Sam when he asked what their mom would think of them having to kill their grandfather. Yes, he was family, but a part of being family is trust and looking out for each other. He broke that trust when he betrayed them and used Sam when he didn't have a soul.
Angel healing abilities! Another thing from Supernatural I wanted to bring was the angels power to heal. And, since Kasumi's mom is a power Archangel, she can heal anything that has an aura. Including a robot with a soul.

Next chapter: genie's cousin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 26 26
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...
1.3K 14 10
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls and a boy are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating t...
31.6K 945 16
In Vale, there's a coffee café that serves heavenly drinks and questionably amazing curry that pairs so well with the coffee. Even renowned Headmaste...
13.3K 234 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...